Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Beyond (Maybe? WoFF needs Legend Dives!)
FFT
FFTA
FFTA2
XV
Type0
XI
XIV
X-2
VII-DoC
VII-CC
IV-After Years

Am I missing any other properties they've still got a lot to mine from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
They've already started X-2, XIII-2 and Crisis Core Realm Dungeons in Japan. FFII Dawn of Souls will be the next FFII event with the addition of Scott, and we've already got the final

I'd like to see some more Beyond representation too. I personally want something from the Chocobo Series of games (maybe a playable Chocobo and a Dress Record for Mog), and I'd like Reynn and Lann to get something new.

Other then that, there's XII - Revenant Wings. Kytes, Filo and Llyud for new characters.

I think they'll eventually hit Lightning Returns, maybe the next time they want to give Lightning something new.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Remorse! Remorse!

I got 2/11, uniques for Red XIII and Vincent, and they're pretty bad.

However, I got Cloud BSB2 on my first try on the other banner, so I guess it's karma leveling out.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So are those Lucky Draws really as awful as they look? :stare:

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
yep, seems the initial guesses/datamining proved to be correct.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

For the record, they ARE curated, but not very heavily. Red XIII's Diamond Hairpin (Hastega + Protectga) isn't in the list; I didn't bother checking exhaustively.

Nevermind, yes it is, it's just not sorted with the rest of Red's weapons.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 10, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I mean i wouldn't mind Snow's or Raines' BSBs, but that's what 2/40 chance? ehhhh

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So... there isn't an end date for these dungeons, so far. Has anyone found a mention of an end date?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

iamsosmrt posted:

Pretty sure you should be bringing:
Healer
Tyro
Agrias
Orlandeau
Ramza
RW Cloud

RW Cloud on Agrias, BSBx3.
OSB on Orlandeau then RW Cloud, BSB, whatever strongest poo poo you've got on Belias.
Everyone else, stay in your lane.

That should do it.
Let's give it a try and see...

:stonklol:

Okay, I think that I officially have Too Much Synergy Gear if I can even get full stars on damage medals. I won't be farming this encounter any time soon (power and ice orbs are in the highest demand for me, and II Torment 300 drops the former) but thanks for the suggestions nonetheless. I was even able to get Tyro's LM2! :woop:

Edit: Also I realized that I could've done even more damage overall with the Platinum Shield on Orlandeau, because :downs: Venetian Shield gives out elemental resistances on synergy instead of a holy boost, but oh well.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 10, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

BGrifter posted:

So are those Lucky Draws really as awful as they look? :stare:

Please enjoy the 25 mythril Sucky Draws. :v:

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ick. Pulled Tifa's Crystal Glove.

This is the worst pull I've ever gotten. That includes the months I played before they guaranteed a 5* with every pull.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I mean, if you pull on a banner with uniques that aren't wall you kind of have to accept that risk.

But why would you ever pull on them

It's really a dick move for newer players to put these banners out. Just take the mythril they're giving in the event and sock it away, we have like two fests coming back to back very soon.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Pulling on any of these banners will only lead to regret and sadness. The mere fact that they have any Uniques at all (nevermind no USBs or LMs) means you should stay far, far away.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Zurai posted:

The banners are explicitly curated. The banner images themselves say "Selected 5 star relics", and the announcement text says "There may be some Burst, Super, or Unique Soul Breaks that are not included nor available for this Relic Draw."

Welp, so much for that hypothesis!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Stuff that got curated out: actual good relics from the latest banners.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Attestant posted:

And OSBs and USBs. So its technically accurate!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

Let's give it a try and see...

:stonklol:

Okay, I think that I officially have Too Much Synergy Gear if I can even get full stars on damage medals. I won't be farming this encounter any time soon (power and ice orbs are in the highest demand for me, and II Torment 300 drops the former) but thanks for the suggestions nonetheless. I was even able to get Tyro's LM2! :woop:

Edit: Also I realized that I could've done even more damage overall with the Platinum Shield on Orlandeau, because :downs: Venetian Shield gives out elemental resistances on synergy instead of a holy boost, but oh well.

Nice! I'm glad it worked out. My FFT synergy unfortunately isn't so great. Was able to work my Wind team for a 2 man CM, but I neglected to use a holy attack in time for mastery.

I probably won't farm this, but I could actually use almost every orb one way or another.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

Well, the event post did explicitly say "from before 8/1" and the DoC event was after that cutoff point.

A shame, because a half-price chance at Shelke BSB might have been the nudge I needed to do something stupid. (A shame for DeNA, that is.)

Also, looks like you can 100gem these banners. I can't even bring myself to do that - not after a friend did and got a Silver Barette for their troubles. Ah well, I'll appreciate the free mythril, though I'll still question DeNA's business choices. (Why FF7 when there's a FF7 event literally five feet away? You've basically guaranteed that people are getting multiples of the DoC rewards. I mean, sure, a greater growth egg isn't nothing, but...)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 10, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

To the earlier content discussion, I think this beginner stuff is another way to pad content. I wouldn't be shocked if they say gently caress it down the line and do like a new game+ resetting of the old content anyway. It's not like most events aren't 90% rehashes as it stands.

Also just cleared the D300 3man CM. Also lost no medals. I think generally if you clear it the way I did, you either fail or lose nothing.

Brought:
Cloud (USB, bsb2)
Alphinaud (bsb, SSB)
Ramza (USBx2, BSB)
Mustadio (BSB)
Ovelia (ssb1, ssb2)
RW Zack CSB

Basically ignore the Archies. Put up all the buffs in turn 1, Ovelia then uses magic blink twice for the rest of the fight.

Without imperil wind, I just barely squeeked out enough damage to kill Belias. Had to use the chain to the fullest, maximising Alphinaud's BSB spam to build it up. Ramza's instacast was key to being able to use Clouds final USB at the latest moment possible.

Even then he had maybe 5% left when the chain ended. Had to hit him with everything I had left before the loving Archies got me.

Zurai, I'm actually pretty confident I can farm this almost as efficiently as I've done the Gigases now.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Did the normal side of the VII event and I liked it. Memorable fights from the game while giving out Mythril and VII characters like candy. Think all parts had a different music too? I'd assume new players will like this. Hell I'm liking it. I'll take, what, five times the mythril of a normal event and pull on something else.

Anyone know if the elite side XP dungeon has a good stam/xp ratio for non-RS characters? I'd assume running 5xVII getting 5x150% if not more if using XP RMs is pretty good but my VII CM team doesn't need help right now.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Oh hey that's a good point it'll help me finish up Shelke's levels. It should be low enough difficulty that she can solo it.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
If you pull on any of these newbie trap banners, well, you've been fairly warned here about how lovely they are. No complaints when you end up with only a worthless old gunarm or blitzball.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have Agrias BSB, Orlande OSB and Shout - I'll try these out and see how they do on the 300 Torment. Not too great at dealing with the random trash in the earlier torments though.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
i pulled on the ff7 lucky draw and got clouds bsb2, cids bsb, and a ssb megaphone 📢 :confuoot:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I have Agrias BSB, Orlande OSB and Shout - I'll try these out and see how they do on the 300 Torment. Not too great at dealing with the random trash in the earlier torments though.

I'm not too sure how much damage you'd lose from the (assumed) lack of History's Truth and Chant, but if you have a native wall, RWing Cloud USB lets Agrias's burst make short work of the Archaeodemons. After that it's just the excruciating uphill slog of chewing through Belias's almost one million HP.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I mean, if you pull on a banner with uniques that aren't wall you kind of have to accept that risk.

But why would you ever pull on them

It's really a dick move for newer players to put these banners out. Just take the mythril they're giving in the event and sock it away, we have like two fests coming back to back very soon.

Yeah, it's the stupidest thing ever. Having new players waste their mythril on dated relics is not what they should be doing. This would have been a good time to introduce something like the 30-draw(I know that was for the anniversary thing but still) or the 5-mythril OSB draw or what have you.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

ceaselessfuture posted:

the Global ghetto is real

It's sucks but I comfort with the fact that we get to plan our pulls much better than jp because of the lag

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've been skipping all the torment and jumpstart stuff because it just seems like a pain in the rear end. have i been missing out on anything important besides 5* motes

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
gently caress man, uniques on the lucky draws? Well it's just that much easier to save mythril for ffxi then.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

i've been skipping all the torment and jumpstart stuff because it just seems like a pain in the rear end. have i been missing out on anything important besides 5* motes

D200 torments reward 6* motes to make stuff like Mug Bloodlust and Lifebane. You should give the D200 Torments and jumpstarts a shot if you're set up, they're not usually too challenging and the rewards are good.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Thundercracker posted:

It's sucks but I comfort with the fact that we get to plan our pulls much better than jp because of the lag

I see this argument used all the time but I can't help but wonder if it's used against us, too - especially with the radical restructuring of event order that's gone on recently. "Hyped" banners are moved into a position where they're clustered up; I know with the Cloud USB event being mid-festival, it was like that in JP, too, but it's like... what reason is there to drag the FF4 banner back an entire month if not to put it right next to the equally lucrative FF5 banner (and, assumedly, the next festival)? Some of these rearrangements don't make any sense except to maximize profits by exploiting hype.

Maybe the optimistic take here is that it's arbitrary, that it's random and senseless as opposed to being an attempt to drain wallets.

Heaven Spacey posted:

D200 torments reward 6* motes to make stuff like Mug Bloodlust and Lifebane. You should give the D200 Torments and jumpstarts a shot if you're set up, they're not usually too challenging and the rewards are good.

This is the important part, yeah; if you have a solid team with bursts (or a LOT of hones) then D200 torments aren't too much harder than the bosses we've had at the end of events, they're just a bit of a slog. At the same time, getting Thief motes (or Monk/Dragoon/Spellblade motes, those are the four Good mote skills we currently have access to) opens up a lot of potential for added power, even if it's only at 2 uses for a while.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

I see this argument used all the time but I can't help but wonder if it's used against us, too - especially with the radical restructuring of event order that's gone on recently. "Hyped" banners are moved into a position where they're clustered up; I know with the Cloud USB event being mid-festival, it was like that in JP, too, but it's like... what reason is there to drag the FF4 banner back an entire month if not to put it right next to the equally lucrative FF5 banner (and, assumedly, the next festival)? Some of these rearrangements don't make any sense except to maximize profits by exploiting hype.

Maybe the optimistic take here is that it's arbitrary, that it's random and senseless as opposed to being an attempt to drain wallets.

This is the important part, yeah; if you have a solid team with bursts (or a LOT of hones) then D200 torments aren't too much harder than the bosses we've had at the end of events, they're just a bit of a slog. At the same time, getting Thief motes (or Monk/Dragoon/Spellblade motes, those are the four Good mote skills we currently have access to) opens up a lot of potential for added power, even if it's only at 2 uses for a while.

I probably shouldn't but I've been using spare motes to make skills then shatter them for the crystals. I have mug bloodlust at r2 because of it

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I probably shouldn't but I've been using spare motes to make skills then shatter them for the crystals. I have mug bloodlust at r2 because of it

It was actually the Pro StratTM when Five Dooms very first hit. Even now, I can't say I'd argue smashing copies of Demonsblood/Penalty Strike/Aegis Strike. (Stitch in Time is a bit more situational since it gets a lot better with future buffs)

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I wonder if there's going to be a gap next week in events. Was supposed to be XV, but who knows for sure, as it could be pushed back and this beginner poo poo counts as a two week event. XV, XI, blank, IV, V would be the current known schedule if XV stays next week. If that is the case though, perhaps we'll get Super fest in the blank?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

iamsosmrt posted:

I wonder if there's going to be a gap next week in events. Was supposed to be XV, but who knows for sure, as it could be pushed back and this beginner poo poo counts as a two week event. XV, XI, blank, IV, V would be the current known schedule if XV stays next week. If that is the case though, perhaps we'll get Super fest in the blank?
XV event data and the August 17 date was in the last data push and hasn't been changed like IV so I think it's okay to assume it's on track for next week, unless you're a huge pessimist.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Anyone know if the elite side XP dungeon has a good stam/xp ratio for non-RS characters? I'd assume running 5xVII getting 5x150% if not more if using XP RMs is pretty good but my VII CM team doesn't need help right now.
Elite VII EXP dungeon is 15 stam for 56k experience, assuming mastery on the stage, or 74k with synergy. I believe the regular EXP dungeon has 15 stam stages at around 60k experience and 30 stam stages at 174k experience. The VII dungeon isn't great but it's around every other day and is super easy to do. I finished getting Zell to 99 this morning with him autoing the 15 stam stage.

I have one MC3 lode left right now and was planning on using it on Jecht, but am now leaning toward a VII character while Jecht can use Sunday's MC3 lode. Probably Barret because I have his pentabreak

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I don't think pessimism has anything to do with it. I wouldn't mind if it got pushed back. This is more about speculating what would come on Aug 31. I originally assumed V, but since IV was pushed back, people have said V would be coming after that event.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
So what's good on the FFXI banner? I should really start making a concerted effort to build synergy for it, but I'd also like to make a XV pull for funsies if I can budget for it.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Sesq posted:

So what's good on the FFXI banner? I should really start making a concerted effort to build synergy for it, but I'd also like to make a XV pull for funsies if I can budget for it.

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today and dug up the Reddit thread with translated loot:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/60e8r2/shadow_lords_awakening_jp_relic_draw_thread_xi/

The reason I was digging this up (and pondering the stam/xp ratios) was my XI RS team made of five level one dudes with zero SBs. If I was reading it correctly the CM fight for XI is a proper five man team for the 180, no 3/5 like one in the summer fest was.

BSB+ seems good on both banners. SSBs are okay but not great except for Prishe's Rigorous reverie which seems insanely strong for an SSB (Medica 40% MaxHP, party Guts and High Regen). LMR are in my opinion of questionable worth for people like us who have nothing to begin with unless going in for multiple pulls.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Did anyone get their 25 mythril? Just logged in and nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
I think it's 25 mythril total over the course of the bonus period

• Locked thread