Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Astro7x posted:

Oh boy, I can't wait to play this game that is already available since 2010 for every other platform under the sun

What happened to Super Meat Boy: Forever?

I don't understand this meme of a game not being suitable for being on a console because it was on other consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't understand this meme of a game not being suitable for being on a console because it was on other consoles.
There's a difference between hating the fact that a game is available for a certain console and not getting excited in the slightest. Especially when they'll likely charge $30 like they did for Cave Story.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bill Barber posted:

There's a difference between hating the fact that a game is available for a certain console and not getting excited in the slightest. Especially when they'll likely charge $30 like they did for Cave Story.

Yeah, I got Super Meat Boy for free on PS+ and I think I'm good.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

While we're asking for remakes that will never happen, I want a new Chu Chu Rocket.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GOTY Mario x Rabbids is going to be great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoEuhK0PPTs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why do the enemies de-res, are you on The Grid

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why do the enemies de-res, are you on The Grid
It's all a fever dream by Shy Guy. Nintendo had to have a way to make sure that none of the weird poo poo that comes out of this game is ever actually considered canon.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Fly with me posted:

While we're asking for remakes that will never happen, I want a new Chu Chu Rocket.

100%

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

I haven't heard anything about this one yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVU3hQ_rCvg

Almost looks like Forza for the 360.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Super Meat Boy is unplayable with that new soundtrack so I won't be getting it again on Switch.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Astro7x posted:

I would assume that MK9 would sell much better than a MK8D DLC for just the Switch.

But yes, make more DLC packs. I'd much rather have the whole package so you can play one game and have access to all tracks. The core mechanics of the game is fine, and I think people would expect major changes for a 9th installment in the series.

If they made DLC packs that gave you all the tracks from previous games, I would give them all the money.

It's an okay game (or was in 2010, at least) but I wish Edmund McMillen would get over his weird catholic guilt and stop manifesting it in making the same game over and over
I haven't actually played it since 2010 though so I haven't heard this new, apparently terrible soundtrack.

raditts fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 10, 2017

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

SeANMcBAY posted:

Super Meat Boy is unplayable with that new soundtrack so I won't be getting it again on Switch.

Correct. They need to go ahead and hand over The End Is Neigh

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I want this to be true

https://gonintendo.com/stories/287228-rumor-gamecube-game-listings-have-started-to-appear-on-nintendo

Sonic Adventure DX and DOSHIN THE GIANT but then there's loving Chronicles of Narnia....so it might just be an error

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Bloop posted:

I just don't see what the impetus would be to buy a new MK on switch unless it did something VERY different like first-person mode or whatever

New tracks is all a sequel needs to justify its purchase.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Doshin was the game that first made me hyped for that next generation but sadly we never saw it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Bill Barber posted:

It's all a fever dream by Shy Guy. Nintendo had to have a way to make sure that none of the weird poo poo that comes out of this game is ever actually considered canon.

So, it's Super Mario Brothers 2-2?

Sold.

:great:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mega64 posted:

Doshin the Giant

Boy can I call them or what.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

While you all were nerding out about exactly what is enough games is blah hlah for my arbitrary line of satisfaction I was having to wait around with my switch and a dude was all I gots to get me one of those and asked me if it was indeed good.

Mario kart gave me a hell of a time in the last cup in 200cc that was just vicious.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DLC Inc posted:

I want this to be true

https://gonintendo.com/stories/287228-rumor-gamecube-game-listings-have-started-to-appear-on-nintendo

Sonic Adventure DX and DOSHIN THE GIANT but then there's loving Chronicles of Narnia....so it might just be an error

I wouldn't really see this as the big ":supaburn: VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMECUBE GAMES ON SWITCH :supaburn:" thing some people are hoping for, rather it's just general ports of old titles that were on the Gamecube. Sonic Adventure DX was also rereleased on X360 some years back.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

If Capcom releases remakes of BoF 1&2 for the Switch I'd (probably) buy them.

The Bloop posted:

Well you see, the lynel is a complete rear end in a top hat

IIRC it's one of the few (only?) Lynel enemies in the game who will happily attack you immediately even if you don't have a weapon drawn. Most of them just kinda :catstare: unless you draw a weapon or do something stupid like run right at them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evil Fluffy posted:

If Capcom releases remakes of BoF 1&2 for the Switch I'd (probably) buy them.

IIRC it's one of the few (only?) Lynel enemies in the game who will happily attack you immediately even if you don't have a weapon drawn. Most of them just kinda :catstare: unless you draw a weapon or do something stupid like run right at them.

Climbing on their backs and trying to tame them pisses them right the gently caress off as well.

Incidentally, if I bring an unholy horror or ancient Forest God to the Stables, I expect them to loving stable it. Claiming to be the best at what you do means you should be able to handle anything :colbert:.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I loving adore the game but there's no way it doesn't have the vastly inferior music from the XB1/PS4 release so that's a hard pass from me.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Fawf posted:

I loving adore the game but there's no way it doesn't have the vastly inferior music from the XB1/PS4 release so that's a hard pass from me.

This. Danny B.'s music is the best compliment for Super Meat Boy's platforming. It's sad that they replaced it with something that can't even come close.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
WTF is Ironcast? The description says it's a turn-based strategy meets explosive mech combat, but the screenshots say match-four game.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

jetpackhewy posted:

This. Danny B.'s music is the best compliment for Super Meat Boy's platforming. It's sad that they replaced it with something that can't even come close.

Did Nicalis just refuse to cut him some cash for his soundtracks on new platforms or something? The OG Binding of Isaac had a Danny B soundtrack that they replaced with 90% crap and "wet ambient cave noise", too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Did Nicalis just refuse to cut him some cash for his soundtracks on new platforms or something? The OG Binding of Isaac had a Danny B soundtrack that they replaced with 90% crap and "wet ambient cave noise", too.

Iirc it was Danny B himself stopping it from being used again for some reason.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Wow hey look at this guys. Look.

It's a bad opinion

Are you still playing arms? I quit that poo poo fast.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
When was the last time ANY console had decent launch titles? 'Launch Window' has been abused so badly by developers it's become a punchline, at least for the Xbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s

Nintendo's pretty much cheating with sequels and ports from a poorly selling console with good games/games that were probably halfway through development before the Switch switch.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dreamcast

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Inescapable Duck posted:

When was the last time ANY console had decent launch titles? 'Launch Window' has been abused so badly by developers it's become a punchline, at least for the Xbox.

PS Vita launched with an Uncharted game, a Wipeout and a Hot Shots Golf game that were so good that they became the new standard for their franchises (they're just now replacing Hot Shots on PS4), the best new Lumines game since 2, a new Super StarDust game, portable definitive versions of Rayman Origins and Ultimate Marvel 3 (that was also feature definitive until the recent PC port), the best version of Virtua Tennis 4, and I really liked that Shinobido 2. Dreamcast had an insane lineup with stuff like Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Power Stone, NFL 2K, and House of the Dead 2. PS4 got by with definitive console versions of stuff like Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, NBA 2K, and Resogun is still a very good game.

Out of like the past 5 or 6 consoles I've bought I'd say the only one that didn't have a very good/decent launch lineup was Wii U.

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
it seems like they dropped the ball with getting people super excited about the Vita. I've even met some people who own Vita don't know they can use it for their PS4 in a Wii U-ish way both as a controller and as a remote unit or that it will at least try to work from anywhere, as opposed to being in the same crib as the Wii U- or am I tripping. Can Wii U attempt to use wifi to link up to a system at home while you're at work? It looks like it's very easily confused with the PSP.

rogue wave fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Aug 10, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sony basically abandoned the Vita the second it looked like it wasn't doing well, kinda like if Nintendo hadn't been aggressive in dropping the 3DS price and other things when that had under performed, only worse.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I've never even seen a Vita. Only seen a few Wii U units.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also nope the WiiU pad has to be within wireless distance from the console, you can use remote play with Vita anywhere there's an internet connection but you might not have much luck playing Bloodborne on it for instance, both due to latency and lack of buttons.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Anyone try out the Monster Hunter Double Cross demo from the japan eshop? It's super fun. The first two available hunts are easy enough but the third one handed me my rear end quite handily. It looks like an amazing fight though if I can survive more than 10 seconds.

One weird thing that i'm not sure was intentional or not: the menu and icon graphics look super pixelated, but the actual game itself looks perfectly fine in tv mode. Not sure whats up with that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Policenaut posted:

PS Vita launched with an Uncharted game, a Wipeout and a Hot Shots Golf game that were so good that they became the new standard for their franchises (they're just now replacing Hot Shots on PS4), the best new Lumines game since 2, a new Super StarDust game, portable definitive versions of Rayman Origins and Ultimate Marvel 3 (that was also feature definitive until the recent PC port), the best version of Virtua Tennis 4, and I really liked that Shinobido 2. Dreamcast had an insane lineup with stuff like Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Power Stone, NFL 2K, and House of the Dead 2. PS4 got by with definitive console versions of stuff like Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, NBA 2K, and Resogun is still a very good game.

Out of like the past 5 or 6 consoles I've bought I'd say the only one that didn't have a very good/decent launch lineup was Wii U.

What killed the Vita hard was Sony thinking they could ride on "It plays some PS3 games, only portable! :pseudo:" in the mainstream market. The price point didn't help either compared to a 3DS (or hell, a PS3 eventually), nevermind for the 3G model, and it really only helped the PS3 get a bunch of medium-tier-studio's JRPG's that tried to sell either on the Vita first or in tandem with a PS3 version.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Vita also required an expensive proprietary memory card that made the system more expensive than a Switch.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Iirc it was Danny B himself stopping it from being used again for some reason.

Pretty much this. He stated he no longer had a working relationship with Team Meat due to personal reasons, and that he had disagreements with the licensing to PSN. Both things seemed to make him decide to pull his music from each game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I made a Japanese Nintendo Account. It was really easy. The Switch is good.

https://twitter.com/digitaldiatribe/status/895609358150582272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I was surprised that there was no option to change language for the eshop, it seems to default to the regional language when it would make sense to check the language of the device.

• Locked thread