Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Khal Drogo is still alive right

That actor's role in GOT made him right? Because he got popular really fast, or did he do something before that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

That actor's role in GOT made him right? Because he got popular really fast, or did he do something before that

Are you not familiar with his work in Stargate: Atlantis?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

He is staring in a DC movie.

As Aquaman.

Sooo.... Kinda sorta?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

Are you not familiar with his work in Stargate: Atlantis?

Still haven't seen that or The Wire how bad am I loving us

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Still haven't seen that or The Wire how bad am I loving us

I'm now just starting Deadwood, and Justified.

:respek:

:smith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Häng on, the children of the forest created the white walkers, but THEN fought them together with the first men? Cave painting excursion had me confused for a second.

Also, the Lannisters were the richest house in westeros for hundreds of years, until the crown borrowed stupid amounts of gold from them, before they, in turn also spent stupid amounts of gold AS the de facto royal family, to the point where they iron bank ludicrous amounts of gold, and then somehow the Tyrells had enough cash in their vaults to pay off the entirety of the crown's debt?

The gently caress?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
what happened to deadwood will be written down as a crime against humanity in the annals

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
cocksuckers

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The children created the white walkers to fight off man originally, but they were beyond the children's control so they ended up teaming with man to fight back.

Also the crown had been making payments on the debt it isn't like they had defaulted at any point.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also the crown had been making payments on the debt it isn't like they had defaulted at any point.

I think it was ambiguous in the show but the crown is definitely in default in the books.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, between the crown owing the Lannisters a fuckton of money, and Tyrion saying the gold mines of Casterly Rocks had run dry several years ago, and that the Lannisters themselves were heavily in debt to the iron bank, it really seemed to me that they'd been running red numbers for a long while, and the only reason the iron bank never collected was their backing of the crown for power reasons.

Speaking of the iron bank backing someone for power reasons, was it ever brought up by the Lannisters that the iron bank backed Stannis to essentially overthrow them?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hoopleheads.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Häng on, the children of the forest created the white walkers, but THEN fought them together with the first men? Cave painting excursion had me confused for a second.

Also, the Lannisters were the richest house in westeros for hundreds of years, until the crown borrowed stupid amounts of gold from them, before they, in turn also spent stupid amounts of gold AS the de facto royal family, to the point where they iron bank ludicrous amounts of gold, and then somehow the Tyrells had enough cash in their vaults to pay off the entirety of the crown's debt?

The gently caress?

The Lannister gold was going to the Tyrells to buy food and keep Kings landing fed. It's the same money.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The gently caress?

Same concept as AI. We create it to make life better. It evolves, turns on us, world becomes killbot hellsacpe.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

That tease with Nymeria was complete bullshit but I guess it just means she's gonna show up and save Arya at some point. Why else would they even bother. Also holy gently caress that bit where misandei was like "Oh lol it could mean prince OR princess" was loving painfully stupid

Nymeria's scene could've just been fan service. The books had several mentions of a direwolf leading a pack of normal wolves and wrecking poo poo.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

This is what I'm clinging to.

There's some theorycrafting on the return of syrio and how he's Jaquen, and my girlfriend sent me a video a friend of hers was chewing her ear off over, which involves some elaborate theory on how Tyrion is actually going to ride a dragon alongside dany, but I haven't gotten around to watch it yet, because lol

Arya says "no one" taught her how to fight. So is groupthink that it's a generic "no one" meaning he's another faceless man, but not the same one?

Bolow posted:

Not sure how I feel about Dr. Branhattan

:lol:

M_Gargantua posted:

Going to guess now that the season will end with the night king besieging Winterfell.

It's an odd-numbered season and ALL the Starks are there.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 9, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wasn't there a bunch of rumors over Tyrion flying a dragon? Something about him on a green screen with one or some poo poo, or was that all bs?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Syrio isnt a faceless man or alive otherwise Trent would have been dead.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I thought the "no one" response was pretty straightforward 🤔

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah. Syrio taught her some basic stuff, but you can't say she was even close to being a real fighter when she left him. The faceless men were the ones that really taught her combat and turned her into a killer.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'd love to see Syrio again but they just didn't make a big enough fuss of his char to imply to me he'll be coming back or anything. Plus the show was still early on and they were probably still figuring out some timeline stuff idk

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Sylvio is Jaquen, confirmed :tinfoil:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah. Syrio taught her some basic stuff, but you can't say she was even close to being a real fighter when she left him. The faceless men were the ones that really taught her combat and turned her into a killer.

The faceless men taught her how to use a stick with both hands. Everything she did with Needle against Brienne was water-dancer stuff. Edit: I wonder if Syrio's face was on the wall in the background at some point as a clue.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Godholio posted:

Edit: I wonder if Syrio's face was on the wall in the background at some point as a clue.

If it were, I'm pretty sure it would have been in a clickbait article by now. Or, poo poo, blatantly broadcast by the showrunners. They can't do subtle.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah people dissect, analyze, and theorize this show more than two-minute Star Wars trailers

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

The faceless men taught her how to use a stick with both hands. Everything she did with Needle against Brienne was water-dancer stuff. Edit: I wonder if Syrio's face was on the wall in the background at some point as a clue.

Syrio didn't teach her poo poo about how to use a knife nor was he able to instill in her the durability to take a kick from brienne to the chest. Although we only saw her fighting with a stick in the house of b&w and when she was on the street, it's pretty safe to assume there was a lot more training that went on. Syrio taught her basic swordplay, but she learned to fight from the faceless men.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's entirely supposition unsupported by anything.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Syrio and knifeplay isn't. He never taught her anything about that.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
are yall really having this argument

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
dont talk poo poo about syrio forreal you bithc

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Arya also tries to swordfight a bunch of people before she goes to braavos and is never shown as being anything more than a useless kid with a sword.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Arya also tries to swordfight a bunch of people before she goes to braavos and is never shown as being anything more than a useless kid with a sword.

Exactly. Syrio was basically a pop-warner coach. You learn some basics and fundamentals, but you really don't learn football till you get to higher levels.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Syrio and knifeplay isn't. He never taught her anything about that.

You're almost certainly right, but it is all assumption. You declare that something that didn't happen on screen didn't happen at all (and you're probably right, he didn't teach her knife work). Then you assume that the faceless men taught her everything even though none of it was shown on screen.

DON'T TAKE AWAY MY DREAMS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Exactly. Syrio was basically a pop-warner coach. You learn some basics and fundamentals, but you really don't learn football till you get to higher levels.

Agreed, disappointing as it is that he didn't do some weird wooden sword fuckery and escape the Red Keep.

This really doesn't mean anything. Her performance at that point was just to move her from point A to point B. The story needed her to go to Braavos and the House of Black and White or whatever, so she needed to be awful.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Spoiler alert...

Syrio is a faceless man; eventually Ari will rip off her face revealing Syrio... Syrio will rip off his face revealing Ned Stark. Ned Stark will rip off his face revealing George RR Martin...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Theorycrafting aside, the scene with Arya and Brienne was choreographed and filmed SO MUCH BETTER than that hilarious sandsnake scene in the water gardens. It's still kinda obvious that a lot of the cutting is done to make Arya seem more proficient in combat than the actor is, but it's still leagues above that bumblefuckery in the water gardens.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

everything sans tits involving them sucked

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

No the part where euron chopped them in half was p good

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

are yall really having this argument

My show about dragons and zombie armies is breaking the laws of reality and I must post about it on the internet.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Godholio posted:

This really doesn't mean anything. Her performance at that point was just to move her from point A to point B. The story needed her to go to Braavos and the House of Black and White or whatever, so she needed to be awful.
Of course it means something. This is a bizarre and pointless thing to argue dude. You can't just arbitrarily decide that poo poo she's seen doing doesn't mean anything because it doesn't fit your lame-rear end fanfic.

e] yea way to prove my point

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 10, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Then Bran is truly the most worthless character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Rickon was the most worthless character but they finally killed his rear end off

This also reminds me from last episode, Bron laughing like an idiot at Dickon's name

• Locked thread