Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I was surprised that there was no option to change language for the eshop, it seems to default to the regional language when it would make sense to check the language of the device.

Yeah, that seems to be the case, but it's not bad to navigate in. Searching would be a problem though I suppose for non-native speakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I really need to make a US account so I can buy PPT for much less

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's the deal with the pinwheels in Zelda? Are they just things?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Guy Goodbody posted:

They're indications that a Korok is near by.

e: Specifically, a pin wheel means that there is an arrow challenge near by. When you stand next to a pin wheel one of two things happens. Either balloons will appear and move in patterns, or Korok pots will appear and jump around in a pattern. Breaking them with arrows will cause a Korok to appear and give you his golden nut seed.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Aug 10, 2017

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's a Japan Thing, but yeah also they indicate the presence of a Korok.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Policenaut posted:

PS Vita launched with an Uncharted game, a Wipeout and a Hot Shots Golf game that were so good that they became the new standard for their franchises (they're just now replacing Hot Shots on PS4), the best new Lumines game since 2, a new Super StarDust game, portable definitive versions of Rayman Origins and Ultimate Marvel 3 (that was also feature definitive until the recent PC port), the best version of Virtua Tennis 4, and I really liked that Shinobido 2. Dreamcast had an insane lineup with stuff like Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Power Stone, NFL 2K, and House of the Dead 2. PS4 got by with definitive console versions of stuff like Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, NBA 2K, and Resogun is still a very good game.

Out of like the past 5 or 6 consoles I've bought I'd say the only one that didn't have a very good/decent launch lineup was Wii U.

That UMVC3 statement is misleading as gently caress. If you like playing a fighting game with crappy controls and on a system that is not good at all for local play (a big deal for fighting games) then sure it's okay. But in truth, Vita is not a good system for fighting games and the modes it has aren't very good nor make up for that fact.

To be honest, that Vita and PS4 lineup is still pretty weak since everything is a port and not very exciting. Botw is a port as well though at least it was a simultaneous port unlike the other examples there, and is the much better game.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Ventana posted:

To be honest, that Vita and PS4 lineup is still pretty weak since everything is a port and not very exciting.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss not a port... pretty sure neither was Hot Shots or Wipeout. Sequels sure but not ports.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I made a Japanese Nintendo Account. It was really easy. The Switch is good.

https://twitter.com/digitaldiatribe/status/895609358150582272

Making a Japanese account is really easy. It's buying the games that is tricky. I had to decipher the Japanese address system, move through Japanese Amazon, and wait like 45 minutes for them to approve my purchase of MK8D.

Still, worth it to get the game a day early.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I feel like my card company would freeze my account for fraud alert if I tried that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ventana posted:

PS4 lineup is still pretty weak since everything is a port and not very exciting.

Lol

And then to say the switch isnt mostly ports with mario kart, a nearly identical splatoon, pokken, etc.

You blind, fool.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 10, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mine did that trying to go through the regular EU one that I'm supposed to because it's based in Germany.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

zenintrude posted:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss not a port... pretty sure neither was Hot Shots or Wipeout. Sequels sure but not ports.

Those are counted in the "not very exciting" part of my post.

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol

And then to say the switch isnt mostly ports with mario kart, a nearly identical splatoon, pokken, etc.

You blind, fool.

I didn't say I liked the Switch's lineup outside of Botw though?

Last good Launch lineup is Dreamcast, and even then it was only okay. No console launch is ever going to be super astounding and people shouldn't buy consoles on a silly qualifier.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Fun Times! posted:

I feel like my card company would freeze my account for fraud alert if I tried that.

I guess what took 45 minutes was Amazon.jp was checking my Japanese address (Tokyo Municipal Building). The Reddit post that I followed (it was in the old OP) said that sometimes they just reject it. I got lucky. I felt like some super hacker being able to get MK8 early, even though region free is a feature.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol

You blind, fool.

What in the world are people expecting from a Splatoon sequel that would be so fundamentally different from the original? Like, when Doom 2 came out, did everyone complain that it should have just been a $5 WAD file?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Stardew...

https://twitter.com/mollygos/status/895628153464410112

...soon?

https://twitter.com/mollygos/status/895640439306412032

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Molly Carroll holds the entire fate of this thread in her hands.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Takoluka posted:

What in the world are people expecting from a Splatoon sequel that would be so fundamentally different from the original? Like, when Doom 2 came out, did everyone complain that it should have just been a $5 WAD file?

Getting too defensive here

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
MOLLY WE ARE BEGGING YOU

Stardew... when

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Takoluka posted:

DOOM 1's non-shareware version wasn't readily available when DOOM II was launched, the only real way to get it legally was via mail order. For most people, DOOM II was the "full" version of DOOM 1 shareware.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

univbee posted:

DOOM 1's non-shareware version wasn't readily available when DOOM II was launched, the only real way to get it legally was via mail order. For most people, DOOM II was the "full" version of DOOM 1 shareware.

Ordering a game by mail is still more likely than owning a Wii U. Splatoon 2 is fine.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am very excited for Stardew Valley to come out so I can not buy it by choice instead of being forced to not buy it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Doom 2016 on the Switch with joycon motion controls for additional RIP AND TEAR features.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doom 2016 on the Switch with joycon motion controls for additional RIP AND TEAR features.

Extreme HD Rumble IDSPISPOPD

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I wish Switch was powerful enough to play DOOM 2016 at 60fps or even Nier at like 30 but I doubt either would be feasible. Persona 3/4/5 though, I'd rather get those than SMT

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

DLC Inc posted:

Persona 3/4/5 though, I'd rather get those than SMT

Get out my swamp.

I would like to get those, along with SMT, please. I hate that my favorite franchise and all its spin-offs are scattered across like 3.5 platforms.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:stare::fh:

https://twitter.com/rNintendoSwitch/status/895642012313153536

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Does she mean testing it as in she gets to try it out or testing it as in bugs? Because those are way different.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Can't wait for "Stardew Patch When??"

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't wait for Stardew, a game I've been wanting for a long time and will probably play for 12 hours over one weekend and then never touch again.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I just bought Death Squared sight unseen to keep me busy on a five hour flight this weekend. Hope it's amazing. And now I hear Valley should be out soon :cool:

Sight unseen kind of false since I watched one youtube trailer before I bought :haw:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

You just called someone a blind fool, lol

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Real hurthling! posted:

You called him a blind fool over something he didn't say.

I bought a PS4 because it was gonna have Uncharted 4 and KOF14 and barring another game or two that's all i've got for it but i'm fine with that because KOF14 is really good.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Over the weekend played some Splatoon, then some Horizon Zero Dawn, then some BotW, then some Driveclub. Please don't fight over my two video game console buddies.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/895644152469344256

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

They sent me a brand new Switch cause they couldn't fix the issue with the wifi and now I have much better wifi signal reception. Super fast turn around too

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I've bought Stardew on both Steam and PS4. And I will happily purchase it again on Switch, for the portability factor alone, let alone it's a fun chill game.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone using this or been reading other opinions on it? https://smile.amazon.com/MAGIC-NS-Wireless-Controller-NINTENDO-Bluetooth-controllers/dp/B07413R4HS/

Buying a pro controller over that seems kind of silly especially since I'd have a few controllers I could connect.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I thought I was over stardew but tbh seeing that made me feel a pang of yearning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
I'm pretty new to Stardew Valley on PC but I had to stop playing it on my trash (not portable) PC once I heard it was headed to Switch, hopefully not much longer now.

• Locked thread