Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

neongrey posted:

I've got Vlad, Lancelot, and "like 3 mary antoinettes" per my notes; I've got an Altria and a Limited/zero over; I've got a Jeanne and Formal Craft; Herc and Altera. A couple other odds and ends but those are probably the best of the lot that I'm sitting on.

I'm somewhat interested in the Jeanne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

InfinityComplex posted:

....he's still useless.

Rip Finn.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

kirtar posted:

I'm somewhat interested in the Jeanne.

Sent you a PM.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Does the skill hunting mission drop anything good? I know the caster/rider/assassin gives dragon wings/demon hearts.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Tired Moritz posted:

Does the skill hunting mission drop anything good? I know the caster/rider/assassin gives dragon wings/demon hearts.

The 10 AP can drop dragon fangs, evil bones, and hero proofs. The 20 AP can drop ygg seeds and hero proofs. The 30 AP can drop the same stuff as the 20 AP, plus phoenix feathers.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think I'm going to start spending 28-35 AP per day on Thiers for Dragon Fangs on non-event days. Looking ahead, so many servants need so many of the drat things that the only way I'm going to make a dent into that amount is if I try to at least somewhat reliably get a few each week.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Used 2 tickets and 24 quartz, got 3 4*: Fionn, Nitocris and Fran. Both as non-summer servants, I feel trolled.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Wuxi posted:

Used 2 tickets and 24 quartz, got 3 4*: Fionn, Nitocris and Fran. Both as non-summer servants, I feel trolled.

I guess you technically got them.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

neongrey posted:

Sent you a PM.

Thank you goon sir

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Am I the only one who feels like they've run out of things to do?

Like all I have now is doing dailies and occasionally trying a summon ticket only to come out with nothing new. I'd be thrilled if we got a new event or something.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Am I the only one who feels like they've run out of things to do?

Like all I have now is doing dailies and occasionally trying a summon ticket only to come out with nothing new. I'd be thrilled if we got a new event or something.

Yep.. I really wish they'd hurry up with some content. I COULD go around and farm for ascension items for low star characters that I don't ever use.. but I won't.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They need to release the training missions and Okeanos already.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Yep.. I really wish they'd hurry up with some content. I COULD go around and farm for ascension items for low star characters that I don't ever use.. but I won't.

Right, all this senseless grinding is kind of why i hoped for a cheat apk but i guess its too early for that. I did ascend some of my lower characters and am putting them through bonding by having them occupy my sub slots but mostly for the interludes so I can get more quartz.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If they do events-events-events-events I'll never make a dent on my 10,000 prism goal or ever actually get around to leveling up.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Why on earth would you need 10,000 prisms?

And of course the only cheat apks are for fights and not for materials or anything actually important. I'm not struggling with fights though so its worthless to me.

Great Gray Shrike
Oct 22, 2010
Prisms: There are two different CEs that help with farming later on; one gives +10% QP, one gives +10% Bond - when limit broken. To limit break you need 5 copies ... at 1k mana prisms each. 10k prisms for both LB.

How much those matter and are good varies depending on how much farming and levelling of characters you intend to do for this game.

The presence of those CEs might also be helpful to get friendship points if you really want Angra Mainyu later on.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
I'm not really that antsy for events but I do wish a better rateup would come along soon. I'm almost full up on gold xp cards again and I need to dump them. Although an event to get ascension mats so I can dump xp cards would also be fine.

I think I just want more storage space

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I don't want back to back events or rate ups every week or such, I just want communication that they are working on stuff and like a few weeks of advance notice on either events or story content. Or at least allay fears of no support.

Just anything but this radio silence.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Personally I'd rather get some updates fixing the TL.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Great Gray Shrike posted:

Prisms: There are two different CEs that help with farming later on; one gives +10% QP, one gives +10% Bond - when limit broken. To limit break you need 5 copies ... at 1k mana prisms each. 10k prisms for both LB.

How much those matter and are good varies depending on how much farming and levelling of characters you intend to do for this game.

The presence of those CEs might also be helpful to get friendship points if you really want Angra Mainyu later on.

Huh, well that explains it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

The TL is at least understandable, which is good enough for now. Spending a ton of time on it with no communication is a bad way to go about things.

Like, the last time they were talking about stuff, they didn't even know if they had the right to a bunch of content. Getting that sorted out and more importantly telling people that you have it sorted is like priority zero.

If the game has a confirmed lifespan, then they'll have all the time in the world to work on the TL.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Like, the last time they were talking about stuff, they didn't even know if they had the right to a bunch of content. Getting that sorted out and more importantly telling people that you have it sorted is like priority zero.

I think you're mistaking the things that enthusiasts like us care about for things that their wider paying audience care about. If the game's going to be financially successful then it'll be off the back of people whose only experience of Fate - if any - is Zero or the UBW anime. "Will NA get this one collaboration event with characters I've never heard of" is not going to be something they care about, if they're even aware it's a question at all. It doesn't make a lot of sense for Aniplex to prioritise it.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I'm still fairly amazed we keep getting these random releases but that Fate/Stay Night has never gotten a formal release outside of Japan that I'm aware of. I mean, it's out there as :filez:, but it's weird to see all these spinoffs getting localized with no apparent interest in providing context for the series. Granted, the fandom fills the gaps admirably, but it's all remarkably :effort:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'm still fairly amazed we keep getting these random releases but that Fate/Stay Night has never gotten a formal release outside of Japan that I'm aware of. I mean, it's out there as :filez:, but it's weird to see all these spinoffs dropping off with no apparent interest in providing context. Granted, the fandom fills the gaps admirably, but it's all remarkably :effort:

I think at this point the animes serve as enough context for most people. Nice as it would be to see an official localisation of the VN, it's a lot of work for a title that's showing its age technically and that most people who care have already read.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I feel like it's just leaving money on the table at this point. Considering the market for PC VNs right now is pretty strong internationally, the work would be rewarded if they put out a professional release. I mean, Clannad had really impressive sales that cracked the top 5 sellers on Steam, which is even more impressive considering its high price point for a decade-plus old game that looks like a terrifying parody of anime art these days.

But, you know. You're right. It'd be hard. It's obviously better to exploit gacha addicts instead.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

I think you're mistaking the things that enthusiasts like us care about for things that their wider paying audience care about. If the game's going to be financially successful then it'll be off the back of people whose only experience of Fate - if any - is Zero or the UBW anime. "Will NA get this one collaboration event with characters I've never heard of" is not going to be something they care about, if they're even aware it's a question at all. It doesn't make a lot of sense for Aniplex to prioritise it.

No joke, if they said they would not be able do events for things we never got in the US and not release all the servants, I'd probably drop it. There'd be like nothing to look forward to but sparce story chapters.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I feel like it's just leaving money on the table at this point. Considering the market for PC VNs right now is pretty strong internationally, the work would be rewarded if they put out a professional release. I mean, Clannad had really impressive sales that cracked the top 5 sellers on Steam, which is even more impressive considering its high price point for a decade-plus old game that looks like a terrifying parody of anime art these days.

But, you know. You're right. It'd be hard. It's obviously better to exploit gacha addicts instead.

True, I'd forgotten that Clannad was somehow fairly successful against all common sense. For a long time the big problem was supposed to be that Nasu was too precious about it and Tsukihime compared to his other works, so he would insist on being involved in the translation to a degree that he didn't have time for. I never saw a primary source for that claim, though.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No joke, if they said they would not be able do events for things we never got in the US and not release all the servants, I'd probably drop it. There'd be like nothing to look forward to but sparce story chapters.

Is there even anything other than KnK and Prism Ilya that's in question? Certainly there are no issues with Apocrypha, Zero, Extra or CCC because we already have exclusive servants from all of those on NA.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

considering aniplex owns the us rights to kara no kyoukai i somehow doubt adding that will be a problem

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

They seem to have done something to the tl, though I'm not sure how extensive the changes are. I was going through the Septem story sequences a couple of nights ago and they changed all of Nero's mmhmms back to umus, oddly enough. Not sure if there were any other changes, but that stood out to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think they've fixed some of the typos/grammatical errors as well.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The biggest hurdle is likely whatever license fee TM is asking, though I wouldn't be surprised if it happens at some point considering how much stuff comes over these days.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

NRVNQSR posted:

Wouldn't this be the other way around though?

Mobile games are usually primarily supported off the backs of a handful of big spenders with lots of money. These sorts of people are the Hardcore fans, so getting in those more obscure characters is important because that's what will inspire the Whales.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Wouldn't this be the other way around though?

Mobile games are usually primarily supported off the backs of a handful of big spenders with lots of money. These sorts of people are the Hardcore fans, so getting in those more obscure characters is important because that's what will inspire the Whales.

It's hard to say for sure, but the research I've seen suggests that the big whales in most mobile games aren't people who have a specific interest in that game; they're people who are whales in other mobile games already, who see people showing interest in a new game and follow the crowd. So the casual anime fans will be F2P, and the Type-Moon fanatics might throw $100 or so at the gatcha, but the people dropping $10ks like they're nothing probably won't even have heard of Fate before playing this game.

The mobile gaming market is really weird.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this game will get both the kara no kyoukai and prism ilya events. i guarantee it

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

this game will get both the kara no kyoukai and prism ilya events. i guarantee it

The real answer is that it will get neither because it will be shut down by Christmas because of lack of players.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

NRVNQSR posted:

The real answer is that it will get neither because it will be shut down by Christmas because of lack of players.

If they release 2 years of content over two years and not more condensced? Yeah probably a lot of people will flock back to JPN or quit, I really hope that's not their plan. Outside stockpiling Prisms, exp cards and currently available mats, not much to do.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Is there some indication that the NA playerbase isn't doing well or is this just speculation for what might happen if they don't concentrate events?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Motto posted:

The biggest hurdle is likely whatever license fee TM is asking, though I wouldn't be surprised if it happens at some point considering how much stuff comes over these days.

Yeah. It just feels weird we get rando spinoffs like Melty Blood and Fate/Extella but that Type-Moon hasn't seemed to catch on that there's a market themselves. Not that such is that unusual amongst Japanese developers and producers, mind.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Is there some indication that the NA playerbase isn't doing well or is this just speculation for what might happen if they don't concentrate events?
Personally I'm just hyperbolically doomsaying without basis. There's no shortage of rumours and speculation, but I've not seen anything with any real facts backing it up.

The NA version's costs are low, but it's still going to need to make an income that's in the same league as the JP version - or at least the CN/TW versions - or it won't be worth the developer's time to think about supporting it. If it does fail, though, I'm pretty sure it'll be entirely because it failed to reach enough people and nothing to do with the rate of events. Growth is much more important than retention for a new mobage.

edit:

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Yeah. It just feels weird we get rando spinoffs like Melty Blood and Fate/Extella but that Type-Moon hasn't seemed to catch on that there's a market themselves. Not that such is that unusual amongst Japanese developers and producers, mind.
That's just risk management, I think. There are established groups of players who'll play fighting games or Warriors clones so you can make a sales projection pitch based on that - "We'll get everyone who played DW8 plus this unknown number of Type Moon fans" - but until recently there wasn't that kind of established market for VNs.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
I really think quality of life improvements need to be their highest priority. We really need some communication about future plans and all of the Japanese gameplay improvements to help keep interest up until the next few events are out. We don't know when the next banner event is. That's goofy. Their social media team should be on top of that.

We don't have the added quartz for completing levels or the specific class dungeons or an estimated time for when Okeanos is coming. Also I think story levels are half their original ap in Japan now or something? Those can be implemented now. Events are obviously important but I acknowledge that they have to be spread out for gameplay purposes. It just doesn't feel like they're putting much care into keeping this game interesting.