Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

akadajet posted:

LOL never mind. He went to a Microsoft store and tried to buy one but they told him their computers weren't set up correctly to sell it. What a poo poo show.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

akadajet posted:

akadajet posted:

my idiot friend bought a surface pro today after i told him it was a dumb idea
LOL never mind. He went to a Microsoft store and tried to buy one but they told him their computers weren't set up correctly to sell it. What a poo poo show.
lmao

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

akadajet posted:

divine intervention imo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

so in the past, what, month? in this thread, we've had three defective razers including one where the power plug literally was shaped wrong, and "we can't sell computers at this computer store because of our computers"

lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

akadajet posted:

amazing, consistency between the windows app store and the microsoft store

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i think a better question is how long have you been the international stereotype of a typical american imo

i forgot the other reason people use 24 hour clocks: they're weeaboo japanophiles

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

univbee posted:

amazing, consistency between the windows app store and the microsoft store

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
if you use a 12 hour clock ur probably the sort of assjacket that writes programs that write local times to persistent storage

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol all that media bribe money doesn't go far enough I guess

quote:

Consumer Reports is pulling its recommendation of four Microsoft laptops after one of its surveys found that users were complaining about problems with the devices.

The consumer advocacy group said Thursday that it can no longer recommend Microsoft laptops or tablets because of poor reliability compared to other brands. Microsoft said the findings don't accurately reflect Surface owners' "true experiences."

The consumer group says Microsoft machines have performed well in laboratory testing. But a subscriber survey found start-up and freezing problems. The devices losing their "recommended" status are the Surface Laptop (128GB and 256GB versions) and Surface Book (128GB and 512GB versions).

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
windows 10 is loving miraculous at creating unreproducable, but nevertheless real, hanging issues on random machines

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

qirex posted:

lol all that media bribe money doesn't go far enough I guess

Came here to post this, rip my surface pro 3 by next year

quote:

NEW YORK — Consumer Reports has removed its coveted “recommendation” designation for four Microsoft Surface laptops it had previously blessed with such status.

At issue, the publication says, is the “predicted reliability” of the Microsoft machines compared to most other brands, which Consumer Reports said was worse by a "statistically significant margin."

Consumer Reports based its decision on the results of an annual subscriber survey about the products such people own and use.

It estimates Microsoft’s laptops and tablets will experience breakage rates of 25% within two years of ownership, loosely defined as any issue that comes up that prevents the computer from working as the owner expects.

Microsoft: worse by a statistically significant margin

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

After 2 years it's time to throw your laptop into the trash and get another anyways. I see no problem here.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
apparently the screen of the surfacebook will turn off if there is too much black

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

akadajet posted:

After 2 years it's time to throw your laptop into the trash and get another anyways. I see no problem here.

not a thinkpad user, i see

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/chordbug/status/895717442827165697

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

is that even counting the jizzrag keyboard being filthy and disgusting after a month?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

man those keyboards get so bad so quickly

i had to help manage many dozens of devices that were being shipped aroudn the coutnry for a variety of training programs

loving yuck

(the button placement meant that they would constantly turn themselves on in transit and drain the battery. this would happen when the device was ostensibly off, not sleeping.)

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

duh of course it will work on feb 29. it's dec 31 of a year that yad a leap day that things will blow up.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Is the non profit mentioned in that article in reference to Microsoft :smug:

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

IBM made a platform called System/360 which "covered all the angles", and followed it up with System/370.

What I'm saying is, Microsoft should just release Office 366, and then Office 367.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Doom Mathematic posted:

IBM made a platform called System/360 which "covered all the angles", and followed it up with System/370.

What I'm saying is, Microsoft should just release Office 366, and then Office 367.

Office One

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqO0nOgVD8w

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Doom Mathematic posted:

the follow-up to system/370 was .... system/390.

it's twenty more, see

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Office One X for Business

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the follow-up to system/370 was .... system/390.

it's twenty more, see

after that, the next logical step was s/400 but of course they already had the as/400 so they called it system z instead, but half everything calls it s390 anyway

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

akadajet posted:

Imagine going to an Apple store and being told "I'm sorry, we can't sell you a computer today. We need to update our system"

the difference there is that apple doesnt need to restart their store to install updates

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

LastInLine posted:

the difference there is that apple doesnt need to restart their store to install updates

lol. right.

remember when they had to take their web store offline to add content, then they just kept doing it because people expected it?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

anthonypants posted:

apparently the screen of the surfacebook will turn off if there is too much black

racist

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

its a reference to the fact that unlike windows updates endlessly rebooting your machine macos silently installs updates without user intervention or interruption

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i know, and it's a really bad one because they literally do take their store offline for updates.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

infernal machines posted:

i know, and it's a really bad one because they literally do take their store offline for updates.

source from this year?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/21/apple-online-store-down-maintenance/

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/06/05/apple-online-store-down-wwdc-2017/

a thing apple has done every year since it had an online presence? do you have proof of this??????

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

you're so loving mad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

literally shaking irl

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i mean microsoft stores are a loving joke, a tumbleweed blowing through would be considered a rush, but you can't make a sick burn about shutting down stores for updates based on apple

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

its all pomp and circumstance but its arguably less sad than a desert of tablets being +1 in the middle of the work week and nobody noticing

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the real sad thing about the microsoft stores is the deals werent good enough to justify anything, so i have yet to get a surface to tinker with things

oh and that they had a 3d printer to look cool, but no examples unlike microcenter with like a loving pile of things to play with

maybe if it 3d printed customers lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Agile Vector posted:

the real sad thing about the microsoft stores is
...is the way they sited them all near apple stores so the contrast in foot traffic is really noticeable and hilarious

• Locked thread