Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Manos is definitely up there for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I too have a hard time thinking of movies I like as bad sometimes, but I do full on love Robot Monster, Manos: The Hands of Fate, Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers, and most of the Friday the 13th franchise.

Yeah gonna have to say Manos. Manos is the movie I put on when I want to unwind.

Sleepaway Camp 2 is amazing though

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Youtube of the Day is actually from Archive.org:

https://archive.org/details/TheWarGame_201405

Peter Watkin's The War Game from 1965

Fun and Topical!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I don't have a favourite bad movie because my taste is impeccable, and I'm a joyless snob.

I can't actually think of one. Does Goldmember count?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
My favorite bad movie is Night Train to Terror

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

K. Waste posted:

My favorite bad movie is Night Train to Terror

Lurdiak was kind enough to stream this at the end of the May Horror Movie Challenge and it was baffling and hilarious.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Beyond Thunderdome

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I wrote a paragraph of wishy-washy equivocating about some other picks, then I remembered The Core existed and is 100% my answer here.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'm surprised no one has said Miami Connection yet because that movie rules and is also terrible. I can't think of a better bad movie

I kind of figured that was implied and we were just reckoning at second place.

I myself vote for Armageddon, which is basically a golden retriever in movie form.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Someone on this forum recommended no-budget sci-fi thriller 400 Days and I wish I could remember who it was so I could never trust them again.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

Beyond Thunderdome

But that's a good movie.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Samuel Clemens posted:

Last Action Hero

um it rules actually?

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

My answer is The Apple, a genuinely bad movie that I like anyway.

Where is she?!

*drinks hallucinogen*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just found out that not only was Rutger Hauer Zatoichi in the American Zatoichi remake Blind Fury, Rutger Hauer was also robot Yojimbo in the American sci-fi Yojimbo remake Omega Doom

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

married but discreet posted:

um it rules actually?

I think it was a bit ahead of its time because when it came out I don't think people rolled with it as well.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

I wrote a paragraph of wishy-washy equivocating about some other picks, then I remembered The Core existed and is 100% my answer here.

Oh yeah I'm changing my answer to this.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Power of Pecota posted:

The Core is a masterpiece.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Here's my hot take that's actually cool and good:

That five minute Dunkirk scene in Atonement is so much better than all of Nolan's movie it's not even funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QijbOCvunfU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I just found out that not only was Rutger Hauer Zatoichi in the American Zatoichi remake Blind Fury, Rutger Hauer was also robot Yojimbo in the American sci-fi Yojimbo remake Omega Doom

Holy poo poo, I had forgotten about Omega Doom. That movie loving owns.

Also on the topic of Albert Pyun, "Nemesis" is probably my favorite lovely movie.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah gonna have to say Manos. Manos is the movie I put on when I want to unwind.

Sleepaway Camp 2 is amazing though

The restoration really helped me actually appreciate it as a movie. It's wild-rear end.

Nroo posted:

Youtube of the Day is actually from Archive.org:

https://archive.org/details/TheWarGame_201405

Peter Watkin's The War Game from 1965

Fun and Topical!

The War Game is fantastic. I really gotta get around to Punishment Park soon, I've loved all the Watkins I've seen.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Re: Last Action Hero, I get why people like it and it has a few really great moments, but apart from Iron Man 3 (which I don't even really count) it's by far my least favorite Shane Black project. The kid lead character is soooo obnoxious and there's so much of him.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
What you have against kids with tude?

Also, IM3 is Shane Blackish as hell so I'm not sure why it wouldn't count when judging his movies

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

What you have against kids with tude?

Also, IM3 is Shane Blackish as hell so I'm not sure why it wouldn't count when judging his movies

I don't make up the rules, I just enforce them.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Black's script was very heavily rewritten by Drew Pearce. But, yeah, the structure is Black as hell.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just watched Pickle Rick. Was there a controversy over it or something?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Detective No. 27 posted:

They forgot the jokes

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The whole episode is filled with jokes.

The whole episode is a joke.

They're just not written jokes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

The whole episode is filled with jokes.

The whole episode is a joke.

They're just not written jokes.

I remembered your reaction and thought something violently offensive happened or something.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
PICKLE RICKKKKKKKKK

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Detective No. 27 posted:

I remembered your reaction and thought something violently offensive happened or something.

I'm not sure which reaction, but if it was the other night, I was just being a ironic because it's legit my favorite show on TV

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

married but discreet posted:

um it rules actually?

Well, obviously. Otherwise, I wouldn't love it.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't know, but the Film Crit Hulk did a writeup about it where it turns out that, without his gimmick, he writes like the Pitchfork Kid A guy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The restoration really helped me actually appreciate it as a movie. It's wild-rear end.

The War Game is fantastic. I really gotta get around to Punishment Park soon, I've loved all the Watkins I've seen.

I'm not allowed to buy the restoration because my small squishy person is afraid I'll leave it looping in the background 24/7

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm not allowed to buy the restoration because my small squishy person is afraid I'll leave it looping in the background 24/7

While you wear JNCOs

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I don't know, but the Film Crit Hulk did a writeup about it where it turns out that, without his gimmick, he writes like the Pitchfork Kid A guy.

lol he is such a lovely writer

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anyway, Pickle Rick was good but not great. It still has the best animation done so far.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
http://www.avclub.com/article/coen-brothers-ride-netflix-western-anthology-balla-259239
:aaaaa:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Oh hell yes

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if that Bright movie with Will Smith, orcs and elves is based on some existing franchise? I can't find that it is. And in this age of superhero rehashes and book adaptations it just look so odd to toss that much money, fame and skill into what I have always assumed to be an unpopular nerd genre, and then just make up your universe whole cloth. I'm personally kinda stoked though. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zudgemud posted:

Does anyone know if that Bright movie with Will Smith, orcs and elves is based on some existing franchise? I can't find that it is. And in this age of superhero rehashes and book adaptations it just look so odd to toss that much money, fame and skill into what I have always assumed to be an unpopular nerd genre, and then just make up your universe whole cloth. I'm personally kinda stoked though. :v:

It's not.

• Locked thread