Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Uhm are those guns from WW1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Blind Rasputin posted:

The military looks like it belongs in World War 2.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
They're basically saying they're ready to beat the US military in 2017 with the same army that couldn't beat the US military in 1950.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/08/02/7295612555361828401/1024x576_MP4_7295612555361828401.mp4

Really needs some of the dialogue as well, or at least explosions/gunfire/mooks screaming.

Edit: hmmm, not sure if it's my plugins screwing this up or what, but in case you can't watch Gurbanguly gooning it up, here's the article with video.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 7, 2017

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

That guy legitimately has better delivery than Seagal. And at this point better martial arts moves.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

I'm the trigger pulls that result in zero rounds downrange

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Scratch Monkey posted:

They're basically saying they're ready to beat the US military in 2017 with the same army that couldn't beat the US military in 1950.

The PLA?

:rimshot:

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Is that weird sing-songy style of speaking they use common in South Korea too or is it something specific to North Korea?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Craptacular posted:

Is that weird sing-songy style of speaking they use common in South Korea too or is it something specific to North Korea?

It is specific to North Korean propaganda. I'm not a speaker, but am a nerd who likes Korean film and that manner of speech is rather unusual.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Any idea why the North Koreans started doing that? Were they mimicing someone else (Chinese communists?) or did they come up with it on their own?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

drat those dudes are tiny. How the hell do they pick who the roadguards are?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I don't think they have enough cars to have even considered the concept of a road guard.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Blind Rasputin posted:

Someone posted a blog in the Firing Range's Cold War thread about ww2 weapons in Syria and the war geek that runs it also had this article about WW2 weapons in North Korea., including commentary on that clip.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's even worse than I thought. :psyduck:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I don't know if we have a Vietnam thread but I am looking for decent quality maps of the first hours/days of the Tet Offensive specifically in the city of Hue.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Elendil004 posted:

I don't know if we have a Vietnam thread but I am looking for decent quality maps of the first hours/days of the Tet Offensive specifically in the city of Hue.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
lol

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

poo poo that's nice, do you have a source?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

lol

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Elendil004 posted:

Rising Storm by Trip Wyre

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

Elendil004 posted:

I don't quite get the joke being made here, but I'm sure it exists. I'm going to take a stab and say... One of the Tropico games? Maybe one of the Battlefield games? BF: Vietnam kinda sucked though.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Tiny posted:

I don't quite get the joke being made here, but I'm sure it exists. I'm going to take a stab and say... One of the Tropico games? Maybe one of the Battlefield games? BF: Vietnam kinda sucked though.

Edit: drat I didn't catch you before your edit.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Tiny posted:

Battlefield games? BF: Vietnam kinda sucked though.

MODS

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

It had a badass soundtrack, but the actual gameplay was kinda poo poo. Bad helicopter flight mechanics. Red "bad guy" team won all the time. Better infantry guns, more infantry on hand for every battle that actually involved infantry vs infantry...

Wait, maybe it was very realistic...

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

my kinda ape posted:

Rising Storm by Trip Wyre

Oh :(

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Yeah it's a top down view of the Hue City map from Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. The map is supposedly pretty accurate when compared to the source pictures they used but I imagine they made some changes to the overall layout of things for gameplay purposes. It's probably an ok visualization if you're just looking for personal curiosity but I wouldn't use it for anything academic obviously!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

my kinda ape posted:

Yeah it's a top down view of the Hue City map from Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. The map is supposedly pretty accurate when compared to the source pictures they used but I imagine they made some changes to the overall layout of things for gameplay purposes. It's probably an ok visualization if you're just looking for personal curiosity but I wouldn't use it for anything academic obviously!

I am using it for a roleplaying game as source material for the players, I am hoping to find a series of maps that show things like enemy positions/attacks with arrows and all that

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i will never forget this day. the day i came to hue city and fought one million nva gooks

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i will never forget this day. the day i came to hue city and fought one million nva gooks

Thank you for your service o7

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

happy birthday zipperhead

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
War is stupid

Think of all the cool vets from other countries we can't drink with because we had to kill each other

gently caress

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Zeris posted:

War is stupid

Think of all the cool vets from other countries we can't drink with because we had to kill each other

gently caress

Kind of like how the British and Germans post World War 2 got their vet groups together a lot?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CommieGIR posted:

Kind of like how the British and Germans post World War 2 got their vet groups together a lot?

I've never heard of this.

War is dumb because somewhere it's bad for a good boy.

:dogout:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Zeris posted:

War is stupid

gently caress

Nonsense.

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
I was going to list all the things I hate about this, but I realized it just keep on giving and is best presented without commentary.

(Pardon the lovely cellphone pic, I didn't have a lot of time to react once I realized what I was staring at)

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I've never heard of this.

War is dumb because somewhere it's bad for a good boy.

:dogout:

Use to be a thing with WWII vets on all sides. Now they are all most of them are dead.

US and Germans did it as well as a few gatherings of US and Japanese. History channel did either a special or series on the latter if I remember correctly.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Seekhay posted:

I was going to list all the things I hate about this, but I realized it just keep on giving and is best presented without commentary.

(Pardon the lovely cellphone pic, I didn't have a lot of time to react once I realized what I was staring at)

I can't tell if that is a BMW X3 or a Nissan but god drat is that tacky either way.

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice

Beastie posted:

I can't tell if that is a BMW X3 or a Nissan but god drat is that tacky either way.

I think it's a MB GLE (starts $52k...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Beastie posted:

If it were a BMW he wouldn't have stripped any of the badging off.