Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Tenacity and Last Ditch are both exclusive to headgear, you can't have both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I've been having a hoot using the jet squelcher lately, it's nice being able to push people back in relative safety

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Plebian Parasite posted:

looks like i need to aim for Last Ditch Effort, Ninja Squid, and probably Tenacity as my primaries

for a while i wrote off tenacity because i assumed "active players" meant players who hadn't been disconnected lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

R. Guyovich posted:

for a while i wrote off tenacity because i assumed "active players" meant players who hadn't been disconnected lol

god drat it

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

would anyone like to play for a while, I've never done the ranked modes before

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

would anyone like to play for a while, I've never done the ranked modes before
As far as I know you can't really join friends in Ranked mode because of the ranking and elo causing team switches constantly. I did run into InTraining randomly in a Ranked match and dunked on him, but there's no queuing up unless you do League mode.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

As far as I know you can't really join friends in Ranked mode because of the ranking and elo causing team switches constantly. I did run into InTraining randomly in a Ranked match and dunked on him, but there's no queuing up unless you do League mode.

aH i see, well if there is interest for turf wars, I am down, otherwise i will attempt to unlock league

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

That was cool, like two ships passing in the night

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also that loss emptied my A- bar and I was pissed

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

once in counter strike i ended up playing with a 5 stack against a friend who declined the lobby invite because he had another group already and it was awesome

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

after a series of deafeningly quick wins, I'm B- and able to do league

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

after a series of deafeningly quick wins, I'm B- and able to do league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

Rainmaker is fun as heck if at least one other of your teammates know what they're doing.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

would anyone like to do some grizzco whilst it is available

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

would anyone like to do some grizzco whilst it is available

i saw this too late but would be up for it today

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

R. Guyovich posted:

i saw this too late but would be up for it today
Same.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I should have league unlocked soon, went straight from C- to C+ in tower control yesterday. You just need a B- and not neutral B, right?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah you just need B- and I think you just need one (?). When I tried League I only had B- in Splat Zones and C rank in both others and it let me join but I didn't actually try to play an actual game so idk for sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah you just need B- in something

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm out of town today so no salmon run! dang!!!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

i'm out of town today so no salmon run! dang!!!

there should be a portable version of the switch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

there should be a portable version of the switch

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have been periodically playing today but my internet here is really spotty so sometimes when I get on I've got like 500 ping and playing in molasses

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm in league! I actually had to win one more after hitting B- before it unlocked for some reason.

Turns out C rank Tower Control is really easy if you're paying attention to the map and objective even just like a tiny little bit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't find the last level in single player and I feel like a retard.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

The last level is accessible via the pink moving platforms. Hit the propeller by the rollers to move it over to you and then jump across the bounce platforms.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

My switch name is Kevin and im gonna add the codes in the op

My code is SW-5441-1600-1444

Usually play around 9pm pacific maybe other times on the weekend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ptarmigans posted:

The last level is accessible via the pink moving platforms. Hit the propeller by the rollers to move it over to you and then jump across the bounce platforms.

sorry I didn't mean the actual last level on the list im just missing one level

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
All the levels in W5 are pretty straightforward (the platforms drive by them).

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

my guess is the one that's way out in invisible platform land

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No I got that one. I got stumped by some rotating pillar that I couldn't actually find a level on

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The umbrella comes out today and I'm going to miss the opening new weapon weekend when 90% of matches will have 5+ umbrellas. Comes with sprinkler and rain storm

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I'm going to defend the tower with a squad of four umbrellas

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'd like to thank everyone who decided it was a good idea to try out the new weapon on ranked

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Something about my gyro sensitivity seems way off. Up and down is good but left and right is too slow and then on the analog its too fast

I keep running up to people and missing them

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Something about my gyro sensitivity seems way off. Up and down is good but left and right is too slow and then on the analog its too fast

I keep running up to people and missing them

You can adjust all of those seperately in the options

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

s[l;attng down the rainmaker is the best fuckin feeling on earth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ran through almost all the single player again on my flight. it's fun to go fast in this game, I was searching for the hidden stuff the first time around but now running through for the Hero Bucket I'm getting like 2-4 minutes per level. it would be neat if they had par times

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Ran through almost all the single player again on my flight. it's fun to go fast in this game, I was searching for the hidden stuff the first time around but now running through for the Hero Bucket I'm getting like 2-4 minutes per level. it would be neat if they had par times
Yeah I really liked that part of it. There's one specific level that you can tell was designed around the concept of speed running, with a bunch of grind rails and stuff. I wish there were more levels like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

P-Mack posted:

You can adjust all of those seperately in the options

You can adjust motion as one and right stick as the other. You can't adjust motion up down and motion left right and I can't get a combo where both feel comfortable and the stick moves at the right speed

I think I'll just get used to it with practice

I keep turning the analog too far when I'm aiming at people but I need it to be able to swing quickly when I'm inking

• Locked thread