Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

achillesforever6 posted:

Does the 90s Mummy count as a remake or is that more of a reimaging either way its a good movie that is probably up there with Jurassic Park in knowing how to balance CGI and practical effects.

Now I love the first two Brendan Fraser mummy movies, but a good balance of CGI and practical effects they are not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zITgkGU8bAE

Just breathe in those vistas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Berious posted:

i liked the dawn of the dead remake by our friend zack snyder. he made a completely different kind of movie which stands on it's own imo

Great start, then it goes to poo poo.
Just once I would like a zombie film where they don't all die due to their own loving stupidity.
Like they get sorted out the new heirarchy of who is in control from the first minute and stick with it.
"Ok we need to work as a group, what do you do as a job?"
"Work in McDonalds"
"Lawyer"
"School nurse"
"Policeman"
"Security Guard"
"Swimming Instructor"
"Ok, we let the Policeman rule us, with the security guard as 2nd. They know about protection and safety, and how to use guns. All agreed?"

And thats it, they work together but still die one by one due to sloppy planning or doing stuff.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If world war z were anything like the book then you would have smart reactions to the zombie menace. All the idiots died off early.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Black people still die first because they were dumb enough to put a cop in charge.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Arcsquad12 posted:

If world war z were anything like the book then you would have smart reactions to the zombie menace. All the idiots died off early.

If only. And WWZ 2 is being made right now.
Another nail in the rear end of retarded zombie films.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Remember how in the book World War Z the zombies piled up during extended fights because the way defensive positions were set up? Since the zombies are not intelligent at all they would just die, fall, and the next zombie would walk on top then die and fall, building ever larger piles of corpses that because a logistical nightmare to deal with?
And then in the movie they made it so the zombies did that as some sort of technique to get over walls rather than a side effect of zombies being dumb as poo poo.
gently caress movies indeed.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I would love a novelty zombie movie where everyone is rational and logical the entire time and people only die due to inescapable circumstances or extremely bad luck. I mean there'd be zero tension or humanity but at least I'd get to see cool anti-zombie ideas play out on screen.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

8-Bit Scholar posted:

He was a cool guy in a world of dorks.

I can't believe he divorced the hot chick with the big tits, but she's all into anime and poo poo so maybe he's the smart one here.

name

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

pics or gtfo

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FrensaGeran posted:

I would love a novelty zombie movie where everyone is rational and logical the entire time and people only die due to inescapable circumstances or extremely bad luck. I mean there'd be zero tension or humanity but at least I'd get to see cool anti-zombie ideas play out on screen.

That's why the book World War Z was cool. It didn't rely on 'omg zombies scarrryyy' it was all about dealing with their existence, what it does to people, how to combat it and where the division of labor went. Brought up warfare and everything too. World War Z is super excellent and it's a bummer that the movie used the name only and threw out all meat.
Battle of Yonkers especially.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 10, 2017

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

FrensaGeran posted:

Zombieland was a little like this, with the main tension coming from the humans scamming each other. I totally forget everything that happened after Bill Murray though.

Lex Luthor guy's rules for surviving were quite sensible and he only broke them once a hot babe showed up (totally understandable imo)

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

KakerMix posted:

Battle of Yonkers especially.

But you can't have the US lose in a movie. EVER.
So instead you have a white american go around the world to show how white americans can solve the zombie problem!
That anyone half smart 5 minutes after the outbreak hits an old folks home or hospital would spot.

WWZ is hilarious when you realise theres tens of thousands of old and sick folks left to starve to death all over the world. Or form quite happy communities while Brad Pitt is running around slums pretending to be someone who matters.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

bloom posted:

Black people still die first because they were dumb enough to put a cop in charge.

:eyepop:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ving Rhames was the least believable cop because I've never seen or heard of a cop that doesn't fly to poo poo under pressure.

What you really want to hope for in your zombie survival group is someone with a firefighter mindset. "This is the danger, now let's go calmly and rationally deal with it" as opposed to "oh sweet Jesus a little old comatose granny hooked up to a respirator and a feeding tube!" *blam blam blam blam blam blam*

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What I don't understand about the WWZ movie is why didn't Israel just pour white phosphorous on all the zombies? They have the expertise.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
The most annoying part of the Ghostbusters 2016 review is Paul Feig and Katie Dippold trying to brush off being called out on the pringles product placement. "Pringles gets a free one..." Yeah, I really buy it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FrensaGeran posted:

Check out Fido. It's pretty good.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

FrensaGeran posted:

If also might like the TV Series Z Nation. All the dumb people are dead and its (mostly) the smart survives left but people still get ganked in fun and interesting ways.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Berious posted:

i won't hear a bad word against plinketts star trek insurrection review.

Earth tones, people! Light browns and dark browns and browns and BEIGE!

Also the hilarious edit of a TNG episode that made Data look like the villain.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Yug posted:

What I don't understand about the WWZ movie is why didn't Israel just pour white phosphorous on all the zombies? They have the expertise.

End of the world, zombies literally hundreds of yard away, grandmas and the sick being killed within yards of you as they are infected, and you want to sing how happy you are.
gently caress I hate WWZ.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Do we have a deadpool yet for RLM?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What's the chronological order of Plinkett?

I couldn't figure it out because youtube pulls them and they have to re-upload all the time.

The first ones were the Star Trek TNG movies in order from Generations to Nemesis, then Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. From there I think it's Baby's Day Out, Revenge of the Sith and then I really forget the order of all the rest. I can't remember if Cop Dog was before or after Revenge of the Sith. I completely forget when the Avatar one was.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

pics or gtfo

Have a video as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIsOKn6d_YQ

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

The first ones were the Star Trek TNG movies in order from Generations to Nemesis, then Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. From there I think it's Baby's Day Out, Revenge of the Sith and then I really forget the order of all the rest. I can't remember if Cop Dog was before or after Revenge of the Sith. I completely forget when the Avatar one was.

Star Trek the Star Trek was between Baby's Day Out and Revenge of the Sith.

After Sith was Cop-Dog, then Crystal Skull, then Titanic and then several years before Force Awakens.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

did he actually do avatar or is that just a fever dream memory of mine?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

anyone remember off the top of their head which half in the bag it was where mike threw out one of his terrible puns and then slammed down on the table, saying "that joke was so good it threw off my sense of balance", it wasn't too long ago

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

did he actually do avatar or is that just a fever dream memory of mine?

Sort of. It was very short.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah the avatar review was basically the cliff notes version of the titanic review

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Yug posted:

They used it all up on the palestinians trying to reach safety.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Avatar is the one where he killed a Halloween costume lady with laughing gas

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Blind Sally posted:

RICH EVENS IS DEFEATABLE

it's gotta be this. except spelled correctly.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
GBS: And with an inexplicable lack of hair, things start to fall apart > Awww, gently caress it! Let's talk about Red Letter Media!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwd13fdczmU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Groovelord Neato posted:

why would you dishonour Rich Evan's memory by spelling/pronouncing things correctly?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Groovelord Neato posted:

RICHEVEN aka Road to Rich Evans, starring John de Hart.

naem
May 29, 2011

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

gently caress MOOPIES gets my nomination for thread title.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Y'all should hop over to the GB2016 thread in CD. The salt flows freely over the Plinkett review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Y'all should hop over to the GB2016 thread in CD. The salt flows freely over the Plinkett review.

nobody here really cares about it though because it's completely uninteresting

• Locked thread