Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Kelp Me! posted:

I think you were part of the earlier discussion but Erra's recent stuff kind of reminds me of Memphis May Fire.

Yeah I remember that and I do dig them so thanks. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Wamsutta posted:

Yeah I remember that and I do dig them so thanks. :)

Thank you for reminding me that Erra put out stuff this year, I hadn't heard it yet and it's really good

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Kelp Me! posted:

Thank you for reminding me that Erra put out stuff this year, I hadn't heard it yet and it's really good

Wait, they did? Drift was my album of the year last year. Did they drop something since then? :raise:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Beelzebozo posted:

Wait, they did? Drift was my album of the year last year. Did they drop something since then? :raise:

Last year, not this year :v: I hadn't heard of them before they played on the Sumerian 10 Year tour, and I got to the show late and missed them, so all I knew was Augment and earlier, and for some reason that stuff never really clicked with me.

So yeah, I'm just discovering Drift for the first time and it's loving killer. I got confused because some of the Youtube videos for songs off it are from the last few months.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Drift was my first exposure to them and it 's solid but Augment loving rips. It's a lot heavier and I find myself listening to it a few times a week start to finish.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Welp, looks like I've got a shitload of Erra to listen to for homework, then!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

The whole album shreds and slams but 3:57 in Margidda on Ultu Ulla is such a good, heavy breakdown.

Also, the fact that Rings of Saturn have gone full ancient alien weirdos and have named both of their last albums in Sumerian is pretty incredible.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

ShoogaSlim posted:

The whole album shreds and slams but 3:57 in Margidda on Ultu Ulla is such a good, heavy breakdown.

Also, the fact that Rings of Saturn have gone full ancient alien weirdos and have named both of their last albums in Sumerian is pretty incredible.

No bullshit, that whole thing's incredible. The Macrocosm is a :master: of an instrumental. That part where a high riff plays over a low riff is filthy.

Also, the new one from Wage War is up today, boys, and it goes pretty hard. Don't Let Me Fade Away @0:42 might be blech of the year.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Beelzebozo posted:

Also, the new one from Wage War is up today, boys, and it goes pretty hard. Don't Let Me Fade Away @0:42 might be blech of the year.

Haha I thought the exact same thing when I heard it this morning! So far Witness is my favorite track, but the first four are all bangers.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

kumba posted:

Haha I thought the exact same thing when I heard it this morning! So far Witness is my favorite track, but the first four are all bangers.

They put up a video for that one this morning. If it's your favorite, check out manboobs #1 and manboobs #2 singing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWo1N8Q0t9o

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Beelzebozo posted:

They put up a video for that one this morning. If it's your favorite, check out manboobs #1 and manboobs #2 singing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWo1N8Q0t9o

I've seen the manboobs in person (they're local to me (Gainesville FL))

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

That new Wage War tape goes

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Spotify discover weekly threw a band called 'Spite' at me today and they rule, remind me a lot of I Declare War. New tape is called Nothing Is Beautiful

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Dango Bango posted:

Also, check out the new Make Them Suffer album released today. I'm digging it.

This new one is way better than I expected. I'm actually pretty into it. I saw these guys open for Erra/ABR last year, and they had way too much keyboard and female vocal for my taste. But both those elements are down-played here. Give it a listen.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Wamsutta posted:

Spotify discover weekly threw a band called 'Spite' at me today and they rule, remind me a lot of I Declare War. New tape is called Nothing Is Beautiful

Bruh, I mentioned them the day the album came out and you were the very next poster! Keep up!

(they're good and I'm still listening to that album)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The 2 brothers from the original Emmure lineup (aka the first of multiple times the whole band quit rather than share a stage with frankie palmeri again) did a new thing and it's kind of neat. A little generic/boring but some decent djenty vibes off it. Definitely better than what Emmure is putting out nowadays IMO at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdukbaATk6E

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

XIII posted:

Bruh, I mentioned them the day the album came out and you were the very next poster! Keep up!

(they're good and I'm still listening to that album)

My bad!

Kelp Me! posted:

The 2 brothers from the original Emmure lineup (aka the first of multiple times the whole band quit rather than share a stage with frankie palmeri again) did a new thing and it's kind of neat. A little generic/boring but some decent djenty vibes off it. Definitely better than what Emmure is putting out nowadays IMO at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdukbaATk6E

Looking forward to checking this out after work. Some Emmure songs are guilty pleasures of mine but as a whole that band is toxic and a mess, interested to see what the non-Frankie people can do when cut free of his boat anchor personality.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Don't get your hopes up too much because it sounds absolutely nothing like Emmure, it's more like a bargain-bin Contortionist/Tesseract or something

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I like it but yeah it's basically Tesseract-lite

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Every Time I Die being the support band for Taking Back Sunday is fantastic because of how many TBS fans had their night all hosed up by ETID ruckus

XIII fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 9, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oh man that should be as hilarious as when Dillinger Escape Plan opened for Coheed & Cambria

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I'm assuming a number of Warped tour kids have gotten trucked during Acacia Strain pits this summer

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nah Warped's had good metal bands for years now. I remember like 10+ years ago when the screamo bands were starting to hit Warped, Horse The Band played and none of the emo kids knew what the gently caress. At one point a giant bearded man starting spinning around with a big metal trash can in the middle of the pit.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Yeah, Warped basically has two stages dedicated to heavier bands now, so (unfortunately) there aren't too many tweens getting hilariously caught in pits they weren't ready for.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Double posting, but here's the new Trivium single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAoKcM54Q1Y

At this point, they've just given up on trying to be good

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

XIII posted:

Double posting, but here's the new Trivium single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAoKcM54Q1Y

At this point, they've just given up on trying to be good

I actually thought this was pretty good? It's better than anything off their last 2 releases that's for drat sure, especially Vengeance Falls. gently caress that album to hell, poo poo sucks

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Silence in the snow really sucked, Vengeance Falls was....interesting?

Shogun is peak trivium, that whole album is a loving masterpiece.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Ember to Inferno: Good
Ascendancy: Great
The Crusade: Great
Shogun: Good
In Waves: Great
Vengeance Falls: David loving Draiman
Silence in the Snow: lol, power metal?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

XIII posted:

Every Time I Die being the support band for Taking Back Sunday is fantastic because of how many TBS fans had their night all hosed up by ETID ruckus

My hometown venue posted a video of an EITD song from this tour tonight. Hardly any crowd movement during it :( Hoping it was just the confused people in the back.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
new TAIM album leaked and its siiiick

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Any time I hear Absolomb by Periphery I get flashbacks to playing City of Heroes because that main riff sounds like some ability I don't remember the name of

Welp that's my story

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

New Varials is out today. It's what you think. (The first lyric is, "what does the world have against me?!" :rolleyes:) Not gonna change your mind if you don't like this stuff already. But I wanted to point out that there's a Bryan Garris feature on this tape that is white hot. Travis Tabron barks like a dog on the track to try to impress Bryan. It's really cute. Arf! Arf!

edit: vvv I found that album completely terrible! :haw: hashtag opinions. btw where has Shooga been? He hasn't dunked on my tastes in a minute

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 11, 2017

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Been really digging Northern Ghost's debut lately. Nothing groundbreaking but has a lot of strong Sepmiternal and Define the Great Line vibes. Lyrics get a little melodramatic at times but real fun otherwise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htY8uRy-E4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDRxopx6CBw

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Got my ticket for the last dillinger show in NYC, was sold out loving instantly but luckily a friend managed to get a few. Now to get tickets to fly there from Denmark. God, I'm an idiot.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Woodenlung posted:

Got my ticket for the last dillinger show in NYC, was sold out loving instantly but luckily a friend managed to get a few. Now to get tickets to fly there from Denmark. God, I'm an idiot.

you lucky gently caress I even set a reminder and couldn't get tickets

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Woodenlung posted:

Haha, solid - did you get a chance to catch them at Copenhell or at Pumpehuset?

These guys are warming up for Thy Art Is Murder on their upcoming EU tour - they just released a sick debut that you should all check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPWsgTmIteU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

New track from Converge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFmMswcPPzs

New album out in Nov.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

XIII posted:

New track from Converge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFmMswcPPzs

New album out in Nov.

gently caress yes :getin:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Mmm. That's extremely my poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kelp Me! posted:

you lucky gently caress I even set a reminder and couldn't get tickets

I missed it too. I did see them at their first NYC farewell show though, and caught when they played St Vitus so I'm not too too broken up.

Also I hate Terminal 5 so having a good excuse to not go is nice.