Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They could not have picked a set of minis I'd be less inclined to like and share on Facebook if they'd tried.

So far I think I'm in for the skeletal monsters, wraiths, maybe the trolls, and when they become available separately I'd possibly buy in on the townsfolk, alligator/pig/crab, maybe the apes. Oh and the pig pumpkin cart. And even though it's not shown yet, baba yaga of course.

It's starting to add up :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Leperflesh posted:

They could not have picked a set of minis I'd be less inclined to like and share on Facebook if they'd tried.

So far I think I'm in for the skeletal monsters, wraiths, maybe the trolls, and when they become available separately I'd possibly buy in on the townsfolk, alligator/pig/crab, maybe the apes. Oh and the pig pumpkin cart. And even though it's not shown yet, baba yaga of course.

It's starting to add up :negative:

The good news is the first one had several hundred shares so I don't really feel inclined to play their stupid free marketing game.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

That pig pumpkin cart had better be available on its own, I desperately need it to go with the Dwarf & Pig from the last one.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Making a KoW ogre army out of those apes sounds pretty fun, limited scuplts though - could get some of their older sci-fi apes for the shooters? Monkeys for goblins if anyone makes those? No, no I don't need a new project.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Giant Isopod posted:

I am disappointed by the lack of mouse people in this one.

The odds of them not having more mouslings in this are close to zil. They're probably waiting until they need another boost to keep momentum going.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Ashcans posted:

That pig pumpkin cart had better be available on its own, I desperately need it to go with the Dwarf & Pig from the last one.

Everything in the core except for the bonus 24 gobs will be available for purchase on its own. They just don't split them out until later in the campaign. You can buy nothing but pigcarts if you want.

Also, I think they said the pig and cart are two pieces, so you can hook up whatever you want to the cart.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

JackMann posted:

The odds of them not having more mouslings in this are close to zil. They're probably waiting until they need another boost to keep momentum going.

If they don't have mouselings I will be shocked. They are so drat cute.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
My "problem" with things like the mouselings is not that they exist, but that beyond a certain point making new versions of them just to keep the gimmick rolling comes with an opportunity cost of not making other, less-one-note stuff. But that's really going to be the case with any sort of overexposed mini category whatsoever. Like Reaper Dragon #461: Now In A Slightly Different Pose.

They should branch out into other cute things (which they sort of already have been doing with that dragon whelp series). I would be tickled pink if they were to literally or figuratively remake the entire Critter Kingdoms line in Bones plastic.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Gotta admit, I really want that gryphon. Their old gryphon sculpt wasn't half bad, but this one is a lot more dynamic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Giant Isopod posted:

I am disappointed by the lack of mouse marines in this one.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I guess I am that one guy that doesn't care at all for the Mouslings, but I am fine with them being in things as it keeps the bucks rolling. I suppose they do take the space of other stuff, but these things end up with so much stuff in them it's hard to feel like it was a big sacrifice.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I like it when the novelty stuff like mouselings and Rocky are add-ons. The chibi adventurers I'll probably dump on ebay.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Since I've justified buying more poo poo shifted my Bones focus by thinking of these as things my kids will play with, I say bring on the cute little poo poo and the normal Bones stuff. And Baba Yaga for Christsakes.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Peas and Rice posted:

And Baba Yaga for Christsakes.

That thing needs to show up soon or else I'll have to start making decisions on what needs to be cut.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Cat Face Joe posted:

That thing needs to show up soon or else I'll have to start making decisions on what needs to be cut.

I may actually end up buying 2 of them.

Somewhat related, I bought a Baba Yaga hut for like $200 from some fly by night minis company (Eastern Front maybe?) This was four years ago in October, and I still haven't received it. It's a better sculpt than the Reaper one, but it would be fantastic if the Reaper one shows up first.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Peas and Rice posted:

I may actually end up buying 2 of them.

Somewhat related, I bought a Baba Yaga hut for like $200 from some fly by night minis company (Eastern Front maybe?) This was four years ago in October, and I still haven't received it. It's a better sculpt than the Reaper one, but it would be fantastic if the Reaper one shows up first.

Is somebody going to tell him, or do I have to?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Cat Face Joe posted:

I think it might be towards the end, honestly. They like to have a few big things to drum up interest in the last few days.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is somebody going to tell him, or do I have to?

If it weren't for the creator posting updates with pictures, and replying to emails, I'd have actually written it off completely. I'm still holding out a shred of hope.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Reciprocal tittays!

Also, can't wait for the tips to straighten out don't with warm water ;)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

djfooboo posted:

Reciprocal tittays!

Also, can't wait for the tips to straighten out don't with warm water ;)

I've liked that Reaper has seen the limits of bones and many of the models in this release are a bit chunkier. Those spears are fine candidates for replacement with rods or dowels. (Though I'm probably taking a pass on those models).

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Sorely disappointed that Reaper has eschewed mythological accuracy in order to give these Amazons two breasts. :colbert: No thank you, sir!

The female heroes are not bad though.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ashcans posted:

Sorely disappointed that Reaper has eschewed mythological accuracy in order to give these Amazons two breasts. :colbert: No thank you, sir!

The female heroes are not bad though.

I feel kind of gross typing this, but you can "fix" them with a hobby knife fairly easily.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb6Oxe65NsA

Oh hey, more boobs.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

djfooboo posted:

If they don't have mouselings I will be shocked. They are so drat cute.

They have just released some new metal sculpts for the mouslings in their metals line, so it's possible those might be the ones that show up later.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

The tree is kind of blobby. Hopefully the pictures will show it off better.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

I would just like to say that I have no interest in spamming Facebook for these guys.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I don't think there is anything that I would share on my facebook for, but definitely not these dudes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I used to play drums for Maggotcrown Bonesack.

http://i.imgur.com/uMTJ2rz.jpg?1 :nws:

christ that thing is gruesome though. Hell of a monster, bravo.

edit: :nws:'d just in case.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 12, 2017

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Glad they added the second expansion, although I am not sure its what I want. I would be pretty happy with everything in it, but it averages out about the same as Chronoscope (which is half 'gently caress yea' and half 'eh'). I guess I'll see what else lands in the new expansion.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The cyber-dinos are a great touch and I hope they add more

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Ashcans posted:

Glad they added the second expansion, although I am not sure its what I want. I would be pretty happy with everything in it, but it averages out about the same as Chronoscope (which is half 'gently caress yea' and half 'eh'). I guess I'll see what else lands in the new expansion.

If it's like previous ks's it's expansion 2 of 3.

I usually back one expansion, just waiting to see which one it is. Definitely not the chronoscope one...

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

We'll see what the third one is then I guess. If its not dazzling I am sure that I can sink all my cash into addons easily enough.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Looking forward to finding out what the dark fantasy equivalent to traffic cones is.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I am pretty sure its those bundles of wheat tied together.

Ashcans fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 14, 2017

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Ashcans posted:

I am pretty sure its those bundles of wheat tied together.

A wheat sheaf.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

What if, instead of a barrel of fish, you get five barrels of fish?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

18 Days to go. TRENDING TOWARD $2,822,730 according to Kicktraq.

(Bones 3 managed $2,730,365)

I am curious to see more stuff unlocked.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'm more curious to see whether they'll actually finish fulfilment on Bones 3 before Bones 4 finishes.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
So here's a thing that popped up on Reaper's Facebook page. I'm torn. On the one hand, make your beliefs known with your wallet. On the other, I really like Bones.

http://imgur.com/a/LjxGH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Welp, pledge cancelled.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Locked thread