Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

MMAgCh posted:

Well, the new "show cooldowns near the cursor" option doesn't appear to be working for me at all. :confused:

It does it when you try to use the ability when it's on cooldown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

garrosh is powerful but difficult to play

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

It does it when you try to use the ability when it's on cooldown.
While I'll admit to not having read the tooltip especially closely, that's also not how I thought it'd work at all. Oh well.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SirSamVimes posted:

garrosh is powerful but difficult to play

is his toss a really small range or just he can target where to put dudes? So far it's seemed less like a throw in practice and more like diablo's flip, but I haven't played him. Could just be where folks are deciding to chuck him.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Coolness Averted posted:

is his toss a really small range or just he can target where to put dudes? So far it's seemed less like a throw in practice and more like diablo's flip, but I haven't played him. Could just be where folks are deciding to chuck him.

The range is kinda short unless you talent it, but you can target the destination. The throwee is automatically whoever is closest, hero or minion.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Every Garrosh today, save one, has thrown enemies out of my azmodunks/hooks/napalm.

Who were the next few heroes per that leak mentioned earlier? A Firebat, some dragon lady, and...?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Power Bottom posted:

Every single game I've had a Garrosh on my team I've lost.
Every single game I've had a Garrosh on the enemy team I've won.

He has literally been in the game hours

Dodgeball posted:

Every Garrosh today, save one, has thrown enemies out of my azmodunks/hooks/napalm.

Who were the next few heroes per that leak mentioned earlier? A Firebat, some dragon lady, and...?

Kel'thuzad, Firebat, Anna, Junkrat, and Alexstraza. I think I'm forgetting one

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I'm trying to use that "Gruby" fellow's build site: http://www.robogrub.com/builds#probius/0

But the actual builds don't load...what's the deal? I just want someone to make talent decisions for me.

edit: whoops wrong link!

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Macaluso posted:

Ah, thank you. :tipshat:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ha, I like that one of Garrosh's voice lines is "you are dismissed". Also his default line is "I answer... to NO ONE"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I still barely know how to play this game but it seems fun

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Warm Woolen Pants posted:

idgi, why did he call you a piece of poo poo in the first place? I've seen people stuck in reconnect hell all game and nobody's said anything because we all know it sucks.

Was it the router? Yeah, I bet it was the router.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Ha, I like that one of Garrosh's voice lines is "you are dismissed". Also his default line is "I answer... to NO ONE"

I honestly broke down and bought him because of the line HELLSCREAM'S EYES ARE UPON YOU. So nostalgic. :3:

I really did like Garrosh and I'm sad he went full Hitler.

Macaluso posted:

He has literally been in the game hours

Man, that's 3 heroes I kinda want to get. Junkrat and Ana can :frogout:.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Aug 9, 2017

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Captain Foo posted:

Yeah i feel the same way. Think I finally am starting to recognize like half the heroes through and know if they are tanks, assassins etc. If you want to play some QMs with someone else who's new hit me up, I'm DrDrew in the SAGoons channel.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
quote="Power Bottom" post="475176173"]
Every single game I've had a Garrosh on my team I've lost.
Every single game I've had a Garrosh on the enemy team I've won.

Surely a coincidence.
[/quote]

What are all these games that had a garrosh on one team but not the other

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Cuntellectual posted:

What are all these games that had a garrosh on one team but not the other

I haven't been matched in a single game with dupe dudes so far in QM

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Coolness Averted posted:

I haven't been matched in a single game with dupe dudes so far in QM

I imagine there are a lot of people picking Garrosh right now so it's cool that matchmaker can still stick to the new "mirror matches are avoided as much as possible" change.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 9, 2017

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I'm trying to use that "Gruby" fellow's build site: http://www.robogrub.com/builds#probius/0

But the actual builds don't load...what's the deal? I just want someone to make talent decisions for me.

edit: whoops wrong link!

Looks like Heroes-fire (the site he uses to display builds) is having issues.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Garrosh seems cool but very tricky to play. I think he'll be pretty great in organized groups and pro matches where he can pull off some loving sick nasty combos with people who are aware of what's happening around them.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Had a game as greymane with a garrosh, dude kept throwing me into the enemies :psyduck:. In chat he's like "hey don't worry I'll toss you into the fray!" Like he thought I was a tank or something lol

AccountingNightmare posted:

Good glad it's everyone

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Aug 9, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I mean I understand that it'd be too cumbersome to have to pick a target and the landing spot for throws, but right now the auto target mechanism seems kinda sorta really clunky. In my last game I tried to throw a minion onto some enemies to slow them down and save a Stitches who was trying to get away from them. The targeting mechanism picked Stitches and I ended up flinging a 5% HP Stitches back into the enemy team where he was promptly murdered.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Captain Foo posted:

I'll let you in on a secret, no one knows how to play this game but it's fun

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Der Shovel posted:

I mean I understand that it'd be too cumbersome to have to pick a target and the landing spot for throws, but right now the auto target mechanism seems kinda sorta really clunky. In my last game I tried to throw a minion onto some enemies to slow them down and save a Stitches who was trying to get away from them. The targeting mechanism picked Stitches and I ended up flinging a 5% HP Stitches back into the enemy team where he was promptly murdered.

Working as intended.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
I tried unstoppabling myself to get out of a gank and accidentally ending up flinging my brightwing into a pile of melee gankers, making me feel completely terrible. Whoops.

Garrosh reminds me of DVA in their ability to sow chaos, but garrosh can really do some amazing things with the right comps. Flinging enemy varians over a wall is hilarious during a cluch teamfight. Throwing your friends to safety and the enemy into a punisher stun right off is super fun.

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013
Retooled Butcher feels pretty alright to use. Helps that the retooling came out along with a CC-heavy hero who can help you secure safer stuns to pick up swathes of fresh meat. Garrosh and Butcher work really well off each other.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

AccountingNightmare posted:

It's a website possessed by a cat, in that it sleeps 22 hours a day.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

I honestly broke down and bought him because of the line HELLSCREAM'S EYES ARE UPON YOU. So nostalgic. :3:

I really did like Garrosh and I'm sad he went full Hitler.

Man, that's 3 heroes I kinda want to get. Junkrat and Ana can :frogout:.

Uhhh Junkrat is the only one on that list that matters actually. YOU can :frogout:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Star posted:

Yeah i feel the same way. Think I finally am starting to recognize like half the heroes through and know if they are tanks, assassins etc. If you want to play some QMs with someone else who's new hit me up, I'm DrDrew in the SAGoons channel.

Ok!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I played a match last night where each team had a garrosh and each team had a lunara, so yeah the avoid mirror thing isn't perfect

There were also a lot of weirdly bad players on last night... My team of level 500+ teammates in QM just didn't leave their lanes during the first tower phase and we lost 3 towers, which was very strange. Idk if everyone got a play 8 games quest yesterday or something because there was weirdly passive play.

Also the bonus xp for choosing a random heto from your favorites isn't worth it, it also randomizes yout outfit and mount which makes it literally unplayable.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

No Wave posted:

I played a match last night where each team had a garrosh and each team had a lunara, so yeah the avoid mirror thing isn't perfect

Lunara is free week and Garrosh is new so there's a poo poo ton of both, so it's probably doing the best it can.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Well yeah obviously. This is the first free lunara week in a while. Surprised I'm not seeing more d vas.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Olaf The Stout posted:

Garrosh reminds me of DVA in their ability to sow chaos, but garrosh can really do some amazing things with the right comps. Flinging enemy varians over a wall is hilarious during a cluch teamfight. Throwing your friends to safety and the enemy into a punisher stun right off is super fun.

I murdered the poo poo out of a Zagara who was trying to go nuts on our wall. Pulled her in with my Q, then chucked her over the wall for the towers to finish. It's like everything I liked about Diablo's jerk-rear end combo amped to 11.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
AFKing in a match is lovely and bad and you shouldn't do it.

Full stop.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Der Shovel posted:

Garrosh seems cool but very tricky to play. I think he'll be pretty great in organized groups and pro matches where he can pull off some loving sick nasty combos with people who are aware of what's happening around them.

I've seen some pretty great combos in 5 stacks with a stitches, garrosh, stukov. Even genji has trouble getting away from 2 pulls, a silence, and a gobble. -Never saw them live the dream and pull, hook, gobble, and shove though.

No Wave posted:

There were also a lot of weirdly bad players on last night... My team of level 500+ teammates in QM just didn't leave their lanes during the first tower phase and we lost 3 towers, which was very strange. Idk if everyone got a play 8 games quest yesterday or something because there was weirdly passive play.
Yeah, we had a game with a lvl 900 troll or bot TLV who specifically would idle near merc camps, just close enough to them so on the minimap it looked like we might've been doing them, then attack them/do them just to avoid idlekicks or if we got close enough to see he wasn't doing poo poo.

quote:

Also the bonus xp for choosing a random heto from your favorites isn't worth it, it also randomizes yout outfit and mount which makes it literally unplayable.
It also does a poo poo job of viable comps. Had a match where it decided my team that already had 2 warriors, khara, and gaz really needed a 3rd warrior, the other team meanwhile had a pretty standard comp.

Olaf The Stout posted:

I tried unstoppabling myself to get out of a gank and accidentally ending up flinging my brightwing into a pile of melee gankers, making me feel completely terrible. Whoops.
heh, greetings

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Do you get more xp in AI with human teammates than with AI teammates?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What's the deal with the level 10 character boxes? Is it guaranteed to get you items just for that character?

I ask because I'm pretty close with Malthael, but if I'm going to be getting some cosmetics for him I'll probably wait until he has some decent costumes.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

PantsBandit posted:

What's the deal with the level 10 character boxes? Is it guaranteed to get you items just for that character?

I ask because I'm pretty close with Malthael, but if I'm going to be getting some cosmetics for him I'll probably wait until he has some decent costumes.

It's guaranteed at least one item for that character, but it could be anything from as awesome as a legendary skin or as boring as a voice line or related spray.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm holding out for sakura malthiel too

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Toshimo posted:

Do you get more xp in AI with human teammates than with AI teammates?

No, but AI teammates tend to have longer games which will get you more exp per game. If you can get a friend bonus going, that is faster. The fastest way to get gold is to churn AI games as fast as you can, which is faster with humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

EdRush posted:

No, but AI teammates tend to have longer games which will get you more exp per game. If you can get a friend bonus going, that is faster. The fastest way to get gold is to churn AI games as fast as you can, which is faster with humans.

Does gold per day from AI games cap like xp does?