Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Divorce inc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
If someone turned down 1.5 million dollars on a 2-year old house because "it's our first house" I'd probably divorce them.

You can literally move down the street, have a paid off house, and make 28k a year from dividends at age 30.

It's not even a family house or historic area or anything. It's literally a teardown they bought 2 years ago.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Why do people with no money say they're ready to pursue their passions? Do they think other people aren't pursuing their passions because they're just not ready for it yet?

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

ohgodwhat posted:

Why do people with no money say they're ready to pursue their passions? Do they think other people aren't pursuing their passions because they're just not ready for it yet?

ohgodwhat posted:

It might have something to do with the $280 they spend on weed every month.

Christ, they spend over $600/mo on weed and cigarettes. HOW COULD WE POSSIBLY GET OUT OF THIS FINANCIAL HOLE?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

GamingHyena posted:

It might have something to do with the $280 they spend on weed every month.

Christ, they spend over $600/mo on weed and cigarettes. HOW COULD WE POSSIBLY GET OUT OF THIS FINANCIAL HOLE?

Buy fewer candles.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
BWM: Im ready to pursue my passions (whatever those may be!)

potatoducks
Jan 26, 2006
If smoking $280 of weed every month isn't pursuing your passions, then I don't know what is. And you know they're getting a good price on it too.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

ohgodwhat posted:

quote:

I'm afraid if I start a full time job for benefits and stability...that I'll not have time for my farming. Or I won't have as much flexibility

This individual, who is not a farmer, refuses to quit their day job of serving at a restaurant because they feel like switching to a career that helps gets them out of debt will eat in to their time for farming (which they do not do).

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Buy fewer candles.

No.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
What is an "urban farm"? You going to grow corn in downtown Detroit or something?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It's growing weed.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

monster on a stick posted:

What is an "urban farm"? You going to grow corn in downtown Detroit or something?

Given what she spends on weed, probably a couple of pot plants in a closet with a sun lamp.

Efb

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

monster on a stick posted:

FWIW if it weren't for all the stuff that's buried underground, there are plenty of vacant BLOCKS where you could get yourself a nice little operation going.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

My friend quit her accounting job at a Fortune 500 Company to become a "bogwitch." She makes tinctures and tonics through mushrooms and herbs that she grows in an urban farm.

But apparently hundreds of dumb people are willing to pay her $75 2-3x a month for 4 oz of mushroom juice. So, maybe urban farming and witchcraft is GWM?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ashcans posted:

It's growing weed.
But if she was growing weed, why's she spending $280/mo on buying more weed?

quote:

We buy one ounce a month for the two of us. It's really 280 a month but I thought I'd give a little cushion. Is that really that crazy? We don't go out to bars or spend money on other things. And the cigarettes I estimated like 27 packs a month at $6. And both of us smoke about the same. Not sure if I made it seem like it was just me. My bad. Is it still crazy?

And why do we need to get rid of the dog? They pay for everything. Including the food. We just gave it our dogs food because it's better. Do we really need to just get rid of the dog?

Thanks for the response!

In response to a $600/mo spend on smoking being insane on a combined $3500/mo-ish income:

quote:

Do you allow yourselves like a percentage for fun money? Is there a number it's supposed to be? We had a ton of tomatoes which unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of. And peppers galore. We use the peppers. And we actually did do meal prep Sundays for a while and just got off the train for one reason or another.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Haifisch posted:

But if she was growing weed, why's she spending $280/mo on buying more weed?

She says herself she dreams of urban farming but hasn't started yet. Dreaming of closet pot plants.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

quote:

But we aren't even smoking blunts, joints, bowls. Even though we'd love to. We only take gravity bong hits which is a little tiny pinch of weed. Days that we work we may take like 4-5 a piece. Days we are off we might smoke a little more but about the same because we are always doing poo poo. We don't just smoke to unwind. I smoke to get poo poo done. And I also get a terrible hangover from only a little alcohol.
I'm pretty sure she's still a server because that's one of the few jobs where they don't care if you're high all the time.

Eldred posted:

She says herself she dreams of urban farming but hasn't started yet. Dreaming of closet pot plants.
Good point. :v:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Haifisch posted:

I'm pretty sure she's still a server because that's one of the few jobs where they don't care if you're high all the time.

Good point. :v:

My sister in law works a good job high all the time. They would care, but they can't tell you're high if they never see you sober.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

quote:

We had a ton of tomatoes which unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of. And peppers galore. We use the peppers.

Never get high on your own supply.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

My friend quit her accounting job at a Fortune 500 Company to become a "bogwitch."

New thread title?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

My friend quit her accounting job at a Fortune 500 Company to become a "bogwitch." She makes tinctures and tonics through mushrooms and herbs that she grows in an urban farm.

But apparently hundreds of dumb people are willing to pay her $75 2-3x a month for 4 oz of mushroom juice. So, maybe urban farming and witchcraft is GWM?

I am in the wrong business, man.

A few years ago ebay stopped allowing people to sell "spells" or "wishes" and a bunch of other weird "enchanted" stuff.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/08/ebay-bans-magic-potions-curses-spells/

quote:

Perhaps it's the intangibility of hexes and curses that makes them tough to host. "EBay regularly reviews categories and updates our policies based on customer feedback," a statement from the company read. "We are discontinuing a small number of categories within the larger metaphysical subcategory, as buyers and sellers have told us that transactions in these categories often result in issues that can be difficult to resolve."
You don't say?

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Pompous Rhombus posted:

New thread title?

Isn't the subject of the titles supposed to be BWM? That's a GWM even if her customers are BWM.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Haifisch posted:

In response to a $600/mo spend on smoking being insane on a combined $3500/mo-ish income:

Most of her posts are some variation of "yes I understand smoking weed is killing our finances but how much can we spend on weed recreation every month? Maybe we could give up Netflix instead?"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Pompous Rhombus posted:

New thread title?

She also does unlicensed tattoos in exchange for fruit and vegetables.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

She also does unlicensed tattoos in exchange for fruit and vegetables.

That looks like it was just done with sharpies. :psyduck:

I'm assuming it's supposed to have some sort of mystical significance, but seriously, why?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Haifisch posted:

That looks like it was just done with sharpies. :psyduck:

I'm assuming it's supposed to have some sort of mystical significance, but seriously, why?

She does them with charred sticks and "natural" inks.

That's what #StickandPoke means.

Edit: The stick has some kind of tiny metal needle attached to the end. It's not 100% wood.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 9, 2017

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Is she certified, at least?

source: Obvious Plant

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

canyoneer posted:

I am in the wrong business, man.

A few years ago ebay stopped allowing people to sell "spells" or "wishes" and a bunch of other weird "enchanted" stuff.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/08/ebay-bans-magic-potions-curses-spells/

You don't say?

I totally did that spell, you just didn't do the spell reception ritual right. Sorry, that will be $500 to do it again.

JumpyMonky
Jul 30, 2010

CORN

Haifisch posted:

Fun money.

Sure we all have a percentage of fun money, but drat that's 17% of your income up in smoke.

The worst BWM is those who insist on not even cutting back a little.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

My sister in law works a good job high all the time. They would care, but they can't tell you're high if they never see you sober.

They should teach this in schools.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

She does them with charred sticks and "natural" inks.

That's what #StickandPoke means.

Edit: The stick has some kind of tiny metal needle attached to the end. It's not 100% wood.

Listen Leon, go ahead and be straight with us, how the gently caress do you know so many people who are so, SO bad with money?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Listen Leon, go ahead and be straight with us, how the gently caress do you know so many people who are so, SO bad with money?

this is why

employees at a government agency

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

She makes over 80k a year from her tinctures and gets another several thousand from co-managing a hippie music festival.

I don't know the cash value of the fruits and vegetables she gets for her tattoos.

She is more GWM than we could ever dream to be.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

She makes over 80k a year from her tinctures and gets another several thousand from co-managing a hippie music festival.

I don't know the cash value of the fruits and vegetables she gets for her tattoos.

Bad With Money, Good With Mana

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Maybe those "mushroom tinctures" are actually just psilocybin.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

"Maybe."

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Vox Nihili posted:

That would make way more sense.

But she literally just boils a bunch of different varieties of mushrooms and sells tiny bottles of boiled mushroom water for 70-90 dollars per 4 oz bottle.

She also gave me a business card that has her profession listed as "Bruxa."

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

canyoneer posted:

https://np.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/6segzn/wife_doesnt_want_to_sell_house_but_i_do_nc/
Wife doesn't want to sell house but I do (NC) (self.legaladvice)
submitted 1 day ago by Johnnynumber4

There is no way that this ends well.

christ that almost makes me frustrated just reading about it

money is one of the top reasons of divorce, for good cause i guess, because sometimes you just marry an absolute loving idiot moron like this woman

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

"Sorry developer man, the wife wants more for it, what can you do to help me out here?"

Alternatively, if this parcel is next to commercial development, his wife could maybe be persuaded once demo amd construction starts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

That would make way more sense.

But she literally just boils a bunch of different varieties of mushrooms and sells tiny bottles of boiled mushroom water for 70-90 dollars per 4 oz bottle.

She also gave me a business card that has her profession listed as "Bruxa."

Is that a real word in some language or did she just think Bruja was too boring?