Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

well yeah it basically tries to predict what white internet nerds will find toxic

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
somebody type in "vegetables"

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

It probably performs a lot better on full paragraphs because like lots of ML stuff the model overfits and disappears up its own rear end in a top hat on small amounts of data.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

someone put in the anti diversity manitfesto

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

mrmcd posted:

It probably performs a lot better on full paragraphs because like lots of ML stuff the model overfits and disappears up its own rear end in a top hat on small amounts of data.

nah, nlp is not there yet to actually make sense of sentence structure, and what is bad becomes far more subtle. it'd probably do better on a lot of keywords taken together sure, but type up some complex prose and it is just outside of what can be done today, and anyway becomes a judgement that simply cannot be put to simple rules (here i started typing up some example comparing black men in sports to brutal beasts fighting in the colosseum for the thrills of emotional women etc., but as i tried to phrase that out in a fancy way it got rather too distasteful very quickly)

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

gj Google.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah I'd say at this point the model is very politeness oriented and hates women

vs

vs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
microsoft: tay quickly became problematic so we've pulled the project offline

google: hold my beer

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
basically, unsurprisingly, google's current model thinks being a mealy mouthed woman-hater is the best

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

lancemantis posted:

basically, unsurprisingly, google's current model thinks being a mealy mouthed woman-hater is the best

:discourse:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Powaqoatse posted:

someone put in the anti diversity manitfesto

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

:thunk:

reasonablehitler.jpg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

nice

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
dont know what you guys are whining about it looks p accurate to me

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
part of the problem is that they crowdsourced the initial data

garbage in, garbage out, and all that

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

This seems about as effective as "troll filter" bots on wikipedia that auto-revert everything unless you're in the editor clique.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Main Paineframe posted:

garbage in, garbage out, and all that

this but everything we've ever tried to do with computers modeled after our own society

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

poty posted:

dont know what you guys are whining about it looks p accurate to me

97% seems low

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i mean machine learning works well for a lot of tasks and everything, but trying to design a system that uses a learned model based on the internet to moderate comments on the internet is like trying to use the One Ring for good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

also huh when did Microsoft stop animating minimizing windows? I thought that poo poo was in 98

my windows animate when minimizing.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
google needs a person who stops stupid ideas before they get out to the world. maybe some sort of head guy that is responsible for the company and what things it releases.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

naw man everyone's allowed a turn in the ball pit and if you invent a stupid thing that looks fun it'll take off and we'lll totally support it until the next thing gets our attention

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Silver Alicorn posted:

counterpoint: the reel to reel piss tape is real

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
crossposting, cause lol

https://twitter.com/Fired4Truth/status/895731392595742720

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ouch, this edgy tweet is sharp

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

why the long face :xd:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

why the long face :xd:

:biotruths:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
What is a toxic post anyway is there a specific meaning to that word for written opinions or is like the word organic and just has some vague definition that's almost meaningless

my posts are the toxic ones

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

My Linux Rig posted:

What is a toxic post anyway is there a specific meaning to that word for written opinions or is like the word organic and just has some vague definition that's almost meaningless

my posts are the toxic ones

in this case, it's "whatever a sufficient percentage of our 5000 'crowd-workers' thought qualified as a personal attack"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

if you could quantify that, you could quantify the heavens themselves

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

infernal machines posted:

:google::hf::capitalism:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Main Paineframe posted:

in this case, it's "whatever a sufficient percentage of our 5000 'crowd-workers' thought qualified as a personal attack"

ah okay so it is just a vague meaningless buzzword

infernal machines posted:

you don't need to quantify something for it to have a concrete definition

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

smh guy looks like a goober even in a professional shoot

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

he looks like brion james

someone should sit him down and ask him to describe in single words only the good things that come to mind about his mother

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

he's like, trying to never get a job in the valley again, right? because there is no other way to respond to his resume now that he's trashing his own name.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
dude's periscoping in front of google hq and hobnobbing with alt-right types, he's exactly as you'd expect

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Maluco Marinero posted:

he's like, trying to never get a job in the valley again, right? because there is no other way to respond to his resume now that he's trashing his own name.

he thinks he's a cause célèbre

probably already signed his book deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you're only a single poorly thought out memo away from turning your dead-end career into an overnight viral sensation!

• Locked thread