Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Metapod posted:

Lol going all in on lacy

I honestly don't know how it happened. I am not that high on Lacy, yet somehow still accrued shares of him everywhere over a period of three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

In actual news, Martavis now cleared for preseason games http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000827603/article/martavis-bryant-cleared-to-practice-play-in-preseason

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

He's someone I'm targeting in my leagues. I've heard great things.

Still. gently caress the Steelers.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
2 keeper league and you give up the round projected to go in.

I have LeVeon Bell who I'm keeping so there goes my 1st round pick, but I'm not sure if I should keep another player.

Rankings are based off ESPN top 200 and here are my other options. Non-ppr league and 6 td -2 isn't for qb's

Carr - 9th round
Ware - 6th round
Fitz - 5th round
Hill - 5th round
Graham - 8th round
Crowder - 6th round

2nd keeper has to be from round 4 or later so those are my options. Anyone worth keeping and giving up a draft pick for or should I just let it ride only with Bell?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
That sounds awful. The whole fun part of a keeper league is you get to keep guys for less than their market value.

Why even have keepers then?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

That sounds awful. The whole fun part of a keeper league is you get to keep guys for less than their market value.

It's a step in the right direction. Compared to how it used to be where you could keep any two players and didn't have to give up any draft picks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forever_Peace posted:

I honestly don't know how it happened. I am not that high on Lacy, yet somehow still accrued shares of him everywhere over a period of three years.

The most fluid assets in fantasy football are underperforming former performers

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Ok just gathering some thoughts on a small thing i'm having.

So last season in a league i commission, i approved a trade, was slightly lopsided but i paid it no thought really. But i just learned that the trade was manifested through a madden football game between the 2 parties, basically the winner of the madden game gets the better end of the deal. Neither ended up winning the league.

Now honestly it's a bigger deal because the buy in for this league is $300 and i don't need outcomes coming down to who was better at playing madden. What would you guys do?

Warning and if it happens again, kicked out?

Ooh a modern day "you make the call." I love it, very interesting...

Is it keeper? If so, things get complicated.

If it's redraft, then I like the warning and there needs to be a penalty if it happens again, specifically because there's a good chance you'll have to make an initial ruling without full info, so you want to put a scare in them. You made the right decision at the time, then when new information came to light, you reconsidered the situation but kept it all close to breast. Since you played that perfectly, it's awesome you're thinking about stuff in the offseason to make sure you got all your poo poo crossed and dotted like a Catholic about to die. A "hey no funny poo poo this time or I'm gonna have to walk poo poo back right over your face, and that will strongly involve removal" would be effective, ime.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Turned in my scout.com article. Took it really seriously, put like 4-5 hours into it. Needed to be at least 500 words, gave him 1000.

Still haven't been paid. The guy who requested it said he needs to talk to me. Doesn't sound good.

gently caress this field lmao.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Spoeank posted:

Turned in my scout.com article. Took it really seriously, put like 4-5 hours into it. Needed to be at least 500 words, gave him 1000.

Still haven't been paid. The guy who requested it said he needs to talk to me. Doesn't sound good.

gently caress this field lmao.

Maybe he's going to tell you that you wrote it twice as long as you were supposed to

I just got home from the Texans @ Carolina game and I'm a bit higher on Christian McCaffrey than I was before. Still don't think he should be going anywhere near his 3rd round ADP, but I'd probably scoop him up if he fell to me in 6 or 7. He wasn't even really on my radar before

Also Panthers WR Damiere Byrd had a phenomenal game but obviously it's pre-season so that really doesn't mean poo poo for FF at this time.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

timp posted:

Maybe he's going to tell you that you wrote it twice as long as you were supposed to

Nah I told him ahead of time it would probably clock in closer to 1,000 because it was a preview of five players on an office that is going to dramatically shift focus in 2017. He said that 500 was what was expected, 1,000 was fine but I wouldn't get extra. I'm not sure.

History tells me I'm getting like half of what he said I would or nothing at all. This dumb business promises so much and delivers so little.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Do you have a contract?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Were there any o-line first stringers in yesterday's game? How did they look?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

MrSargent posted:

Those are interesting rules. How long are you able to keep someone? Like can you only keep someone for 2 years and then they go back into FA? Or can you keep them indefinitely? Personally I would keep Freeman and Howard as those are the most valuable guys on your team at this point, but could swap in Hopkins for Howard if WR looks to be thin from keepers.
We've only ever used it last year and this year, so I'm pretty sure it's indefinite (likely because the commish wants to keep Gronk forever).

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

How do you guys feel about Alshon this year? Him and Keenan Allen always seem to fall to me and I can't decide.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RisqueBarber posted:

How do you guys feel about Alshon this year? Him and Keenan Allen always seem to fall to me and I can't decide.

Alshon over Keenan for me due to being burned TWICE by Keenan and his loving lacerated organs/ACLs.

My question:

I'm running two leagues for members at the private club I work at. Both are 14 team leagues and I believe we're going to auction draft for both. How do I make the waiver order random for the first week and then "move to last after claim"?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Alshon over Keenan for me due to being burned TWICE by Keenan and his loving lacerated organs/ACLs.

My question:

I'm running two leagues for members at the private club I work at. Both are 14 team leagues and I believe we're going to auction draft for both. How do I make the waiver order random for the first week and then "move to last after claim"?

It's not like Alshon is lot better. He's missed 4 games or more in 3 of his 5 seasons. Both of these guys are promising and if they'd ever demonstrated durability they'd be going higher.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

My question:

I need clarification: Are you asking how to functionally do that using a computer interface? If so, then what site is your league on? If not, I need still further clarification.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

My question:

Just make it FAAB

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

Just make it FAAB

This.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A FAAB system still needs a tiebreaker, though. On MFL, you could set the tiebreaker you wanted for the first week, and then go in and edit the setting before the second week starts.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

I need clarification: Are you asking how to functionally do that using a computer interface? If so, then what site is your league on? If not, I need still further clarification.

It's ESPN. It's a live auction so all I'm doing is inputting teams after the draft. I'm phone posting and not 100% sure how to word this. I just want to make the Week 1 waivers random and then after that people go to the end of the line after making a claim.

Sataere posted:

Just make it FAAB

I'm not opposed to this. I've just never done it before.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's ESPN. It's a live auction so all I'm doing is inputting teams after the draft. I'm phone posting and not 100% sure how to word this. I just want to make the Week 1 waivers random and then after that people go to the end of the line after making a claim.

I'm pretty sure that's the default setting. I'm not sure how it's worded as a choice, though.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RCarr posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the default setting. I'm not sure how it's worded as a choice, though.

It's "Move to Last After Each Claim"

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

2 keeper league and you give up the round projected to go in.

I have LeVeon Bell who I'm keeping so there goes my 1st round pick, but I'm not sure if I should keep another player.

Rankings are based off ESPN top 200 and here are my other options. Non-ppr league and 6 td -2 isn't for qb's

Carr - 9th round
Ware - 6th round
Fitz - 5th round
Hill - 5th round
Graham - 8th round
Crowder - 6th round

2nd keeper has to be from round 4 or later so those are my options. Anyone worth keeping and giving up a draft pick for or should I just let it ride only with Bell?

Quick repost since keeper selection is due tonight. If anyone has any input.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alfalfa posted:

I think Carr or Graham are solid keeper choices from a value standpoint. Gun to my head, I probably keep Graham. You can get a QB late, but top five TE in the 8th makes life easier.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

I think Ware. Now you can go for WR/BPA in the 2nd round since you have a stud in Bell and a solid RB/Flex in Ware.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

I think Carr or Graham are solid keeper choices from a value standpoint. Gun to my head, I probably keep Graham. You can get a QB late, but top five TE in the 8th makes life easier.

Yeah, this is my exact logic. I'd go Graham over Carr for the same reason. Can get a 5th round QB who will be serviceable or better than serviceable.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Honestly, I know most people are all about streaming TEs. But streaming TEs sucks. Give me a top 5 TE (usually a little bit later but still early like Graham or Olsen) so I don't have to worry about my TE position.

I want Kelce. But, I'm probably gunning for Olsen or Graham in the 4th or 5th in most drafts.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

I have a dynasty question.

.5 PPR, someone offered me

His:
Frank Gore
Davante Parker
2017 3rd rd pick (8/10)

My:
Jarvis Landry
Johnathan Williams

I think this is probably an easy "No", but a few things make me hesitate.

1. My RBs are dire. I have
Lamar Miller
Matt Forte
CJ Procise
Deandre Washington
Jalen Richard
TJ Yeldon
Kenneth Dixon

Whatever rookie I draft 5th overall (Likely Cook, Mixon, or CMC, whoever falls to me)

2. Davante Parker has a lot of hype and Cutler can throw a deep ball

I want to keep Williams because Buffalo let go of some of their other RBs, and I don't think they drafted any, so he's one shady injury from playtime. I also think they must like him at least somewhat if they let Gillislee go. I know Gore only has value for this year MAYBE, so it would be a bad deal long term, but could help me this year. But I may be in the same boat next year if Gore retires, and I'll be kicking myself if Williams turns into anything.

Overall I also think Landry is better than Parker, but Miami seems to be hedging their bets on Parker. Ultimately I think I stand my ground here and hope whatever rookie RB I draft can get some carries this year, but I thought I'd run it by you fine folks for shits and giggles.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Nerds posted:

Were there any o-line first stringers in yesterday's game? How did they look?

Briefly. I'm afraid I wasn't really able to evaluate o-line performance beyond the basics, i.e. was the quarterback sacked often (no) and how much time did he have to throw (enough). I guess you're probably wondering about protection for Cam? Me too, buddy, me too.

I'll pay more attention to them when I go to the Steelers game in a few weeks.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I think Ware. Now you can go for WR/BPA in the 2nd round since you have a stud in Bell and a solid RB/Flex in Ware.

Ware looks like he could lose his starting job. Too much risk in him as a keeper.

Butter Hole posted:

I have a dynasty question.

.5 PPR, someone offered me

His:
Frank Gore
Davante Parker
2017 3rd rd pick (8/10)

My:
Jarvis Landry
Johnathan Williams

I think this is probably an easy "No", but a few things make me hesitate.

1. My RBs are dire. I have
Lamar Miller
Matt Forte
CJ Procise
Deandre Washington
Jalen Richard
TJ Yeldon
Kenneth Dixon

Whatever rookie I draft 5th overall (Likely Cook, Mixon, or CMC, whoever falls to me)

2. Davante Parker has a lot of hype and Cutler can throw a deep ball

I want to keep Williams because Buffalo let go of some of their other RBs, and I don't think they drafted any, so he's one shady injury from playtime. I also think they must like him at least somewhat if they let Gillislee go. I know Gore only has value for this year MAYBE, so it would be a bad deal long term, but could help me this year. But I may be in the same boat next year if Gore retires, and I'll be kicking myself if Williams turns into anything.

Overall I also think Landry is better than Parker, but Miami seems to be hedging their bets on Parker. Ultimately I think I stand my ground here and hope whatever rookie RB I draft can get some carries this year, but I thought I'd run it by you fine folks for shits and giggles.

You are losing this by a mile. The three guys you are getting don't equal Landry's value and you are expected to give up Williams.

I'm higher on Parker than most, but that offer is an easy no.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Sataere posted:

Ware looks like he could lose his starting job. Too much risk in him as a keeper.

Oh poo poo I didn't read anything about this. Is it going to be a split situation or is someone else going to take it over?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Sataere posted:

You are losing this by a mile. The three guys you are getting don't equal Landry's value and you are expected to give up Williams.

I'm higher on Parker than most, but that offer is an easy no.

I thought so. Thanks for the sanity check.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Oh poo poo I didn't read anything about this. Is it going to be a split situation or is someone else going to take it over?

There's a whole lot of Kareem Hunt hype, but I don't know there's anything concrete yet.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

89 posted:

Honestly, I know most people are all about streaming TEs. But streaming TEs sucks. Give me a top 5 TE (usually a little bit later but still early like Graham or Olsen) so I don't have to worry about my TE position.

I want Kelce. But, I'm probably gunning for Olsen or Graham in the 4th or 5th in most drafts.

okay so I give you Kelce

what are you trading him for

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ben Nevis posted:

There's a whole lot of Kareem Hunt hype, but I don't know there's anything concrete yet.

They didn't draft him early to not play him. At the very least, you are looking at a time share. Even with all that, you could get him in the 6th tomorrow and maybe even later, so it's a waste of a keeper.

Butter Hole posted:

I thought so. Thanks for the sanity check.

If you are interested in moving forward with this, I might look at it more intently if the 3rd was changed to a second and I got to keep Williams. That's probably fair value if you are high on Parker and low on Landry.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'll just add that since it's dynasty you can completely ignore the Cutler factor; he's not gonna be there for more than a year or two tops, even if he outshines Tannehill, whereas your young Miami receivers have potentially 15+ years of play ahead of them.

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I can say from running an ESPN keeper league is that's the only way you can do it right now on their site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

Graham. I debated Ware as well. 4For4's rushing expectation series is very high on him.

• Locked thread