Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Haier posted:

All this talk about NK bombing Guam, and people regurgitating the "China doesn't want a million refugees across their borders."

Like, China has enough men to just stand there and hold hands so nobody gets in. They also don't care to shoot them. What's the big deal? I don't see how this refugee thing is even an issue for China.

Millions of hungry, desperate people with paramilitary training and whatever weapons they grabbed from the stockpiles nobody's going to bother guarding if the government collapses? Yeah, might be a problem for China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

Millions of hungry, desperate people with paramilitary training and whatever weapons they grabbed from the stockpiles nobody's going to bother guarding if the government collapses? Yeah, might be a problem for China.

Roving bands of desperate North Koreans in open combat with the PLA? Please stop I can only get so hard.

Would be most crazy because it could very well show up the PLA as a paper tiger after all, if they just got wrecked by mobs.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
The PLA does mobs very well, there's literally no other job better suited for the PLA than ghoulish massacre of agitated civilians.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Ups_rail posted:

Are those real?

Everything else in this thread is.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
Yeah i've never actually seen one but they are confirm real. They also sometimes involve cigarettes and goldfish, according to first-hand witnesses.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Strippers shooting pingpong balls from their buttholes?

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
Wrong orifice, buddy

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Yeah,. But can they do the banana trick?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
The nanny seems to be working out and I'm officially out of the language school game.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

how are the north koreans getting across the yalu / tumen rivers

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Jeoh posted:

Like ants I assume.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

LimburgLimbo posted:

Roving bands of desperate North Koreans in open combat with the PLA? Please stop I can only get so hard.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The PLA does mobs very well, there's literally no other job better suited for the PLA than ghoulish massacre of agitated civilians.

don't stop!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jeoh posted:

The way people do it now is either swimming or wading across (usually the Tumen, it's shallower) or just waiting for winter and walking. Even the Yalu has stretches where it's a meter deep, though it's pretty fast.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Hedenius posted:

I think blurry cellphone footage of at 1420 kilometer long line of PLA soldiers gunning down millions of North Korean peasants would even give the CCP a bit of a headache.
"This is foreigner propaganda."

I just mean that sending a human wave of guys to block the border seems about right for China. It probably wouldn't take all those guys too long to construct some simple cyclone barbwire fences in key areas. Everybody acts like China never once thought about this situation ever.

A bunch of Koreans flooding into China are still a bunch of Koreans in China, and many of them would get deported eventually, again being fixed if they just threw a massive amount of people at the problem until it went away.

China is incompetent, but when we're talking bodies versus bodies, they have an advantage in that.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
While China machinegunning civilians at the border is rather unlikely (Given that that's what every other state actor probably expects them to do, and will survey accordingly), it'd be interesting to hear how they'd spin it if they did.

"That border country that you take crappy vacations in and probably lost a family member to when we tried to annex protect their sovereignty with was secretly an agent of the unnamed country!"

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Yeah if NK falls, I expect China to move south, not stand still, with its forces

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

The way people do it now is either swimming or wading across (usually the Tumen, it's shallower) or just waiting for winter and walking. Even the Yalu has stretches where it's a meter deep, though it's pretty fast.

how will they do it under machine gun fire (boiled water just nutted)

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Mods rename me 1950s Bareknuckle Chinese Brawler

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-remove-certain-chinese-certificates-windows-10-due-unacceptable-security-practices/

quote:

Microsoft today announced that they will remove WoSign and StartCom certificates in Windows 10. WoSign and StartCom are Chinese Certificate Authorities (CAs) issuing digital certificates. According to Microsoft, these CAs have failed to maintain the standards set by Microsoft. They have been following unacceptable security practices include back-dating SHA-1 certificates, mis-issuances of certificates, accidental certificate revocation, duplicate certificate serial numbers, and multiple CAB Forum Baseline Requirements (BR) violations.

As a result, Microsoft will deprecate WoSign and StartCom certificates by setting a “NotBefore” date of 26 September 2017. But the existing certificates will continue to function until they self-expire. After September 2017, Windows 10 will not trust any new certificates from these CAs.
Oops!

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Beat you to it:

Steakandchips posted:

https://m.slashdot.org/story/329747

Chinese chabudao HTTPS certificates no longer accepted, took long enough...

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
"I went to Scotland for a year during university swap thing, had three chinese students in my dormitory unit. They didn't shat in corridors, thankfully, but were very nonchalant about leaving kitchen dirty, never throwing out common garbage (that fell to me and Italian/German students), and worst of all, loved cooking on lots of oil in open wok. That not only screwed with ventilation, but left oily residue everywhere, especially on oven, which had to be replaced, twice. Oh, and left food on flame a few times and hosed off somewhere, cue black smoke filling kitchen and even fire alarm triggering once (responding team was not amused). One year later, when I left, their behaviour didn't changed one bit and I don't even know if the dormitory clerk even told them anything or gave up and tried to wait them out... "

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

My favorite part of Chinese abroad stories are the hand wringing, enormous pussies that comprise their European or American counterparts.

Why wouldn't you be an enormous oval office to them every waking moment you saw them? I would deride them to their faces for burning poo poo down practically. Like, no qualms about literally bullying them for being disgusting. It's a communal living area, respect that poo poo.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, dunno, we just left dirty dishes in people's beds if they didn't clean them, if they did it a second time they were left upside down in their beds.

Worked pretty well.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

LentThem posted:

"I went to Scotland for a year during university swap thing, had three chinese students in my dormitory unit. They didn't shat in corridors, thankfully, but were very nonchalant about leaving kitchen dirty, never throwing out common garbage (that fell to me and Italian/German students), and worst of all, loved cooking on lots of oil in open wok. That not only screwed with ventilation, but left oily residue everywhere, especially on oven, which had to be replaced, twice. Oh, and left food on flame a few times and hosed off somewhere, cue black smoke filling kitchen and even fire alarm triggering once (responding team was not amused). One year later, when I left, their behaviour didn't changed one bit and I don't even know if the dormitory clerk even told them anything or gave up and tried to wait them out... "

The solution after wrecking the first stove is to not put in a second one.

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

Yeah, dunno, we just left dirty dishes in people's beds if they didn't clean them, if they did it a second time they were left upside down in their beds.

Worked pretty well.

Kinda curious how face culture would respond to this now.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Mistle posted:

Kinda curious how face culture would respond to this now.

Lay on top of the dishes. Hard beds are good for healthy!

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
Chinese kids not going to last too long in Myanmar:

quote:

A man in Taninthayi Division’s Kyunsu Township has been arrested after he killed his three-year-old stepchild for defecating on the floor instead of using the toilet.

A police officer from the Kyunsu police station told 7Day that the child’s biological mother, Mee Nge Htwe, had married the culprit, Win Ko, approximately two months ago. The three lived together in a house in Shwe Pyae Aw village, located in Kyunsu.

Around 3pm on Monday, Mee Nge Htwe went to work, leaving the toddler and Win Ko at home. Later on in the day, Win Ko showed up at her workplace and told Mee Nge Htwe to come home.

When they arrived at the house, Mee Nge Htwe saw her son lying on the floor covered in feces. Win Ko confessed that his stepson had defecated on the floor instead of the toilet, and in a fit of anger, he kicked the kid in the chest four to five times. The child died in his mother’s arms.

Win Ko has been taken into custody, and is facing murder charges under Section 302 of the Penal Code.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

LentThem posted:

uhm excuse me, did you forget all cultures are equal? r u a racist or what? china has 5,000 years of history and culture, please show some respect..........

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

That stirs up some memories. When I was going to college I lived with a friend and we had one extra flatmate who changed each year. One year we got the filthiest guy of all time. This dude would leave rotten meat juice solidifying on his dinner plates for weeks, microwave covers were developing fibrous masses on them, protein shakes would dry in their containers and turn pink from mold. He'd put raw meat on the top shelf of the fridge and let it drip down on everything else. And of course he'd just keep using clean items until everything was filthy, never cleaning a thing.

Talking to him nicely didn't work, and shouting at him until he turned red didn't work, so our final solution was to remove all the plates and cutlery from the kitchen except for one of each item just for him. The rest we kept in our rooms.

This lead to some funny scenarios. First up, he still didn't clean his single solitary plate and fork so he wound up getting sick from eating undercooked pork off a plate covered in dried up rotten pig blood. He kept eating off that crusty loving thing for six months. It was so bad I actually took a picture of it.

He'd bring friends over sometimes and if we were away, there'd only be one glass on hand and it was filthy with rotten milk. So they'd all drink out of saucepans from the cupboard.

One time I noticed his protein shake bottle had pink mold growing in it so I washed it out and put bleach in it to sterilise it. I left the top off so it would be obvious and he'd wash it out. He didn't wash it out. He actually wound up drinking the bleach in his next shake. We didn't see this happen, but we were able to piece it together from the vomit trail left from the sink, over to the table, on the carpet, on the windowsill and finally out the window where we could see a large white pool two floors down. Nice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jeoh posted:

Lay on top of the dishes. Hard beds are good for healthy!

My MIL puts wood plnks ontop of the matress as otherwise the bed would be too soft and thus unhealthy.

Why she owns a matress eludes me.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I cannot fathom these people who are incapable of washing a plate and would rather eat off crusted blood and mold.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Like I get doing the dishes is a boring rear end chore but what the gently caress.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Grand Fromage posted:

I cannot fathom these people who are incapable of washing a plate and would rather eat off crusted blood and mold.

I swear this level of filthiness has to be depression/mental illness.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Baronjutter posted:

Please don't mock Chinese culture

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

It's the only thing that makes sense.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Grand Fromage posted:

that's where the flavor is

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I bet you people scrub the hotplate before you bbq. Uhg.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Glenn Quebec posted:

Please don't mock Chinese culture

It's pretty sad for a culture thats absolutely terrified and disgusted by the concept of mental illness they seem really over-represented. Probably because cultural factors shun getting treatment or even admitting it exists because that would shame your whole family. God I remember way back in high school this poor HK girl who was clearly struggling with something serious and eventually getting some basic counseling from the school and a recommendation to get her checked out bipolar or plain old depression. Her parents got wind of this and flipped the gently caress out, how dare you say there's mental illness in our family. The councilor was also the guy in charge of the special learning disability resource room so the parents also flipped out, how dare you, she has good grades now you're sending her to the room with retards. They got so upset they pulled her out and brought her home saying the school was trying to ruin her life by branding her as a retard and insulting her whole family line. Also from what she told me her dad was OCD and had all these little rituals he had to do every day repeatedly and if anything got in the way he'd blow up, and her mom had serious depression and self medicating with booze and pills :(

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Haier posted:

All this talk about NK bombing Guam, and people regurgitating the "China doesn't want a million refugees across their borders."

Like, China has enough men to just stand there and hold hands so nobody gets in. They also don't care to shoot them. What's the big deal? I don't see how this refugee thing is even an issue for China.

gently caress if nk gets nuked china will probably just roll in and take it over to maintain their precious buffer between themselves and the courty who shall not be named's troops stationed in sk

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Baronjutter posted:

Considering most well-off Chinese males have no experience doing anything for themselves at home from birth and through marriage until old age and then death, they would rather try to maintain status quo and get someone else to do it than learn to do it themselves.

My Korean friend of 12 years recently sent me a chat message asking what I was up to. I said hanging my wet laundry up. She said I was a housemaid, and I should come to Korea because girls would love a guy that knows how to cook and clean for himself. I passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

• Locked thread