Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gently caress you you loving rear end in a top hat you got my hopes up for a sonic mania reveal

Die!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

6. More. Days.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Ice Cap Zone is a sick as hell level so I hope that's one of the returning stages. I want an extended snowboarding segment

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Evil Eagle posted:

6. More. Days.

So badass.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Man, I don't remember having this much trouble as a kid or the 1000 other times I've replayed Sonic 3 but I loving CANNOT beat the Ice Cap boss as Knuckles.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Playing Sonic CD right now and my opinions are changing on it a bit. Between the soundtrack, no pits (except one), and the general easiness, it's easily the chillest Sonic game.:cool:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Man, I don't remember having this much trouble as a kid or the 1000 other times I've replayed Sonic 3 but I loving CANNOT beat the Ice Cap boss as Knuckles.

Most of the bosses in S3&K are quite a bit harder as Knuckles.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

6. More. Days.

tupac lives

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

gently caress you you loving rear end in a top hat you got my hopes up for a sonic mania reveal

Die!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, sorry that was not my intention.

I remember being amazed at the snow physics in that level.

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Man I love how Marble Zone looks freaky as hell with these UFOs spinning in the sky. Was this how it was supposed to look in the beta?

https://youtu.be/3ITUGssYFr4

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Andre Banzai posted:

Man I love how Marble Zone looks freaky as hell with these UFOs spinning in the sky. Was this how it was supposed to look in the beta?

https://youtu.be/3ITUGssYFr4

Wayne's World apparently has beta footage of Sonic 1 in it with these UFOs http://www.sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?catid=1&gameid=1&subid=4&artid=9

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Playing Sonic CD right now and my opinions are changing on it a bit. Between the soundtrack, no pits (except one), and the general easiness, it's easily the chillest Sonic game.:cool:

I think I'd like CD more if getting to the past wasn't a pain / I wasn't terrible at it. I can never manage to make good futures or get a good ending.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

I think I'd like CD more if getting to the past wasn't a pain / I wasn't terrible at it. I can never manage to make good futures or get a good ending.

Just catch all the Time Stones and the game tells you're so cool.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Doing an all good futures run is fun and if you play as Tails it's a lot easier. I enjoyed CD most doing a casual "do whatever" runthrough as Sonic and then a more completionist runthrough as Tails, who gets more leeway to backtrack and explore the levels.

Also let me try playing with both US and JP soundtracks. Fun!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

These last 6 days are torture

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Wayne's World apparently has beta footage of Sonic 1 in it with these UFOs http://www.sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?catid=1&gameid=1&subid=4&artid=9

What kind of a motherfucker thinks Wayne's World is a "god awful" movie? :mad:

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

That's awesome. Why the hell did they remove the UFOs?? They looked RIDICULOUSLY COOL!

BRING BACK WEIRD SONIC AESTHETICS

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

They were maybe a little too busy for non-interactive background objects. They look cool but they're also like, big and animated and foreground-y.

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Android Blues posted:

They were maybe a little too busy for non-interactive background objects. They look cool but they're also like, big and animated and foreground-y.

Also cool cool cool and way cool

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Andre Banzai posted:

Also cool cool cool and way cool

Cool as they are I kinda hate it when stage backgrounds are too flashy, I lose track of my character really easily. Like when I play Smash 4 I always lose track of what's going on because of all the bullshit going on in the background on some stages

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Heaven Spacey posted:

Cool as they are I kinda hate it when stage backgrounds are too flashy,

but enough about Sonic CD

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm taking my baby brother on a week-long camping trip for his 20th birthday the day after Mania comes out so of you see me not posting it's not cause I'm dead (unless I get jacked my a bear). I might binge playthrough it Tuesday night though. Maybe. But even then I still gotta do loads of driving that day and pack...being a good, social person is extremely tough sometimes but I know sonic believes in me!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I love my brother, I love sonic, and I love this thread and you are all my friends :h:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to be playing Sonic Mania all week and nothing is going to stand in my way.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Andre Banzai posted:

That's awesome. Why the hell did they remove the UFOs?? They looked RIDICULOUSLY COOL!

BRING BACK WEIRD SONIC AESTHETICS

Don't worry, the Marble Zone UFOs are in Sonic Mania... sort of. Part of the lampposts in Studiopolis are based on their sprite.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 9, 2017

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Wednesday Aug 16th is going to be the worst day at work ever.

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Don't worry, the Marble Zone UFOs are in Sonic Mania... sort of. Part of the lampposts in Studiopolis are based on their sprite.

Hadn't noticed that! I'll take it as a consolation prize, thank you. Sadly that means Marble Zone is pretty much guaranteed not to be in Mania.

(Should have expected that, all levels shown seem to have at least one fast route in order to let players try them in Time Attack mode, and Marble Zone was a slow level)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm taking my baby brother on a week-long camping trip for his 20th birthday the day after Mania comes out so of you see me not posting it's not cause I'm dead (unless I get jacked my a bear). I might binge playthrough it Tuesday night though. Maybe. But even then I still gotta do loads of driving that day and pack...being a good, social person is extremely tough sometimes but I know sonic believes in me!

Well, if you get mania for the switch you can bring it with you like all those bizarre Nintendo commercials suggest!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Can Tails in Sonic Mania still kill badniks by flying up into them and hitting them with his tails?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Kurieg posted:

Well, if you get mania for the switch you can bring it with you like all those bizarre Nintendo commercials suggest!

Nobody camps on downtown rooftops, dude.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

I love my brother, I love sonic, and I love this thread and you are all my friends :h:

Friend! 6 days until Mania. I am very excited!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also I would like to nominate Beep by grandpa as MVP of this thread

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ColdPie posted:

Nobody camps on downtown rooftops, dude.

Lol check out this dude who doesn't even RTSP (rooftop switch party)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hmm. I'm going to nominate Sonic the Hedgehog.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Can Tails in Sonic Mania still kill badniks by flying up into them and hitting them with his tails?

I can't see why not, since that was in the Sonic CD remaster by the same team.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It turns out beep by grandpa is actually the real sonic but he chooses to remain anonymous because he's a celebrity

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

It turns out beep by grandpa is actually the real sonic but he chooses to remain anonymous because he's a celebrity

And when he calls his brother "baby brother" you know who he's talking about, that's right, Tails.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

beep by grandpa more like the jig is up

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

No wonder that woman he was talking about dating is a big Sonic fan, it's probably Amy :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/895315859295555585