Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

maskenfreiheit posted:

i'm a redditor - i never click to the end :smug:

I mean, it's in the title of the imgur gallery as well but redditors dont read either so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

A Pinball Wizard posted:

I mean, it's in the title of the imgur gallery as well but redditors dont read either so

as a millenial i think you should praise me for the effort rather than focus on like, all these things

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
as a cyberpunk i think i should gut you with my katana

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

as a cyberpunk i think i should gut you with my katana

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
its my dads birthday today. do you goons have any recs for dadpunk? it will eventually make its way to me

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

5D AUTISM SPEX posted:

its my dads birthday today. do you goons have any recs for dadpunk? it will eventually make its way to me

buy him a running man dvd

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

maskenfreiheit posted:

buy him a running man dvd laserdisc

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
minidisc is the most cyberpunk imo

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Silver Alicorn posted:

having the data in your head instead of your childhood memories is a close second

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
They claim not to be able to afford a living space larger than 12 sq. ft., but did you notice that almost all of them have a TV?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Boiled Water posted:

having the data in your head instead of your childhood memories is a close second

neural seepage

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

at the date posted:

They claim not to be able to afford a living space larger than 12 sq. ft., but did you notice that almost all of them have a TV?

Damned lucky duckies!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

an american-sized 500-600 square foot apartment in hong kong in a reasonably central location is like 10000 usd a month

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

more on that brain vr thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47WHqDNckI8

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

minidisc or UMD

UMD is doubly good because it's a dead corporate-designed format, very dystopia

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

nah umd has too rounded edges

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

nah, cyberpunk can def include weird smooth edged shapes as part of industrial design

even the classic beigebox CRT has nice curved shapes. it's about smooth shapes and hard angular designs being put together with no concern

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

super rounded edges mean high tech corp goods so it fits well, especially if the plastic is white

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

well why not posted:

minidisc or UMD

UMD is doubly good because it's a dead corporate-designed format, very dystopia

UMD was too cool to exist in reality :(

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
dreamcast VMU is the superior data storage format

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i think its brainwashing him into thinking theres a booger on his upper lip

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

actually the most cyberpunk storage would be someone on a skateboard delivering a floppy disk

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

5D AUTISM SPEX posted:

i bought my dad a nintendo and zelda and mario kart and he called and said it was okay

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Silver Alicorn posted:

actually the most cyberpunk storage would be someone on a skateboard delivering a floppy disk

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Do new computers even come with disc drives anymore? I mean like CD/DVD drives I know the floppy drive is dead and gone.
I bought my pc in like 2009 and can't even remember the last time I opened the dvd drive. They can't have long left. All the kids are streaming now, my gandkids love that netflix thing and youtube

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
macintosh brand personal computers do not.

most of the others do, unless they're actually good

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

of my 2 laptops, the consumer class lenovo didn't have one(but you can only get recovery media for it on a DVD :v: ) and my "mobile workstation" dell precision does have one.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i don't own a single piece of optical media

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

well why not posted:

i don't own a single piece of optical media

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Silver Alicorn posted:

actually the most cyberpunk storage would be someone on a skateboard rollerskates delivering a floppy disk

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

quote:

According to the study. drivers manipulate Uber's algorithm by logging out of the app at the same time, making it think that there is a shortage of cars.

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2017/08/uber_drivers_ha.html

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

actually the most cyberpunk storage would be someone on a skateboard rollerblades delivering a floppy disk

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I have old optical media lying around but I haven't actually bought one in at least a year and the only optical drive I have left is in the ps4

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Silver Alicorn posted:

actually the most cyberpunk storage would be someone on a skateboard rollerskates rollerblades delivering a floppy disk

E: :argh:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

angry_keebler posted:

i bought my dad a nintendo and zelda and mario kart and he called and said it was okay

i ended up getting him reamde so i could read it later

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

haveblue posted:

I have old optical media lying around but I haven't actually bought one in at least a year and the only optical drive I have left is in the ps4

I still buy lots of cds but they've gone past the point where they're all super cheap and even reasonably rare stuff is heading back up in price

Admiral Crackbar
Jan 4, 2012

They'll go the way of cassette tapes eventually. Even bluray was kind of too little too late, it lost out to streaming and download services before it could really catch on.

I still use optical media at work occasionally, but our last batch of purchased laptops was lacking dvd drives (HPs).

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I bought a new blu ray today & watched it

honestly I am disappointed they didn't keep the caddys

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

like larger UMD/minidisc/MO disc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Admiral Crackbar posted:

They'll go the way of cassette tapes eventually. Even bluray was kind of too little too late, it lost out to streaming and download services before it could really catch on.

I still use optical media at work occasionally, but our last batch of purchased laptops was lacking dvd drives (HPs).

oh poo poo now you've done it, here come the home theater nerds and videophiles

• Locked thread