Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kickass :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Take a break, mas

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Also, remember that there will be a stream on friday August 11th on LionGameLion's twitch that will not only answer questions, but hopefully show off some new gameplay.

I, however, already have one of my most important questions answered: Shotguns still work like they do in Payday and cause the big flippy.

https://twitter.com/RAIDWW2/status/888107758456668161

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Surprisingly there is an Xbox and PS4 version. Nice.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Crabtree posted:

Also, remember that there will be a stream on friday August 11th on LionGameLion's twitch that will not only answer questions, but hopefully show off some new gameplay.

I, however, already have one of my most important questions answered: Shotguns still work like they do in Payday and cause the big flippy.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that enemy was straight up decapitated.

edit: Dear LGL, please no Robbedanazi

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that enemy was straight up decapitated.

I'm pretty sure you're right. There are definitely two things falling over that railing.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Yep. Looks like you can dishead the nazis as well.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Like at the bare minimum you shot off his stupid hat so who knows. Either way, they released it a good time to be a good appetizer before Wolfenstien The New Colossus. ALSO A GREAT TIME TO WORK ON SOME KIND OF CROSS PROMOTION WITH MACHINEGAMES GUYS. HINT. HINT!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Any bets on what guns we will get for the inevitable Gage Historical Pack 2: RAID edition?

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
If one of the inevitable melee items isn't just a helmet you smack people with I'll be disappointed.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
If the sturmgewehr is not the ww2 equivalent of the car-4/AK I will be disappointed.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I demand a BAR

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

"starring John Cleese as the British intelligence officer Control."

Well that explains why he's in Payday 2 then.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Shadowbag posted:

If one of the inevitable melee items isn't just a helmet you smack people with I'll be disappointed.

No, no.

That's a thrown weapon.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Any bets on what guns we will get for the inevitable Gage Historical Pack 2: RAID edition?

Two words: trench gun

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Headsup, I found out via an art portfolio site that there's a golden statue of woody woodpecker hidden somewhere on Scarface Mansion. Has anyone found it?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

dogstile posted:

How are you ever not getting 10 kills every 15 seconds? Cops go down so easily that the only time I can think you're not doing that is if you've just been dozer rushed and you've taken like 10 seconds off to kill them.

On a good/goon team? Easy to get that many. Pubstoving? Roll the dice, who the gently caress knows. Like Mas said, you gotta reload sometime.

Be interesting to see what does and doesn't get carried over from Payday. That stream should be enlightening.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Welp. I guess im broke this fall. Was going totally in on Destiny 2 and copies for 2 friends. Those friends happen to be my payday 2 buddies. So i guess im throwing Raid in.

Im a mix of elated its releasing ( and has popping nazi heads off ) and sad that im gonna have an empty wallet.

Rip Wallet - 2017

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Raid is going to be a wait-and-see game for me. Only forseeable games I'm definitely buying are Wolf: New Colossus and Far Cry 5.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Raid confirmed for decapitation via shotgun.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Talkc posted:

Welp. I guess im broke this fall. Was going totally in on Destiny 2 and copies for 2 friends. Those friends happen to be my payday 2 buddies. So i guess im throwing Raid in.

Im a mix of elated its releasing ( and has popping nazi heads off ) and sad that im gonna have an empty wallet.

Rip Wallet - 2017

Look at this dweeb, not spending $350 for a Switch and the Freshest KidSquid shooter of the year.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

Raid confirmed for decapitation via shotgun.

Shotgun master race is the truest master race.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Raid: Car Shop: Jeep

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

swims posted:

Raid: Car Shop: Jeep

Car Shop: Tank

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Crabtree posted:

So is Raid a totally new thing or that last dlc that was talked about? Also is Control a reference to A Bit of Fry & Laurie?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

juliuspringle posted:

So is Raid a totally new thing or that last dlc that was talked about? Also is Control a reference to A Bit of Fry & Laurie?

Raid is a completely new game developed by Lion Game Lion, which was founded by Overkill employees and also developed content for Payday 2. It shares some fundamental concepts but we have yet to see just how much really carries over.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
It carries over the Diesel Engine, which is worrying cause that thing is showing the strain of time in PD2. I also don't think that Raid is getting music from Viklund, so that's a sit-out for me for now.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Manuel Calavera posted:

Look at this dweeb, not spending $350 for a Switch and the Freshest KidSquid shooter of the year.

Well i could buy a switch and splatoon. Or i could buy 3 copies of Destiny 2 ( and assuming Raid is gonna be 60 ) 3 copies of Raid. And have fun with friends, and not random mayo squirting eldritch horrors.

And id save 50 bucks. :smuggo:

Edit: Caveat: Raid and Destiny 2 could both turn out to be poo poo, and i would have spent 300 dollars on crap. Egg on face.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Pretty sure RAID won't be full price.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Thinking about it now, i dont remember if Payday 2 was full price, i got it as GOTY on sale and gifted to me.

Speaking of Payday 2, i have a friend who just got into it, and only has the base game, anyone have any idea of what kind of price id be looking at to gift him the full dlc package? I know it discounts it for you if you have dlc, but does that carry over to gifts?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I wanna say PD2's only ever been like 30 bucks at most, so yeah RAID's not likely to be some AAA pricing.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yardbomb posted:

I wanna say PD2's only ever been like 30 bucks at most, so yeah RAID's not likely to be some AAA pricing.
Well, Raid is not AAA and was made by a small company in what, Croatia?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Is there a Raid thread yet?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Well, Raid is not AAA and was made by a small company in what, Croatia?

That's what I mean, things aren't pointing to it being a $60 game or any of that. :v:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Talkc posted:

Thinking about it now, i dont remember if Payday 2 was full price, i got it as GOTY on sale and gifted to me.

Speaking of Payday 2, i have a friend who just got into it, and only has the base game, anyone have any idea of what kind of price id be looking at to gift him the full dlc package? I know it discounts it for you if you have dlc, but does that carry over to gifts?

Unless they fixed it since the last time I tried doing this, you can't.

The store only has one thing in it - Payday 2 Ultimate Edition. Everyone who has Payday 2 has that version, though not all versions have all the DLC enabled. You can't buy the DLC separate, and you can't gift someone Ultimate Edition as they already have it on their account (without the DLC).

Overkill hosed that part up pretty bad.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

Unless they fixed it since the last time I tried doing this, you can't.

The store only has one thing in it - Payday 2 Ultimate Edition. Everyone who has Payday 2 has that version, though not all versions have all the DLC enabled. You can't buy the DLC separate, and you can't gift someone Ultimate Edition as they already have it on their account (without the DLC).

Overkill hosed that part up pretty bad.
All of the above is true. The DLC bundle is personalised and therefore ungiftable.

Yet another casualty of the excellent idea to change an intimidating list of DLC into an intimidating $45 buy-in.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Talkc posted:

Well i could buy a switch and splatoon. Or i could buy 3 copies of Destiny 2 ( and assuming Raid is gonna be 60 ) 3 copies of Raid. And have fun with friends, and not random mayo squirting eldritch horrors.

And id save 50 bucks. :smuggo:

Edit: Caveat: Raid and Destiny 2 could both turn out to be poo poo, and i would have spent 300 dollars on crap. Egg on face.

Mayo was just last weekened, and we won all over the globe. Splatfest law now says Mayo is the best condiment. :smuggo:

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Well thanks Overkill, you just lost yourself money, by making me not be able to gift things. GOOD MOVE. :bang:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Talkc posted:

Well thanks Overkill, you just lost yourself money, by making me not be able to gift things. GOOD MOVE. :bang:

It's on Valve/Steam, they made it so that bundle type things are all kinds of hosed up now and you just can't gift them at all anymore. A buddy was gonna buy the new Hitman for some people since it's on sale and we had to dig into what the deal was that he couldn't gift it, at first he thought it was because he already owned it but I tried throwing it in my cart too and nope, stuff like that is all ~personalized for your account~ status now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
God i just love the concept of gaming as a service. Cant wait till they finalize making cars, electronics, and everything else that way.

All hail the digital age, you own nothing, have no rights as a consumer, get hosed pay up.