Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I went to NXT Los Angeles last night.

I saw Lars Sullivan bust open Oney Lorcan.

I saw Riddick Moss botch running the ropes.

I saw Sanity work babyface and get chants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Resident Idiot posted:

So Paul Ellering's role in the AOP is literally just to walk around now? They would have done better not having him in the opening segment.

Edit: Roderick Strong is a terrible face promo. He sounds like heel WCW Jericho, taken seriously.
Roddy craters as a face without Roode's direct heeling. If Drew wins I'd probably count on Roddy turning heel. I don't know how he'd work otherwise.

Paul Ellering is old and clearly not great at improvising promos but he's Paul fuckin Ellering

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

paul ellering would have gotten involved except sanity ripped up his book and that had all his plans on what to do if this happened

he can't coach right without his playbook :negative:

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Basic Chunnel posted:

not great at improvising promos

still love this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svG-viyxKJE

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Roddy craters as a face without Roode's direct heeling. If Drew wins I'd probably count on Roddy turning heel. I don't know how he'd work otherwise.

Paul Ellering is old and clearly not great at improvising promos but he's Paul fuckin Ellering

Was thinking if Drew beats Roddy then Roddy turns heel to chase Drew after Brooklyn for taking away his chance at revenge on Roode

I also assume Roode gets called up after Summerslam in this scenario.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

It was also against Joey Janela. People need to get over it.

Did the people raging about that rage about

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Accident Underwater posted:

Was thinking if Drew beats Roddy then Roddy turns heel to chase Drew after Brooklyn for taking away his chance at revenge on Roode

I also assume Roode gets called up after Summerslam in this scenario.
I feel like Roode is going to do something that pisses off Regal and gets the match turned into a triple threat, just with the way Roode talks over and pushes Regal around trying to set up matches

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
They obviously played the whole line of "he's a genius he's going to weaken down his opponent by having Roddy beat him up next week" but I hope they have Bobby do something next week, too.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Chris James 2 posted:

not that I'm defending it but wasn't this some stupid gimmick where he was like immune to pile drivers

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

also plenty of people disliked the road warriors constant no selling. they weren't good.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

freud mayweather posted:

gently caress being concerned about his neck; don't hire anyone who would no sell that table spot. that was awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfQGHGIjYAc

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Chris James 2 posted:

I'd probably think CZW was great if I were 10 years old still

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
CZW is great. They are everything good and pure about wrestling.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

The women's division is already buried by asuka, moving her up undefeated would be a marginal difference.

What's important for booking to do is give asuka all three belts somehow. The only way to beat asuka without feeling cheap is a bane-vs-batman style gauntlet where she has to fight incredible opponents consecutively on a saturday-sunday-monday-tuesday before losing the final fight

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

asuka should only lose when she is distracted by james ellsworth and rolled up by carmella, the princess of staten island

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/20287720/wwe-nxt-asuka-historic-nxt-women-championship-reign

Notable quote:

quote:

After such a long period of dominance in NXT, the next question (and the inevitable one) -- when will she move to either Raw or SmackDown? Then, the follow-up -- will she or should she drop the championship before leaving? Or does she carry a certain value with her if she gets the call-up while still undefeated in one-on-one matches?

It seems like the stage would have to be the Raw/SmackDown after either SummerSlam or a WrestleMania. Her first entrance deserves to be a grand stage with a crowd that would instantly recognize her accomplishments to make the debut as memorable and impactful as possible.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Worked wonders for Bayley

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Asuka will debut as... *spins wheel of lovely dumb bad decisions that suck* ...Dolph Ziggler's valet!

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I dislike drew mcintyre intensely and I hope nxt brooklyn explodes spontaneously right before his dumb match

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
6 months from now Asuka should hold all three women's belts and a couple of the men's as well.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
who cares if they get a good first reaction if the writing just pisses it away within weeks

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Asuka should be Nakamura's valet:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
cool

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

Worked wonders for Bayley

Bayley (and Emma) has a gimmick that requires nuance and consistency in its writing, which is something WWE has neither of. If you can somehow convince Vince to just book Asuka like Braun when she gets called up, she'll be fine. "Wrestler who wrecks fools" is the one story that WWE manages to get right sometimes.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Disappointed so see now discussion about the Street Profits owning. Montez Ford is a star in the making and social media savvy dudes is a remarkably relevant gimmick (that would absolutely tank in the hands of Vince McMahon). Now if we could just get them in front of a better crowd that isn't tired and/or trying to hear Mauro yell about Migos.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Bayley (and Emma) has a gimmick that requires nuance and consistency in its writing, which is something WWE has neither of. If you can somehow convince Vince to just book Asuka like Braun when she gets called up, she'll be fine. "Wrestler who wrecks fools" is the one story that WWE manages to get right sometimes.

Bayley's gimmick works if your scheduling tapes 4 shows at once so you're not working weekly matches, you do one promo a quarter and have a crowd that's so far up their own asses they make their own alien xenomorph tongue mouth wanting to get their stuff over.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/895783431015149568

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Aphrodite posted:

Bayley's gimmick works if your scheduling tapes 4 shows at once so you're not working weekly matches, you do one promo a quarter and have a crowd that's so far up their own asses they make their own alien xenomorph tongue mouth wanting to get their stuff over.
Hell Asuka doesn't even work weekly TV matches on NXT so she's even more screwed

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yay! Can't wait to see Welfare Queen shut that smug Liberty Belle up again!

rovert posted:

Asuka should be Nakamura's valet:

Honestly? The two of them as a couple that just beat people up and look effortlessly cool while they do so? I'm into it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Please tell me Oney and Burch will fight again at Takeover before forming a Bald Mother Fuckers tag team and murdering everybody. Please.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Please tell me Oney and Burch will fight again at Takeover before forming a Bald Mother Fuckers tag team and murdering everybody. Please.

They might fight at the TV taping for the week after Takeover?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The tag team of Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake has been green lit for NXT TV going forward:

Someone who goes local NXT shows described them as having an "unspoken twang of a racist Revival". So watch out Street Prophets.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"Zero fricks given" is so stupid.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who are the Metro Brothers and why are they so bad that the one almost dropped the SP dude on his head doing a back duplex reversal?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently working the house show tonight in St. Petersburg besides Kairi is also Shayna and Dakota Kai.

Shayna was out of left field for me, to be honest.

Also:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXoiU7jB_ki/

Dakota, Kairi, and Aliyah vs The Iconic Duo and Shayna.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 11, 2017

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Phenix Rising posted:

Who are the Metro Brothers and why are they so bad that the one almost dropped the SP dude on his head doing a back duplex reversal?

That was stupid as hell. I haven't rewatched but I think he DID drop him head first except Ford managed to get his hands down and catch himself.

That match was dead but SP really have potential.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/NINaylor/status/895807920767676416

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

rovert posted:

The tag team of Steve Cutler and Wesley Blake has been green lit for NXT TV going forward:

Someone who goes local NXT shows described them as having an "unspoken twang of a racist Revival". So watch out Street Prophets.

lol so blake is back and going to be on TV regularly while Murphy isn't?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

dromal phrenia posted:

lol so blake is back and going to be on TV regularly while Murphy isn't?

Murphy is considered as "uncoachable" aka has a bad attitude and/or has rubbed coaches up the wrong way.

WWE doesn't really release people anymore and his relationship with Alexa Bliss will likely save him but if WWE was more trigger happy he'd likely be released.

No clue if he is in Total Divas or not or how much for the record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Or Blake is being given a gimmick that's dead on arrival, moving him one step closer to being released, and Murphy isn't.

Or I just got scooped.

• Locked thread