Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

zelah posted:

After he's gone they'll just move to a farm and be fine until a weird looking Joseph Gordon Levitt walks out of the corn and then Sonny Jim gets shot in the cheek by Bruce Willis and then time skip another 25 years for Twin Peaks: Season 4, Looper 2

Looper is the loopy tripleganger of Cooper, right? (Or is it a quadrupleganger? Does Dougie count?)

And More fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

haha nice.

Can't believe we only have a couple of eps left guys

e:

TheMaestroso posted:

Ending up in jail absolutely was the plan once he found out Ray was there. He needed to get to Ray for the coordinates he knew. Mr. C learned from the Darya phone call that Ray had gotten in the federal prison for bringing guns over the state line. He proceeds to "hack" into gov files on that particular prison. After killing Hastings' wife we find him driving his car - presumably over the state line - and discover later that he had a large gun in the trunk. He also had that dog's leg and that "Mr. Strawberry" dirt on the warden.

What was the coordinates for again? The place in Montana where he went to kill Ray? Isn't that just a loop?

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 9, 2017

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Shageletic posted:

What was the coordinates for again? The place in Montana where he went to kill Ray? Isn't that just a loop?

He only got the coordinates moments before killing Ray

The coordinates, I suppose, are to that same place Major Briggs coordinates point, that place in Twin Peaks.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Most of the official merch is gross and kitschy, but a few things are amazing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I would probably wear that in tank top form tbh

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Diane seems to have given him the Briggs coordinates. It seems to me the Ray ones will point somewhere else and the relationship between the two will be important.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

eSporks posted:

Diane seems to have given him the Briggs coordinates. It seems to me the Ray ones will point somewhere else and the relationship between the two will be important.

Diane given him the coordinates from the dead girl. Do we know if these are the same coordinates from Major Briggs letter?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Diane hasn't been shown giving the coordinates to anyone else yet

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Diane hasn't been shown giving the coordinates to anyone else yet

Yeah - I was gonna say, so far as I know she hasn't texted the coordinates to anyone, just plugged them into the GPS on her phone to see where they lead to (Twin Peaks).

We don't really know whether Mr. C got the right coordinates from Ray or not, but it seems like it would only serve to detour the narrative at this point if they had Ray give him bullshit cooridnates. It kinda feels like we're leading to an inevitable showdown in Vegas, followed by an inevitable showdown in Twin Peaks.

One thing that does make me wonder is that we still do have a LOT of time left. 5 hours is no joke. What I'm really hoping is that we get a... Sequel, of sorts, to Episode 8, which sort of picks up where episode 8 left off in terms of delving into events long past seemingly related to what's happening now. I don't mean like a literal sequel to that episode; just another episode where Lynch more or less pulls free of normal narrative restrictions and shows us events from entirely unique perspectives, like in Ep 8.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Five hours is NOT a lot of time and I think it's weird that anyone thinks so. There's a lot of poo poo that needs to be wrapped up and if Lynch can somehow pull that off in only five hours he's some kind of magician. Five hours is a tiny, tiny amount of time.

The only real way this is going to make much sense is if Lynch secretly negotiated a fourth season when he negotiated the third.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

...! posted:

Five hours is NOT a lot of time and I think it's weird that anyone thinks so. There's a lot of poo poo that needs to be wrapped up and if Lynch can somehow pull that off in only five hours he's some kind of magician. Five hours is a tiny, tiny amount of time.

The only real way this is going to make much sense is if Lynch secretly negotiated a fourth season when he negotiated the third.

Five hours is basically half of a standard cable TV season.

It's plenty of time.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

yeah five hours is a ton of time my dude

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
5 hours ago was the nuclear explosion. It's not a long time, at the pace we're going.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

...! posted:

I don't think we will ever see the metaphysical stuff truly wrap up, but there is definitely time for Bad Cooper to get to Twin Peaks and for the last 2 hours to be a black lodge mindfuckstival. The main game is basically Bad Cooper, Gordon's team and Dougie being resolved and I think there is definitely time to get some satisfaction in those threads. As for the rest of the cast in Twin Peaks, being embroiled in whatever poo poo storm is taking place will probably be enough. I think we all have to accept that the finale will be open ended considering Cooper's fate 26 years ago.

I am not opposed in any way to season 4 either.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
5 hours at this show's pace is not very long. But everything is converging on Twin Peaks now - Mr. C and Gordon's crew have the coordinates pointing to Twin Peaks so they'll all be heading there.

But how do we get Dougie Coop there? Likely next two episodes will have Chantal & Hutch arriving in LV to try and kill him but I don't see how he can get to Twin Peaks unless Gordon tracks him down via the ring in Major Briggs' stomach.

el oso fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 10, 2017

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Cromulent posted:

5 hours ago was the nuclear explosion. It's not a long time, at the pace we're going.

Well, when you take into account that 4 episodes aired in the first two weeks, the actual real world time between the premiere and the Nuke is probably close to the amount of time between the Nuke and now.

And we should also remember we are getting a two-part finale. It is pretty sad to think that in about a month it'll all be over.

That said, I still think that when Lynch/Frost are ready to start putting the gas on the pedal, they will. And judging by last episode it seems they're starting to do just that.

kaworu fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 10, 2017

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Cromulent posted:

i don't think the show's gonna stick to this pace the entire time but then again you can't really expect anything with this show one way or the other

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

el oso posted:

5 hours at this show's pace is not very long. But everything is converging on Twin Peaks now - Mr. C and Gordon's crew have the coordinates pointing to Twin Peaks so they'll all be heading there.

But how do we get Dougie Coop there? Likely next two episodes will have Chantal & Hutch arriving in LV to try and kill him but I don't see how he can get to Twin Peaks unless Gordon tracks him down via the ring in Major Briggs' stomach.

If Dougie comes to in the next three hours (or is recalled somehow by Mike) he can get to Twin peaks for whatever the finale is. I feel like we are leading up to the final two hours back at the black lodge and a cliffhanger.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Aren't Gordon and crew going to Vegas? For "Dougie? "

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

We're going to get thirty minutes of Andy and Lucy having a picnic.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

RBX posted:

Aren't Gordon and crew going to Vegas? For "Dougie? "

They're headed there because of that intercept via Diane. They'll likely get embroiled in Dougie vs the killers I guess. Maybe Dougie will turn Cooper when Gordon arrives or Diane will have something to do with it? They could just load Dougie into the car and take him with them out of confusion or whatever as well.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

We're going to get thirty minutes a two-hour finale of Andy and Lucy having a picnic.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Most of the official merch is gross and kitschy, but a few things are amazing.

this shirt kicks rear end where do i buy it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

romanowski posted:

this shirt kicks rear end where do i buy it

http://store.sho.com/twin-peaks-diane-backdrop-t-shirt-black/detail.php?p=1452960

There also is a jerry shirt which owns as well

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

lol holy poo poo

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I need this in my life.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

esperterra posted:

I would probably wear that in tank top form tbh

You're in luck

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yesssssss. Jerry and Diane tanks, here I come.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Need one of Dr. Amp in front of a pattern of golden poo poo digging shovels

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
What if Diane is working with Jeffries instead of spooper?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

cis autodrag posted:

Yeah that's my theory too.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

...! posted:

Doesn't seem that hard. The last episode alone casually tied together a bunch of stuff just in the arm wrestling scene.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Gordon wouldn't have gotten a bad vibe from hugging Diane if she were on the side of good :colbert:

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

This is hardly enough time for them to unfold the blanket

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

I could be wrong, but we saw her read and/or send a text to/from Danzig.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

eSporks posted:

I could be wrong, but we saw her read and/or send a text to/from Danzig.

Jeffries could be intercepting his communications and relaying. If I recall it came through on her phone formatted differently from how he sent it and they were pretty careful to show both screens.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

where are you getting the idea that lynch is going to "wrap things up"

when has he ever wrapped things up

just make peace with it now before you get to the end and start raging

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The only conclusion I would expect to get from this show is an end to Cooper's story, and maybe what's up with Richard. Anything else is up in the air imo.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

esperterra posted:

The only conclusion I would expect to get from this show is an end to Cooper's story, and maybe what's up with Richard. Anything else is up in the air imo.
You shouldn't expect these either tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

where are you getting the idea that lynch is going to "wrap things up"

when has he ever wrapped things up

Laura Palmer