Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's like being the owner of a business, and every single time you walk into a room every single customer yells "ONE TIME MY BURGER WAS MADE WRONG"

Especially for a drycleaners

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

So it's not fun and cool to sit around laughing at one guy patting each other on the back, unless it's Lowtax?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My first 7 years on this site were amazing, but the last 10 have just been coasting. Punctuation bans should be brought back. That outta get the legs back under this thing.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Solice Kirsk posted:

My first 7 years on this site were amazing, but the last 10 have just been coasting. Punctuation bans should be brought back. That outta get the legs back under this thing.

I agree that anyone who uses punctuation should be banned

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I Said No posted:

i kind of see it as lowtax would like to kick things back to how they were popularity-wise, but by the same token he knows he's really got better poo poo to do, being a family man now and all

I think lowtax is probably a caring and attentive father but lol if you think he actually does things other than get mad at people on twitter and make YouTube videos about video games

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

purple death ray posted:

I agree that anyone who uses punctuation should be banned

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Solice Kirsk posted:

"oughta"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Cool gamergate meme

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

purple death ray posted:

Cool gamergate meme

Is it from gamergate? I thought it made fun of Tumblr

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Either way it's problematic

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Len posted:

Is it from gamergate? I thought it made fun of Tumblr

Those go hand in hand really

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Not really, no.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I thought it was making fun of "problematic"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's a Venn diagram that's just got a Cheshire cat smile sliver on the side

It's all the same poo poo making "fun" of "snowflakes" and their "safe spaces". It's all the same hateful people.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Anyone remember the goon who decided to become a long haul trucker (I think with his dad?)

I remember a series of posts with long periods in between wherein he got more and more strung out and depressed and sometimes had weird moments of lucidity.

If he wasn't a goon I definitely heard about it here.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rough Lobster posted:

Anyone remember the goon who decided to become a long haul trucker (I think with his dad?)

I remember a series of posts with long periods in between wherein he got more and more strung out and depressed and sometimes had weird moments of lucidity.

If he wasn't a goon I definitely heard about it here.

For a second i thought you meant doobie. Then i read the word lucidity.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

purple death ray posted:

It's all the same poo poo making "fun" of "snowflakes" and their "safe spaces". It's all the same hateful people.

I thought I was just making fun of the people who go to college and then get mad that they're getting taught things that shake up their worldview or make them uncomfortable, which is a pretty big part of going to college.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's making fun of the woman who claimed she suffered PTSD equal to war veterans because of her online arguments, you dummies.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

RFC2324 posted:

I thought it was making fun of "problematic"

Goddamn I really loving hate that word

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Because it's a stupid loving buzzword that gets used incredibly lazily to suggest an issue with something without the effort of saying what, or with whom the problem is

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

99% of the time its pretty obvious whats problematic though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Skarsnik posted:

Goddamn I really loving hate that word

this is recursive

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I've always read it as being a substitute for "offensive" after overuse of the latter word. The cycle continues.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Skarsnik posted:

Because it's a stupid loving buzzword that gets used incredibly lazily to suggest an issue with something without the effort of saying what, or with whom the problem is

oh

you're mental

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TheRagamuffin posted:

I've always read it as being a substitute for "offensive" after overuse of the latter word. The cycle continues.

Nah. Offensive is something PewDiePie paying people to hold up racial Slurs.

Problematic is a former Feminist Youtuber going "Hey wait maybe libtards are the real oppressors and RedPillers really are nuanced well spoken critics of modern culture."
Or, like, Mike Rowe arguing that Hard Work needs to be treated with dignity while also being a Bootstrap kingpin.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

purple death ray posted:

Not really, no.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Spanish Manlove posted:

this is recursive

You were an absolutely terrible mod and I honestly don't know why you stuck around afterwards

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

drat, dude, did someone scratch your bike?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

drat, dude, did someone scratch your bike?

A bird pooped on the porch today and it must have been sick as gently caress because that poo poo splattered ALL OVER my car, the porch, and the mailbox. It's like someone dropped a paint bomb or something.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it might have just been very, very large

seagulls can get quite big, or perhaps you were visited by an ostrich

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

i live in NJ and nowhere near the shore so that's one intrepid loving seagull

gonna take my car to get washed after work today, will report back with updates

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Skarsnik posted:

You were an absolutely terrible mod and I honestly don't know why you stuck around afterwards

what did I do to you?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

what did I do to you?

I didn't realize criticism of a bad mod was limited to specific individual grievances and not "you weren't funny/you did a poor and/or arbitrary job enforcing the rules/etc.'

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't actually think there are any good mods

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spanish Manlove posted:

what did I do to you?

lovely mods like you make everybody miserable by making their subforums terrible. You don't have to be biased against somebody personally for them to realize what a loving failure of a mod you are, and how thoroughly you deprave your forum of fun and content.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Spanish Manlove posted:

what did I do to you?

Just letting you know

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

lovely mods like you make everybody miserable by making their subforums terrible. You don't have to be biased against somebody personally for them to realize what a loving failure of a mod you are, and how thoroughly you deprave your forum of fun and content.

haha god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

purple death ray posted:

I don't actually think there are any good mods

any punishment is a bad punishment unless I also agree with it