Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
All these events that chain off of you getting the previous toon and getting them to 7* are really annoying. Guess I'll just not be getting Commander Luke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Popete posted:

All these events that chain off of you getting the previous toon and getting them to 7* are really annoying. Guess I'll just not be getting Commander Luke.

Same.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Canemacar posted:

One guy on Reddit posted his GW12 node. Commander Luke, Chaze, GK, and R2. All maxed and geared. RIP

Yup.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

TM frontloaded St Han, folks.

The anti-baze. Get it done.

This works, but I hate doing it every day. Getting that first fight just right always takes me 2 or 3 goes.

I can't believe I'm considering buying a ben pack :negative:

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Cactus posted:

Do what I'm planning. Just spend the next week, until the last day of the event, farming. Then you can make the call if it's worth it. If you're more than 80 shards away, don't do it.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Chilichimp posted:

TM frontloaded St Han, folks.

The anti-baze. Get it done.

Saint Han, patron of Turn Meter.

Also, sweet baby Odin, I don't whale in this game because of the principle of it, but whaling to 7* farm boy and AARP Ben is tempting.

Also, I loathe the ridiculous Node 12 teams.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 10, 2017

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Cg seeing who they can trick you to buy next!

Probably... loving Lobot?!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Popete posted:

CLS unlocks at 7*

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

This works, but I hate doing it every day. Getting that first fight just right always takes me 2 or 3 goes.

current goonthink is to just buy the crystals and use them on 3/4 refreshes/day.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

current goonthink is to just buy the crystals and use them on 3/4 refreshes/day.

Yeah, this. For $20, you can get 80 shards and a bunch of useless stuff. For $20 you can also get 2800 crystals.
At 1 refresh per day, you're looking at 285 cantina energy per day, or 12 shards, which means you can get about 80 shards before OB event ends. If you add two refreshes, that's 1400 crystals for the week, and an additional 10 shards per day, bringing you up to about 150 total shards before the event ends. You could then add 7 days of 200 crystal buys for an additional 5 per day, or 185 shards per day. So, assuming you are only doing one refresh per day, you can get an additional 105 shards over the next week by doing 2 100 refreshes and 1 200 refresh, in addition to all the credits and cantina credit you'll get (about 4100 tokens, and either 300k or 600k credits, don't remember if it's 1k or 2k credits per attempt)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I refuse to spend any money on this game, and will just continue to sit back and complain that my characters are underpowered. :colbert:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hockles posted:

I refuse to spend any money on this game, and will just continue to sit back and complain that my characters are underpowered. :colbert:

That's fine, we're just pointing out that for OB or Luke, the $20 pack is really bad value.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Even if you spend the money to unlock the dudes, you won't have the gear or mods or money to level the character.

gently caress you, CG. I'm not falling for it this time.

Edit:
I still need to finish farming Resistance. And Phoenix Squad. And murderbears. And First Order. Hell, Rebels and Empire are my best teams and they're still only G8-G9

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 10, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Inimicul posted:

Edit:
I still need to finish farming Resistance. And Phoenix Squad. And murderbears. And First Order. Hell, Rebels and Empire are my best teams and they're still only G8-G9

:same:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well I have a decent amount of 7* toons and a number of them at high gear levels I've still barely scratched the surface of mods. Most of my guys have 1 dot speed mods. I've been slowly building a Jawa team so I can get crit mods but these events keep popping up and require toons I either don't have or haven't leveled/geared.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
My alt account has some raid capable jawas so the Crit Damage challenge wasn't a problem. The Crit Chance challenge remains a problem since that account doesn't have a decent 5th scoundrel. The crit damage mods aren't impressing me. Especially as a 4 mod set. I'd much rather have 3 sets of CC mods or maybe speed.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons, there are a few people with extended periods of inactivity. Please respond if you are still intending to play:

xyigx - 9 days inactive
Tabenya - 6 days inactive
Danzel - 4 days inactive

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like we have a shakeup coming. QGJ has an open spot if anybody in Roccinate wants to come over. Post your ally code here or ping Vallis in discord for an invite.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

Sounds like we have a shakeup coming. QGJ has an open spot if anybody in Roccinate wants to come over. Post your ally code here or ping Vallis in discord for an invite.

Some dude just posted in the 'cord that he wanted a QGJ spot if it was open.

MajorJohnSteed posted:

If there ends up being room in SM/QGJ, I'd like to get in if I can. Will just need to drop my current guild when the time comes. 464-566-544.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I know it's a bit too soon to know for sure, but what's the best theory crafted team for CLS?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Canemacar posted:

I know it's a bit too soon to know for sure, but what's the best theory crafted team for CLS?

There are a bunch. My favorite that I've seen is CLS (L), R2, OB, Thrawn, DN. Run R2 as fast as possible, followed by CLS. Priority zetas are for CLS's unique, It Binds All Things, OB's taunt, and R2's zetas. Thrawn's zeta isn't super important because there aren't any other empire dudes, but, you'll miss out on a little bit of counter and tenacity. DN's zeta is good but not necessary, I'd probably go for Luke's leadership, then DN's unique, then Luke's other unique zeta (it isn't very good).

I don't have OB geared, and don't plan on spending gear on anyone except CLS until we have a little more info about G12.

I think that CLS, Chaze, R2, +1 is a very solid choice (Thrawn, DN, OB, Zylo, pretty flexible slot).

I really want to run GK (L), OB, zBarriss, CLS, +1, but I don't have geared OB or zeta Barriss.

e:
Do you like abusing bad mechanics in games?
Do you want a leg up against the competition on your alt that you probably shouldn't have started
If so, I have great news for you
For those not in Discord (you should really join us we're fun people), I'm trying a new experiment. I've considered doing this in the past, but, meh. Anyways, there are a few features you can probably abuse to great effect in this game IF you're patient enough. Two things had to change before you could really abuse this -- the first was adding free energy, and the second was swapping arena with cantina unlocks (level 8 for cantina now, and level 28 for arena). If this game works anything like how it used to, you aren't actually added to an arena grouping until you hit level 28. This is significant because it means you aren't actually competing with anyone from level 1 to 27. I could be wrong about this...you might be added to an arena grouping at level 8, then join the leaderboard itself at level 28 -- I should know for sure in about a month (yes, that's the kind of patience this requires).
What will I be doing for the next month? I've started a new alt. I blew past level 8 pretty quickly, and will be focusing on getting to about level 20. Around level 20, I'm going to stop doing anything except spending cantina energy on Lando. Depending on how much xp it costs to level at that point, I might also run Dooku and RG's hard nodes. With 135 free regular energy per day, I'll start saving up energy beyond what my energy cap is, up to a max of 1999 energy. Again, this only works because I'm not competing against anyone at this point -- as long as I'm added to an arena grouping at level 28 (if not, this whole post and exercise is pointless and I'll report either way). Also really important is that I won't be completing any quests -- except for the one that gives you sim tickets so I can save those up. Once I hit about level 26, I'll switch to only doing that one sim ticket, and also saving cantina energy. From there, it'll take about 20 days to max cantina energy -- so I'll just be logging in once per day, collecting 45 cantina energy, doing the sim ticket quest, then logging back off -- at most a couple minutes of effort. I'll also run whatever challenges I have access to once, I don't remember which ones you get by then, so I might run those 3 times if I can get credits. Once I finally get to 999 cantina energy, I can level to 28, join an arena leaderboard, and be way ahead on Lando's shards (hoping to hit 4-5* before level 28), in addition to having saved up gear from shipments (for credits only), energy (3k xp), and also possibly guild credit toons.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 11, 2017

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Malgrin posted:

There are a bunch. My favorite that I've seen is CLS (L), R2, OB, Thrawn, DN. Run R2 as fast as possible, followed by CLS. Priority zetas are for CLS's unique, It Binds All Things, OB's taunt, and R2's zetas. Thrawn's zeta isn't super important because there aren't any other empire dudes, but, you'll miss out on a little bit of counter and tenacity. DN's zeta is good but not necessary, I'd probably go for Luke's leadership, then DN's unique, then Luke's other unique zeta (it isn't very good).

I don't have OB geared, and don't plan on spending gear on anyone except CLS until we have a little more info about G12.

I think that CLS, Chaze, R2, +1 is a very solid choice (Thrawn, DN, OB, Zylo, pretty flexible slot).

I really want to run GK (L), OB, zBarriss, CLS, +1, but I don't have geared OB or zeta Barriss.

Not bad. I'm still working on DN, and QGJ isn't ready for HAAT, so no GK. My main team until now has been Wiggs(L), Chaze, and R2. Wasn't sure who to cut in favor of CLS, but I can probably drop Wiggs, have CLS lead, and add in DAN once he's ready.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Chilichimp posted:

Oh you're just a little guy. Drop Akbar for Chirrut, drop Biggs for STH/RG. At this stage of the game you need reliable heals and tanking in Arena.

Or just run your Phoenix with Hera lead and see how well that performs.

Thanks!

Using Lando (L), RG, Chirrut, Ezra and Bobba now, and upgraded all of them to GL7. First impressions was bad, with losing the 5 first fights and have another day at sub-1k rankings. Today though i got a few good fights and got back up to 738. The biggest difference i see is that i don't seem to lose ranking any more. Maybe my team looks more intimidating without any blue portrait frames so less people attack me.
When do STH get useful though? RG's auto taunt is nice. I have STH at 7* soon but he seems prett useless. No damage output and paper tank. Last i used him was before the rewamp though.

What is "the best" new player arena team anyways? The teams on my shard is all over the place so i guess there isn't any best team as such?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

STH isn't going to win fights himself. His big use is whenever an enemy hits him while he's taunting, it gives the rest of your team extra turn meter, making them take their turn sooner. He is kinda fragile, so RG is good for taking some heat once Han is getting low on health. RG also has a chance to stun when he attacks which can be super helpful.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Davethulhu posted:

Something Maulful goons, there are a few people with extended periods of inactivity. Please respond if you are still intending to play:

xyigx - 9 days inactive
Tabenya - 6 days inactive
Danzel - 4 days inactive

ok, i'm told pyraen should be our next transfer from qgj. reply in this thread or coordinate in your in-game chat, and let me know and an invite will be on the way.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Ineptitude posted:

What is "the best" new player arena team anyways? The teams on my shard is all over the place so i guess there isn't any best team as such?

I started in May of this year and have consistently been getting top 20 in squad arena on my shard, completely F2P. The shard itself is pretty whaley - I'd estimate 90% or more of the top 50 are using paid comps (mostly Chaze rebels, a few triple cleanse, a few Empire, a few Sith)

I use Wedge lead, Biggs, ST Han, Fett, Lando. Currently gearing up R2 to eventually replace Fett. The trick is that Han is garbage without insane speed. Mine is 214 speed and that's like, viable on my shard but still not super fast. You need to get him a 5-dot speed arrow and mods with speed secondaries in all his other slots. If he goes first (or practically, before any enemy CC or one-SoT kills), he starts generating infinite turn meter advantage very quickly

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Started this game on my new iPad. Would like some help from some high levels to get me through the early stages. Maybe an invite to the alt guild if there is space.

984-519-658

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

Started this game on my new iPad. Would like some help from some high levels to get me through the early stages. Maybe an invite to the alt guild if there is space.

984-519-658

Cactus, got room?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I have room in GQJ
Speaking of, SM has two openings. Any of you QGJ people want to move over?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Tadashi and Zox are in. QGJ has three openings. Two of you count mal's alt

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

984-519-658

Sent

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Well, the Old Ben pack is really crap, i agree, but i wasn't sure to unlock CLS without it. Relying on 3 refreshes per day wasn't going to cut it so i caved in.

I did a stupid, but got CLS. Dunno which one wins to be honest. I guess the stupid, because spending money on this game is egggghhhh....

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I don't feel bad about spending :20bux: on worse packs that were in themselves only ok characters. Yours led to a win button. Don't feel bad. You're keeping the lights on. I would have done it too if I was in your shoes but I was waaay too far behind to justify the cost.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Inimicul posted:

I don't feel bad about spending :20bux: on worse packs that were in themselves only ok characters. Yours led to a win button. Don't feel bad. You're keeping the lights on. I would have done it too if I was in your shoes but I was waaay too far behind to justify the cost.

Yeah, I guess. But this game has seriously shifted our perception of "worth for the money".

Should also be able to 7* thrawn in one go next time around so I'll have all the legendary toons bar Kenobi.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I ended up caving and bought an old ben pack too because I didn't trust the RNG to get the 80 shards I needed. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it, but I doubt I'll spend money on the game again. This event was a cash grab from CG and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Canemacar posted:

I ended up caving and bought an old ben pack too because I didn't trust the RNG to get the 80 shards I needed. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it, but I doubt I'll spend money on the game again. This event was a cash grab from CG and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, if there's room in Maulful, I'll make the jump. I have zKylo zR2, a G11 Wiggs and STH and a host of G9 crap. Just unlocked Commander Mary Luke.

Once I gear CLS, what would be a good arena team? I'm thinknig CLS(L), Wiggs, R2, zKylo. My Chaze isn't there yet.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 14, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Can I get an invite into a Goon guild, level 85.

166-327-819

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

Also, if there's room in Maulful, I'll make the jump. I have zKylo zR2, a G11 Wiggs and STH and a host of G9 crap. Just unlocked Commander Mary Luke.

Once I gear CLS, what would be a good arena team? I'm thinknig CLS(L), Wiggs, R2, zKylo. My Chaze isn't there yet.

You need some kind of tank to protect your wedge. Chaze is very good in arena, even at 3/4 stars, just get the gear on then.

In the interim, I'd suggest Wedge, biggs, CLS, R2, +1 tank like RG, Old Ben, Kenobi, or STH if he's fast enough.

CLS, Chaze, R2, Zylo/nihilus/ezra/Fulcrum would be a decent goal.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Popete posted:

Can I get an invite into a Goon guild, level 85.

166-327-819

Yeah I'll invite you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

We need more Cubs fans playing the game.

Or, I wonder why we have so many Cubs fan goons who play this.