Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Auto Union's cars were cooler

quote:

Of the 4 Auto Union racing cars, the Types A, B and C, used from 1934 to 1937 had supercharged V16 engines, and the final car, the Type D used in 1938 and 1939 (built to new 1938 regulations) had a supercharged 3L V12 that developed almost 550 horsepower. Wheelspin could be induced at over 100 mph

Also mid-engined before it was in vogue.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
Worst Thread Logic: hey guys, we finally have a moderator who posts here and who seems to actually give a poo poo about this cesspit and gives us cool free poo poo like gang tags and thread title changes. Let's deliberately flout one of the few clear rules she laid out, and needle her over dumb poo poo until she says gently caress it and quits. Then we can get this place back to the way it belongs, shitposting with virtually zero oversight until things get totally sideways and then Hand Knit rolls in here and just like indiscriminately bans or probates half the thread. The good old days!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

McGuinty posted:

Worst Thread Logic: hey guys, we finally have a moderator who posts here and who seems to actually give a poo poo about this cesspit and gives us cool free poo poo like gang tags and thread title changes. Let's deliberately flout one of the few clear rules she laid out, and needle her over dumb poo poo until she says gently caress it and quits. Then we can get this place back to the way it belongs, shitposting with virtually zero oversight until things get totally sideways and then Hand Knit rolls in here and just like indiscriminately bans or probates half the thread. The good old days!

Poois Shamilton

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Poois Shamilton

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

I probably deserve that, but geeze, save it for the race weekends

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

McGuinty posted:

That was one of the best parts of the thread tbh.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

McGuinty posted:

I probably deserve that, but geese, save it for the race weekends

Fixed.

Also I hate you all.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LewiS HAMilton

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

Fixed.

Also I hate you all.

:glomp:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

LewiS HAMilton

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

iospace posted:

Fixed.

Also I hate you all.

Everyone knows you get off on it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Carth Dookie posted:

Everyone knows you get off on it.

One of the requirements to mod here: be a masochist.

Gods, can it be August 20th already? Three weeks of no major open wheel racing blows.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Nice to see the thread is in regular break form. Smh

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Shits movin quick. #blessed #megathread

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Your av works with every single post you make. The real Jock is somewhere being proud.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

iospace posted:

One of the requirements to mod here: be a masochist.

Gods, can it be August 20th already? Three weeks of no major open wheel racing blows.

Could use the time to catch up on anime racing, aka Super GT and Super Formula. Both should be on YouTube if you know where to look. They're already through five rounds of the season.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Super Formula pit stops are so :magical:

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

That was one of the best parts of the thread tbh.

I'm not saying it wasn't entertaining to watch when I was still just lurking, but surely the current arrangement is by far the preferable option?

Also, I quite enjoyed your assessment of the decline of the British Empire.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

GramCracker posted:

Shits movin quick. #blessed #megathread

Hamilton's on holiday though. He isn't moving

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
There's always MotoGP. Brno had a wet-ish race last weekend under flag-to-flag rules, and it was complete madness.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

There's always MotoGP. Brno had a wet-ish race last weekend under flag-to-flag rules, and it was complete madness.

F1 2017: There's always MotoGP

Btw I had that MMMMMonster energy drink the other day, tastes way better than Red Bull or V. I actually don't mind Lewis as much lately either. Oh no...

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Drink Monster not Reich Bull

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Or don't drink sugar water

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm pissed off that they seem to have stopped selling the Doctor energy drink, in favour of Lewis', because it did actually cure my flu twice :(

All this shitposting is going to call back Tony like a beacon you know. :(

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
On the rare occasion I have one it's always the sugar free version.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I watched the first part with the sound off and thought that "Wehrline doesn't know what Wehrline's doing!" was him talking about himself in third person...

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 10, 2017

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Halt the gentrification of race tracks and race threads !

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

That race sucked rear end.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
They should just run Mugello every week. That Moto3 race is what got me hooked on the series.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

That race sucked rear end.

Compared to other MotoGP races maybe, I'd argue that race was still better than alot of races from other series.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Compared to other MotoGP races maybe, I'd argue that race was still better than alot of races from other series.

We've had needlessly long arguments about this before, but I don't find MotoGP strategy races interesting in the slightest. It's just a roll of the dice.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/aug/10/future-electric-motor-racing

'...Maserati, all of whom’s cars will be electrified...'
does that mean they will just electrocute you a little when you put the key in the ignition?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
electric cars suck and formula e is a trainwreck

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I see Robert Kubica fanfiction counts as premium Autosport+ content these days.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doc Morbid posted:

I see Robert Kubica fanfiction counts as premium Autosport+ content these days.

yeah that is weird as gently caress, kubica should drive for ferrari. no he doesnt, you loving morons.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Wirth1000 posted:

Drink Monster not Reich Bull

Drink coffee.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Drink water.

Wear sunscreen.

Be nice.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Gigi Galli posted:

Drink water.

Wear sunscreen.

Be nice.

I drank Cocaine once.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Or don't drink sugar water

Copy, Jock.

Transmitting reverse racism and mid-2000s baggy jeans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Drink water.

Wear sunscreen.

Be nice.

• Locked thread