Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

I like how he says $1300 like it's suppose to be a significant amount that could definitely fix the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gizmodo/status/895450781515755520

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Kekekela posted:

they could've bought 2 smartphones for the homeless

:confused:

Why would they need to spend their own money when the homeless can get their very own Obamaphones at the taxpayer expense?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mr Interweb posted:

Am I the only one that seems relieved at the idea that Trump's going back to simply killing a mere 22 million of us?

technically his real goal there is just to kill mitch mcconnell

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

evilweasel posted:

technically his real goal there is just to kill mitch mcconnell

I'm okay with this.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

'gently caress off, we're full.'

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Bet that must really stuck in the craw of the father of that dancing group of daughters.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Seems like a solid midterm strategy, but I'm sure there are going to be some people who are mad that they aren't focusing on Medicaid or coverage totals.

The main attack line Dems are going to use in 2018 on Healthcare is the "Age Tax" from Trumpcare that would get rid of community rating.

Here's the first ad that the House Majority PAC has come out with. It's going to be the same in every district, but with the incumbent's name changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfw7Egu7FHw

quote:

The ad will air in the districts of GOP congressmen who voted for the repeal bill and its “age tax that could devastate retirements.”

"House Republicans decided to throw their constituents under the bus by voting for a disastrous healthcare bill that imposes a devastating ‘Age Tax’ on older Americans,”

"It's simply unforgivable that House Republicans voted to hurt our seniors while cutting taxes for millionaires."

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 10, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Samovar posted:

Bet that must really stuck in the craw of the father of that dancing group of daughters.

That guy was an idiot so he's probably still trying to work out if Trump is a stand up person or not.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Case in point

WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAACCCEEEEEEE

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

happyhippy posted:

WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAACCCEEEEEEE

REMEMBER ME EDDIE? WHEN I VOTED FOR TRUMP, I TALKED JUST, LIKE, THIS!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
At this point I just want to find every single person responsible for the Democratic Party's messaging and brain them with a toilet seat.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Jacobus Spades posted:

NPR did a piece the other day digging into Trump retweeting what seemed to be a bot and the network of similar accounts all using stock photos for profile pictures. It turns out they were using the actual name and identity of the person in the photo without their consent to post the pro-Trump tweets, so it's possible that's lead to a more thorough investigation and shutdown of the fraudulent accounts.

It also made front page on washingtonpost.com and was making the rounds in tech blogs/news. I feel it is very likely that it caught the eye of someone high up at Twitter and that some team was told "This makes our service look really bad. Get more aggressive about taking down these sorts of bot nets."

Or other botnet operators saw this one get wiped out and are laying low for a bit.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Ike Perlmutter was banished to the Marvel TV Division (for non-Netflix shows) and Kevin Feige is in charge of the movie division.

You can watch the new Avengers movie with a semi-clean conscious knowing that you are helping a company that employs Ike Perlmutter, but that Ike Perlmutter had no role in the movie and does not directly profit from its success.

I guess you should boycott Inhumans, The Gifted, and Legion, though.

I'm not even sure what control he has over the TV side. Agents of SHIELD took tons of thinly veiled swipes against the Trump campaign/administration this past season, like, always in comparison to HYDRA/Nazis

Also, Legion is pretty good.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Young Freud posted:

Let's not forget the classic What If? story, "What If Captain America Was Thawed Out Today?", which had the return of the anti-Communist impostor Cap and Bucky of the '50s bring about a totalitarian and racist American police state in the 1980s (I know, I know) that defrosted Steve Rogers along with disgraced SHIELD operatives led by Nick Fury, the Navy (who has been isolated from American society due to undesirable ethnic, religious and racial politics) and black revolutionaries following "Snap" Wilson (a.k.a. the Falcon) fight to overthrow.

Sorry to drag the comics chat back up, but seriously, that was a good comic.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Sesq posted:

I'm not even sure what control he has over the TV side. Agents of SHIELD took tons of thinly veiled swipes against the Trump campaign/administration this past season, like, always in comparison to HYDRA/Nazis

Also, Legion is pretty good.

He's the Executive Producer of Marvel TV. He budgets all the shows, works out distribution deals, has some role in hiring the production staff for each show, determines production schedules, and approves new series.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

AceOfFlames posted:

https://twitter.com/dailydot/status/895497143401807872

Send the entire @realDonaldTrump feed so that this species can finally be put out of its misery.

The Galactic Council reviews the evidence and decides to enact the rare double Exterminatus

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Yea Legion is way better than any of the MCU schlock.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/grossdm/status/895617919572361216

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Iron Fist is pretty lovely, but it's also headed by the guy who ruined Dexter.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

AceOfFlames posted:

https://twitter.com/dailydot/status/895497143401807872

Send the entire @realDonaldTrump feed so that this species can finally be put out of its misery.

THIS 👏 PLACE 👏 IS 👏 NOT 👏 A 👏 PLACE 👏 OF 👏 HONOR 💯💩👻

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Data Graham posted:

THIS 👏 PLACE 👏 IS 👏 NOT 👏 A 👏 PLACE 👏 OF 👏 HONOR 💯💩👻

Perfect

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I wonder if he even knows DOT exists

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Oxxidation posted:

At this point I just want to find every single person responsible for the Democratic Party's messaging and brain them with a toilet seat.

it's fine. only old people watch tv so it makes sense to target them with tv ads. the digital messaging is prob gonna be way different

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Poll: Half of Republicans would back postponing 2020 election if Trump proposed it

quote:

Slightly more than half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 presidential election if President Trump proposed it to make sure only eligible American citizens can vote, according to a new survey.

According to a poll published by The Washington Post, 52 percent of Republicans said they would back a postponement of the next election if Trump called for it.

If Trump and congressional Republicans proposed postponing the election to ensure only eligible citizens could vote, support from Republicans rises to 56 percent.

Pollsters found 47 percent of Republicans think Trump won the popular vote.

A majority of Republicans, 68 percent, also thinks millions of illegal immigrants voted in the presidential election and 73 percent think voter fraud happens somewhat or very often.

Jesus Christ

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

the talent deficit posted:

it's fine. only old people watch tv so it makes sense to target them with tv ads. the digital messaging is prob gonna be way different

Jon Ossoff's holding a panel on how to win the 2018 elections. It's maddening, farcical stuff.

The Democrats have been crap at outreach since the 2008 elections and they're totally incapable of adapting to the latest political climate. It's even worse now, because the constant threat of impending doom means that more people are paying attention to them than usual, and the ideas people are totally oblivious to all of it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Oxxidation posted:

Jon Ossoff's holding a panel on how to win the 2018 elections.

Seriously?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

Jon Ossoff's holding a panel on how to win the 2018 elections. It's maddening, farcical stuff.

The Democrats have been crap at outreach since the 2008 elections and they're totally incapable of adapting to the latest political climate. It's even worse now, because the constant threat of impending doom means that more people are paying attention to them than usual, and the ideas people are totally oblivious to all of it.

Jim Messina thought he could just go to England, campaign for May, and then come back here to be a #resist leader and no would would notice.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

Seriously?

Seriously. That was not a joke. I appreciate your faith in my jokeman prowess but I'm not that loving funny

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Charlz Guybon posted:

This ignores South Korea.
- Monoethnic country (same ethnicity as NK)
- GDP 11th in the world.
- Defense Budget 10th in the world.
- 625k active military members
- 3.1 million reserve members

It's not the US acting alone. South Korea has more conventional militarily power than any other American ally.

Not 100% sure where you mean this argument to go, as the biggest single issue with going to actual war with NK is that they will cause a lot of damage to the south very quickly. There just isn't a defense budget or size of army that can stop a rain of artillery fire once it has started to fall. South Korea has very good reasons to be very worried about the way the situation is getting escalated.

It is not like NK can level Seoul, but it is a metropolitan area of 25 million people, they do not have to do that much to have a war start off on a very horrifying note.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Oxxidation posted:

If you don't shut up I'll hold my breath until I pass out!

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

So maddening and farcical that its not even true.

He is part of a panel, along with noted loser Nina Turner (blew out with a 20 something point loss), to discuss 2018. Sam Stein's been misleading again on twitter about Democrats.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I want to watch Gianforte's panel.

Radish posted:

Jim Messina thought he could just go to England, campaign for May, and then come back here to be a #resist leader and no would would notice.

https://twitter.com/Messina2012/status/872777414048460800
"Where May & Corbyn spent the #GE2017 campaign. Corbyn barely set foot in Labour marginals and visited more Tory strongholds than May."
https://twitter.com/FrankThomas27/status/872971706276753408

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Oxxidation posted:

Seriously. That was not a joke. I appreciate your faith in my jokeman prowess but I'm not that loving funny

It wasn't a joke, it was just wrong.

Jeff Stein lied about it on twitter leading a bunch of self righteous twitter outburst that slowly filters outward.

Honey Trap Queen
Jul 30, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

they should have spent that money on some better wigs so they can stop looking like they shop at halloween usa

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

farraday posted:

It wasn't a joke, it was just wrong.

Jeff Stein lied about it on twitter leading a bunch of self righteous twitter outburst that slowly filters outward.

for gently caress's sake is there a single tweet anywhere that isn't just a single tendril of a taproot of labyrinthine hysterical bullshit

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Honey Trap Queen posted:

they should have spent that money on some better wigs so they can stop looking like they shop at halloween usa

Yeah, don't do this

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

for gently caress's sake is there a single tweet anywhere that isn't just a single tendril of a taproot of labyrinthine hysterical bullshit

People given a platform where there are zero consequences for lying will lie to support their views.

Stop using random rear end people on Twitter for news or politics.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

In fairness, this would DEFINITELY piss liberals off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

This is insanely hosed up, but I guess it's not scary unless you think that the GOP would be okay with this.... Hahaha who are we kidding, The American Experiment is a failure.

aware of dog posted:

Yeah, don't do this

This.

• Locked thread