Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Holy poo poo that Balius just straight killing itself is some top notch :battletech:

Go regroup or mop up the gargoyle at this point who cares, you cleared the backfield all on your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

CourValant posted:

What's the name of that Battletech 'smilie' I see from time to time? The one with the missile barrage and the shiny 'mech animation?

It never got bought, but I called it Krakenfire.

The 'closing door logo appears' thing at the end was me making fun of the cartoon.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Geez, I wish the Glass Spider would bother to shoot my CT or legs. So many gauss slugs in my side torsos. At least I have gotten lucky in that nothing has crit yet. Still, I don't see myself surviving another round with the Spider or Otoko. I think I am gonna back out of the Spider's LoS and send some fire towards the distracted Summoner.

Raised by Hamsters
Sep 16, 2007

and hopped up on bagels

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hunchback (Player)
- Fires Assault Autocannon at Glass Spider (1 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 4): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Glass Spider (1 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Glass Spider (1 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Glass Spider (1 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Glass Spider (1 base + 4 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 6, hit Left Leg (damage blocked by terrain)!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 24!

Naginata (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0830!
- Fires ER PPC at Glass Spider (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (5/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Glass Spider (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Glass Spider (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 7, 10 missiles hit Left Torso (10/20 armor remaining), Left Torso (5/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-15 w/Artemis IV at Glass Spider (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 6): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 32 heat, sinks 30!

Nice job, Jagermech. you used up all the good dice. :colbert:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Konpei Island Update 9
Shooting Phase
BattleMaster (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1018!
- Fires PPC at Epona A #1 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires PPC at Epona A #1 (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at at Epona A #1 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at at Epona A #1 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at at Epona A #1 (2 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 34!

Tough break Battlemaster; them dice are a harsh mistress.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Sagittaire (Player)
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser (Rear) at Epona Prime #2 (3 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 secondary target - 1 targeting computer - 1 pulse laser = 7): rolled 10, hit Left Side (/ armor remaining)! CfMSD!
- Gains 34 heat, sinks 34!

@PTN: Was the crit confirmed for this hit? I didn't see it during the 'end phase'?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Mauler (Player)
- Fires ER Large Laser at Balius (3 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement = 3): rolled 7, hit Right Front Leg (0/27 armor, 11/15 structure remaining)! Crit!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Physical Combat Phase:
Mauler (Player)
- Kicks Balius (4 base + 0 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 kick = 2): Automatically hit Center Torso (0/30 armor, 20/21 structure remaining)! TAC!

Wintess!!!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Stone Rhino
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Building Hex 1219 (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement - 4 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser = 0): automatically hit (80/90 CF remaining)!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Building Hex 1219 (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement - 4 enemy movement - 1 pulse laser = 0): automatically hit (70/90 CF remaining)!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Yeah hold your horses (pun intended), we'll get to you soon enough.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Epona Prime #2
- Fires Streak SRM-4 at Sagittaire (3 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 11, 4 missiles automatically hit Rear Right Torso (8/10 armor remaining), Rear Right Torso (6/10 armor remaining), Rear Left Torso (8/10 armor remaining), Head (6/8 armor remaining)! Pilot hit!

Sonofa . . .

PoptartsNinja posted:

The 'closing door logo appears' thing at the end was me making fun of the cartoon.

Oh, so I can't use it then? Unless, I just copy/paste the link, if you're okay with that?

kingcom posted:

Go regroup or mop up the gargoyle at this point who cares, you cleared the backfield all on your own.

I say Mauler just straight up challenge that 'Garg' to a good old fashioned duel. And end him.

KnoxZone posted:

. . . I think I am gonna back out of the Spider's LoS and send some fire towards the distracted Summoner.

Like this idea, was going to ask the Southern Flank to start sending some fire up North; it looks like we're the ones who needs to be rescued at this point. How do you fine folks feel about heading North a bit? Could use the support.

@PTN: Can we get some clarification on that M4 building the Stone Rhino jumped over? I thought M4 meant its a 'medium' structure, at height 4? If that's the case, Stone Rhino shouldn't be able to jump over it, as it only has 3 jump jets?

Also, is there LOS through that M4 building? Can the Stone Rhino shoot into hex 1321?

@Northern Flank: So, we're now officially caught right in front of 'no mans's land'; probably not the best idea to advance while the Stone Rhino is in perfect 'trench sweeper' position? Its a good thing Battletech isn't a WWII machine gunner sim.

How does Battlemaster and 'Hata' feel about backing off for a turn, taking care of Yonite and putting some fire on the Summoner? No need to rush South anymore, and I'm assuming the Stone Rhino can't shoot through the M4 building. Yet.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

CourValant posted:

I say Mauler just straight up challenge that 'Garg' to a good old fashioned duel. And end him.

This is a good idea, because even with open locations it'll still take the Gargoyle several turns of skirmishing to take the Mauler down completely, and that's more than we expected to get out of it prior to the Balius literally dashing itself to pieces on the rocks.

CourValant posted:

Like this idea, was going to ask the Southern Flank to start sending some fire up North; it looks like we're the ones who needs to be rescued at this point. How do you fine folks feel about heading North a bit? Could use the support.

You're in a Sagittaire and your survival is non-critical. Quit being such a pussy about taking fire. The Stone Rhino will shoot one of you, maximum, and as long as you protect your right side you'll be fine.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
The Gargoyle's open left leg is towards the Mauler, it can just turn around and deliver one more justice foot to finish the job and then start supervising boat evacuation for the secondary objective.

The Naginata's eaten some really unfortunate patterns of fire, but it does have CASE in both torsos and a standard engine. It can live through a side loss, even though it's firepower gets cut in half. The LT also has that big hunk of communications equipment to soak a crit over LRM ammo.

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 10, 2017

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
If you're 'aiming high' at a target behind partial cover, does the partial cover bonus still need to apply? Seems weird to me but I don't know how the aiming rules work.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Two excellent kicks!
Going to go for the second duel, or rush south? Gargoyle still has that glass leg and aiming low could raise the odds even higher.

Southern Front got a refill on the dead Epona, but at least the Naginata survived, and the Glass Spider lost some more armor.

Jagermom could pull a Dadlas and justice foot the Gargoyle on a 3+, although it'd have to aim its minimum range armaments up north (although I'm not sure how minimum range works anymore, is it just +1 TH? The HO seemed to fire at the Hunchback just fine).

Hanse's royal guard definitely needs rescuing from the south, although the Naginata might be better of pulling back or remaining stationary while the other two advance, although it means a bit more pressure on them.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 10, 2017

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Plek posted:

If you're 'aiming high' at a target behind partial cover, does the partial cover bonus still need to apply? Seems weird to me but I don't know how the aiming rules work.
I think that is just a typo this time. There wasn't an aiming high penalty, so they were just normal shots.

Edit: Also, it does look like the Stone Rhino may have jumped too high.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You did good, Mauler. You can either fall back or tangle with the Gargoyle, but I don't know if you'd get the better part of that exchange.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Ardlen posted:

I think that is just a typo this time. There wasn't an aiming high penalty, so they were just normal shots.

Edit: Also, it does look like the Stone Rhino may have jumped too high.

Ah I didn't even notice. That explains the leg hit I guess.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
The Mauler's legs are both healthy enough to eat a kick and be fine, the garg will do 16 damage vs the Mauler's 19. The Garg would have to get exceptionally lucky to have both enough weapons hit one leg and then also kick that leg to put the Mauler down.

The larger problem with a duel is that the Mauler's open torso has both an XL engine and AC2/LRM15 ammo in it, and the Garg has an SRM6 that only needs a 4 to hit, in addition to it's other weapons. That torso has a ton of other stuff packed in it that can take a hit, so there's still a really good chance that the Mauler does last till the physical phase and can put the Garg down. Both mechs only need a 3 to hit each other with kicks, so it's a good bet. The Mauler's just got the positioning advantage that guarantees that it hits the already open leg.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I promised a JagerMech gif.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Guessing OpFor loses another 2 mechs this turn, and maybe a tank (though odds suggest only 2 out of 3 of these things happen). Question is whether it comes at the cost of any casualties.
If both flanks advance the first primary objective will be accomplished in 2 rounds.

PTN: Could we have some clarification on when you will count the state of Luthien AW objective as complete? Just because it's a big difference if its based on future information Goonforce is not supposed to know (perhaps based on the other objectives), or if it's assumed to be the end of combat, when either force is defeated, or some other factor.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Wonderful. It even has Luthien in the background.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 10, 2017

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

PoptartsNinja posted:

:perfect:

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Overall a good round, but things are starting to hurt.

The Good: H17 soaking up hits from the Stone Rhino.

The Bad: Stacked up behind H17 and either running out in the open and being in a cross fire between the Summoner and Rhino. Also, the Glass Spider won a trial of possession for the Jagermech's dice.

I'm going to have to mull this one over.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Jew it to it! posted:

The Bad: Stacked up behind H17 and either running out in the open and being in a cross fire between the Summoner and Rhino. Also, the Glass Spider won a trial of possession for the Jagermech's dice.

I'm going to have to mull this one over.

I'm with you on 'The Bad'; really don't think pushing out past the H17 is a good idea.

The Summoner and Epona(s) are isolated with us right now (we're not trapped with them, they're trapped us), and I would recommend we back off from the trench, re-position to get decent shots at the Epona(s)/Summoner, put a few more OPFOR down before either forcing the Stone Rhino to come to us, or, making that final run down South.

Let me know what you think, maybe we can talk it out some more.

***** Edit *****

Also, to whoever paid to change my Avatar again today, how long are we going to play this game? It costs you twice as much to change it, as for me to change it back. Is it really worth that much to you to keep trolling me?

CourValant fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 10, 2017

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Hey, I found footage of the Stone Rhino trying to drill through the building to get to you guys.

https://youtu.be/FZnKGHK4lcg?t=23s

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You're much better off not even addressing it - that gives them the attention they crave. Just fix and move on.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Maybe we could all help chip in to turn it back, I'll chip in 5 bucks to help you flip it next time. You can just PM me the image code.

Whoever's doing it should at least own up to it and give their justification, as was done with SD (being a dick on Megamek, and basically failing to play the game out of fear he'd lose). There's a difference between chasing a guy out openly over stated reasons that the thread can discuss and sniping from the darkness.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 10, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Back Hack posted:

Hey, I found footage of the Stone Rhino trying to drill through the building to get to you guys.

https://youtu.be/FZnKGHK4lcg?t=23s

Well, the Stone Rhino does have jump jets. :)

Podima posted:

You're much better off not even addressing it - that gives them the attention they crave. Just fix and move on.

I thought about it, either not mention it or try to be upfront and honest about the situation. Was never one to turn the other cheek to bullies, so if my secret admirer wants to proceed down this path, at a 2:1 dollar disadvantage, I don't mind playing that game. Let's see how deep those pockets are.

RA Rx posted:

Maybe we could all help chip in to turn it back, I'll chip in 5 bucks to help you flip it next time.

Thanks for the support and the kind offer, really appreciate you being a stand-up guy in anonymous internet-land, shows a real strength of character.

Fortunately, I'm at a point in life where $5 really isn't a big deal, even if we'll going to be doing this everyday. Frankly, I'm curious as to how far the other party would want to take this.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

This looks alot like a Cthulhu plushie, just with extra guns. No, wait, I mean Zoidberg. Yeah, Zoidberg. He just needs to phrrrrrrrrrrrrpt! his front tentacles.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I gotta say, I would love to see the Naginata (it can stay stationary and be at short range for the LRMs), Hata, Battlemaster, and Sag all alphastrike the Summoner. And/or the Sag jump to 1118 and shoot the poo poo out the backs of both of those tanks...

edit - just counted it and the Stone Rhino could fire those Gauss at Isokoru :xd:

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 10, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Jew it to it! posted:

This looks alot like a Cthulhu plushie, just with extra guns. No, wait, I mean Zoidberg. Yeah, Zoidberg. He just needs to phrrrrrrrrrrrrpt! his front tentacles.

. . . well I'll be, it does kinda look like Zoidberg!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I gotta say, I would love to see the Naginata (it can stay stationary and be at short range for the LRMs), Hata, Battlemaster, and Sag all alphastrike the Summoner. And/or the Sag jump to 1118 and shoot the poo poo out the backs of both of those tanks...

There are worst ways to take down the Summoner for sure; initial thoughts are for the 'Sag' to jump to 0921, facing 0922, and rear MPL the Epona, LPL/ER PPC the Summoner. Don't think the LOS works from 1118 to 1519.

Or, maybe just jump to 1118, MPL and kick the Epona, LPL/ER PPC the Summoner? Depends on how the rest of the Northern Lance wants to maneuver.

edit - just counted it and the Stone Rhino could fire those Gauss at Isokoru :xd:

That would be a heck of a shot, long range + partial cover; besides, according to PTN, Isokoru isn't critical to mission success (none of us are, apparently), so, we're all expendable?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007

My first impulse for the Battlemaster is to stay in place and pivot to 1021 to unload on the Summoner.

Jumping the Sagittarius to 1418/1419 would allow you to engage the Epona as well, then close to knife range with the Stone Rhino. M4 would give you partial cover?

Suggestions? We're in a bit of a pickle on a hot driveway.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Jew it to it! posted:

My first impulse for the Battlemaster is to stay in place and pivot to 1021 to unload on the Summoner.

I like it; I think AAAAA! Real Muenster is on to something. Sometimes, the answer is as straight forward as a hammer, and the Summoner's the nail.

Jew it to it! posted:

Jumping the Sagittarius to 1418/1419 would allow you to engage the Epona as well, then close to knife range with the Stone Rhino. M4 would give you partial cover?

If the jumping rules are to be enforced, that H17 building is 17 levels tall, meaning the 'Sag' can't cross those building hexes unless it has 17 or more jump jets (you can clear one height elevation per jump jet), which was why I asked PTN if the Stone Rhino clearing the M4 building last turn was a mistake.

Jew it to it! posted:

Suggestions? We're in a bit of a pickle on a hot driveway.

Per my last post, initial thoughts are for the 'Sag' to jump to 0921, facing 0922, and rear MPL the Epona, LPL/ER PPC the Summoner. Don't think the LOS works from 1118 to 1519.

Or, maybe just jump to 1118, MPL and kick the Epona, LPL/ER PPC the Summoner, depends on how the rest of the Northern Lance wants to maneuver.

If the 'Hata' and Naginata joins in on the beat-down, we have a real shot at some :battletech: on the Summoner.

Also, I prefer "In more hot water than a Japanese tea bag"? :)

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

PoptartsNinja posted:

I was about to spend $30 on a dumb thing, but saw that the max size is 10kB. If there's a way to pare down the size or get a smilie with a larger size (it's 2017, ffs)...

:battletech:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I fixed the Stone Rhino's jump.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
The Mauler may just want to go for the man fight. Minimum range sucks so you likely come off the worse for shooting, but you've got pretty good odds of living to physicals and one good kick drops it. If you wanted to play more conservatively you could try waddling around the dropship to break line of sight, but I don't think you can escape a faster jumper in the long term, nor are you likely to get a another chance this good of making the kill.

Remember that you can use your extra point of movement to show it the torso with more armor while still being able to kick.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 10, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Voyager I posted:

Remember that you can use your extra point of movement to show it the torso with more armor while still being able to kick.

That's still front arc for damage received.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Voyager I posted:

The Mauler may just want to go for the man fight. Minimum range sucks so you likely come off the worse for shooting, but you've got pretty good odds of living to physicals and one good kick drops it. If you wanted to play more conservatively you could try waddling around the dropship to break line of sight, but I don't think you can escape a faster jumper in the long term, nor are you likely to get a another chance this good of making the kill.

The Gargoyle does have an open and damaged leg, though, and the Mauler will require a couple turns to get into the fight otherwise. The best option may be to try to ice the Gargoyle and then maybe get onto the berm around the harbor - from there it can activate the second objective and still maybe fire downrange at some point. The odds aren't fantastic given how damaged the mauler also is but it's about the best that can be done right now.

For everyone else I think putting 3 and 3 on the Summoner and Glass Spider respectively (or 4 and 2 if you're confident enough in killing the Glass Spider) is probably the best way to go. The exact combinations might not even matter, though the SGT and Isoroku probably end up targeting the Summoner and Glass Spider respectively. The Glass Spider is in an annoying position and the Summoner is by far the most dangerous unit on the board right now (especially with the Stone Rhino's official move this turn taking it even more out of the fight than the initial move did). If you can deal with those there's literally nothing preventing the two lances completing their link-up. So long as you work around their killboxes properly you should be fine.

I'll probably have time to get the telestrator going tomorrow.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

PoptartsNinja posted:

I fixed the Stone Rhino's jump.
PTN, it looks like you updated the 'before firing' map instead of the 'after firing' map with the new Stone Rhino position.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
The longer you guys wait to fight that Stone Rhino, the harder the fight is going to be.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

paragon1 posted:

The longer you guys wait to fight that Stone Rhino, the harder the fight is going to be.

That's a lot truer of the Summoner than it is the Stone Rhino, though.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
I liked the Stone Rhino's last jump better. Oh well.

Part of me wants to dump everything into this Epona and just end it but if we want to gang up on the Summoner I'm alright with that too.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Yakumo posted:

Part of me wants to dump everything into this Epona and just end it but if we want to gang up on the Summoner I'm alright with that too.

We can split the difference? Battlemaster and Naginata will unload on the Summoner, 'Sag' will split fire (fore and aft), and 'Hata' can fire at the Epona, contingency on the Summoner?

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Hold the phone. That fucker's standing in a hole. He's got partial cover from the Northern group and the South can't even see him since the hex just south of him is +1 to the -1 he's in. That tactic isn't going to work.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Yakumo posted:

Hold the phone. That fucker's standing in a hole. He's got partial cover from the Northern group and the South can't even see him since the hex just south of him is +1 to the -1 he's in. That tactic isn't going to work.

Well Sonofa . . .

Good catch, glad someone saw that before we submitted orders; I'm getting a mental image of PTN cursing your name after reading your last post. He's been sneakingly quiet about it too, the little Dalek. :)

@Northern Lance: Do we care to roll the dice on the Summoner, partial cover and all, or just try to take out both Eponas?

CourValant fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

paragon1 posted:

Agreed, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like GoonDavionGuards is in a decent position to deal with it at the moment, alongside their push south to link up with Isoroku and his Lancemates. Also, it retook position on the berm for a higher firing position, but I think the Hardened height 17 building creates a good block to its line of sight for its really dangerous long range weaponry if you guys keep in the building's shadow. That is, unless it decides to target the Mauler now.

Nice exchange of fire between the Mauler and Balius, plus the pseudo Justice Foot, setting up a comedy of errors to take out the latter via falls by leg hits and then gyro destruction after a failed attempt to get back up and falling again in the process. Really, quads haven't fared well at all this LP. Too bad, Bloodnamed Star Captain, you didn't really do much at all despite great flanking positions and turns of decent firing opportunities, rope a dope and the Mauler standing and delivering foiled your plans. Now to do the same the the Gargoyle, which should be easier with that bum leg of theirs. End it this turn, which definitely is possible, and see if you can help deal with the Stone Rhino after, and then maybe unleash the Monitors if possible? I dunno, I still want to see that Secondary Objectice done.

Shame about the missed and blocked shots on the Glass Spider by GoonSword, despite great to hit target numbers for Isoroku and crew. I guess the Jagermech did eat all of the rest of the Lance's dice luck; PTN's dice giveth, and they taketh away in the same breath. Some of that luck transferred to the Battlemaster as well, Hanse hasn't made much of an impact at all this mission, has he? Shame about the damage to the Naginata too.

At least an Epona went down as well. Since the Stone Rhino isn't in a good position to be attacked, the three mobile members of GoonDavionGuards might want to focus down the Summoner now, since it is kinda in the most threatening position to them now, while maybe aiming a shot or two to take out the lingering Epona. Let's see how this turn plays out.

PoptartsNinja posted:

:drat:

• Locked thread