Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Anfauglir posted:

I plan on trying to pull a 9S, and replacing either Knight Delita or Ashe with him, but not sure which would be better to replace or if one of the units on my bench would be better.

Going down the list:
  • Amelia is mostly good for Arena, on account of having a baked in dual-wield and an AoE Stop-inducing move. She's worth building up, but can't really find a place in your team.
  • Cecil is an alternate tank option instead of Earth Veritas - you lose out on AoE/provoke-tanking but gain Curaja access. Probably not worth it.
  • Cloud of Darkness is still okay as a bargain support option, if for no other reason than her omni-resist skill and her own Esunaga-like. Ashe probably has you covered in most circumstances, though.
  • Firion is a long-term investment. He needs to be mostly fully enhanced, and loaded to the eyeballs with TMRs, and then he becomes amazing. Until then, ehhh.
  • Mercedes plays real well with Tidus and his water-imperil, but I'd only consider going down that route if you already have her TMR and don't want to use Ashe/Delita.

Past that, your 6* options are either less effective than your current team, or characters I don't actually know much about.

As for 9S, if you manage to pull her I'd say either swap out Knight Delita or Tidus. Ashe provides support options that Refia lacks, and while Tidus is strong, he doesn't really mesh with the KD + Ashe combo. On the other hand, outside of breaks and a lightning imperil, Delita doesn't offer all that much, either.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Cartoon Man posted:

http://fan-fes.finalfantasyexvius.com/ny/

New York City fan festa registration is now open. Only 500 will be chosen out of the billion or so that apply...

hope everyone who attends has ramza

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Roflex posted:

Main questions:
1) Who should I level next?
2) Who should I bench?
3) Aside from TM farming and levelling friend units to sell for gil, what should I be doing? I was able to clear up through the 85 energy dungeon, and can clear FFT ELT with a good friend unit (but I have nothing left to get from that aside from a couple 1* moogles and the really expensive mats). I've also been slowly working through story missions for the extra lapis.

Marie is extremely useful. Getting Enhancements this week, probably will be even better.

Earth Veritas is the best tank at the moment. Doesn't have the breaks of WoL but has party damage mitigation instead.

Upgraded Ace is a great mana battery and damage unit.

Fohlen is really good, and a dodgetank that can chain with Amelia and Reberta to do a lot of damage.

Firion will be a monster, eventually. Once you get a whole bunch of good gear.

Rikku is great.

hagie posted:

I've been wondering if there is a niche, non-Fryevia(have) or Tilith (don't have) unit I could share to help out in some conditions.

Just a thought, though it seems most people want the heady DD

Enhanced Ace is great for on Ace-havers.

A non-Orlandeu source of damage is good for the light resistant bosses like the robot. (Which I haven't beat yet, just got Rikku's Pouch today though.) Can a single Fryevia do the robot in?

A Marie or other buffer/debuffer can be handy.

Drew my very first Ludmille today!

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Does the person who has a Veritas of the Dark who can solo the Dark Espers still have any spaces? I finally got everything I needed out of the grind event and it might be nice to shoot my Aileen up to greater heights finally.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for what it's worth i am like 95% certain that veritas of the earth has the best lb to level in the game.

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.

Dragomorph posted:

Does the person who has a Veritas of the Dark who can solo the Dark Espers still have any spaces? I finally got everything I needed out of the grind event and it might be nice to shoot my Aileen up to greater heights finally.

Sure do! 376,364,143

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Quality Control posted:

Sure do! 376,364,143

Thanks for this, I used your DV earlier to cheese it and it went very well. Will probably do it again tomorrow to get the esper summoning conditional, didn't want to chance a death the first time. Also have my level 1 Helena 34 levels so that was nice I guess.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It's obvious to us who've been playing this for the past year, but for new players, stay away for the 400 Lapis summer bundle. It's not worth 400 for a single pull and the other crap they've thrown in there to sweeten the pot.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

It's obvious to us who've been playing this for the past year, but for new players, stay away for the 400 Lapis summer bundle. It's not worth 400 for a single pull and the other crap they've thrown in there to sweeten the pot.

Yeah. Last "summer bundle" they had (about a week ago) was 2 tickets, the key, and the phoenix down for 300, for an idea of just how screwed you're getting.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Always gets me when I leave my macro running, remote in to check on it, and some how I am on the Pham continent...HOW?

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

Quality Control posted:

Sure do! 376,364,143

Thanks, sent a friend request.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hagie posted:

Always gets me when I leave my macro running, remote in to check on it, and some how I am on the Pham continent...HOW?

I asked the same question and was told, "It happens sometimes."

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The in game ad for the raid is not live yet but it's posted to Reddit. Still waiting on the Marlboro ad and the enhancements ad.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

BDawg posted:

I asked the same question and was told, "It happens sometimes."

If the app crashes while you're not in a battle, it will take you to the main screen when it logs back in, from there, the button press sequence will take you to various places. Mine currently goes to a town in Olderion.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

hagie posted:

If your macro is one that "recovers" after crashes but nox/memu crashes while you are outside a level (ex. at the level select screen), then when the macro restarts FFBE it may start at the big world map. If you're up-to-date with the story the places the macro taps will now send you into Pham (the macro I use sent me into Zoldaad before Pham). If it crashes inside a level it restarts from there, so recovers fine.

Also, if I accidentally log in to FFBE on another device at the same time (like my phone) it can cause nox/memu to have to log in again, which also sends it back to the big world map.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

NinjaDebugger posted:

If the app crashes while you're not in a battle, it will take you to the main screen when it logs back in, from there, the button press sequence will take you to various places. Mine currently goes to a town in Olderion.

Ahh... that makes sense. Thanks.

That's a tougher problem for the scripts to solve than crash in a battle.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

The in game ad for the raid is not live yet but it's posted to Reddit. Still waiting on the Marlboro ad and the enhancements ad.

Why hello there almost Genji Blade-strength katana and a near-BiS helm for casters (who can wear helms). :eyepop:

NinjaDebugger posted:

I have Nox laid out in a way that if the app crashes it opens the browser and clicks around an empty space, not that there's any lapis for it to burn on android for me anyways.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why hello there almost Genji Blade-strength katana

We are almost (if not already) entering a point in out meta where you cast Gravija on yourself to lower your health in order to activate near death buffs and skills, then full heal back up. Be interesting to see what % boost you get with Dark Covenant and how many turns it lasts.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Ps if anyone wants to play with Lunera chaining:

Setting her as my friend leader.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?
Dark Espers down san 5 star moogle thanks to Quality Control's Dark Veritas and Shine hiding for the entire battle! (She shot up from level 14 to level 40 as a result, lol)

Next target is Echidna. Hoo boy.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Man, I feel really bad, I finally got Lightning all Dark Esper ready, and suddenly Dark Veritas is here "yo naw I got this"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dragomorph posted:

Dark Espers down san 5 star moogle thanks to Quality Control's Dark Veritas and Shine hiding for the entire battle! (She shot up from level 14 to level 40 as a result, lol)

Next target is Echidna. Hoo boy.

We are all going to put up our enhanced Marie on Friday. (Thursday?) She can cast 100% status immunity for that fight so you won't need ribbons if you don't have them.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Man, I feel really bad, I finally got Lightning all Dark Esper ready, and suddenly Dark Veritas is here "yo naw I got this"

My Tidus is standing next to you like "aww son of a..."

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

We are all going to put up our enhanced Marie on Friday. (Thursday?) She can cast 100% status immunity for that fight so you won't need ribbons if you don't have them.

I think the Marie I can make is like a 1/2 step behind yours. I think you have a shield or certain materia I don't. Can't remember...

hagie fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 9, 2017

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

Cartoon Man posted:

Oh snap, I didn't realize she was getting enhancements. Now I want one.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

I think the Marie I can make is like a 1/2 step behind yours. I think you have a shield or certain materia I don't. Can't remember...

You mean.....Wilhelm's shield? :smug:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i've got that on bran

sing to victory with bran

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If Malboro casts death, I'll may put the genji shield on.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Dragomorph posted:

Oh snap, I didn't realize she was getting enhancements. Now I want one.
Yea she goes from situationally good support to really good support. Aoe status immunity, and her all resistance buff gets extended to 5 turns and gets a massive regen attached (2.5k+ a turn).

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I would like to thank anyone willing to enhance their Marie, if her Love You All is even going to be useful during this next fight, because I ain't wasting my Support/Guard Crysts on her.

I will however toss a single +1 into her Reflect skill so that you can use it with Dual Cast, though god knows if that will ever be useful.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Quality Control posted:

Ok, DV is up. Friend code 376,364,143

My test run took 35 minutes and that's with a self-targeted Graviga at the start to trigger his +100% ATK buff and auto-attacking the whole way. If you bring a unit with Hide, you should be able to complete the no deaths or esper summon missions but probably not both unless you're really lucky.

I can't get him to target himself. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I was tapping, not long pressing. That did it.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 9, 2017

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Goons in Discord and the Nier event have piqued my interest in BE again, so I'm coming back from a hell of a long hiatus (the first halloween event, iirc). Looking for any and all goon friends to help get my rear end jumpstarted back into the game. Friend code is 272,485,392; thanks in advance! (5* Exdeath with weak equipment, but I'm working on it!)

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

FeralWraith posted:

Goons in Discord and the Nier event have piqued my interest in BE again, so I'm coming back from a hell of a long hiatus (the first halloween event, iirc). Looking for any and all goon friends to help get my rear end jumpstarted back into the game. Friend code is 272,485,392; thanks in advance! (5* Exdeath with weak equipment, but I'm working on it!)
You should post what you have, if exdeath is your best unit you should really consider rerolling. The current and next banners are both very good ones to reroll on.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

I would like to thank anyone willing to enhance their Marie, if her Love You All is even going to be useful during this next fight, because I ain't wasting my Support/Guard Crysts on her.

I will however toss a single +1 into her Reflect skill so that you can use it with Dual Cast, though god knows if that will ever be useful.

Malboro Marie is ready to go!

Anybody lurking the thread needs me, send an invite. Depending on the datamine, I may switch the Rikku pouch for a safety bit if he casts death. I'll also adjust espers depending on what kind of elemental damage he does. I have Carbuncle on now, but I got a feeling he'll be putting out some Dark damage stuff. Seems like it would fit the character.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FeralWraith posted:

Invite sent!

Cartoon Man posted:

I thought I already had you, but I was wrong. Request sent!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Anybody lurking the thread needs me, send an invite. Depending on the datamine, I may switch the Rikku pouch for a safety bit if he casts death. I'll also adjust espers depending on what kind of elemental damage he does. I have Carbuncle on now, but I got a feeling he'll be putting out some Dark damage stuff. Seems like it would fit the character.

poo poo, now I'm like a full step behind. You added more poo poo you turd.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

To be honest, that's all my tank and healer gear. I wanted to be able to put up a whale unit for the trial, but I may shuffle some pieces after a day or so depending on how hard the Nier raid is.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

FeralWraith posted:

Done. Please enjoy trouncing Gilgamesh with my Fohlen.

Did some pruning and removed 3 goons who haven't played in over two weeks. That means, two slots available!

634,188,308 for anygoon else who wants in on an overpowered friend character.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I've only been around for one raid so far, the Mog King one for the Anniversary. Will Adam be as common as the 4* Moogle guys were during that event? The TMR isn't great, but having a half dozen 20% HPs laying around until I can grind better tank/support ones seems handy for a new player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rng is rng, so possibly? i only ended up with two or three minfillia tms even after she was in two ffxiv raids, although in the last one there were three total 4* to dilute the pool i suppose. even on the first ffxiv raid though i feel like i never pulled as many minfilia as i ever did the moogles from the mog king raid.

• Locked thread