Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Trump's twitter history is the Nostradamus of our time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Jippa posted:

I need some context.

Sorry about your :spergin:

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
After refusing to take any form of action for years the conservative Australian PM recently announced a 'voluntary non-binding postal plebiscite' on gay marriage, basically asking gay australians to beg from everyone else for the right to marry each other rather than putting it up for a parliamentary vote (where it would almost certainly win).

Today Bill Shorten, the Australian opposition party leader finally stood up and gave a speech in parliament tearing apart the PM for his cowardice and saying the poo poo i've been screaming at my TV set since the gay marriage plebiscite was first announced last year.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-10/same-sex-marriage-labor-to-hold-pm-responsible-for-filth/8794580

It's bittersweet since the Labor party was in power for six years recently and flatly refused to hold a vote either - only growing some balls and standing up for marriage equality once they were in opposition.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Slugnoid posted:

After refusing to take any form of action for years the conservative Australian PM recently announced a 'voluntary non-binding postal plebiscite' on gay marriage, basically asking gay australians to beg from everyone else for the right to marry each other rather than putting it up for a parliamentary vote (where it would almost certainly win).

Today Bill Shorten, the Australian opposition party leader finally stood up and gave a speech in parliament tearing apart the PM for his cowardice and saying the poo poo i've been screaming at my TV set since the gay marriage plebiscite was first announced last year.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-10/same-sex-marriage-labor-to-hold-pm-responsible-for-filth/8794580

It's bittersweet since the Labor party was in power for six years recently and flatly refused to hold a vote either - only growing some balls and standing up for marriage equality once they were in opposition.

What was Labor's excuse for those six years? I don't follow Aus. politics that closely.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Volcott posted:

What was Labor's excuse for those six years? I don't follow Aus. politics that closely.

"We want to get votes from shitheads" I imagine the excuse was.

Sadly, the Shithead demographic is fairly large in Australia.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FYI, you can have one of your own shipped from Gina right now for just $350:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170810011119&SearchText=trump+chicken

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 10:25 on Aug 10, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

poo poo..... I really want one of them.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

The last couple years would make a lot more sense if it turned out the president was just Chick Boo in disguise.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Can't be true, wasn't Chicken Boo actually competent?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oh poo poo, you're right. He was always the best at whatever job until he got found out.

Okay, new plan, can we find a giant chicken and elect it president instead?

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Skippy McPants posted:

The last couple years would make a lot more sense if it turned out the president was just Chick Boo in disguise.

It's been seven months.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Duodecimal posted:

It's been seven months.

Trump [typing]: "And since I'd achieved all my goals as President in one year, there was no need for the rest of the term."

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
http://i.imgur.com/kMvE5OX.gifv

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MariusLecter posted:

Luckily only the police can do those things to you here in the US.

No they can't. In the US, copyright bullshit is a civil matter.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ugh its Troika posted:

The companies still can't come search your house

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

ugh its Troika posted:

Private search warrants have nothing to do with whether a matter is a criminal offense or not, but rather whether the private party can convince a judge that the individual is at risk of destroying evidence should they be served a standard warrant.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That's some purestrain el classico schadenfreude, friend.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

ugh its Troika posted:

Nobody in the US can serve a search warrant except the cops. If a company sues you for civil copyright infringement, they can get a subpoena demanding you produce certain things. They can't just invade your property and search for those things themselves. A subpoena isn't a search warrant, and only officers of the government can serve search warrants.

A company could send agents to break into your house and take your poo poo, just like a burglar can break into your house and take your poo poo, and it'd be just as illegal.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
:filez: Man Leaks New 'Power' Episodes Online, Records His Own Face

quote:

Smash-hit TV series Power is well into season four but impatient fans won't have to wait for the next three episodes. All have leaked onto the Internet having been obtained via a STARZ press portal. In a world first, the episodes were 'cammed' using a phone, while being played back on a phone, with the 'cammer' recording his own face for good measure.

The 'camming', using a phone to record another phone, which has a broken screen:

quote:

If the whole situation isn’t bizarre enough so far, the episodes contain quite a bit of complaining from the ‘cammer’, mainly due to his arm aching from holding up the recording phone for such a long time.

Why he didn’t simply place it down on the table isn’t clear. He managed it with the playback phone, which is seen leaning against a large water container throughout, something the ‘cammer’ believes is pretty badass.

“You see, I got my poo poo propped up like a G,” he said, placing the phone against the water bottle. “Next episode, definitely not holdin’ this poo poo, so you n*****s gotta relax.”

If this whole scenario isn’t crazy enough, the ‘cammer’ polishes off his virtuoso performance by turning the ‘cam’ phone around and recording his own face for several seconds. To save his embarrassment we won’t publish an image here but needless to say, he is extremely easy to identify, as is his Facebook page, where the content seems to have first appeared.

Someone is working hard to take the next step on the scene-ladder.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

Just tell us the context then, I am sure you know it.

You must

How's this for context:

Aerdan posted:

She. Drove. Herself. To. His. House. For. These. Encounters.

She also consistently does not refer to any of them as 'rape', as I said earlier. It's up to her, not to you or any other Internet wannabe judge, what she classifies her encounters with him as. Yes, she regrets loving him, but that doesn't make it rape.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
:yikes:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Pull up thread

abort, abort

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

pulling up

http://i.imgur.com/kxeRLZW.mp4

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sometimes I think things would be better if making GBS threads into someone's open mouth wasn't considered assault.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

http://i.imgur.com/xJunIVT.mp4

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Phanatic posted:

Nobody in the US can serve a search warrant except the cops. If a company sues you for civil copyright infringement, they can get a subpoena demanding you produce certain things. They can't just invade your property and search for those things themselves. A subpoena isn't a search warrant, and only officers of the government can serve search warrants.

A company could send agents to break into your house and take your poo poo, just like a burglar can break into your house and take your poo poo, and it'd be just as illegal.
I think what they were saying is that, not only can a company not obtain a warrant to search your property, the police aren't going to do it either for a copyright case.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Toast Museum posted:

I think what they were saying is that, not only can a company not obtain a warrant to search your property, the police aren't going to do it either for a copyright case.

Uhhh, in the United States there is such a thing as Criminal Copyright Infringement and authorities do apply for and serve search warrants all the time for it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Volcott posted:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Glazier posted:

Uhhh, in the United States there is such a thing as Criminal Copyright Infringement and authorities do apply for and serve search warrants all the time for it.

I was only trying to clarify the other post's point as I understood it, since more than one person interpreted it differently than I think it was intended. I wasn't endorsing its content.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Gunfreude

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Toast Museum posted:

I was only trying to clarify the other post's point as I understood it, since more than one person interpreted it differently than I think it was intended. I wasn't endorsing its content.

Ah, gotcha :)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Pandas: too cute to die, too stupid to live.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Donnie's been criticising McConnell for not working on a repeal for Obamacare while on vacation.

There is some schadenfreude I can get behind.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Phanatic posted:

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/09/02/iphone.5.prototype/index.html

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

If you consent to a search than anyone can search your stuff for any reason at all, anywhere in the world. That's what consent means.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Phanatic posted:

If you consent to a search than anyone can search your stuff for any reason at all, anywhere in the world. That's what consent means.

To be fair it never said whether the first guy consented or not. Just that the second guy in the article did.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
http://i.imgur.com/R2l5idC.gifv

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitter.com/myARDOT/status/895357793007534080

That's a lot of frozen pizzas.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/893302579735691264

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm really confused by how she's positioned in there.