Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Lakers signed "Stephen Zimmerman" and something called "VJ Beachem" which is the coolest name I've ever heard

Tae posted:

You people arguing about jersery ads while gordan hayward is excited that they're going to introduce Esports to the Paris Olympics

Wow, never thought about it like that before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's not an argument it's a statement of acceptance of a policy change in which you were given no option either way.

I watch the games and think it makes the jerseys look uglier and low rent. Everything in every arena is covered in ads and it's of no great benefit to either advertiser or the team. A team like the Lakers could cut advertising space by 50% and say, this is the only place in an NBA arena where your brand can be, pay us money.

Another square inch of branding is a one time money grab and then ad spending remains the same, unless they want NBA arenas to be the Yellow pages, with ads for every single business in their city.

Yeah! Yeah!

They make teams look tacky and amateurish and it's annoying that things are being made deliberately uglier so I can have yet another visual reminder that Russell Westbrook is brought to me by Geico

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lakers signed "Stephen Zimmerman" and something called "VJ Beachem" which is the coolest name I've ever heard

Wow, never thought about it like that before

Beachem played for Notre Dame and did pretty well there. Constantly improved each year, but didn't really show up in the last NCAA tourney.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I don't care about uniform patches, but I do expect uniforms and logos to look stylish, or classic, or retro - something good.

That new Nuggets uni is pretty weak. Not as bad as the Clippers, but meh.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
NOOO

https://twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/895378559258300416

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
lookin good jj

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

He just lost all his power like Samson.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-warriors-target-paul-george-free-agency/#LstjGyCkMp0mmWpM.97

gently caress everything.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

They'd basically have to renounce KD + every other free agent and also trade Iguodala, so

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadspin has a nice article about Doris Burke up. Nothing earth shattering but it's nice to read peoples good opinions on Doris.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

morestuff posted:

They'd basically have to renounce KD + every other free agent and also trade Iguodala, so

Trading in two guys with two first names for one guy with two first names seems like a good increase in efficiency to me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Philippines does this right

This season I'm rooting for the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
You are the Brooklyn Nets and you finally have your first round pick. Who do you pick: the next Young Steph Curry or Young Hakeem Olajuwan?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

zoux posted:

Deadspin has a nice article about Doris Burke up. Nothing earth shattering but it's nice to read peoples good opinions on Doris.

I don't think I've ever read bad opinions on Doris Burke

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

You are the Brooklyn Nets and you finally have your first round pick. Who do you pick: the next Young Steph Curry or Young Hakeem Olajuwan?

With everyone going small young hakeem would be the perfect center so him

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Hakeem would probably be draining 3s like a pro if he started today, also he played hoop while not even drinking water for Ramadan whereas Steph Curry needs flavored mouthguards to get through a game. Easily Hakeem

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mmmmmmm Doris Burke...

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

That's a good commercial, I'll purchase something from you very soon Footlocker.

Also ads aren't so bad that I'll bitch about them. If they mean less commercials on TV I'm all for them. I already watch soccer and forget about the ads on jerseys pretty easily.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I always end up staring at IT wobbling back and forth in the background in this gif. It's kind of hypnotizing.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The new NBA schedule is designed to curb the issue of resting players
https://sports.yahoo.com/2017-18-nba-schedule-designed-curb-issue-resting-players-152525909.html

"By shortening the preseason and moving the start of the regular season up one week to Oct. 17, the league has completely eliminated stretches of 18 games in 30 days and four games in five nights (there were 21 such instances in 2016-17). Additionally, the number of back-to-back games from last year’s total of 482 has been reduced by almost 10 percent (on average, about one fewer per team)."

Why the Chicago Bulls Will Never Win Another NBA Championship
https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/why-the-chicago-bulls-will-never-win-another-nba-championship.html/?a=viewall

The ultimate dream: Picking the best team from 25 years of Dream Teams
https://sports.yahoo.com/picking-dream-team-25-years-dream-teams-132429924.html

Point guard: 1992 Magic Johnson
Shooting guard: 1992 Michael Jordan
Small forward: 2012 LeBron James
Power forward: 2016 Kevin Durant
Center: 1996 David Robinson

Bigs: 1992 Charles Barkley, 1996 Shaquille O’Neal
Wings: 1992 Scottie Pippen, 2008 Dwyane Wade, 2012 Carmelo Anthony
Ball-handlers: 1996 Gary Payton, 2008 Chris Paul

EMC posted:

...every player on our local team also has a player sponsor that they read out in the pregame, it is horrendous. Casey "Big John's Roller Doors' Prather

:lol:

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I always end up staring at IT wobbling back and forth in the background in this gif. It's kind of hypnotizing.

Avery Johnson?

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

its bullshit Kawakami is just flinging the poo for his new podcast business

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Steph is unique, but Hakeem would absolutely own today's NBA. Gotta go with the Dream.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Zogo posted:

Avery Johnson?

Well poo poo. Don't know how I confused those two.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Zogo posted:

The new NBA schedule is designed to curb the issue of resting players
https://sports.yahoo.com/2017-18-nba-schedule-designed-curb-issue-resting-players-152525909.html

"By shortening the preseason and moving the start of the regular season up one week to Oct. 17, the league has completely eliminated stretches of 18 games in 30 days and four games in five nights (there were 21 such instances in 2016-17). Additionally, the number of back-to-back games from last year’s total of 482 has been reduced by almost 10 percent (on average, about one fewer per team)."

I'm glad the NBA is recognizing that back-to-backs suck, but a 10% reduction is a bullshit thing for the league to crow about when the length of the season allows for the NBA to schedule 0 back-to-backs.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I will cheer when Popovich rests his guys anyway.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Yeah I'm taking Hakeem no matter the era

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

I will cheer when Popovich rests his guys anyway.

as we all should

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The NBA really just needed to fix the problem of teams resting their stars during big prime time games. This is especially frustrating if you live in Europe like I do. Speaking from personal experience but it was frustrating to get together with friends on a Sunday to watch a game from the day before (no one wants to stay up till 6 am to watch the game live) only to realize none of the big name players played . If this fixes that then good.

I also fully expect Pop to rest his guys just to spite the NBA.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

If he is as awed as I am about this woman navigating flawlessly on high heels, well

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
supposedly the Sixers are playing the Knicks at MSG on Christmas day.

will I finally have a good Christmas?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Stevie Lee posted:

supposedly the Sixers are playing the Knicks at MSG on Christmas day.

will I finally have a good Christmas?

Depends if Embiid stays healthy that long.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Here ya go metapod connect the dots
https://youtu.be/TUIXERR_vp8

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Lids has a $10-15 cap sale right now:

https://www.lids.com/nba-headwear-sale-ten/

$15 for Championship caps.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i bought some snap backs last time they had a 10$ hat sale. they are hilariously tall, im glad dad hats are taking over

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Original Celtic shirt with non-discreet, but inoffensive ad and Monster golazo haha https://streamable.com/xliy9

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN
There's a giant painting of Dwayne Schintzius at the University of Oregon.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

EMC posted:

The NBL uniforms in Australia are loving gross, every player on our local team also has a player sponsor that they read out in the pregame, it is horrendous. Casey "Big John's Roller Doors' Prather

Mr. Submarine presents Scottie Pippen, "ladies let's have a party" he says

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

EMC posted:

The NBL uniforms in Australia are loving gross, every player on our local team also has a player sponsor that they read out in the pregame, it is horrendous. Casey "Big John's Roller Doors' Prather

That is heinous anus

• Locked thread