Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

time to drop my seeso subscription then

until harmonquest comes back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

time to drop my seeso subscription then

until harmonquest comes back

Harmonquest is going to VRV too

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

flatluigi posted:

my opinion on the move to VRV is that it sounds pretty bittersweet

Seeso's just trying to make ends meet.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen
I guess awful squad sans babylonian is too much to hope for, huh? I wish we could just see the mcelroys do some squad mode streaming, I'd watch that in a heartbeat.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Any chance of whatever the hell VRV is giving them a second season?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

CronoGamer posted:

I guess awful squad sans babylonian is too much to hope for, huh? I wish we could just see the mcelroys do some squad mode streaming, I'd watch that in a heartbeat.

I haven't watched it so I don't know if it's any good or not, but here's a short stream of the bros playing PUBG together.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158316449

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Ariong posted:

I haven't watched it so I don't know if it's any good or not, but here's a short stream of the bros playing PUBG together.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/158316449

I didn't know they'd archived any of these sessions, sweet. Thank you.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Build-a-Boar posted:

Any chance of whatever the hell VRV is giving them a second season?

Probably pretty decent considering VRV bought the package specifically for Harmonquest/MBMBaM, all the auxiliary stuff was fire saled onto those two programs.

Also apparently SESO is going out of business probably.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
VRV is pretty decent if only because it lets you sub to both Crunchyroll and Funimation in one bundle

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

How's VRV with international publishing?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Harmonquest's new season was delayed till this sale, and now is gonna premiere on VRV. But other shows like Bajillion Dollar Properties and Take My Wife also had new seasons with no place to go. NBC made a real clusterfuck of this. Guess we'll see if VRV is interested in paying to produce new content.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should redo the animated scenes for Harmon quest in anime style.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
If you look in the Justin's best characters book there's only one name and that's me, Tit Liquid.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

This is arguably the last thing they should do.

Also, Seeso was bundled with a VRV subscription, so I'm not necessarily surprised that it'd pick up what Seeso couldn't hold on to. My only problem with VRV was that I got it specifically to watch Initial D using the Funimation library, but it was the one thing not listed on there. I'll try again of the renew MBMBaM.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I used to play games with Spencer a lot and he mentioned that the initial animation company (unknown name) was delivering a much better product but couldn't meet deadlines to save their life.

They had to move to a cheaper but faster company and work them double time to meet a newly delayed premiere date.

I suggested that it would be cool if every episode or season was done in a different style. He agreed but said Dan would never go for it :(

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Spencer the DM in that show? He seems really awesome

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is Spencer the DM in that show? He seems really awesome

he is and is

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Ask Spencer why they don't roll their own dice. And then tell him to take a shower.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's quicker if he does it and they have limited time. He is under stage lights is why he appears sweaty.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yeah everyone remember to cancel your Seesos before the 23rd when it auto-renews, assuming that site is still live by then because it's been going out of business for like a year now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Who What Now posted:

Ask Spencer why they don't roll their own dice. And then tell him to take a shower.

It's for the sake of alacrity.
No one really expects the cast to memorize their sheet. It's fine when not being filmed but there is an expectation of speed and story rhythm.

Spencer is a very cool dude but he and Dan are sometimes hyper sensitive to criticism and that has gotten in the way.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They could probably save time by only mugging for the camera every other sentence.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

CronoGamer posted:

That's not why it was postponed, most of the Polygon staff is in Portland for a meeting this week. No one pointed it out, but they would have all been stuck there together sans Griffin and a few others when the Nick news broke.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

change my name posted:

That's not why it was postponed, most of the Polygon staff is in Portland for a meeting this week. No one pointed it out, but they would have all been stuck there together sans Griffin and a few others when the Nick news broke.

Didn't Russ explicitly say at the end of last week's episode that Griffin would be point man for this week because of the Polygon retreat? I thought I remembered people celebrating that fact.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Griffin said he was going to try to scrounge up some players and do a squad stream or something, but he's got a lot of poo poo going on right now.

Most importantly editing the last TAZ episode and less importantly figuring out how to gracefully abandon three projects involving Nick

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I'm listening to old episodes of MBMBAM and just got to 219: Pizza Delivery Clone, and in the intro Travis makes a 100 Lives of Black Jack Savage reference, which Travis also mentioned in the latest episode. Both times Justin was shocked and amazed to hear Travis reference it. I had no idea what the gently caress they were talking about earlier this week, but Justin helpfully explains the pull in this episode. Isn't the universe strange??

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Ojjeorago posted:

If you look in the Justin's best characters book there's only one name and that's me, Tit Liquid.

Hi, I'm Buck "Fat Rig" Foss. I'm going to the Paul Bunyan diner to get me a stack of jumbo waffles!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I had assumed based on Justin's description that 100 Lives Of Black Jack Savage was like a cartoon but I just looked it up and wowsers how did this ever get the green light

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Today this morning I went on down to the Dollar General to get that all time best Justin character that I crave, but what did I find starin' back at me?

Braaaaand Ecchh.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DoombatINC posted:

Today this morning I went on down to the Dollar General to get that all time best Justin character that I crave, but what did I find starin' back at me?

Braaaaand Ecchh.

Can't see that red and orange sign without hearing "Hail Mary! What a friend we have in the Family Dollar."

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It's Rose Buddiez day. Judging by reviews of the finale, I really, really pity Griffin and Rachel.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Not quite the same thing, but my fave MBMBaM character might be the frail old man who you should know at the bank.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Roach Warehouse posted:

Not quite the same thing, but my fave MBMBaM character might be the frail old man who you should know at the bank.
Same.

His old fingers.

I do have a real soft spot for any Justin/Griffin character that is vaguely West Virginia Hill Person though. Get dat moley on dem chips. Witcher feeners.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It's Rose Buddiez day. Judging by reviews of the finale, I really, really pity Griffin and Rachel.

I watched live in a Rose Buddies discord and the finale was so bad it ended in a coup and now we all watch Terrace House every Monday.
It's gonna be a fun Rose Buddies

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Spaced God posted:

I watched live in a Rose Buddies discord and the finale was so bad it ended in a coup and now we all watch Terrace House every Monday.
It's gonna be a fun Rose Buddies

How many died in the struggle?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Roach Warehouse posted:

If I had even a glimmer of talent I'd make an animatic of that bit, with chibi versions of the boys standing on each other's shoulders in a long overcoat. All Griffin in a pair of Groucho glasses on top, all Justin and Travis poking their heads out of the jacket to crack wise, all toppling over mid way through but still trying to run the grift :allears:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

drat, I just realised that with Rose Buddies probably never covering the Bachelor again, all the projects with Nick being almost certainly dead in the water and the TAZ arc ending next week, the only ongoing Griffin content as we know it is MBMBaM itself. And I guess occasionally Monster Factory?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

drat, I just realised that with Rose Buddies probably never covering the Bachelor again, all the projects with Nick being almost certainly dead in the water and the TAZ arc ending next week, the only ongoing Griffin content as we know it is MBMBaM itself. And I guess occasionally Monster Factory?

I'm sure he'll start something new up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'd put money on another solo Polygon series soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd put money on another solo Polygon series soon.

I kind of hope he does a sequel to his Nuzlocke run, to be honest. Another Pokemon run of some type.