Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I personally blame jews for every problem in the world and also blood libel. I also believe that stabbing a picture is worse than stabbing a jew, as I've stated many times before in this thread.

Then again, my hatred of jews as such doesn't matter that much, since this is a thread about the nation of Israel, which I love since theyr winners and also really hot military cvicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lady Morgaga posted:

Seriously? Finally clearcut example? This thread is, and always was, full of lazily barely hidden antisemitism. From various blood libels to blaming [c]Jews[/c] Israel for every problem in the world. This is thread that thinks that stabbing in image of Arab to be much worse then stabbing living Jew.

I'm pretty sure that like half of this thread's regular posters are Jewish and/or Israeli.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Ytlaya posted:

I'm pretty sure that like half of this thread's regular posters are Jewish and/or Israeli.

Autoantisemitism. No Jew could possibly have legitimate issues with Zionism or the State of BibiIsrael

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I am of Jewish heritage and I'd like to put forward the mega controversial proposal that settler-colonialism is bad but being Jewish is fine, especially if you are not doing that

thankx

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ytlaya posted:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Lady Morgaga posted:

Seriously? Finally clearcut example? This thread is, and always was, full of lazily barely hidden antisemitism. From various blood libels to blaming [c]Jews[/c] Israel for every problem in the world. This is thread that thinks that stabbing in image of Arab to be much worse then stabbing living Jew.

Please point to one such example of blood libel in this thread

It was probably that literal Nazi German Gaussian if it was anyone

The only time I can even think people talked about poisoning wells is when Israeli settlers literally poisoned a Palestinian well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o2aGCdDiFY

like in real life; recently

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

420 Gank Mid posted:

The only time I can even think people talked about poisoning wells is when Israeli settlers literally poisoned a Palestinian well

"Israel sterilizes Ethiopian Jews" for example. A single story from same paper that published "IDF soldiers are so racist they dont even rape palestinian women" story treated like gospel in this thread. One could expect at least some kind of litigation or something if this was true. After all it affected tens thousands of people. Lawyers would give their left testicle and work pro bono on case of that magnitude but no, no litigation, no follow ups to that story with interviews with affected,some kind of actual journalistic investigation maybe to expose people involved but no, nothing. Of course it might be that it was a lie and Ethiopian Jews birth rate fell over period of decades on account of moving from third world country to first world one. And Ethiopian women are not chattel and would over period of twenty years take interest of what they being injected with. No no cant be. White Jews, sorry Israel are so racist and evil that they airlifted those people from midst of civil war to slowly and ineffectually kill them.

Thanks for story from Iranian state television though. Bastion of journalistic integrity. And example of blood libel in this thread.

Lady Morgaga fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 8, 2017

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

420 Gank Mid posted:

A couple of Jews wanted to poison the water supply in Germany after WW2 and kill 6 million Germans as revenge, but only managed to get a bunch of SS guys sick.

Also the phenomenon of antisemitic Jews is them wanting to assimilate within their communities. They want to paint themselves as the "good Jews" who don't exhibit any of the negative Jewish stereotypes in the hopes that they won't be persecuted.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

qkkl posted:

Also the phenomenon of antisemitic Jews is them wanting to assimilate within their communities. They want to paint themselves as the "good Jews" who don't exhibit any of the negative Jewish stereotypes in the hopes that they won't be persecuted.

So any Jewish person that doesnt support genocide is an uncle tom now?

Just like the "real" muslims are the ones who fly planes into towers and the rest are either deep cover Taqiyya agents or 'fake' muslims

No wonder you see antisemitism everywhere you go, its yours.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Lady Morgaga posted:

Sorry, opposing the Occupation and Israel's ongoing policy of Apartheid is not anti-Semitic, no matter how many times you claim it is or whatever straw men you create.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Cugel the Clever posted:

Sorry, opposing the Occupation and Israel's ongoing policy of Apartheid is not anti-Semitic, no matter how many times you claim it is or whatever straw men you create.

Maybe. Although antisemites tend to jump on "opposing the Occupation and Israel's ongoing policy of Apartheid " bandwagon very readily. And when you stand shoulder to shoulder with them it will rub off on to you.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Sorry, opposing genocide is a bandwagon, now? Also, please tell me more about how members of social groups need to police themselves or accept being branded for what their worst members believe. :allears:

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
I am so confused on who is arguing ironically now.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I see everyone arguing that this is the worst loving thread on the forum, and I have to say, the arguments are convincing.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Lady Morgaga posted:

Maybe. Although antisemites tend to jump on "opposing the Occupation and Israel's ongoing policy of Apartheid " bandwagon very readily. And when you stand shoulder to shoulder with them it will rub off on to you.

What is this moronic argument Jesus Christ

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Lady Morgaga posted:

You could literally swap out your posts with those from any random Free Republic poster and no one would know

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

2) it's a matter of historical fact that the zionists ACTIVELY targeted Arab Jews and destabilized their lives in their home countries very similarly to the way ISIS does to European and American muslims to make their case.you would really have to be an ahistorical bozo to not know about this.

The evidence is really sketchy and gray here at best, and this is analogous to the argument that surrounding Arab states encouraged Palestinians to leave in 1948 so they're responsible for them. Even if there were isolated incidents (which can't be verified at anywhere near an acceptable level), no one forced those states at gunpoint to commit ethnic cleansing. And the idea that Mizrahim could ever go back, or would ever want to give up a western lifestyle to live in Baghdad or Aleppo, is an insane fantasy on both sides.

And FYI "Arab Jews" is considered problematic by most Mizrahim, nevermind Copts, Maronites, Assyrians, and all other minorities who don't consider themselves to be Saudi Bedouin. They see Arab regimes, if not Arab people overall, as their oppressors. That's why Israeli Mizrahim overwhelmingly support the right and are the most anti-Palestinian factions of Israeli society, overwhelming the lefty Ashekanzim vote. You're in denial about the fact that Israel is a plurality Mizrahi state, and Israeli Mizrahim vote exactly like Egyptian Sisi supporters in their support for reactionary militarism.

There's this narrative in anti-Zionist circles that Ashkenazi=bad (and some with the racist Khazar garbage that they're not really Jews), and Mizrahi=good, and it's loving trash.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 9, 2017

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Some Bibi's going to emergency, some Bibi's going to jail

A reference to the West Wing episode or the song?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Lady Morgaga posted:

One could expect at least some kind of litigation or something if this was true.

I just want to point out how dumb this logic is without getting into the specifics of the Ethiopian Jews story.

Israel is an apartheid state regularly engaging in all kinds of heinous poo poo, such as colonization, dropping white phosporous on schools and shelling hospitals. Yet I don't even expect any of of litigation on these issues, because that's how loving hopeless this poo poo has gotten.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

qkkl posted:

Real Jews are loyal to Israel, not to the countries they live in - only an anti-Semite would think otherwise!

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

gently caress this thread.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

I just want to point out how dumb this logic is without getting into the specifics of the Ethiopian Jews story.

Israel is an apartheid state regularly engaging in all kinds of heinous poo poo, such as colonization, dropping white phosporous on schools and shelling hospitals. Yet I don't even expect any of of litigation on these issues, because that's how loving hopeless this poo poo has gotten.

That's not how understanding history or currently events or politics works. You don't just use "logic" and say you can't imagine this happening because Israel is so evil. Find a single worthwhile source.

Israel engages in war crimes and occupies people that are forced into heinous conditions. That doesn't mean anything you imagine they did wrong is true.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

This is the thing we're talking about, right? This thing that very much did happen?

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

And is it bad? Lots of first world countries have participated in eugenics, and they did it for practical purposes. In Israel's case it was deemed necessary because culturally Ethiopians believed that having lots of kids was good, even if you couldn't support them. This belief is incompatible with Israel's desire to be a first world country. One could argue that teaching kids from a young age that it's bad to have kids that you can't support is a form of eugenics.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

quote:

Ethiopian women in Israel given contraceptive without consent

qkkl posted:

And is it bad?

Really?

qkkl posted:

One could argue that teaching kids from a young age that it's bad to have kids that you can't support is a form of eugenics.

One could argue in favor of drinking bleach. Maybe try that first.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

qkkl posted:

And is it bad? Lots of first world countries have participated in eugenics, and they did it for practical purposes. In Israel's case it was deemed necessary because culturally Ethiopians believed that having lots of kids was good, even if you couldn't support them. This belief is incompatible with Israel's desire to be a first world country. One could argue that teaching kids from a young age that it's bad to have kids that you can't support is a form of eugenics.

Can you point to instances where Israel took such extreme measures to stop Ashkenazi Jewish couples from having many children?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

qkkl posted:

Yeah guys whats the big deal about eugenics? Dumb libs will whine about anything these days amirite? 1 Samuel 15:2&3 and Hebrews 9:27 amen

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

qkkl posted:

Well this wasn't the response I expected.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

qkkl posted:

Yeah... I mean, you think eugenics is good, right? So long as it's just people who are having too many kids while being too black to support them who are being sterilized, what's the problem really? You're in good company with youre support for eugonics, like Sweden and Germany, both of which are really good countries. And you're right, involuntary sterilization it is just like teaching kids. Good call, cheers mate!

R. Mute posted:

Well this wasn't the response I expected.

I did. It's the reasonable response, and it's totally ok.

Hell, I think it's time we should reconsider eugenics and all the benefits of sterilizing shitheads.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Can you point to instances where Israel took such extreme measures to stop Ashkenazi Jewish couples from having many children?

No, because Ashkenazi couples could either support their children themselves, or had a community that could help them support their children (i.e. a poor father with lots of kids had a rich brother who helped support them). Ethiopian Jews didn't have those things, so if they had lots of children they would have grown up in very poor conditions. Remember that Israel wanted Ethiopian Jews to come to Israel so their lives would be better. Part of making their lives better was making sure they didn't have more kids then they could support.

Israel's non-consensual sterilization of 1st generation Ethiopian Jews was done in the Ethiopian Jews' best interests, not because they viewed them as racially undesirable.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

qkkl posted:

No, because Ashkenazi couples could either support their children themselves, or had a community that could help them support their children (i.e. a poor father with lots of kids had a rich brother who helped support them). Ethiopian Jews didn't have those things, so if they had lots of children they would have grown up in very poor conditions. Remember that Israel wanted Ethiopian Jews to come to Israel so their lives would be better. Part of making their lives better was making sure they didn't have more kids then they could support.

Israel's non-consensual sterilization of 1st generation Ethiopian Jews was done in the Ethiopian Jews' best interests, not because they viewed them as racially undesirable.

You do realize Orthodox Jewish couples have many children and highly reliant on government support?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

qkkl posted:

Sure, this is all perfectly logical and reasonable and is dictated merely by the wish of Israel to look like a first world country, that is to say, one where you don't have to see too many black-skinned children.

How about the Haredim, with their birth-rate of seven children per woman and their cultural belief that God will be really upset if men ever do any sort of actually useful work? Shouldn't they get some modern, practical, first-world eugenics too? Oh wait, they're white, and therefore perfectly compatible with Israel's desire to look modern and developed. No eugenics for them!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I like that he also managed to squeeze in some '(white) Jews are all rich' stereotypes in there.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I don't even care about the motive I think forcibly sterilizing women is bad, always.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Lady Morgaga posted:

consider this statement in light of your brother-in-arms currently explaining why eugenics is good, actually

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

qkkl posted:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/10/eritrean-refugees-israel-uganda-rwanda-161024130201856.html

quote:

Gebar, for instance, says that he was being held in an immigration detention camp in the Negev Desert called Holot, when, he claims, officials there informed him that he had three options. If he liked, he could stay indefinitely in the camp. A second option was to go back to Eritrea, the country he had fled five years before. Or, he could agree to take $3,500 and depart for a third country of the Israeli government's choosing.

quote:

Tedros Abrahe, an Eritrean midwife who also left Israel under the "voluntary departures" programme earlier this year, says he is "just waiting to be a legal refugee somewhere". ...But when he arrived, he found that his Eritrean midwifery qualifications were not recognised in Israel, and that the only work available to him as an asylum seeker was an under-the-table job cleaning the kitchen of a Tel Aviv shawarma restaurant.

Israel did not consider him a refugee. Rather, like nearly all of the approximately 42,000 Eritrean and Sudanese refugees in Israel, he was labelled an "infiltrator" - a label previously used to categorise Palestinians entering Israel. The only status Abrahe was allowed was a permit granting him temporary reprieve from being deported, which, he says, he had to renew in person every 60 days.

quote:

Between 2009 and 2016, Israel granted official refugee status to 0.07 percent of all its Sudanese and Eritrean asylum seekers - a total of four people.

quote:

According to Interior Minister Gilad Erdan, the voluntary resettlement plan had "encourage[d] infiltrators to leave the borders of the state of Israel honourably and safely".

But just how safe is it really?

According to research by Hotline and IRRI in Rwanda, most of the refugees who arrive in Rwanda are immediately smuggled over the border to Uganda.

Abrahe says that he spent just two days in the country - waiting in a house near Kigali under an armed guard - before being forcibly taken to Kampala.

Those arriving in Uganda are not afforded any further rights. Uganda's Department of Refugees says there is no deal to accept refugees coming from Israel. Douglas Asiimwe, the department's principal protection officer, told Al Jazeera that any refugees arriving from Israel were assessed on the individual merits of their cases.

They shouldn't need Uganda's protection, he explained, because they weren't coming from a war zone, but from a "safe" country that had promised under international law to uphold the rights of refugees.

Yeah really looking out for the little guy there. Only democracy in the middle eastTM

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

R. Mute posted:

I don't even care about the motive I think forcibly sterilizing women is bad, always.

"Ah, but it's not sterilization since the drug's effect was only temporary and therefore had to be renewed regularly. Likewise, imprisoning a population in an enclave where all infrastructure is destroyed, hospitals and schools were bombed, there isn't any clean, potable water anymore, and a strict blockade makes sure that not enough food is allowed to enter is not a genocide, because you're waiting for diseases to do the dirty work for you instead of using faster but more incriminating methods."

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011

R. Mute posted:

Well, it's certainly horrible, but it's not sterilization. It's non-consensual birth control, which is majorly hosed up. Doesn't make it genocide or a eugenics program. It's pretty hard to see the Israeli health services doing this to a group of European refugees though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Walls are closing in

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/895337137620385793

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Last Buffalo posted:

Well, it's certainly horrible, but it's not sterilization. It's non-consensual birth control, which is majorly hosed up. Doesn't make it genocide or a eugenics program. It's pretty hard to see the Israeli health services doing this to a group of European refugees though.
I have to wonder. Clearly the reason why they opted for x-monthly injections rather than something more permanent despite the end results being basically the same if they hadn't been rumbled is plausible deniability and to open up the argument that it's not technically sterilization/eugenics/ethnic cleansing/whatever just in case they do end up exposed.

So I have to wonder, how does it feel to eagerly use the very argument that was planted to justify crimes against humanity by those that committed those crimes?