Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

"My Two Dads" starring Worf Rozhenko, coming next fall to CBS All-Access

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I don't think I've ever seen Troi that smug.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Picard bamboozling his nephew is a weird character moment.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Intro thought: I wonder if it ever explains Picard not having a French accent despite the name and, it was just revealed, hometown

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Worf's cute

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lol

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
England finally conquered France in WW3

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Intro thought: I wonder if it ever explains Picard not having a French accent despite the name and, it was just revealed, hometown
That incomprehensible dead language?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Arrogant son-of-a

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Actually it's kind of funny how Defiant's movement on screen comes across more like an oversized starfighter

Random thought -- they don't call it one, but could the Defiant class be thought of as a Federation bird of prey?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

Random thought -- they don't call it one, but could the Defiant class be thought of as a Federation bird of prey?

No, because it's not a bird.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Nice.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlhzX7UKKNU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I think it's justified for Beverly to worry about showing Wesley that holographic message from his dad. That would be really weird.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Arglebargle III posted:

No, because it's not a bird.

But its vertebrae are full of hollows and air sacs, just like a bird.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Hahahaha

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I think it's justified for Beverly to worry about showing Wesley that holographic message from his dad. That would be really weird.

This is going to be an increasingly common scenario as we enter the age of everyone having a video camera on their phone.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Luddite brother, huh

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Man that vineyard looks beautiful with the slightly soft focus.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Why did they make Picard French, anyway, even after Stewart was cast? I would get if he just had a French name to show that cultural lines were blended in the future, but he's supposed to be full on multigenerational culturally French.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lifting a tectonic plate to make a new subcontinent is such a mad scientist thing to do.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Wow Worf really was a Klingon weeaboo.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

When Picard said he made a disturbing discovery as he was looking at the tectonic plate project I really hoped it would be that Earth would be destroyed.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh yeah and it was a second ago but the prune juice thing was touching.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

Why did they make Picard French, anyway, even after Stewart was cast? I would get if he just had a French name to show that cultural lines were blended in the future, but he's supposed to be full on multigenerational culturally French.

I think I once read that they originally came up with the idea of a French captain as a nod to Jacques Cousteau.

And rumor has it that they were originally going to have Stewart do a French accent for the role, but it was so atrocious they told him to just speak normally.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

:unsmith:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

:stare:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I like the part where Robert teases Picard and then Picard punches him in the face and starts crying.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Powered Descent posted:

I think I once read that they originally came up with the idea of a French captain as a nod to Jacques Cousteau.

And rumor has it that they were originally going to have Stewart do a French accent for the role, but it was so atrocious they told him to just speak normally.

its not rumor, he's talked about it

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Holy gently caress, I was drinking something and started choking on it when Picard punched him

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

thats a good episode yo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Powered Descent posted:

Not surprising. Love the guy but Patrick Stewart can't do accents to save his life.

He read The Last Battle for a series of Narnia audiobooks and it is absolutely dreadful. He did the Calormenes as some kind of horrible cockney, and every single other character made me cringe in its own special way.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jeez, that whole sequence with the fight and reconciliation. I don't know what to say

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Was this in response to "He's not looking towards the Klingon Empire, he's looking towards Earth" line?

I love that line.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Jeez, that whole sequence with the fight and reconciliation. I don't know what to say

now think about the fact that berman wanted them to put in a plot where aliens are makin people vanish and data has to save them because otherwise the episode would be boring

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh a holo message meant something you could run on a holodeck, I thought it meant like Leia's little message to Luke

WampaLord posted:

Was this in response to "He's not looking towards the Klingon Empire, he's looking towards Earth" line?

I love that line.

It was the subsequent scene with Worf and his parents but that part was good too.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

its not rumor, he's talked about it

You're right, I just found it on Memory Alpha:

Patrick Stewart posted:

"Yes, you know, I did somewhere in the bowels of Paramount Pictures, there – I hope it still exists – there is a recording of me on camera playing Captain Picard – some of the scenes from the pilot episode with a French accent.... If he was a Frenchman, why shouldn't he have a French accent? And, I mean, can you imagine it? (imitating French accent) Space, ze final frontier. (applause) It would not have worked. I have a great respect for the French and certainly I adore the French language, but no. It would not have worked. I doubt I would have sounded more like Inspector Clouseau."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh my god more feels

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Oh a holo message meant something you could run on a holodeck, I thought it meant like Leia's little message to Luke

I like to imagine if you popped it into a PADD, it would do that. Or just display in 2D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

now think about the fact that berman wanted them to put in a plot where aliens are makin people vanish and data has to save them because otherwise the episode would be boring

:ughh: