Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Princess Principal & Symphogear are my favorites for action. Haven't found a comedy that I really love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ninjewtsu posted:

so what are the good action and/or comedy animes airing this season? i'm watching my hero academia and kakegurui, and that's it.

Princess Principal

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eela6 posted:

Princess Principal & Symphogear are my favorites for action. Haven't found a comedy that I really love.
There are 3 stand-out cases for me:
  • Mahoujin Guru Guru (Action / Comedy)
  • Tsurezure Children (RomCom)
  • Aho Girl (Slapstick)
They're all pretty good, and all three are on Crunchyroll. Tsurezure and Aho Girl are 12:30 minute episodes, so the pace is super good. New Game! is also pretty rad, but that has 2 seasons and is a normal 24 minute format.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

If you aren't watching Made in Abyss, Princess Principal, Tsuredure Children and haven't given Guru Guru a shot, you're doing this season wrong. Especially the first two, contenders for best of the year so far.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

If you aren't watching Made in Abyss, Princess Principal, Tsuredure Children and haven't given Guru Guru a shot, you're doing this season wrong. Especially the first two, contenders for best of the year so far.

1 is great
2: doesn't look that appealing to me
3 is fantastic
4 I dropped about halfway through the first episode.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Season has a lot of keepers.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Nitrousoxide posted:

1 is great
2: doesn't look that appealing to me
3 is fantastic
4 I dropped about halfway through the first episode.

Yeah, Guru Guru was totally not my pace but it's definitely something that should be looked at by everyone here. It's a love it or hate it kinda deal, but I strongly implore that you watch the first two episodes of Princess Principal if you have any interest at all in spy fiction.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

The appeal of Guru-Guru depends a lot on how enthusiastic you are about parodies of JRPG tropes. It turns out I am extremely enthusiastic about them.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't really care about parodying jrpg tropes or whatever but guru guru has fun energy and i find the way all the characters bounce off each other really funny and actually kind of sweet

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rangpur posted:

The appeal of Guru-Guru depends a lot on how enthusiastic you are about parodies of JRPG tropes. It turns out I am extremely enthusiastic about them.

I don't even like early JRPGs and I still think it's a funny and very pretty show. It's good.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Colonel posted:

i don't really care about parodying jrpg tropes or whatever but guru guru has fun energy and i find the way all the characters bounce off each other really funny and actually kind of sweet

Yeah, that's why I like it. The jrpg stuff is just some nice flavor added to it.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Yeah, Guru Guru was totally not my pace but it's definitely something that should be looked at by everyone here. It's a love it or hate it kinda deal, but I strongly implore that you watch the first two episodes of Princess Principal if you have any interest at all in spy fiction.

I'll take a shot at Guru Guru. I hadn't even heard of it!

I 100% agree with you about Princess Principal. You'll know whether or not you like it by the end of the second episode.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Dorothy is best girl.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Wark Say posted:

Also, Dorothy is best girl.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like Beato and all of you are mean for neglecting her

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

They're all cool. It's just that as, Eela6 provides...
Only someone that is truly best girl would light up / smoke a cigarette , just to start coughing up immediately after her "pursuers" are gone. And that's why she's the best.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKRSIs_FIOg

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Is this a season 2? A remake?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a new series, don't think there's any indication of if it'll reuse stories or not. kino didn't really have a continuity for this to be a legit sequel either

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

Is this a season 2? A remake?
new series. definitely not a remake. might reuse the arena story + kino's origin story but everything else should be new. the promo pics show the two other protagonist characters that the novels sometimes follow (shizu, that guy with the dog from the arena two-parter, and kino's mentor, shishou) so presumably we'll get adaptations of some of their stories, which would obviously be new material.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

she's the least capable character overall but i give her props for using her voice box to deflect jubei's hanzo steel (accidentally or otherwise)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw59Ml3846w

it took me a whole 5 seconds to think this show looks retarded

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Davincie posted:

rad, apple polisher was my nickname in college

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, 5 seconds is pretty accurate.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When the first guy came up and it said Apple Polisher I assumed that was describing his character archetype so the next guy being Reve Parfait confused the poo poo out of me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

bummer

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/895815649317986304

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this is how a last boss is born

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Olympic broadcast probably hosed up the timeslots, I think. Fair enough.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Grouchio posted:

The Olympic broadcast probably hosed up the timeslots, I think. Fair enough.

The what.

Ain't no Olympics this year. You mean next year?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

The what.

Ain't no Olympics this year. You mean next year?

I'm fairly certain that they're talking about this.

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011

Davincie posted:

lmao. I haven't seen animation this bad in a while.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Heterochromia never works.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Huskies would disagree.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

chumbler posted:

Alexander the Great would disagree.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

Hana is very cute :mad:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I agree, that cat is adorable :3:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

https://twitter.com/pokemochalove/status/895817277978796032

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Gamers! has been surprisingly good these past few episodes. The Game Club has barely been part of the show ever since the MC turned down the invitation to join in episode 1, and it's far from the "us gamers, right?" wink-nudge-fest it looked like at first. Instead, it's more like an endearingly stupid romantic comedy, starring characters who occasionally talk about games. It's got some good jokes and the occasional bit of inspired directing, and while the MC is a spineless dork, at least there's a character who's constantly calling him out on being a spineless dork.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Araki posted:

Gamers! has been surprisingly good these past few episodes. The Game Club has barely been part of the show ever since the MC turned down the invitation to join in episode 1, and it's far from the "us gamers, right?" wink-nudge-fest it looked like at first. Instead, it's more like an endearingly stupid romantic comedy, starring characters who occasionally talk about games. It's got some good jokes and the occasional bit of inspired directing, and while the MC is a spineless dork, at least there's a character who's constantly calling him out on being a spineless dork.
That dude rocks (Uehara, not the spineless dork MC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Putting them back in storage til next year :(

https://twitter.com/cherrybrothers3/status/895841624420270081

• Locked thread