Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

So is leaning into your lovely posting your new gimmick now

I have no idea what you mean. I'm one of the best posters in TRP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

PirateBob posted:

Chicharito will be some seriously good value for money, I wager. Can't wait to see him score against us on Sunday.

He is trash

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Is he? He always had a pretty great goal per minutes ratio in the PL, and I thought he did pretty well in Germany before he had a 20 game run without scoring or something.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I'm not feeling Chicharito. One season wonder as a poacher, no good if the rest of your front six aren't as good as the other team's back six

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AHunterGuardian/status/895379199350931457
New bid for Coutinho officially submitted and apparently rejected immediately.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Liverpool should hire this guy.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Hoops posted:

no good if the rest of your front six aren't as good as the other team's back six

He scored loads for United back when their midfield was absolute dogshit. The goals-to-minutes stat that people bring up with him is a bit misleading but I think he'll be more than fine at West Ham. Their problem last year as that they didn't have a reliable finisher. They don't need someone who can create their own chances, just someone who can poach.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Diva Cupcake posted:

It was €85m plus €15m in addons lmao. Barcelona are real bad at this.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Moktaro posted:

Liverpool should hire this guy.

They already did back in 2011

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Still B.A.E posted:

Why would you say take it then? That's the entire issue with the transfer from Liverpool's point of view, as others have been saying. Liverpool don't need money, we need to build a good squad. FSG don't seem afraid to spend, but the club does seem to have a problem attracting top level players, and selling our best players every few years isn't conducive to either building a squad that can challenge in the league and Europe, or attracting top players. You can have all the money in the world to spend, but it means gently caress all if you can't bring in anything other than middle of the road players.
I 100% agree, its just hard to update an understanding of what that money gets. It sounds like so much but its clearly not anymore. I can't believe Mane for 34m was last season :iiam:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/895402655199133697

Barca have gone mad

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Danny Rose has found it reasonable to give the sun an exclusive interview 4 days before the season. What a mess.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

gtkor posted:

Danny Rose has found it reasonable to give the sun an exclusive interview 4 days before the season. What a mess.

lol looks like a belter

He is determined to get the most out of his career in terms of ‘medals, trophies and salary’.
He is adamant he will play in his native north before he calls it a day.
He fears Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United have too much strength in depth.
He wants Spurs to sign two or three players ‘you would not have to Google and ask ‘who’s he?’
He was hit hard by Kyle Walker’s £54m sale to City and urged the club not to sell.
He is sick of hearing that he had ‘two left feet’ before Mauricio Pochettino arrived at Spurs.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Makes sense. Spurs do not pay the highest wages, haven't won poo poo in years, adapting to new stadium, no signings...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If Spurs become anything like 2006-2013 Arsenal, it's going to own.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

JFairfax posted:

He is sick of hearing that he had ‘two left feet’ before Mauricio Pochettino arrived at Spurs.

You're left footed that's a compliment you numpty

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are PSG getting mbappe?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

That's not even half a Neymar. They already had unlimited money and now they have even more.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

wicka posted:

It will not imo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I hope Barca sign Coutinho if only to see EvilHawk's reaction.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Newcastle are signing Chelsea racist Kenedy on loan, lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

JFairfax posted:

lol looks like a belter

He is determined to get the most out of his career in terms of ‘medals, trophies and salary’.
He is adamant he will play in his native north before he calls it a day.
He fears Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United have too much strength in depth.
He wants Spurs to sign two or three players ‘you would not have to Google and ask ‘who’s he?’
He was hit hard by Kyle Walker’s £54m sale to City and urged the club not to sell.

This is all fair tbh.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Newcastle are signing Chelsea racist Kenedy on loan, lol

cool

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

wicka posted:

That would be a huge step up for them.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

He scored loads for United back when their midfield was absolute dogshit. The goals-to-minutes stat that people bring up with him is a bit misleading but I think he'll be more than fine at West Ham. Their problem last year as that they didn't have a reliable finisher. They don't need someone who can create their own chances, just someone who can poach.

Noted dog poo poo midfielders Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Valencia and Mata.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

wicka posted:

There is too much money going around the premier league now for a new stadium to cripple a club financially like it did with Arsenal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
rose probably wouldn't have given that interview had spurs signed any players

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

MrBling posted:

There is too much money going around the premier league now for a new stadium to cripple a club financially like it did with Arsenal.

There's so much money going round the premier league now that anyone known for their economic nous could easily be caught out like it did with Arsenal. Levy is known for being king of the good deal but the goalposts of a good deal just moved by nearly £100m.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Noted dog poo poo midfielders Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Valencia and Mata.

Don't forget future world record transfer Pogba.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
It is shocking how quickly Pogba's gone from an outrageous fee to just 'about right for a really good player'.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
So apparently Willian's agents were talking to Utd yesterday.

If thats true than that basically turns Utd into title favourites id say

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I still think city are ahead of them, just on the basis that I don't think United will score enough goals to keep up with them.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

It was a story referencing earlier in the summer and ends with Willian saying he's happy in Chelsea so Man U fans hoping to buy enough Chelsea cast offs to become competitive again will have to wait.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't like him much but that would be a cool signing

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
He's second to Pedro but yeah definitely good enough for United.

Anyhow here's the report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation...lks-with-united

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

CyberPingu posted:

Why does signing Chelsea's squad players make United better than them?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

sassassin posted:

Why does signing Chelsea's squad players make United better than them?

Because they're paying vastly more for them than Chelsea did, obviously.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We are apparently signing Jose Izquierdo (is queer tho) from Club Brugge for £13m looks to be a speed merchant.

Got a feeling the permit will fail though with only 1 international cap for Columbia.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

We are apparently signing Jose Izquierdo (is queer tho) from Club Brugge for £13m looks to be a speed merchant.

Got a feeling the permit will fail though with only 1 international cap for Columbia.

I think if you pay over £10m they get a work permit regardless as long as they are from a half decent country, something weird like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Hammers are going after William Carvalho, which means Snodgrass would be on the way out, so that would be a win-win.

• Locked thread