Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

cumshitter posted:

God drat, how good was that Chad's dick if even a dying father can't get them over it.

six years down the line and they still can't get over their feud over pubescent boydick long enough to spend a last few days with their dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Barudak posted:

He takes his son to mount fuji to do a beer ceremony, passing onto him the family gun, confirming to his son that there are no other heirs, the clan name and Ford F150 is his alone.

The daughters hosed up of their own accord, but that opens the possibility of some fan-loving-tastic father-son experiences.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

Japan isn't really as fun if you aren't a weirdo white guy anyways hth

Nah, its really nice in a "This entire country is like being in a hospice facility where you can smoke" which, uh, yeah maybe he should pick a different country to visit.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

six years down the line and they still can't get over their feud over pubescent boydick long enough to spend a last few days with their dad

If it got physical it's probably not about the dick any more, but yeah, suck it up for your dying father, Jesus Christ.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mllaneza posted:

The daughters hosed up of their own accord, but that opens the possibility of some fan-loving-tastic father-son experiences.

Son, I know your young and not really ready for all this but its important you understand. I won't always be there for you, and you're going to have to go through a lot of grief alone and I won't lie, its going to be hard, but more importantly, you can never tell anyone else about what you are about to see happen in this room between this woman and this bucket of eels.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WampaLord posted:

Anna Faris and Anna Kendrick

Good, good. But we actually need someone different than Nicholson, I keep forgetting how old he is (and I am) now.

Who's ~40-60 and gives off the same vibe?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Barudak posted:

Nah, its really nice in a "This entire country is like being in a hospice facility where you can smoke" which, uh, yeah maybe he should pick a different country to visit.

The 7/11s are pretty cool

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

the main activities of sixteen-year-olds are sulking, masturbating, playing videogames, and tormenting nerdier sixteen-year-olds

I[46M] am dying of terminal cancer. I want to take my family on a few days trip to Japan while I still can but my daughters are refusing to come if the other one is there and I am at my wits end here.

Haha, good. Those sisters will really learn some sweet regret from this, a feeling they can hold onto until they die.

Sucks for the dad.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Who's ~40-60 and gives off the same vibe?

Clooney.

Let's green light this bitch.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

cumshitter posted:

God drat, how good was that Chad's dick if even a dying father can't get them over it.

drat I didn't even think of that. That dude is a force of nature

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WampaLord posted:

Clooney.

Let's green light this bitch.

I don't know. I'm leaning more towards Pitt, but it's still not quite right. Seymour Hoffman would have been perfect, but, well...

mystery fluid
Feb 12, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't know. I'm leaning more towards Pitt, but it's still not quite right. Seymour Hoffman would have been perfect, but, well...

Edward Norton

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Flip it around, go young fun dad with it, make it Robert Downey Junior.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Go for them brit dollars and get Hugh Grant.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

the main activities of sixteen-year-olds are sulking, masturbating, playing videogames, and tormenting nerdier sixteen-year-olds

I[46M] am dying of terminal cancer. I want to take my family on a few days trip to Japan while I still can but my daughters are refusing to come if the other one is there and I am at my wits end here.

quote:

iirc my wife told me that first Michelle slapped her sister for calling her a whore and then she slapped her back. That's the only physical confrontation they had. But you're absolutely right, physical abuse is a bitch (I should know, my old man used to hit hard) and it is definitely a deal breaker. I know that I maybe am asking too much of them and that it's possible they will never speak to one another.

But I also feel pain when they deny me the opportunity to spend perhaps the last moment I can have with them. With my family as a whole. It sucks man, it really does.

quote:

Yes, they do [know about the cancer], but when I spoke to my oldest daughter, she only said: "we will figure something out when you get back" ... I don't want to figure something out when I get back, I want for them to suck it up and try to get along for at least 3 or 4 months. And all of this because of some stupid high school boy drama ...
This is 100% going to end in tragedy and there's gently caress-all OP can do about it.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Found a solid comment:

quote:

I'd ask them straight out to make it realistic. "So which one of you are going to my wake and which one the funeral?"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Also I like how in the story the fight was over one sister thinking the boy cheated on her with the other but actually it turned out he cheated on her with some other chick and the sister simply was catching him on the rebound as if that somehow made it better.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
I'm months behind but slowly catching up on this thread, I sometimes google the results to see if there's any updates and I saw that there was an update to a story posted a few months ago that went up yesterday. This is the one about the employee being forced to leave a note at a coworker's family members grave.

quote:

My boss made me leave a work-related note at the grave of my bereaved coworker’s relative

Three weeks ago one of my coworkers lost a relative. She has been off work on bereavement and family leave. Our boss isn’t happy with her being off for so long. Since it is out of his control and he doesn’t get to approve or deny her leave in this case (the HR department is in charge of that) I have been doing my best to ignore him whenever he complains.

Last week my boss gave me an envelope with my coworker’s on it and told me to leave it at the grave of my coworker’s relative. He said it was a condolence card at first, but I didn’t buy it because our work had already sent a card. When I asked him about it again, he said it was a note with some work-related items only she knows about and he needs answers ASAP and she won’t answer her (personal, not work) phone when he calls her. He gave me directions to the cemetery and everything.

Alison, I hope you don’t judge me for this but I did what he said and brought the envelope to the grave. I don’t know if she has seen it yet. I am horrified and disgusted with this. I am disgusted with myself. My boss threatened my job if I didn’t but it’s still no excuse. I don’t even have a year of work experience not counting internships in college. I was scared of being fired and so I did it. But now I’m disgusted with myself and I don’t know what I should do about this. I imagine telling my boss off or telling his boss but I’m scared to actually do it. I wish I had never delivered the letter but I don’t know what to do next. Any help or tips you or your readers have for me would be so helpful.

And now, the update.

quote:

Thank you again. The updates you have posted on your site reminded me I should update you on what happened. I went back to the cemetery because I felt so bad, but the note wasn’t there and I felt sick to my stomach after that. I was hoping the gardener or someone from the cemetery cleared it away but either my coworker or someone in her family found it. I was going to tell HR but I didn’t get a chance because it was found first.

My coworker was so mad. She emailed other people at work to tell them what happened and came in to the HR office even though she was still on leave and made a scene. She left in tears. The note was clearly from our boss but he denied leaving it there and said I delivered it. He had emailed me about going to deliver something and I said “okay” but nowhere in the email did it say what the note was. He only told me when I went to get it from him.

He denied threatening my job and the HR department was angry at me for delivering the note to the grave instead of bringing it to them and telling them what happened. I never confronted him either or told HR about it. I was going to but my coworker went to them first. Someone else we work with (I don’t know who) told my coworker it was me who delivered it. She sent me an email saying I’m a horrible person. There were no threats in it and has been no other contact from her so there is nothing I can do about the email. She sent our boss a similar email. Besides telling people at work, she called a few of our clients and told them too. There was so much backlash from both my coworkers and the clients. I was fired along with our boss. No one from HR or any of my coworkers supported me and they blamed me as much as my boss.

I couldn’t get unemployment because I had not worked for a full 12 months and also because I was fired for misconduct. I have been looking for a new job but I haven’t found anything yet. I have been temping in a field that is related to the field my old job was in but is separate enough I feel I can make a new start. The field is also relevant to my degree. I am planning on leaving my old job off my resume after what happened and because I was there for less then a year. Even though this was my first job ever, I did an internship each summer when I was in college and between those and temping I’m hoping it’s enough experience to find a job. Given how the economy and job market is, I am hoping it won’t look strange for someone to have not found a full time job a year after they graduated. I don’t want to go back to the same field because my coworker told so many people from inside and outside of the company and every single person supported her and blamed me and our boss. I still live at home and feel fortunate that my parents have said I can stay until I can afford to live on my own.

I regret what I did and I’m still upset with myself over my actions. I wish I had not been fired but I realize there is nothing I can do about it no matter how I feel. I hope to make a new start in a new field. Thanks for being gracious with your answer. Thanks to all the people who left gracious comments.

The manager is a ghoulish dick but I really can't be upset about the ending to the story, she shouldn't have contributed to the harassment of a grieving coworker rather than just going to HR.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

I could see the guy being such a big doormat that he'd be unwilling to bring it up himself but it's weird that he would then argue with his gf about it. Not even just argue but flat out yell at her. It's like his "stand up for himself" sense is literally the opposite of what it should be.

This is an aspergers tale as old as aspergers time. You'll notice that they always yell at women. wow how weird.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

RPZip posted:

I'm months behind but slowly catching up on this thread, I sometimes google the results to see if there's any updates and I saw that there was an update to a story posted a few months ago that went up yesterday. This is the one about the employee being forced to leave a note at a coworker's family members grave.

And now, the update.

The manager is a ghoulish dick but I really can't be upset about the ending to the story, she shouldn't have contributed to the harassment of a grieving coworker rather than just going to HR.

I mean if they just went to HR they probably woulda lost their job in short order anyways. If the note was clearly from the boss and everyone was aware of that then the same lopsided system that pinned all the blame on the OP wouldn't have exactly been helpful even if they did the right thing.

e: actually I read more through the second post looks like both them and the boss ate poo poo, which I can understand better. I still feel like the deserved a little leniency for being threatened but w/e as long as the boss still got fired I'm okay with that outcome.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 10, 2017

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I [18M] feel like my friendship with girl [20F] who I met in an MMO is becoming too much of a commitment.

quote:

Sorry for making this unnecessary long, I'm not good at keeping texts short.

I met this girl a few months ago in a MMO (online game). We got along very well and would talk for hours everyday at the beginning. She's the nicest person I've met and everything felt great at first, but then "real-life" things caught up to me and our daily chatting couldn't go on...

She didn't like that we started meeting up much less and it triggered several big emotional fights. We both suffer from depression but have opposite needs, she has her longing for closeness while I am what you could call an introvert. The constant social contact has become exhausting. I have tried to put my feelings aside and conform to her needs but that hasn't worked for me at all. In fact it has made everything worse. I hate being the bad guy so I ended up promising things I couldn't keep, which is partly because I didn't know myself well enough. I know it was a mistake. She knows about my need for alone-time now, but hasn't taken it seriously. That makes me pretty upset, but I try to ignore that feeling to not start more fights.

I am very scared of the role I have in her life and I feel bad for being scared. She doesn't have any other close friends or anybody else that really cares for her, and she has been suicidal before. If her deep-depression period returns she says it is likely she will kill herself because she can't go through something like that again. Sometimes she mentions suicidal thoughts and they have been worrying me a lot. She also mentions she is afraid she will lose me, that she "messes everything up and nobody likes her", but I told her I wouldn't do that. Now I feel like I have a huge responsibility. I don't actually want to end it, but I realized about a week ago that the friendship on her terms is not sustainable, and I doubt she can be content with giving me the space I need since she has been ignoring it so far.

I don't know how I should be feeling about this "responsibility". I don't have much experience. She is very attached to me and I suspect she has a crush on me as well. About two weeks ago she started sending me hearts and kisses a lot, and saying that she loves me every time we talk. The first time I thought it was a friendship one-time thing so I replied that I love her too and some other nice things which felt genuine at the time. I didn't think I overdid it but she probably took it as a confirmation of me feeling the same strong feelings as her because she has kept doing it since that day. I hosed up again.

I'm so conflicted. I honestly feel like a bad person for even feeling this way, I mean we are friends... I don't want to be one of those people who are only there when it fits them, but lately I'm becoming the person who doesn't "bring anything to a relationship" since I don't stay online long enough to talk. It's just so tiring and stressful and I don't know what to do. Sometimes I seriously feel that all of this is my fault, that I should stop being so selfish and start being a better friend, but after writing it down here it seems like it's not only my problem. I should probably add that she isn't as bad as I'm making her sound, she is generally very considerate and listens to me, just not on this particular topic. I suspect it's because she simply doesn't understand that I'm serious.

How do I talk to her without upsetting her and triggering some deep depression/anxiety period? I'm seriously worried I could do that because I know she is very worried I will abandon her. Also I need some advice on how to handle her "love" for me, would our relationship be repairable at all if I made it clear I don't have any romantic feelings? If not, what do I do?

TL;DR; Female friend in MMO with life-long depression and suicidal thoughts is very attached to me/possibly has a crush. It's exhausting for me to chat so much and I don't know how to tell her that I need space.

Edit: I don't actually play the game much anymore since I don't have time. I chat with this person through a phone app most of the time now. She's not just a gaming friend since we have been talking daily for months.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Pick posted:

This is an aspergers tale as old as aspergers time. You'll notice that they always yell at women. wow how weird.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2015/07/20/men-who-harass-women-online-are-quite-literally-losers-new-study-finds/

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

RPZip posted:

And now, the update.

do they not teach about the Nuremberg defense in high school history anymore

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Take the son, forget the daughters. Let them deal with the inevitable guilt that their father died with a broken heart which will forever haunt them. If you feel generous you write them letters to be delivered like ten years later expressing how hurt you were but that you still loved them to the end and that you forgive them and boom you've just run circles around your family.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

Take the son, forget the daughters. Let them deal with the inevitable guilt that their father died with a broken heart which will forever haunt them. If you feel generous you write them letters to be delivered like ten years later expressing how hurt you were but that you still loved them to the end and that you forgive them and boom you've just run circles around your family.

owned

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Someone bought a used car and found that in the glovebox.

mystery fluid
Feb 12, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Haifisch posted:

I [18M] feel like my friendship with girl [20F] who I met in an MMO is becoming too much of a commitment.

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is a WoW Relationship Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Delete Your Account

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Kurieg posted:

This is the healthiest arrangement I've ever seen.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kurieg posted:

This woman is without a doubt more loved than I have ever been. Godspeed strict boundaries girl. May your kills be swift and just

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
It's a negotiation tactic, she really just wants that once a fortnight date to olive garden. The rest is negotiable.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Kurieg posted:

Mooooommm I'm 31 I can drive the Honda when I want

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I wonder if she cheated with Tyler, Noah, Devon, and Josh or if she simply broke her own rules constantly with them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

COMRADES posted:

Yo I fuckin' scrolled down and noticed the 'other threads in this subreddit' and:

[AZ] Discovered a video of my father raping me as a child (self.legaladvice)
submitted 4 days ago by throwaway4848900980

Short and loving brutal.

With one other detail:

quote:

The worst thing about this is my mother was present in the video as well, she seemed to allow it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ArbitraryC posted:

I wonder if she cheated with Tyler, Noah, Devon, and Josh or if she simply broke her own rules constantly with them.

If she hasn't broken at least half of those rules in any 6 month period I'd be very surprised.

At least she let her partner write up a similar list of rules for her... right?

Whoever took the pic folded over the bottom of the sheet. I say name and shame this crazy bint and save someone else the headache.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Either she killed that dude and sold his car, or he fled and sold it for the down payment on an apartment in a town where nobody knows either of them.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

This makes me unfathomably angry. Someone needs to slap that 16 year old girls poo poo.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

This makes me unfathomably angry. Someone needs to slap that 16 year old girls poo poo.

This is r/relationships, you know drat well princess clingy there is [35F].

EDIT: Sorry, forgot tl;dr and mods deleted my post

tl;dr: She craycray and oldold

Bubblyblubber fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 10, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yea, if she was 16, she wouldn't have 4 ex boyfriends already, that girl is at least mid 20s

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My (29/M) photographer gf (30/F) of 3 years poses a lot of pictures of other people but me online and on her website.

quote:

My (29/M) girlfriend (30/F) is a photographer. She posts pictures of the same people, mainly her closest friends and family, they're mostly males, and it makes me feel bad. She also has a portfolio website containing pictures of many guys and zero of me. Her social media behavior is making me feel bad too, she would like other people's posts and pictures but not mine. It makes me feel jealous and I wonder if this is too petty to even be brought up. It's not like she's hiding me either, but I am still jealous of her male friends and family members because they are more exposed on her website and social media that me, her own boyfriend of 3 years. I've always played around the idea of bringing this up but I'm afraid it would be too petty of a problem and it would just make me look immature. Please give me some advice.

TL/DR: photographer girlfriend posts pictures of male friends and family members online and rarely of me. Her main website portfolio has none of me.

We see plenty of insecurity stories in this thread, but jesus christ dude

EDIT:

quote:

have you told her you want her to post pictures of you online as well? if she doesn't know you want her to, you can't expect her to just do it. maybe she doesn't think you'd be willing to!

bring it up and tell her you wanna take part too :) good luck!

as for the liking stuff on FB and such.. don't take it personally. whenever i like people's photos, etc, i'm just doing it absentmindedly so i'm sure she is too. or maybe she just likes their work if it's photography?

OP posted:

She doesn't like stuff online often but when she does, they're from her friends. As far as the first part of your answer, I thought about telling her but at the same time I feel like that should already be a given. I am the closest person to her, I'm her boyfriend so I felt the need to not even ask, I already expected her to know. It feels embarrassing to even ask lol.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

you're not only gonna pull the relationship equivalent of when they uploaded too many directives in robocop 2 but also take gettin' brain off the table entirely?

i hope that guy kept the list to laugh at with his pals after he dumped her on the spot