Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

corn on the cop posted:

i love preseason superstar chat

He had six catches in the Super Bowl. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He had six catches in the Super Bowl. :shrug:

the falcons defense doesn't count

i was talking about ASJ

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Omg NO not Brent grimes!

Tampa might put a good CB out there in his place! Crap!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

corn on the cop posted:

the falcons defense doesn't count

:thunk:

Also, Grimes is (was) very good Crazy, not sure why you are hating on him.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
it's because of his wife

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Miko Grimes is a treasure.

The most popular coverage of sports is shitheads spouting off whatever dumb opinions they have as forcefully as possible and she does it better for her husband.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

Omg NO not Brent grimes!

Tampa might put a good CB out there in his place! Crap!

Dolphins have a really strange hatred for Grimes. It's cool, we'll take him, he's very good. Can't wait for him to pick 6 Tannehill Cutler in week one.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

wandler20 posted:

Dolphins have a really strange hatred for Grimes. It's cool, we'll take him, he's very good. Can't wait for him to pick 6 Tannehill Cutler in week one.

Better hope he doesn't miss Week 1 first.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grimes was great for a bit for us and I loved him, but his last year wasn't great and it looked like he was toast.

Miko is a really reprehensible person that comes as a package deal with Brent. Like the trolling is fine I guess, but her antisemitic and homophobic stuff is where she totally lost me.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

"its like tannehill enjaculates and drops a drop of jizz in yall mouth like a mother feeding her baby birds in her nest"

Miko is a top tier Tweeter.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

:thunk:

Also, Grimes is (was) very good Crazy, not sure why you are hating on him.

He played in Miami for quite a few years. He's not very good now. He was downright awful his final year in Miami and his wife is a psychotic rear end in a top hat towards my favorite team and is openly homophobic to people so I mean

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

Really strange lol are you serious?

And hes still pretty bad man raise your standards for starters. He had a bit of a rebound year but you'll see. He burns bridges literally everywhere

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 9, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Amy Pole Her posted:

He played in Miami for quite a few years. He's not very good now. He was downright awful his final year in Miami and his wife is a psychotic rear end in a top hat towards my favorite team and is openly homophobic to people so I mean

Just looked it up, wow he is 34. I didn't realize he is that old. Wife BS aside since I was more talking about Brent on the field I admittedly haven't followed him much lately but he was pretty great.

Ok then, asked and answered!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Just looked it up, wow he is 34. I didn't realize he is that old. Wife BS aside since I was more talking about Brent on the field I admittedly haven't followed him much lately but he was pretty great.

Ok then, asked and answered!

He was fantastic in Miami for 3 years then fell off a cliff and gave up huge play after huge play.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pubic works project posted:

I'm sorry bro. If it makes you feel better, I'm laughing at my own dumb team too. I have a feeling Luck is going to miss time.

The Colts don't deserve nice things, anyway.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Regardless of how good is he now, grimes is always one of if not the most athletic guy on the field.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Regardless of how good is he now, grimes is always one of if not the most athletic guy on the field.

Absolutely. His highlight reel is impressive and he does awesome poo poo like this:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Randaconda posted:

The Colts don't deserve nice things, anyway.

:doom:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

He was universally rated as the most athletic player on Miami

That Detroit interception holy god I miss prime grimes

Edit https://youtu.be/HW0fKEmWZqc

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Absolutely. His highlight reel is impressive and he does awesome poo poo like this:

This is the kind of interception that makes you quit the madden game your playing.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

didn't miko grimes get arrested for headbutting a cop recently

or maybe she just got arrested

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reminds me of the time I made a CB with 99 everything in Madden 05

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mulaney Power Move posted:

didn't miko grimes get arrested for headbutting a cop recently

or maybe she just got arrested

Not recently but she was arrested outside the stadium. She refused to show id at a checkpoint and when she was grabbed by an officer, she called him a human being and ran off lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

She has a nice platform surrounding twitter tbh, she gets my vote

https://twitter.com/iHeartMiko/status/895056567703404544

Nov 6, 2002

She knows how to build a brand. She should probably be managing the social media for Nike or Google.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is my favorite.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/895364409610186753
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/895364476794527744

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

can't rack the hack

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Does that mean Rontez Miles is the name of a Jets cornerback playing with the first team?

Nov 6, 2002

Maybe Hackenberg, like the rest of America, doesn't recognize any of the Jets receivers.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maybe Hackenberg, like the rest of America, doesn't recognize any of the Jets.

Nov 6, 2002

Truth. For all I know Rontez Miles is their starting WR.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Truth. For all I know Rontez Miles is their starting WR.

Maybe a particular slender and speedy DL? :iiam:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Google tells me Rontez Miles played college ball at "California University of Pennsylvania". Which, just like Rontez Miles himself, I was completely unaware of before today and kind of sounds made up.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Docjowles posted:

Google tells me Rontez Miles played college ball at "California University of Pennsylvania". Which, just like Rontez Miles himself, I was completely unaware of before today and kind of sounds made up.

My exact reaction earlier today when I discovered "Deep Springs College"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/895378795011690497

It looks like 1st team today was in prep for Saturday's game so not true starters. Not like you can tell anyways.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What's the record for most interceptions in a season? Because Hack is going to break it

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Eli Wiggum posted:

What's the record for most interceptions in a season? Because Hack is going to break it

They'll bench him just before he breaks the bad record, Jeff Fisher style

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dexter McDougle ok now they are DEFINITELY just making up names

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Docjowles posted:

Dexter McDougle ok now they are DEFINITELY just making up names

I'm pretty sure he was either a 3rd or 4th round pick a couple years ago, he's poo poo + always injured.

First google result is an article titled "Why is Dexter McDougle still here?" :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eli Wiggum posted:

42 by George Blanda in 1962.
Modern era is 35 by Testaverde in '88
29 by Favre in 2005 for recent history
and 27 by Eli in 2013 for the last decade.

If the Jets ran Hack out there all season like he was rookie Peyton Manning, he'd probably crack 25 guaranteed and most likely 30 no problem.

• Locked thread