Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Using the years worth of silly mii's that have worked around an incredibly limited engine to generate a fantasy world was perhaps the best idea Nintendo has made in a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Bombadilillo posted:

How does Hank feel about trans bathrooms?

Hank's a Republican, so his idea of a transgender person would be a hairy, muscular dude in a dress, carrying a purse.

He wouldn't worry about it too much since he'd never use a public bathroom anyway, preferring to hold it in until he gets home.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

King Possum III posted:

Hank's a Republican, so his idea of a transgender person would be a hairy, muscular dude in a dress, carrying a purse.

He wouldn't worry about it too much since he'd never use a public bathroom anyway, preferring to hold it in until he gets home.

He's not "holding it in" he has a NARROW URETHRA!!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

King Possum III posted:

He wouldn't understand it at all really. There's already an episode sort of about this where a crossdresser mistakes Peggy for a crossdressing man and becomes her best friend for a while

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

King Possum III posted:

"Why do you keep calling me BILL?"

If they do a King of the Hill follow-up (I guess it wouldn't be a reboot), Luanne would have to have moved to Europe or something, I doubt they'd actually have such a heavy cloud like the character's death hang around the plot and setting, despite no more Brittany Murphy.

Also, Bobby better be a really awkward teenager, I tell ya what.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Imo a KotH resurrection would be a little too awkward and political, seeing as both parties have dedicated themselves to breaking down the comfortable lower-middle american life portrayed

In this episode, Hank must find a way around the bank deciding it never actually sold him his house! Meanwhile, Bobby must cope with the fact that he has no money to take Connie anywhere

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Peggy: "Now here's a good way to save money. 'Instead of throwing away old calendars, save them, and reuse them in 7 to 14 years.'"
Hank: "Huh..."

I love this show.

saw that when watching a stream of episodes and laughed so loving hard

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Bobby becomes a raging SJW while Joseph is an alt right Trump supporter. Both try to encourage Connie to join their side, but Connie is more interested in her lucrative Twitch business.

Meanwhile, Hank has to fend off the ever growing hippies who hate propane in favor of solar powered grills.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Remember the transvestite episode? Peggy bonded with him over large shoes

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

facebook jihad posted:

Bobby becomes a raging SJW while Joseph is an alt right Trump supporter. Both try to encourage Connie to join their side, but Connie is more interested in her lucrative Twitch business.

Meanwhile, Hank has to fend off the ever growing hippies who hate propane in favor of solar powered grills.

Joseph would be so quick to buy into the Men's Rights stuff. It's a perfect fit.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Reince Penis posted:

Joseph would be so quick to buy into the Men's Rights stuff. It's a perfect fit.

Dooleys just like "youre a cuck...."

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Dooley would totally wear the hat.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cosmik Slop posted:

Dooley would totally wear the hat.

"I'm making america great again."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hank: "I usually use my work bench, but you'll do in a pinch. Now, hold this board."
Bobby: "Ok. If you want me to hold it tight, say 'T'. If you want me to hold it REAL tight, say 'RT'. That'll be our system!"
Hank: *long sigh*

This is exactly the kind of poo poo I would have pulled with my dad. Totally innocent, thinking I was somehow making a system out of stuff that clearly didn't need that sort of thing.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hank: "I usually use my work bench, but you'll do in a pinch. Now, hold this board."
Bobby: "Ok. If you want me to hold it tight, say 'T'. If you want me to hold it REAL tight, say 'RT'. That'll be our system!"
Hank: *long sigh*

This is exactly the kind of poo poo I would have pulled with my dad. Totally innocent, thinking I was somehow making a system out of stuff that clearly didn't need that sort of thing.

Yes!

They totally nailed the kid dialogue in a way that I don't think another show has.

Bobby: what were you eatin' under there?
Joseph: under where?
Bobby: haha, you were eatin' underwear!

Classic

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Saved your life dad!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Uh-oh. Last time you were waiting for me I learned about goldfish heaven.

naem
May 29, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Imo a KotH resurrection would be a little too awkward and political, seeing as both parties have dedicated themselves to breaking down the comfortable lower-middle american life portrayed

In this episode, Hank must find a way around the bank deciding it never actually sold him his house! Meanwhile, Bobby must cope with the fact that he has no money to take Connie anywhere

Half the show lose their houses, Luanne never moves out and has a kid now, Hank makes most of his income selling propane to wealthy California tech kids moving to Texas to live in tiny houses "but that's just a trailer!" Hank worries constantly that it's just a fad and has a rivalry with someone who installs off grid solar panels.

Bobby works security for a tech firm's Burning Man campsite but gets treated badly and joins in when angry burners trash the private camp.

Peggy tries to bag groceries part time for extra income but is hurt that no one cares that she takes pride in her work. There is no cute scene where she works hard to earn enough money to help her family, just people ignoring her as she attempts to hold back tears. Then the only grocery store in town goes out of business and everyone has to shop at a liquor store with bars on the windows.

The tiny houses keep tipping over (like Luanne's trailer) and hank starts letting the tech kids camp in his backyard because they're his only customers (maybe one of them is the one who gets Luanne pregnant but he won't marry her because she's "trash," meanwhile he camps in her dad's backyard because rent is too high in the Bay Area). Bill and Dale's houses burnt down after the bank seized them. The tech kids stand in the alley with the guys drinking beer "ironically," the guys are too earnest to understand they are being mocked. Opening theme is now by Ed Sheeran

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ok, guys, let's give it a push; and this time no faking it, Dale!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

namlosh posted:

Yes!

They totally nailed the kid dialogue in a way that I don't think another show has.

It's good stuff. I think I said this the other day but it's funny how awkward Joseph is with the ladies. Makes me wonder how John Redcorn fared during those tough tween years.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

naem posted:

Half the show lose their houses, Luanne never moves out and has a kid now, Hank makes most of his income selling propane to wealthy California tech kids moving to Texas to live in tiny houses "but that's just a trailer!" Hank worries constantly that it's just a fad and has a rivalry with someone who installs off grid solar panels.

Bobby works security for a tech firm's Burning Man campsite but gets treated badly and joins in when angry burners trash the private camp.

Peggy tries to bag groceries part time for extra income but is hurt that no one cares that she takes pride in her work. There is no cute scene where she works hard to earn enough money to help her family, just people ignoring her as she attempts to hold back tears. Then the only grocery store in town goes out of business and everyone has to shop at a liquor store with bars on the windows.

The tiny houses keep tipping over (like Luanne's trailer) and hank starts letting the tech kids camp in his backyard because they're his only customers (maybe one of them is the one who gets Luanne pregnant but he won't marry her because she's "trash," meanwhile he camps in her dad's backyard because rent is too high in the Bay Area). Bill and Dale's houses burnt down after the bank seized them. The tech kids stand in the alley with the guys drinking beer "ironically," the guys are too earnest to understand they are being mocked. Opening theme is now by Ed Sheeran

This is really bad.

naem
May 29, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

This is really bad.

Like the times we live in

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

please note that Luann Platter is not Hank Hill's daughter and stop writing paragraphs about a show you have a pedestrian level of understanding.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hank, all this dyins got me tah thinkin, i mights not live forever

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

naem posted:

Except they live in Texas which is doing quite well.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sponge Baathist posted:

please note that Luann Platter is not Hank Hill's daughter and stop writing paragraphs about a show you have a pedestrian level of understanding.

Plus, considering Luanne and Lucky's money comes from having won a lawsuit and not having any actual job they'll probably be just fine

naem
May 29, 2011

Sponge Baathist posted:

New King of the hill would be as bad as new simpsons for many of the same reasons (much like my posting)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

corn in the bible posted:

Plus, considering Luanne and Lucky's money comes from having won a lawsuit and not having any actual job they'll probably be just fine

Pee pee money is not an employment history!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hank plays League of Legends

https://youtu.be/M9irt9m74EM

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
There should be some sort of test you have to take before you start theory crafting for modern day King of the Hill episodes. Too many scrubs posing like they're real fans.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

"uncle hank, who knew that slippin on the pee pee in austin would pay so much better than slippin on the pee pee in denton"

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Gaunab posted:

There should be some sort of test you have to take before you start theory crafting for modern day King of the Hill episodes. Too many scrubs posing like they're real fans.

:siren:

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

naem posted:

Luanne never moves out and has a kid now

Yes, she probably still has the kid she had in the show.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
They better bring Cotton back if they bring the show back

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

facebook jihad posted:

He killed fitty one men

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

facebook jihad posted:

"Dad, yo-yo-you died"

"No I didnt. Had to fake my own death. Went after Castro one last time."

"Dad he died already"

"I know boy that's why I'm back. Dee Dee and GH are on the gravy train with biscuit wheels without me. I'm livin in your shed now. I killed 51 men."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I bet Irwin Linker killed like, a hundred and fiddy men

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bombadilillo posted:

"Dad, yo-yo-you died"

"No I didnt. Had to fake my own death. Went after Castro one last time."

"Dad he died already"

"I know boy that's why I'm back. Dee Dee and GH are on the gravy train with biscuit wheels without me. I'm livin in your shed now. I killed 51 men."

"And whoooo do you think killed him fat neck?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Everyone wants this super happy adult life for Bobby but this show thrives in the mundane and so he's definitely just some average guy, probably working at Strickland or something.