Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Arsenal are supposedly interested in Luan, anyone familiar with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Was Willian not one of Chelsea's best players last season or was that the year before

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

A striker might be nice

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Blue Star Error posted:

I think if you pay over £10m they get a work permit regardless as long as they are from a half decent country, something weird like that.

It's never been clear if this actually got put in place.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Was Willian not one of Chelsea's best players last season or was that the year before

He was the best that poo poo season. Think he's still good, needs to be more accurate but Pedro did even better last year.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://mobile.twitter.com/BVB/status/895624429522366465

Dembele didn't show up for training and instead went to France lol

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I love Willian but there definitely are days he's a middle class man's Dirk Kuyt

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

wicka posted:

Arsenal are supposedly interested in Luan, anyone familiar with him?

he was brilliant for me on FM a couple of years ago so he's probably a very good player

edit - is LFC still in on William Carvalho? I like that guy a lot

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I love Willian but there definitely are days he's a middle class man's Dirk Kuyt

Dirk Kuyt owns though tbf

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

What?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Also Klopp has apparently said Coutinho is not for sale at any price which makes sense since apparently Liverpool's targets are also not for sale at any price so why sell one of the club's best players when you don't need the money and you couldn't spend it anyway?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

https://twitter.com/shkodranazizi/status/895629984898875392

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Mes que un fan.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

hoping for this to be a QPR and Odemwingie moment

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Also Klopp has apparently said Coutinho is not for sale at any price which makes sense since apparently Liverpool's targets are also not for sale at any price so why sell one of the club's best players when you don't need the money and you couldn't spend it anyway?

This market is bizarre. So much money and yet it's all pointless. I love it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dortmund stated that Barca have made a way too low offer for the contract of Dembele considering the current market.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

We are apparently signing Jose Izquierdo (is queer tho) from Club Brugge for £13m looks to be a speed merchant.

Got a feeling the permit will fail though with only 1 international cap for Columbia.

If you want to know anything about him feel free to ask, I've seen him play for us for the last 3 years. Answers might take a few days because I don't check this topic all the time.

In the meantime, this is him with some old guys in a bar: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFhX1HtChhY/?taken-by=joseizquierdo7

Or if you really want to see him play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xbkTCFbRw

That was probably his best game for us, almost single-handedly won us this game with 3 assists and 1 goal and setting us on our way to win the league.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Healbot posted:

Dortmund stated that Barca have made a way too low offer for the contract of Dembele considering the current market.

GJ Barca and PSG, you successfully hosed everything up

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

quote:

Borussia Dortmund have just issued a statement regarding unsettled forward Ousmane Dembele, who has missed training today amid reports linking the Frenchman with a move to Barcelona.

"Ousmane Dembele today missed the BVB-training-session without any excuse. The player seems to have done that intentionally.

"Because of that behavior we will sanction him. The player is still in Dortmund. In consultation with our coach we have suspended him from all practice and match-activities until next week after our cup game."

Edit. :lol: apparently he got on a plane to Barcelona this morning

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 10, 2017

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I had a half-finished post musing how far the price inflation would ripple downmarket but it was abstract and meandering and I didn't have a strong opinion so I clipped it. It's definitely going to, at the very least, be negotiation fodder for teams trying to drive prices of their better players up.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

uXs posted:

If you want to know anything about him feel free to ask, I've seen him play for us for the last 3 years. Answers might take a few days because I don't check this topic all the time.

In the meantime, this is him with some old guys in a bar: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFhX1HtChhY/?taken-by=joseizquierdo7

Or if you really want to see him play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xbkTCFbRw

That was probably his best game for us, almost single-handedly won us this game with 3 assists and 1 goal and setting us on our way to win the league.

He seems like a real character and an exciting player, rapid to say the least. Hopefully it works out well.

We seem to have gone on a 24h spending spree, can only assume the first PL payment came in.

Agreed to sign Izquierdo.

Signed a dutch youngster Soufyan Ahannach.

Had a bid of £8m for Raphael Dwamena from FC Zurich turned down, looks pony even in his highlights real so I hope that's it.

Safe to say our days of fielding a team of good British lads is over.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

He seems like a real character and an exciting player, rapid to say the least. Hopefully it works out well.

Yeah, he's pretty crazy, but he works hard as well. I really hope he'll do well over there.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

lot's of running, lots of tracking back but no final product, no goals, poor crosses and dumb passes

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Joske is a good egg and I'm glad he's got a good egg club to go to

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

belgend posted:

But he's not going to Liverpool?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

MMMBop to PSG for 180m is showing up on the usual rags, if true it's the first part of the "Ronald to Monaco" prophecy

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

I'm glad he's gone :twisted:.
Also, make a JPL thread, tia

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

MMMBop to PSG for 180m is showing up on the usual rags, if true it's the first part of the "Ronald to Monaco" prophecy

I feel like Ronald might appreciate Monaco's approach to taxation

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

I feel like Ronald might appreciate Monaco's approach to taxation

It's honestly a little surprising that Monaco haven't built a super team of players who don't want to pay income tax.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

CyberPingu posted:

Source your quotes.

Yeah the stadium is whats holding us back :jerkbag:

Eh, there's some truth to it but probably less so this year with the way the money's moved around. A modern stadium doesn't just mean 30,000 extra people paying £40 a head, it also means a poo poo-ton of corporate boxes jammed in (which helps when you want to be sponsored by companies that aren't exclusively used by Nigerian scammers). Wouldn't be that hard to generate an extra £50-60m over the course of a season without trying massively hard.

Except that once upon a time that money bought you a new Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand every season, instead of one Kyle Walker.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ronald is vain and playing at home against some poo poo teams in front of a smattering of fans doesn't seem like his game.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

blue footed boobie posted:

It's honestly a little surprising that Monaco haven't built a super team of players who don't want to pay income tax.

They tried and then the russian billionaire that owns them got divorced, so they suddenly had a lot less money to throw around.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

shut up blegum posted:

I'm glad he's gone :twisted:.
Also, make a JPL thread, tia

Yeah now you can get merked by Dennis bahahah

and no can't be arsed

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I remember there was a lawsuit by all the Ligue 1 clubs a few years ago where they complained how Monaco's lack of taxation was an unfair advantage, but I don't remember the outcome.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

MrBling posted:

They tried and then the russian billionaire that owns them got divorced, so they suddenly had a lot less money to throw around.

That's gonna happen to Chelsea now too :unsmigghh:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/dollar9bn-roman-abramovich-divorce-could-be-britains-biggest-ever

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Football is... alive?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MrBling posted:

and then the crown prince didn't want to give him a Monaco passport, thus why the team operates on a substantially smaller budget now

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ace Jameson posted:

Hammers are going after William Carvalho, which means Snodgrass would be on the way out, so that would be a win-win.

I was expecting this to just be a poo poo rumour but apparently a formal bid has been launched. Would be a fully sick signing if it happens (apparently, Carvalho really wants to move to London) but it begs the question of who will be dropped to fit him in the team. If it does happen, West Ham will have had an insanely good transfer window (apart from paying a bit over the odds for Arnoutovic).

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If I was rich, I would have one hell of a pre-nup

And lean on my russian mob buddies some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

While signing only one player that's likely to start in our full strength side I'm pretty optimistic going into the season. Think we should hit our stride early on given there hasn't been to many changes to the squad and we had a great pre season but the real test will come when the group stages start in Europe and we need to rotate. Still not overly convinced with our defence when one of Matip or Lovren is out but would love it if someone like Gomez stepped up or Sakho works himself into Klopp's good books (seems like Lmost Liverpool supporters have already written him off but if we don't bring in VvD then I think he's worth holding onto as third choice- certainly better than splashing a huge amount of cash on a player that we having properly scouted).

• Locked thread