Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Welp. I whaled, and now I've got a T2 Spider Man 2099. Could've been worse, could've gone with Lash. :P

Is Drax good for anything these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I do like the idea of the new daily challenges, I just think WB Ultimate shouldn't be a part of it.

It would also be smart to be intelligent about it and only have some challenges show for higher leveled users.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Dave posted:

I do like the idea of the new daily challenges, I just think WB Ultimate shouldn't be a part of it.

It would also be smart to be intelligent about it and only have some challenges show for higher leveled users.

Yeah, I reckon probably only the top 0.5% of all players can even beat stage 1 of Supergiant WBU and who the heck knows how hard Thanos WBU will be

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
So who's better, titania or absorbing man? Whales have to have gotten consensus by now.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Datasmurf posted:

Welp. I whaled, and now I've got a T2 Spider Man 2099. Could've been worse, could've gone with Lash. :P

Is Drax good for anything these days?

Drax is good for having someone to throw out as "Worst Character in the Game" when you're tired of everyone saying it's Lash.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Titania looks better, but I have no idea. I'm still leveling them to 60 (Titania 58 and Abs Man 51).

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Network42 posted:

So who's better, titania or absorbing man? Whales have to have gotten consensus by now.

I'm hearing that titty ana is better because all of her skills are iframes

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

fart simpson posted:

I'm hearing that titty ana is better because all of her skills are iframes

And her leadership is great.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Weird, they added a $2 special bundle. I also hadn't caught one of these "relay bundles" before, that's kinda gross - 5 packages that increase in price and you have to buy in order? No thanks.

The $2 bundle is 220 crystals, a x20 selector, and 2 4* Custom Gear chests. That seems... not worth it.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

these new daily challenges really suck as a new player

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

FYI if you see more than 5 daily challenges available restart your game, the ones from yesterday aren't clearing out and they don't update if you clear them.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fought a t2 spiderman 2099 in tl

wolverine killed him

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Are the Weekly Missions gone? I can't seem to find them.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

STAC Goat posted:

Are the Weekly Missions gone? I can't seem to find them.

My understanding is they got wrapped into that weekly circle thing that tracks how many dailies you do.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I don't wanna poo poo on Netmarbu too much because we've had mediocre/bad patches before and they've been receptive to people's complaints, but I'm starting to get annoyed with the game. Anything that I can't automate is becoming a hassle, the constant pop-ups for packages I'm not going to buy are obtrusive, and I was enjoying the three weeks where SL wasn't several hours of anxiety and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

The other issue is that we're starting to get close to the end of the game's natural lifespan. The whales here might not want to hear it, but mobile games are designed to last the lifespan of a phone before something newer/flashier comes along to hook a new batch of big fish. Considering we're scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to non-film characters and there's only so many not trash mutants to add, I'm thinking that we've got six months to a year before the game gets wrapped up. I'm imagining that any new game would be out by Infinity War and someone is supposed to be working on a game like this, so who knows. I may get to the point where I peace out until my boy :itjb: gets released and come back then, who knows.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I mean, there's that DC one that just got announced the other day, so while that's not Netmarble, that could be the next logical jumping off point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think my phone has enough room for a second game, drat it.

I don't really like these changes but I'm not predicting the end over it.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
As a new player, the biggest thing I noticed was just the sheer amount of different systems to learn that really feel like they were introduced over time. People who got introduced to them one after the other probably know which ones they should do and which ones they shouldn't, but gently caress if I'm able to figure out at first glance whether Villian Siege or World Boss or Gigantic Fuckstorm Fights is what I'm supposed to be doing next when they're all next to each other. A new game could condense that poo poo down.

Granted, I'm not wishing for or predicting the end either - there are plenty of these games that are far older than FF. But if you told me tomorrow there was a sequel to this, I might wait for it rather than getting myself into the grind full-throttle.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

I don't wanna poo poo on Netmarbu too much because we've had mediocre/bad patches before and they've been receptive to people's complaints, but I'm starting to get annoyed with the game. Anything that I can't automate is becoming a hassle, the constant pop-ups for packages I'm not going to buy are obtrusive, and I was enjoying the three weeks where SL wasn't several hours of anxiety and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

So your ideal patch would have been something that was completely automated and wasn't a challenge? What are you actually getting out of the game then? Just trying to play devil's advocate.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its safe to say that a lot of mobile games are marketed to people who just want a quick, brainless time killer they can pay in little spurts through the day. And they tend to have a short shelf life because eventually you burn out on that and get bored and move onto something else. That's how Koop seems to see this one.

This one seems to be a little bit of a hybrid in that its definitely got that quick, brainless time kill aspect and you can automate a lot if you want to (and I often do). But there's also a lot of game modes that you can't automate and that actually pose a real challenge like a more traditional console game.

The super heroes got me interested but the thing that's kept me playing is that aspect of the continuing challenges. So I don't know if there are comparable mobile games or what this thing's shelf life is, but I haven't burned out yet.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My main concern in this patch is that sending assemble points is no longer tied into the daily 25 crystals so very soon no one will send points ever.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

My main concern in this patch is that sending assemble points is no longer tied into the daily 25 crystals so very soon no one will send points ever.

Not empty quoting.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I think I see what they were doing with the daily challenges to make it more of a challenge and interactive instead of the automatic routine that it was. And I appreciate that in principle.

But yeah, there's a lot of little things that could be bad.

The lost guarantee of 25 daily diamonds a day may actually be not a big deal if you're getting an extra 30 for every 30 challenges you complete. That might not come every 5 days but it means even if you only get 3 or 4 in a day you can still add up to get the 30 after a week or so. I don't know the math on that.

I don't know, I'm trying to look at this without a black cloud.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Worst part of patch is swapping the Start and Create Private buttons in coop.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

the goddamn popups to buy some stupid package are really making me angry

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Largepotato posted:

Worst part of patch is swapping the Start and Create Private buttons in coop.

Also not empty quoting.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The Dave posted:

So your ideal patch would have been something that was completely automated and wasn't a challenge? What are you actually getting out of the game then? Just trying to play devil's advocate.

My ideal patch would have Juggernaut in it, tbqh. He's who I'm holding on for and the barrier between me breaking my F2P-only vow and giving Netmarbu my money.

But I'm not the player they're really making decisions for. As I've said I don't spend money on the game, I've been playing since nearly day 1 so I've got just about everything that isn't paywalled, to do everything takes nearly the entire three hours of hottime at night since I'm not always in a position to do anything during the day, by nature the game is extremely grindy and had it not been for automation I'd have tapped out a long time ago. I enjoy Shadowlands and had finally gotten to the point where I could clear it comfortably; these changes are probably welcomed by those who have been crushing it for a while but to me it's a "just when you got the answers I change the questions" kind of move. WBU is the only bridge too far for me right now and I'm not sure the amount of effort required to clear that is worth the reward.

The other thing is I'm in one of our heavy periods at work and anything that requires expending energy on non-work related matters doesn't sound appealing. Maybe once it passes I'll feel more up to running alliance battles and the World Bosses that require more than two brain cells. And like I said, once Juggernaut comes out I'm all-in unless he ends up being complete trash.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So am I right in my thinking that the Event Tokens are probably better spent on Hidden Tickets than bios for Absorbing Man and Titania? We can just throw bio selectors at them right? And there doesn't seem to be anything linked to leveling them up like the mutants.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I thought the same thing then noticed you can only buy the hidden tickets once. :shrug:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh. Well, nevermind then.

Maybe its a daily reset? I guess I'll buy them today and see what happens tomorrow.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I just used them all on Abs Man. No need for hidden tickets at the moment anyway.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't "need" them since I have Dormmamu but there's still all those quest prizes so they're of some value.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Oh, I meant that I've completed all the quest packs.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I've got some dumb questions. I'll get around to studying the OP soon and I'm slowly learning my way around this game. I started a few days ago, got a barrage of gifts and rewards already. I'm currently doing the hero's journey, currently 2-8 or so in the storyline with a 4 red star 40ish Sharon Rodgers, a 6 gold star level 49 Hel (because why not), plus a handful of 1-2 star lowbies I throw in every now and then. This game is throwing a ton of free heroes at me, including when I accidentally lost a mission by taking Sharon and 2 level 10s into a level 30 special mission, didn't notice she was actually taking damage until too late, and had my level 10s get the boss down to 67 hp before they both died (stupid chain stunning Venom).

Anyway I apparently got a bunch of event tokens earlier this week but I can't find where to spend them. It said Event Token in the claim log but I could only see Order or Chaos token costed items in the store, and I think maybe I missed my chance to spend whatever I had with the downtime last night?

And is there anything I can be doing that I'll regret not doing later, like daily and special missions? I only do them so far when the hero's journey asks me to. I'm in no hurry and am just casually playing through the story while playing a million other games, but if there's some no brainer 30 second thing I should be doing, please let me know. I did finally get the $3.xx stark stash thing. I get my free daily chest pull and login rewards. A lot of the stuff on the daily/weekly board seems to be gated by getting farther in the storyline.

Also when they gonna add Colossus? He's my only cosmic in marvel heroes, and my young niece and nephew reaffirmed his supremacy by fighting over him in the xbox live arcade game last week. They liked his shout and that it hits all around him whereas everyone else needed to aim with the Y axis like peasants so hopefully they keep that yell for this game too.

Off to skim the OP some more.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Well, they fixed whatever was going on with SG in WBI, so clones actually do damage! So now I go from getting her knocked down by 10% with my Floki to knocking her down by 90%! :negative:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Event Token Shop is available in the Event Tokens section. On the bottom right.

I'd definitely say do Dailys and Specials every day. It used to be a real necessity for the Daily Challenges but now those have kind of changed. At least do the Daily Challenges that you can. Daily can get good resources and Special has unique bios and resources. You won't notice the need for that stuff for awhile, but eventually you will. So just do it as you expand your game more. Eventually you get stuck in Story Missions and Hero's Journey and you start branching out to the other modes. That's how it worked with me.

They only added mutants a few months ago after them being left out for a long time because of legal stuff. Colossus is definitely a likely addition for the next batch or when they get around to a Deadpool patch.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

They only added mutants a few months ago after them being left out for a long time because of legal stuff. Colossus is definitely a likely addition for the next batch or when they get around to a Deadpool patch.

And again, if this isn't Colossus' 6* move then this game can gently caress off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLpovcDujw

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

This is stupid but I wanna say that I appreciate how Titania is actually a large lady. It's probably just the same model scaled up a little bit but basically all the women in this game are exactly the same size except for her. In summary,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT13ijUfSts

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Isn't she almost the same size as she hulk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

after extensive testing I have found that Titania, She-Hulk, Prox and SuGi are all right around the same size. The latter two are a bit spindlier though.