Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Everyone take a deep breath, close your eyes and try to imagine Trump attempting to de-escalate the situation after NK launches a warning missile at Guam

It ain't gonna happen. That's war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Your Taint posted:

No, they're just gonna punch the ocean. They hate the fuckin ocean.

Worked for Xerxes, didn't it?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Blitz7x posted:

Everyone take a deep breath, close your eyes and try to imagine Trump attempting to de-escalate the situation after NK launches a warning missile at Guam

It ain't gonna happen. That's war

North Korea shooting missiles into the water near Guam would be a legitimate crisis that I'd be nervous about with a competent administration, so... yeah.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I really think Trump is too much of a weenie to push for war with North Korea. He can't even fire people in person.

Considering NK is like nearly 6,000 miles away, I think it's all the more reason he would do such a thing.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/StephenAtHome/status/895413518345711618

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Hmm. Will Colbert beat him up or are they going to do the typical bullshit late night stuff.

Could go either way since mooch has no power anymore.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

hanales posted:

Hmm. Will Colbert beat him up or are they going to do the typical bullshit late night stuff.

Could go either way since mooch has no power anymore.

They will have someone who sounds like Reince Priebus call in to rub his divorce in the Mooch's face.

And then a Bannon soundalike [garbled speech].

Who calls themselves the Mooch anyway.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
lol

quote:

Murray, the Democrat who negotiated the 2013 budget pact, said she would oppose the terms that the White House is floating.

"He promised during the campaign he was going to build a wall paid for by Mexico," Murray said. "Until I see that promise, it's going nowhere.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

From the same piece:

quote:

“Look, there are places where the wall makes sense, and there are places where the wall doesn’t make sense and there are better options,” said Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.), who represents a state that Trump carried by 20 points in the election. “So I’ll just take a look at it and see.”

Great messaging there, Dems.:yum:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

100% agree. I have no idea what the D&D mods do.

Drink mainly.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I vow to keep posting with you all as the nuclear bombs rain down

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Majorian posted:

From the same piece:

yes, we know, you'd rather have GOP senators than conservative Democratic senators

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Fans posted:

Drink mainly.

I quit drinking and started :420:

I am much more chill now

:c00lbert:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Majorian posted:

From the same piece:

All that mountain air makes one light headed you gently caress.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Majorian posted:

From the same piece:

Great posting there, Majorian.:yum:

Caros
May 14, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

yes, we know, you'd rather have GOP senators than conservative Democratic senators

He's not even entirely wrong. There are actually places the wall makes some semblance of sense. Just not the whole loving border.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I thought he was going to bomb them with opioids

Unless I took the wrong summary from today's news items

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

No you see Dems can only win by endorsing completely open borders. Except for trade. Boo trade.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Data Graham posted:

I thought he was going to bomb them with opioids

Unless I took the wrong summary from today's news items

Don't they have marijuana growing pretty much everywhere?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
In a way, walls are like mountains.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Ogmius815 posted:

No you see Dems can only win by endorsing completely open borders. Except for trade. Boo trade.

D&D 2017.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Fans posted:

Drink mainly.

Literally 34 pages later. They drink fast and post slow.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So do the Japanese and Koreans have any way to protect themselves from an attack by the North? I remember reading that there are bunkers in South Korea

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

In a way, walls are like mountains.

In the sense that the only real ones are in Montana?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Caros posted:

He's not even entirely wrong. There are actually places the wall makes some semblance of sense. Just not the whole loving border.

Conveniently, we already have a wall or fence at pretty much all of those and then some. :v:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Conveniently, we already have a wall or fence at pretty much all of those and then some. :v:

Do we?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Willo567 posted:

So do the Japanese and Koreans have any way to protect themselves from an attack by the North? I remember reading that there are bunkers in South Korea

South Korea has a large and extremely well trained and equipped military with the backing of a poo poo ton of reserve and paramilitary forces.

Japan has far less but they're on an island so don't need to worry about an invasion.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

South Korea has a large and extremely well trained and equipped military with the backing of a poo poo ton of reserve and paramilitary forces.

Japan has far less but they're on an island so don't need to worry about an invasion.

The implication was of a nuclear attack.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I meant more in terms of "do citizens have anywhere to evacuate to"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
oh. I dunno.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico%E2%80%93United_States_barrier

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Willo567 posted:

I meant more in terms of "do citizens have anywhere to evacuate to"

Japanese toilets are really nice.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Japanese toilets are really nice.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Japan has less a problem with a NK invasion and more a problem with NK infiltration. A major NK military action would include spies and commandos structure hitting Japanese infrastructure, especially nuclear facilities, and terror attacks. That's why most defense against NK in Japan is handled by the National Police Agency.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

What in that opening paragraph suggest that everywhere there could be a wall, is a wall?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Despera posted:

What in that opening paragraph suggest that everywhere there could be a wall, is a wall?

......that wasn't what was being responded to. It was that it makes sense to have a wall in some locations. Amazingly enough where a wall makes sense we pretty much already built a wall.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
This is the mission with a really restrictive timer. If the timer runs out kerrigan dies offscreen.

This is not fully a challenge of strength. And even if it is, the problem is not one you can solve by just throwing all the strength at it. In that respect it is like every problem ever.

I can't help but observe that none of us here are expressing any particularly informed views as to the actual psychology of the north Korean oligarchy. We have really bad information on what anyone in that entire country even wants to do. It's really weird.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Mulva posted:

......that wasn't what was being responded to. It was that it makes sense to have a wall in some locations. Amazingly enough where a wall makes sense we pretty much already built a wall.

So there are 1400 miles of natural barriers? Mmmkay

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Despera posted:

So there are 1400 miles of natural barriers? Mmmkay

Don't be glib.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I dont see the point of arguing the factual truth of something a dem said in a state trump won by 20 points but whatever gets your jollys

• Locked thread