Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Squizzle posted:

also to check out the hook, while the dj revolves it

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Zyla posted:

why in the ever living gently caress would people put lead into a food thing in 2017

makes it more savory or umami or w/e

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Amber alerts are 99% "oops, dad thought this was his weekend with the kids"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zyla posted:

why in the ever living gently caress would people put lead into a food thing in 2017

lead is very classy and trendy

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

funny enough my sect (soto zen) says if you feel like you had an enlightement moment, it was probably just an aneurysm or stroke

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Zyla posted:

it is, in as much as buddhism has a point

the smartest buddhists will say that nothing has a point and nothing matters

but its slightly different than straight nihilism because there's ways to improve things

My Buddhist professor would always get reaaaal stern when people started interpreting emptiness as straight nihilism, which was unusual for an otherwise really gracious Mahayana teacher.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Baloogan posted:

ya well i think ur a halfway okay poster
god drat u get judged harsh here for drunk posts

:3:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

deadgoon posted:

everyone pls remember that the cell phone emergency alert system has a priority above amber alert which absolutely cannot be deactivated

and that donald trump has the authority to use it at his discretion

Ugh, the world is gonna end just like Lawnmower Man.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

deadgoon posted:

don't worry everyone, death is not the end, u have an eternity of suffering to look forward to

Inshallah

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zyla posted:

funny enough my sect (soto zen) says if you feel like you had an enlightement moment, it was probably just an aneurysm or stroke

could be temporal lobe epilepsy

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

My Buddhist professor would always get reaaaal stern when people started interpreting emptiness as straight nihilism, which was unusual for an otherwise really gracious Mahayana teacher.

that sounds right

ITS A VERY IMPORTANT DISTINCTION WITH A SIGNIFICANT BUT SUBTLE DIFFERENCE

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Zyla posted:

if u eat a choclate bhutlah u kinda get this enlightened feeling but that's just the flood of endorphins as ur body thinks ur dyin'

it owns

edit: don't do this is u don't eat stupid hot poo poo all the time

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Amber alerts are 99% "oops, dad thought this was his weekend with the kids"

i hate the loving amber alert system. i live near a highway so i guess the system thinks im on the road so occasionally it will go off in the middle of the night

also a place i used to live near a school (cant anymroe dont ask why) and had to park on the street and because they didnt want kidnappers to park in front of it and scoop kids off the street nobody could park there. just all that beauful parking going to waste. in la pakring is definitly more valuable than a childs safety

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

BrownieMinusEye posted:

I'm not really sure why they single out MM's. Most any carbonated drink fits the category. gently caress, the tap water at work is pH 4 for some reason (same pH as lemon juice, its loving weird)

Having typed that out, I've never tasted the water, only used test strips. My tongue is a relatively good judge of acidity and I'm loving drinking that water tomorrow

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

makes it more savory or umami or w/e

or we could go back to the tried and true classic of lead sweeteners :haw:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This person was on npr talking about this book a couple days ago

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Zyla posted:

i randomly smelled sushi today, at first i was like ooooOO thats nice what is that - then i was like OH NO FUUUCKK but another false alarm

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Nonsense posted:

neat

ill have to look at it

There's been some pretty neat work done with science and buddhism being pretty copacetic

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

cumshitter posted:

one of the things i never got when i was a kid is would i see my grandparents in heaven as the old people i knew them as or would everyone be in their early 30s or something

also whats the functional differnece between heaven and a perfect holodeck??? like i better get to be able to go on a real life pokemon adventure in heaven

I always thought of heaven as like a place where you get to and God goes "Arright go nuts kid don't hurt nobody" or you like got the galactic brain and learned more about the universe and moved higher up the plane of existence

cumshitter posted:

i only drink out of vitnage 20s uranium glassware my cumshits glow in the dark

Uranimumware looks really, really cool especially at night or under a blacklight so I say go for it

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

he runs meaningoflife.tv which is pretty neat

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Zyla posted:

In my Rinzai sect they say that if you mee tthe Buddha while sitting then you should kill him. :unsmigghh:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

i dunno i just know that the romans used to put lead in lovely wine and it made it better

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Chunky Salsa posted:

I always thought of heaven as like a place where you get to and God goes "Arright go nuts kid don't hurt nobody" or you like got the galactic brain and learned more about the universe and moved higher up the plane of existence

Uranimumware looks really, really cool especially at night or under a blacklight so I say go for it

heaven is where all goon projects have been successfully completed

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
buddhism incredibly owns

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

gotta finally get this off my chest: the 1x1px white square at the bottom right of :3: gets me somewhere deep & foundational

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
my sect is way of the jerking fist

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Chunky Salsa posted:

whoa this glass looks awesome

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Mr. Pool posted:

In my Rinzai sect they say that if you mee tthe Buddha while sitting then you should kill him. :unsmigghh:

yep! very famous quote

Before you kids go what the gently caress, its meant to illustrate the mentality that you shouldn't consider the buddha to be special in any way whatsoever, not to deify or reify him. Those that do are weird and wrong. Therefore kill him.

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Mariana Horchata posted:

i randomly smelled sushi today, at first i was like ooooOO thats nice what is that - then i was like OH NO FUUUCKK but another false alarm

So it was sushi after all?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

juche avocado posted:

gotta finally get this off my chest: the 1x1px white square at the bottom right of :3: gets me somewhere deep & foundational

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

does a dog have buddha nature

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
joyce byers didnt have an amber alert put out 2 find her boy and she managed with just fine with nothing but a rotary phone and a pack of Camels

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Zas posted:

Zuck!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

couple pages late but i have a corgi. he's super well behaved and does basically everything i tell him to do ever. great dog.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
sorry you guys dont live near decent sushi places

gently caress man id order sushi just to get the wasabi and soy and ginger bits god drat that poo poo is good

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Zas posted:

mu

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

sushi owns, coastal elite life

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

Admiral Ray posted:

whoa this glass looks awesome

I told u that poo poo owns

I once saw a punch bowl set of it at antique store but that was like $120 and drat

• Locked thread