Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
I understand not putting kill cams in squads or duos (at least until your team is dead) but more information is always good to help when you're learning and sometimes your opponents make a good play and seeing it from their perspective is neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Anybody know if it is possible to assign crouch to two different buttons where one is toggle and the other is hold?

Btw, are ya'll rocking 103 FOV?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

chocoTaco posted:

Hmmm if I erase the VOD now it's just your word against mine.

Haha, you were having so much fun running around punching them.

Anyone have any ideas on things I can look at for my lag issue? Within 5 minutes of dropping I'll get a 10 second lag spike that often happens at the worst possible time right as I'm engaging someone or there's an enemy nearby. I have google fiber so I doubt it's the connection itself?

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

fknlo posted:

Haha, you were having so much fun running around punching them.

Anyone have any ideas on things I can look at for my lag issue? Within 5 minutes of dropping I'll get a 10 second lag spike that often happens at the worst possible time right as I'm engaging someone or there's an enemy nearby. I have google fiber so I doubt it's the connection itself?

Maybe decrease your view distance to low or medium? It sounds like your computer is struggling to load the textures for the distant objects. This is just a guess though.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Redundant posted:

I understand not putting kill cams in squads or duos (at least until your team is dead) but more information is always good to help when you're learning and sometimes your opponents make a good play and seeing it from their perspective is neat.
I mean hopefully once replays are a thing we can put all this to bed, but it's not like you need them to figure out that (for example) trees are not always the safest hiding spots.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I wish there were at least SOME after-action reports at the end of the game. I love seeing data like that, like "here's the trail you took to the end of the game, where your kills were, the ranges, what damage you took/dealt, distance traveled by foot/vehicle that round (your numbers, average all players, highest/lowest), which weapons scored the most kills that round..."

If I had my way you'd have 10 pages of data you could leaf through at your leisure, but I wish there was at least something.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I can see it now, instead of the current, lovely death screen, they could just ape battlefield 1 by continuing to pull the POV up after you bite it to quickly reveal an overhead of the island and as your stats start appearing, you see your path from beginning to end form in Indiana Jones / Carmen San Diego dotted line. You could toggle it showing other player's routes, to see first of all the engagements you had but also the times you walked within like 5 feet of someone but didn't notice.

I don't any of that will happen, though.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ACValiant posted:

Maybe decrease your view distance to low or medium? It sounds like your computer is struggling to load the textures for the distant objects. This is just a guess though.

I don't imagine it's this but I'll give it a shot. I'm running on a stock clock i5-4690k, GTX 1080, and 16GB of RAM. It freezes at first and then pops up with the network lag screen for the last second or two. I'd never had the issue until the latest update.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Redundant posted:

You should still be able to chat while dead, and a decent player will know where they were shot from, so they can at least call that out. And watching your dead body instead of spectating can give you the chance to call out when they loot your crate. lovely broke vengeance from beyond the grave, but it's no more broken than shooting people underwater v:v:v

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

fknlo posted:

I don't imagine it's this but I'll give it a shot. I'm running on a stock clock i5-4690k, GTX 1080, and 16GB of RAM. It freezes at first and then pops up with the network lag screen for the last second or two. I'd never had the issue until the latest update.

I very much doubt it's the view distance.

I googled a bit and came across this video which seems to display the symptoms you are describing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bebcp2jBZuM. I guess try to check your power settings? In addition to what he does in the video maybe also change power management mode option to "prefer maximum performance" in the nvidia control panel.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 9, 2017

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
So... odd thing happened with my performance issues, which were just with this game. Again 7700k, 970sli, 16gb 3200, intel 750 ssd, mobo is gigabyte z270m gaming. Of all things a BIOS update cleared it out.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
I'm surprised the game even runs with SLI

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Evilreaver posted:

I wish there were at least SOME after-action reports at the end of the game. I love seeing data like that, like "here's the trail you took to the end of the game, where your kills were, the ranges, what damage you took/dealt, distance traveled by foot/vehicle that round (your numbers, average all players, highest/lowest), which weapons scored the most kills that round..."

If I had my way you'd have 10 pages of data you could leaf through at your leisure, but I wish there was at least something.

This is an awesome idea and I hope they implement something like that. I'd love to see a visual representation of the path I took and fights I took part in.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I very much doubt it's the view distance.

I googled a bit and came across this video which seems to display the symptoms you are describing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bebcp2jBZuM. I guess try to check your power settings? In addition to what he does in the video maybe also change power management mode option to "prefer maximum performance" in the nvidia control panel.

Was able to get this done but it's leading me down some loving rabbit holes where I can't open settings from the start menu and also the fix path that I found for that by adding another administrator account doesn't work because I can't add new users :psyduck: . Not sure if I want to gently caress with all of that today or not.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I believe one of the dev posts said solo kill-cam was approved but a ways down the priority list. I think it would be cool, but as has been said I think it would mostly boil down to "oh, I guess I didn't have good cover". Dead people should be able to draw on the map and stuff and be like Rainbow-6 planning stage. I think that would be cool.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Lockback posted:

I believe one of the dev posts said solo kill-cam was approved but a ways down the priority list. I think it would be cool, but as has been said I think it would mostly boil down to "oh, I guess I didn't have good cover". Dead people should be able to draw on the map and stuff and be like Rainbow-6 planning stage. I think that would be cool.

Even if that's all it boils down to I still want to loving see it. Sometimes you'll learn about new hiding/camping/pussy-rear end-bitch-loving-scum spots too.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Soarer posted:

I'm surprised the game even runs with SLI

It doesn't see the second GPU. I had an extra 970 from an upgrade to a 1070 on another box so I went ahead and did SLI.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

HatfulOfHollow posted:

This is an awesome idea and I hope they implement something like that. I'd love to see a visual representation of the path I took and fights I took part in.

Its on their planned feature list. Full 3d and 2d map replays of the game once its finished. With a free cam to make highlight vids etc.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
If there's a worse feeling, I don't wanna know it.

I blame the guy I just killed 10 seconds beforehand ddosing me out of the game :colbert:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

At least you went out looking dapper?

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

If there's a worse feeling, I don't wanna know it.

I blame the guy I just killed 10 seconds beforehand ddosing me out of the game :colbert:

First Person Mode (Which means I'll fare better with more kills) -

FULLY kitted out SKS- Compensator, Grip, Extended, Cheekpad, 8X Optical Zoom, Level 3 Helmet, Ready to Roll. Sever never came back :( I've got a new-found love for the SKS and have actually been doing some great work with it. Never had a fully kitted SKS for the rest of the day.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I've never even seen the network lag pop up in 220+ hours of pubg. The game would time out in the very early stages of release before they even implemented the network lag detector. Then that poo poo happened right when I got a silenced ebr :(

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Penpal posted:

I can see it now, instead of the current, lovely death screen, they could just ape battlefield 1 by continuing to pull the POV up after you bite it to quickly reveal an overhead of the island and as your stats start appearing, you see your path from beginning to end form in Indiana Jones / Carmen San Diego dotted line. You could toggle it showing other player's routes, to see first of all the engagements you had but also the times you walked within like 5 feet of someone but didn't notice.

I don't any of that will happen, though.

God I want this so bad now.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I had back to back games network lag out yesterday in the morning and a few later in the afternoon. It didn't feel like a thing until the FPP patch. I've also noticed since FPP launched that the camera likes to occasionally zoom right into a rock while I'm crouched or in cover behind one. It's pretty annoying.

On a happier note, I got my first chicken dinner last night after over 50 loving hours and a number of top 5 finishes. A great weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Someone needs to make a pubg edit of Family Circus.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

They had 2D tracking for Arma 3 BR, you can see an example of it here.

https://leaderboard.battleroyalegames.com/match/3jnedm3elp

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Just small dotted lines ribboning around inside of school before being cut short. Then you hit the button to show all of the paths gathered at round end, and you can see all of the other sad, tiny lines of people who got merked looking for a pan or something.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

RizieN posted:

Even if that's all it boils down to I still want to loving see it. Sometimes you'll learn about new hiding/camping/pussy-rear end-bitch-loving-scum spots too.

Yeah, the other day I lucked into supremely nice position in a circle and got a one hit kill with a Kar98 on some guy in the top ten. That's punching well above my pay grade and I want the dude to see that he wasn't taken out by some crafty sniper a mile away, but by a Lucky duck who stumbled down the hill after him chasing blue circles.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mashed_penguin posted:

Its on their planned feature list. Full 3d and 2d map replays of the game once its finished. With a free cam to make highlight vids etc.

gently caress yes. I want a 2D map replay so, so bad. I'm imagining something like the AARs from Ace Combat, but flat.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

odiv posted:

Someone needs to make a pubg edit of Family Circus.

"Oh hey I found a level 1 vest. And here's a crowbar. Do you still need a pistol I found a pistol. Whoops just missed the mailman"

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Tried out FPP for the first time. Tried a duo and the guy dropped before we jumped from the plane so it was a great start. Hit the prison and actually managed to clear it by myself getting 4 kills. Drove around in a buggy for a bit which is crazy disorienting when you flip it. Grabbed another and drove around a bit until I flew off a cliff. Thought I had landed sideways so went to get out and was still in the air so died from falling damage. Good times!

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Got caught in a crossfire as soon as I got into the circle. Getting hosed at by guys 200m away with suppressed ARs and I only managed to scare up a UMP at power plant. Buttpan gets dinged 5 times as I spin around helplessly. God bless buttpan

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I thought full, spectate anyone replays were still planned as a feature?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

fknlo posted:

Was able to get this done but it's leading me down some loving rabbit holes where I can't open settings from the start menu and also the fix path that I found for that by adding another administrator account doesn't work because I can't add new users :psyduck: . Not sure if I want to gently caress with all of that today or not.

Wait what? How the hell would power settings have an impact like that?

Anyone else know what his windows is doing?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

I decided I didn't want to gently caress with it today. In hopefully good news after changing the power setting I didn't get the lockup/lag in the one solo match I played before my motorcycle killed me.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

If you run into problems with games/audio run this, it will actually advise you when it's a power/whatever issue and tell you to update your bios or tweak things. This actually fixed this game for me, even though I had no problems until I started playing this game and then even Windows went to loving poo poo.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I really wish they would add in an indicator of where the first circle is going to be when you're on the plane still. This game is kind of starting to get stale because my only options seem to be either dropping in Pochinki/School or rolling the dice on whether or not I'm going to spend the rest of the game running to catch up to the circle while never having anything but a shotgun and a level one vest. Sometimes if I'm too far from the circle and I can't find a car fast enough to stop this from happening I'll just quit the game right then because it's not fun to be holding Shift+W for 15 minutes straight, stopping only to heal my rapidly deteriorating health.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Danyull posted:

I really wish they would add in an indicator of where the first circle is going to be when you're on the plane still. This game is kind of starting to get stale because my only options seem to be either dropping in Pochinki/School or rolling the dice on whether or not I'm going to spend the rest of the game running to catch up to the circle while never having anything but a shotgun and a level one vest. Sometimes if I'm too far from the circle and I can't find a car fast enough to stop this from happening I'll just quit the game right then because it's not fun to be holding Shift+W for 15 minutes straight, stopping only to heal my rapidly deteriorating health.

You can turn on auto run by using the +/= key I believe. So you don't need to hold anything to run.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Danyull posted:

git gud

Seriously though, check out the map that shows possible spawn locations. There are plenty of places on the outskirts that are safe to drop into and have nearby vehicle spawns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Danyull posted:

That first circle is pretty drat big. Can't imagine running for that long, especially without finding transportation along the way somewhere.

• Locked thread