Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

DkS2 was also the only time that running fist weapons only wasn't extremely punishing, it had a lot of problems but brawling with everything felt really good for something that isn't like God Hand. It's manageable in the others, except for bb where everything spins and flails at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Digirat posted:

Ok here's the ranking

I like the games

Woah, sounds we might have a scrub here.

HEY GUYS I THINK WE HAVE A SCRUB.

*alarms sound in the distance*

No but seriously I've found I don't really give a poo poo about the games' differences in mechanics - I tend to be more drawn in by finding new stuff, locations, that kind of thing. I like going slowly through areas and just exploring them. Which is why I tend to like certain things in certain games, rather than the game itself because it's faster, or enemies track less, or whatever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rank my rear end

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Sakurazuka posted:

Rank my rear end

Tricky, as your avatar doesn't show it.

Has anyone tried Long Dark?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sakurazuka posted:

Rank my rear end

B-Team

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sakurazuka posted:

Rank my rear end

It's rank.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

exquisite tea posted:

I feel like Souls fans are always weirdly permissive of bullshit hitboxes in ways the certainly would not be for non-From Software games but you know :darksouls:

People complain about the hitboxes a lot, though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Eurogamer got ahold of a leak of the 5.0 firmware release notes

-1080p60 streaming from Pros
-Major overhaul to family sub-account management
-Notifications and download queue in quick menu
-More social poo poo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Folders.....

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I am the Folders Wizard and I have just cast a spell on your PS4 to enable Folders, you're welcome

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Please let me set an alternative screen name in games that people see instead of my PSN ID.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
still no username changes, still no way to pin items to the main dashboard. Gonna go ahead with assuming there will be more ads now too.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

What I don't understand is why "library" is always the furthest-right thing on the dashboard so I have to scroll all the way over every time if what I want isn't there. I want library to be the furthest-left thing so I can just see the list of crap I own and choose from that

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I assume the reason is to tempt you with consumerist desires. And it's inconvenient as gently caress.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It also says they're refreshing the PlayStation app. If it's significantly improved that's more meaningful to me than that other stuff.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I thought the Pro had 1080p/60 streaming already?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

Please let me set an alternative screen name in games that people see instead of my PSN ID.

This, and let me set it on a per-game basis.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

of course we all know Nintendo is horrendous all around with their online poo poo but don't most games essentially do just that?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Seedge posted:

I thought the Pro had 1080p/60 streaming already?

I think it has that for recording. This would be for twitch streaming.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Steam has a login name you can't change except it lets you change the display name everyone sees instantly and as often as you want, which resulted in the most hilariously bad scam attempt I've ever seen

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Digirat posted:

Steam has a login name you can't change except it lets you change the display name everyone sees instantly and as often as you want, which resulted in the most hilariously bad scam attempt I've ever seen
What scam attempt was that?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Playing Wildlands and Watch Dogs 2 has convinced me that more modern games need drones. It's so satisfying sitting up on high with a rifle, spotting everyone with that tiny little drone, then going to town.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Samurai Sanders posted:

i saw one where a guy was trying to scam like a counter strike knife. the owner said like "its my friends so i cant let you see it" or something. the scammer said "whats your friends name?" the guy told him and the scammer changed his name and was like "hey its me, your friend, you should give that knife to *scammer name*"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think peoples opinions of bioware games has ultimately cemented in my mind that a lot of gamers are mostly just invested in brands

Ryoga posted:

still no username changes, still no way to pin items to the main dashboard. Gonna go ahead with assuming there will be more ads now too.

what ads are you talking about? :confused:

Samurai Sanders posted:

http://imgur.com/562v8W4

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 10, 2017

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

rabidsquid posted:

i think peoples opinions of bioware games has ultimately cemented in my mind that a lot of gamers are mostly just invested in brands

Do you have a favorable opinion of their recent games?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This was it. "its me ur brother" has become a running joke between me and my actual brother

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"it's be ur brother" will forever be burned into my brain

Rinkles posted:

Do you have a favorable opinion of their recent games?

i thought DAI was okay until i got hit with the bug that ended all party banter and the game became like that old curt schilling produced game, a single player mmo that was mostly totally silent. i got bored and couldn't finish ME3 and i got killed during a conversation in MEA and set that down indefinitely.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Any suggestions for a good wireless headset that works with the PS4 that isn't really expensive?

I have the Sony Golds and don't find them comfortable and my son wants them so I figure now's a good time to get myself a new pair. I want true wireless (no plugging into the controller) and I don't want to spend more than $100 or so.

So far I'm looking at these https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0148NPJ78/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1 but I'm curious as to what everyone else uses in that price range.

Thanks

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Those cheapass Logitech wireless headsets they sell at Target for like $20 are legit just as good as anything you'll spend $100 on.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Is it normal in Just Cause 3 to see the save icon appear, then exit the game to the main menu, and then come back later to find that your game didn't actually save? Between this and having to play the game entirely in offline mode it's kinda nuts how buggy this game is in the first few hours alone.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nickoten posted:

Is it normal in Just Cause 3 to see the save icon appear, then exit the game to the main menu, and then come back later to find that your game didn't actually save? Between this and having to play the game entirely in offline mode it's kinda nuts how buggy this game is in the first few hours alone.

I deleted that drat game. I loved JC2 and after figuring out that going offline makes the load times not suicide-inducing, I still was like "you know what, gently caress this, they're still selling DLC for this broken rear end game"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Digirat posted:

This was it. "its me ur brother" has become a running joke between me and my actual brother

At the record store I used to work at "I gotta go call my brother" was our euphemism for taking a poo poo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Everybody's Golf comes out worldwide this month and Sony Japan just put out this 9 minute long overview video of every mode and feature in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr-TV_lbMr0

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

can you swing with the stick or is it just the old power bar style

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hellblade aint bad by any means, but after a couple hours I can't say it's exactly grabbing me either. Great presentation, and the combat is decently fun even if it's super simple. Can't say I really care much about whats going on though, and it has just been repeating the same boring, pace killing puzzle over and over since the beginning. Hopefully my mind is changed by the end but atm I'm finding it a little bit on the dull side.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Are you wearing headphones?

And yeah, if you don't really care about the story, the game doesn't have much to offer. Especially if you don't like the puzzles. I loved the puzzles.

Also the combat. If you're bored with the combat, check out the big effort post I just made about it in the Hellblade thread, maybe some flashier moves will make it more fun...

Otherwise, sorry you're not into. It's definitely gonna be one of those games where some people just won't gel with it.

I say just come back to it sometime when you're in the mood for something slower paced. The fact that you call the puzzles "pace killing" makes it seem like you're in the mood for something faster. It's not a particularly fast-paced game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's not the that they are slow, it's more that it's always the same gimmick, that feels more like I'm just wandering around till I hit the right spot than something to solve.

I don't hate it. Can't say I'm head over heels for it either at this point though.

The main thing I do really like is the subtle mind gently caress stuff it does all the time. The game has genuinely made me question if I saw what I thought I saw on multiple occasions and never really officially confirmed it, which is really rad.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Aug 10, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

It's not the that they are slow, it's more that it's always the same gimmick, that feels more like I'm just wandering around till I hit the right spot than something to solve.

How far are you?

But you shouldn't have to be just wandering around. As soon as you enter an area, so should be able to have a general idea of what you need to do. I like the puzzles because are neat but you don't beat your head against them. They just naturally progress. The level design is quite good, and no space is wasted, so if you haven't used a part of the level yet, that's the part you need to use.

edit: ^ yeah on the subtle stuff. I'm on my second playthrough, and I discovered at least one new thing that I didn't get on my first playthrough, which immediately makes me question if I missed anything else...

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

rabidsquid posted:

the bug that ended all party banter

...what party banter?
Admittedly I have already been playing it like a single player mmo / idle clicker game when tired and hungover but are my party members supposed to be having conversations when we are out in the world?

I figured because I use the same guys every mission they ran out of things to day before we even got to skyhold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Policenaut posted:

Everybody's Golf comes out worldwide this month and Sony Japan just put out this 9 minute long overview video of every mode and feature in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr-TV_lbMr0

I am so dang ready for this. I just finished Horizon Zero Dawn and want some silly golf in my life.