Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Shadow Hog posted:

Well, almost anything in that blank. I'm pretty sure the response to "Does it have the game-crashing bug where you spin as you exit Labyrinth Zone causing the camera to go too low and an error handler to pop up?" will be "What? No. What?!"

I hope they have the bug from Marble Zone where you jump on a moving block and Sonic just leaps up in his walking animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Chieves posted:

I hope they have the bug from Marble Zone where you jump on a moving block and Sonic just leaps up in his walking animation.

I always had that happen with the rock at the start of one of the GHZ acts. I kind of miss it tbh

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I fear that the Mania team might be too good to leave deadly speed traps in the game.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I haven't heard about it but this is Taxman and Stealth we're talking about here. If you have to ask "does it have _______ from the old games?" then the answer is "yes"

Lock-on technology?

I'm almost sad Knuckles is in the base game - now we won't get a 6 level "& Knuckles" Lock-on expansion dlc.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Lock-on technology?

I'm almost sad Knuckles is in the base game - now we won't get a 6 level "& Knuckles" Lock-on expansion dlc.

Sonic Mania & Cream

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Shadow Hog posted:

Well, almost anything in that blank. I'm pretty sure the response to "Does it have the game-crashing bug where you spin as you exit Labyrinth Zone causing the camera to go too low and an error handler to pop up?" will be "What? No. What?!"

The Taxman is the kind of guy who would program a bug on purpose then give you the option to turn it on or off depending on how authentic you want your experience to be

And I mean I'm semi-kidding but developers have actually done that before. The team that remade Ocarina of Time for 3DS purposefully left some bugs from the N64 in because they thought they were fun and would be disappointed if they weren't there.

Oxyclean posted:

Lock-on technology?

Maybe we'll get a Sonic Mania & Amy DLC later. I hope.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 10, 2017

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

What do y'all mean Cream or Amy?

Sonic Mania & Mighty

or Ashura

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
You all know full well the DLC is going to be Infinite, around the time of Forces' release.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sonic Mania Rush.

16-bit Blaze, do it.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Negrostrike posted:

What do y'all mean Cream or Amy?

Sonic Mania & Mighty

or Ashura

Sonic Mania & the Chaotix (which includes Mighty)

actually

Sonic Mania & Chaotix & Amy & Nack the Weasel & Ray the Squirrel & anyone else I'm missing

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Negrostrike posted:

Sonic Mania & Mighty

Knuckles is already Red Sonic.

I actually would pay a dollar or two for Mighty though

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sonic Mania & Hammerstein, the first all musical Sonic game.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Speaking of the Chaotix, I was just playing Sonic Classic Heroes and Chaotix the other day and boy howdy Charmy Bee really is one of the worst designed characters ever because goddamn he makes absolutely everything completely trivial and totally breaks the game.

However Vector, Espio and Mighty are all very cool. Espio is very cool because he's a chameleon who doesn't roll into a ball but is a tornado instead. Mighty is also cool because he's basically Sonic but can kick up walls like Mega Man X. Vector is my favorite though because he's a green crocodile who listens to music and rolls into a donut. He's also basically Knuckles but instead of gliding he has an 8-way air dash and is the most fun Chaotix guy to play.

I didn't mention Heavy and Bomb for obvious reasons, and that is all I shall say about them.

I also really dig those romhacks that put Amy in Sonic 1 and 2 and whatever and she plays like she does in Advance 1.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Sonic Mania Nack & Young.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have an important announcement to make.

I have just gathered the seventh chaos emerald in sonic 2 before finishing aquatic ruin act 2. I didn't save scum, or purposefully die. I beat all 7 on my first try like a complete badass...it was epic. I have never done this in my entire life before...here's proof in case anyone doubts my power.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

I have just gathered the seventh chaos emerald in sonic 2 before finishing aquatic ruin act 2. I didn't save scum, or purposefully die. I beat all 7 on my first try like a complete badass...it was epic. I have never done this in my entire life before...here's proof in case anyone doubts my power.

you are the real sonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pZtiYSG-H0

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

do you think a minor nuclear war in east asia might delay the release of this game

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

you can get them all by the end of emerald hill act 2

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

I also really dig those romhacks that put Amy in Sonic 1 and 2 and whatever and she plays like she does in Advance 1.

There's one for S3&K too and it's really good! Vector is my favorite Chaotix too but I love running straight up walls as Espio.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What kind of Sonic fan can't face the Emerald Hill boss as Super Sonic.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

do you think a minor nuclear war in east asia might delay the release of this game

Hmmm... nah, don't care, I just wanna play sonic

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

you can get them all by the end of emerald hill act 2

I did too, because you can just keep hitting the reset button and keep your emeralds :devil:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
noobs. i can get super sonic by spring yard zone.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Sonic Mania & Fred Durst

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i like how in knuckles chatoix if you don't get all the chaos rings it shows the ones you do have disintegrating and plays the credits over the apocalypse but if you do have all the chaos rings it literally just says "cooool" and the credits play over the title screen art except sonic's there now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
cooooooooool

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
chaotix is so dumb but man is it ever pretty

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

chaotix is so dumb but man is it ever pretty

the art and music are great but man everything else really isn't

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

i like how in knuckles chatoix if you don't get all the chaos rings it shows the ones you do have disintegrating and plays the credits over the apocalypse but if you do have all the chaos rings it literally just says "cooool" and the credits play over the title screen art except sonic's there now

I mean, this is how every video game should end anyway

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I thought 20 attempts would be enough for my friend and me to get all the chaos rings but we never got past the 3rd special stage.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
FEATURING ESPIO THE CHAMELEON
    WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL
          IN SUPER 32X WORLD

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

sonic clackers

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Vector is the real star of the show

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Gammatron 64 posted:

The Taxman is the kind of guy who would program a bug on purpose then give you the option to turn it on or off depending on how authentic you want your experience to be

And I mean I'm semi-kidding but developers have actually done that before. The team that remade Ocarina of Time for 3DS purposefully left some bugs from the N64 in because they thought they were fun and would be disappointed if they weren't there.

Maybe we'll get a Sonic Mania & Amy DLC later. I hope.
Iirc Oot3d was built off the N64 code and still runs of the same engine as the original so that was just a nice excuse for them not to fix glitches already present in the game (several useful speedrun glitches did get fixed in the porting process and didn't get 'recreated').

S3&K complete proves your point tho, what with the option to toggle the S1 spike glitch etc.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

the crackers theme song is really catchy

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also you probably meant SONIC STUDIUM

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Check it out....sorry im on a train with really bad wifi and had a hard time figuring out how to upload screenshots from my ipad...check it out boys
sonic

This so so drat cool I'm REALLY proud of myself today, and wanted to share my experience with you all. Thanks for reading.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Probably not as impressive, but I got super sonic at marble garden in Sonic 3 without save scumming or purposeful deaths in my current playthrough of Sonic3C. Never been much good at getting the super emeralds though.

I remember as a kid the only way I could get all the emeralds was by playing on a completed save file and just going to the first ring in Angle Island again and again.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Espio is clearly ready to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

nah i meant clackers cause someone pointing out it's supposed to be named after the toy but the japanese l=r thing ended up making it "crackers" still blows my mind