Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

i like it but i havent played it enough times to really make a verdict. if the time travelling were instant it'd be a 10x better game imo.

Instant as in just travelling as soon as you hit the sign? disagree. But I do think if you hit the sign going full speed you should time travel in less time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

it's weird to me that every Sonic fan game dork in the world seems to have settled on Sonic CD as the truest form of Sonic game

They're all smart and cool

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Evil Eagle posted:

Instant as in just travelling as soon as you hit the sign? disagree. But I do think if you hit the sign going full speed you should time travel in less time.

no as in no cutscene

edit: the full speed sign thing sounds really cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

no as in no cutscene

Oh definitely. It's loading times though and they're way shorter in the 2011 version.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
i could swear i bought cd 2011 on a humble bundle which brings me to my problem with the keys as i cant find them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

find the key. it's such an improvement from the original imo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

not sure if ive ever posted this opinion but sonic is aids and i hope everyone that enjoys being hosed in the rear end by multiple men at once with no protection enjoy the new game :tipshat:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

trying to jack off posted:

not sure if ive ever posted this opinion but sonic is aids and i hope everyone that enjoys being hosed in the rear end by multiple men at once with no protection enjoy the new game :tipshat:

I will

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

boring troll

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
yeah whatever [tries cracking knuckles but feels a bit of pain and stops before anything happens] i dont care about your lovely burns man im calm

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ArfJason posted:

boring troll

All the iz sonic haters say the same thing over and over.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks to Hatsune Miku I'm a SEGA freak now who loves the product.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

6 days to go until my mind gets blown by sonic mania

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

it's weird to me that every Sonic fan game dork in the world seems to have settled on Sonic CD as the truest form of Sonic game

It was an only-sonic game when people were getting tired of all of the new characters being introduced in every game. Also something about naoto oshima's own version of a sonic sequel. And then there's stardust speedway bad future level music. So good!

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

ArfJason posted:

yeah whatever [tries cracking knuckles but feels a bit of pain and stops before anything happens] i dont care about your lovely burns man im calm

Lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

I love going so fast his feet blur making a sideways 8 lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i feel like sonic advance 2 and 3 were games i played in a fever dream and didnt actually exist but they did

its advance 1 but with a huge focus on speeding through race course like levels, but you still can only see 3 feet in front of sonic so until you memorize the course you just die and slam into traps a lot. i wont say its bad but it was a loving weird game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
every time i replay sonic cd i lean a little more towards not actually liking it but the art and music will always be extremely good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

extremebuff posted:

i feel like sonic advance 2 and 3 were games i played in a fever dream and didnt actually exist but they did

its advance 1 but with a huge focus on speeding through race course like levels, but you still can only see 3 feet in front of sonic so until you memorize the course you just die and slam into traps a lot. i wont say its bad but it was a loving weird game

sounds liek a traditional sonic game to me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

sounds liek a traditional sonic game to me

You're right.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Advance 2 is a boost game without boost

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Advance 2 is a boost game without boost

It definitely started the trend of not so good to bad Dimps sonic games

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I didnt like sonic cd. I think it's the worst of that era. 3k is best

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Overbite posted:

I didnt like sonic cd. I think it's the worst of that era. 3k is best

Agreed

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If we were just talking about the original releases I'd probably agree. But the 2011 version of CD is so good that it overtook S3&K as my favorite. Right now my least favorite is probably Sonic 2 but they're all great games.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Sonic 1 is not good imo. Every time ive tried to replay it it filled me with dread.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really like the 3D classics version that M2 released on 3DS.

Soral
May 30, 2009

blue sphere is the best special stage... the half-pipe is probably the worst

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Soral posted:

blue sphere is the best special stage... the half-pipe is probably the worst

gamer nod

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
gently caress blue spheres!!!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHpcmI69b5U

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA9zwpMj_8A

the animated intro. I had to watch it

Soral
May 30, 2009

this is so incredible

Soral
May 30, 2009

i love video games so much im going to cry

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm not gonna watch it so I can save it for Tuesday morning.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Soral posted:

i love video games so much im going to cry

same my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

PC release delayed 2 weeks I'm mad as gently caress

• Locked thread