Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Bacontotem posted:

A year ago a dream was made a meme. We'll see if I survive Jeph's wrath.Overwatch:Stop scatter arrowing me in the bronze you loving hanjo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD_9C7Ge5e8

and this is why i cannot get out of ELO hell and go up any levels.

How many games did you have to throw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

season 2 300. season 3 10. All this time has taught me how to be very stealthy as Hanzo. https://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/global/hero/16/mode/ranked/category/kd

Bacontotem fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 9, 2017

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

TheresaJayne posted:

and this is why i cannot get out of ELO hell and go up any levels.

How many games did you have to throw?

He only plays with full stacks who are doing the same thing he is, if I remember correctly.

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
if you had a worse k/d and intentionally missed more shots your mmr would probably go down faster. Would also make it harder to detect, but they probably don't care about 6-stacks feeding wins to kids

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Lucioball is pretty much just goalkeeper simulator because every loving pubbie I play with immediately runs away from defense thinking he's super-Zidane. It's terrible.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I'm glad Lucio ball is back, I liked it a lot. I wish the player speeds were a tiny bit faster though. I know they're trying to make it where you have to set up passes in front of goal and everything, but it's a bit too hard to actually read and react to what's going on unless you're just sitting in front of the goal.

Black Griffon posted:

Lucioball is pretty much just goalkeeper simulator because every loving pubbie I play with immediately runs away from defense thinking he's super-Zidane. It's terrible.

I feel like I've had half my matches have someone else goal and the other half I do it. Probably depends on the rank if you're doing competitive. I think it's fun. Last night we won a competitive Lucioball game 1-0 and my team said I was a great goalie. It made me feel :3:.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

One tip I've found on lucioball is to hit W a lot when you are ulting. It lets you get perspective and lunge at the ball. I'm bad about ever hitting W.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

People like this is why I hear dumb jokes about my name in Overwatch all the time :(

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

RCarr posted:

After taking almost a year off from playing this game, I just got back into it again. Took a few matches to shake the rust off, but I'm having fun again. Does anyone still play this on Xbox?
A few pages back, but I do.

WorldFamousW is tag. I play almost everyday, but I'm real bad about inviting people to party myself. I will more then likely accept an invite though.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Lucio ball seems extra janky. I think there might be a bug or quirck with collision as well. I had a few instances where the ball was coming direct to me on the ground as it was in front of me I hit right click. It does nothing, the ball skirts by and goes in and my Lucio says something about how he scored on his own net. The replay shows the ball just go by. I saw this happen to a few teammates too.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

World Famous W posted:

A few pages back, but I do.

WorldFamousW is tag. I play almost everyday, but I'm real bad about inviting people to party myself. I will more then likely accept an invite though.

Me too! GT: ArmachamRulz

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Biotic Field Generator for Grillmaster 76 is a can of Diet Heal Up. :coolfish:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
"Everyone come here for refreshment!"

I love this stupid rear end skin and I'm going to start maining dad because of it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bango skank posted:

The Biotic Field Generator for Grillmaster 76 is a can of Diet Heal Up. :coolfish:

his guns says "a salt rifle" and he's got "raise the steaks" on his apron. the dad jokes are strong here

tho idk, mccree's dessert seagull might be better

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
All I know is blizz knocked it out of the park with the skins this time.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dragongem posted:

I'm glad Lucio ball is back, I liked it a lot. I wish the player speeds were a tiny bit faster though. I know they're trying to make it where you have to set up passes in front of goal and everything, but it's a bit too hard to actually read and react to what's going on unless you're just sitting in front of the goal.

I feel like I've had half my matches have someone else goal and the other half I do it. Probably depends on the rank if you're doing competitive. I think it's fun. Last night we won a competitive Lucioball game 1-0 and my team said I was a great goalie. It made me feel :3:.

Have you ever heard a game called Rocket League?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I finally did a couple of games on this again. Doomfist and Orisa are very fun. D.va is still my favourite though.

Lootboxes are still awful trash

also I realised the gold medals in the results screen actually aren't little chibi McCree faces

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Duck and Cover posted:

Rocket league doesn't give you grilldad skin.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can't use that in lucioball anyway

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Does Widowmaker just put on her sunglasses when she ults? If she does I might have to learn how to flickshot.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Does Widowmaker just put on her sunglasses when she ults? If she does I might have to learn how to flickshot.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Duck and Cover posted:

I played it for awhile earlier this year. Wound up being too frustrating because the average skill level's really high and I never could get better than bronze, even after a few hundred games. I tilted like crazy because I kept feeling like I could do better and never would.

Lucioball's way easier and that's all I need.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
lucioball isn't that bad after you get used to the depth perception and range of your punch/boop

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I don't think I'll play more Lucioball. I've got the weekly boxes and all the achievements. Might have to start maining Cree because I got the beach bod though.

Dragongem posted:

I'm still just 22. Ranked matches might be more fun but I might be too lazy to level three times before the games are over.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
How on loving earth are people able to bring themselves to play COMP Lucioball? I would like to get my lootbox that will have nothing good in it and leave already please. This poo poo sucks

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

placing in the comp lucioball mode actually gets you comp points and end of season rewards (tho less than actual comp mode. getting to gm nets you 1000 comp points at the end, for example) so you may as well just do all your arcade games this week in lucioball for the extra loot boxes. at least until you place anyway

but yea I hated lucioball last time around personally

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The hit and collision detection of Lucioball is as terrible as it was last year, but it's still a decent diversion when you have some actual bad games and want to decompress. I'm doing comp because it's incredibly easy to knock out arcade wins with and the point rewards aren't even as meager as expected

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I appreciate competitive Lucio ball, it means I should have my first gold weapon (Zarya's) in a few weeks.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
I find comp lucio ball fun as hell for what it is. And it's a cheap extra source of comp points. I'm high silver/low gold in regular comp but had no problems placing masters in copa.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
is there any way to know if shits still bugged to heck re: comp lucio ball?

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

is there any way to know if shits still bugged to heck re: comp lucio ball?

They removed me from being stuck searchig for a comp lucioball match for hours... if that's what you mean.

Also the matches that don't have balls and therefore can't end... I havent seen one today yet. hth

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
It would be super nice if people who leave the Lucio ball games early because they're losing get a lootbox with nothing in it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Constantine XI posted:

I find comp lucio ball fun as hell for what it is. And it's a cheap extra source of comp points. I'm high silver/low gold in regular comp but had no problems placing masters in copa.

I would like Lucioball more if the ball behaved correctly. As it is like half the time the ball won't go where your ability should send it, instead opting for like directly to your side or even behind you somehow. Also the jump pads feel almost like a hindrance than anything. Rocket League this aint

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Dodgeball posted:

It would be super nice if people who leave the Lucio ball games early because they're losing get a lootbox with nothing in it.

in fairness a fuckin point limit wouldn't be amiss in this game mode

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

in fairness a fuckin point limit wouldn't be amiss in this game mode

Slaughter rule is +10

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Dren posted:

Slaughter rule is +10

It should honestly be half that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is that the mercy rule for point difference? never heard it referred to like that

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Doomfist is a terrible addition to the game, and it really exemplifies how hypocritical Blizzard has been with tossing Roadhog into the dumpster.

Roadhog hook had travel time and a delay timer before he oneshot you (if you weren't a tank / Mei / Reaper). You could react to a Roadhog hooking your teammates with a shield / bubble / Matrix / stun / knockback / freeze.

Doomfist? I had a game on King's Row where I peeked a corner and instantly died to a Doomfist who was charging up his fist behind that same corner. There wasn't any possible counterplay in the world aside from divinely intuiting that Doomfist was behind that wall and was charging up his fist. There was nothing my teammates could have done to save me. This isn't an one-time issue, this is something my friends have complained about, something I've noticed in many many other matches since the Doomfist patch.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
and then he can just do it every 4 seconds is the worst part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
like okay the obvious comparison is Widowmaker, right? But Widowmaker is much worse at defending herself, favors long sight lines, has horrible mobility outside one single long-cooldown grapple ability, and has a slightly longer charge-up time and obviously a much higher precision requirement. If you can figure out where Widowmaker is sitting you can force her to waste time relocating or else die to you. Doomfist can be around every single corner on the map, no matter how cramped the quarters, and there's not too much you can do about it, either anticipative or reactive.