Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

remigious posted:

I hope tyrion dies, he's been super boring lately.

I want to see him ride a dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

facebook jihad posted:

I think at this point Tyrion is so boring and useless if he died most people would be meh about it

All his sarcasm and wit just disappeared into the ether. Last episode he looked like those guys you see in pictures around Stalin. All smiles , but you can see the deadly fear in their eyes

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

Look at this stupid gently caress here

how about you suck on my peepee

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

im cute posted:

cat is in the running for Dumbest Character along with literally every other character except onion hands and Qyburn

You forgot Bronn but yeah, there are a lot of dumb ones and formerly good ones that are now useless (ie. Littlefinger with 3-eyed donkey being able to call his shenanigans before they happen).

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Why do so many shows start to suck towards the end ? Braking Bad had the same problem

If you run out of ideas just end the series

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

you cant really blame the plot on hbo. they made that fat rear end spill the beans before even starting the show back in 2010 or whenever

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Decebal posted:

Why do so many shows start to suck towards the end ? Braking Bad had the same problem

Blame Gurm for running out of HDD space on his AS-400 terminal.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

you cant really blame the plot on hbo. they made that fat rear end spill the beans before even starting the show back in 2010 or whenever

Maybe he didn't even know how to end it but when HBO showed him the fat shack$ he was under pressure and just made something up fast without worrying too much

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Decebal posted:

Shows don't usually last past 5 seasons without sucking, or losing whatever steam propelled them to greatness. I think Alan Ball made sure Six Feet Under ended after season 5 and then he left True Blood after season 5 for these reasons. Also LOST would have probably been a stronger show as a whole had it ended at season 5.

Game of Thrones seemed like it spent the first few seasons waiting for GRRM to finish his stupid books, then season 5 was a confused "he's not finished" clusterfuck, and now they have some great momentum because they have been promised an end.

The show feels rushed now though. They would have probably done things differently had GRRM finished his books.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

The show has a bad habit of keeping characters around long after they ceased to be relevant to the plot. It really muddies up the writing and makes things way more complicated than they need to be. It also makes the characters less interesting when the show has to keep coming up wi convoluted ways to work them back into the main story. It doesn't bother me much, but I have noticed it.

What is the main story now? All I know is that they are still building up to Wrath of the Lich King and Dragon War.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Decebal posted:

Takes a lot of artistic integrity to end a show that's making truckloads of money. I'd also assume that doing so is often up to whoever's airing/financing it rather than the creative people, so they might just find themselves replaced if they don't want to play ball.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

i heard they'll be making prequels... my uncle works at hbo

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'd like just one episode of nothing but season two Tyrion and Varys riding around westeros poo poo talking everyone they come across.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

solar energy panel posted:

Shows don't usually last past 5 seasons without sucking, or losing whatever steam propelled them to greatness. I think Alan Ball made sure Six Feet Under ended after season 5 and then he left True Blood after season 5 for these reasons. Also LOST would have probably been a stronger show as a whole had it ended at season 5.

Game of Thrones seemed like it spent the first few seasons waiting for GRRM to finish his stupid books, then season 5 was a confused "he's not finished" clusterfuck, and now they have some great momentum because they have been promised an end.

The show feels rushed now though. They would have probably done things differently had GRRM finished his books.

I call it the Toaster Effect. Don't take too long to take the toast out of the toaster or it will cool and not be as enjoyable. Don't put it back in the toaster after it's done, or it will burn. Don't put too much poo poo in the toaster or you will ruin the toaster and the toast.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I vote for The Young Hound as a spinoff

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
game of thrones [ robert;s rebellion
game of thrones [ the doom of valyria
game of thrones [ adventures of the dornishmens wifes
game of thrones [ male model rides a dragon with his penis hanging out
game of thrones [ a faceless man has sex with and then kills 35 different people
game of thrones [ war of the ninepenny kings
game of thrones [ adventures of aegon the conqueror;s penis
game of thrones [ adventures of aemon the dragonknight;s penis
game of thrones [ bran the bulder builds the wall and has sex with it

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Decebal posted:

All his sarcasm and wit just disappeared into the ether. Last episode he looked like those guys you see in pictures around Stalin. All smiles , but you can see the deadly fear in their eyes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

facebook jihad posted:

I think at this point Tyrion is so boring and useless if he died most people would be meh about it

He sort of died as a character after Blackwater, before then it was a his weekly troll adventures with Bronn.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The good characters were the focus on early seasons

We had dudes like Sean Bean being the protagonist for most of S1 and he got to act together with that fat bearded king guy.... and Tyrion with friends helming the following seasons.

Now the absolutely least interesting characters and actors are the sole focus of the show while guys like Tyrion are sidelined

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh god they could actually do almost every one of those

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

game of thrones [ bran the bulder builds the wall and has sex with it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Could Bran warg into an earlier version of himself :stare:

[€dit] I mean, could Bran warg into someone and then gently caress HIMSELF

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue Raider posted:

I can because he only gave them notes which are subject to change constantly because that's how writing happens and are probably only one of a number of possible routes he could take given that he already stated he has a basic ending written which will work if he writes himself into a corner but he wants to do something else.

Plus it's their job to convert notes for a novel into plot for TV. They're definitely making decisions beyond just "film based on the notes."

Zzulu posted:

And if so can he warg into an earlier version of himself but after he already gained warg powers and just repeatedly warg like 1-2 seconds back right as he is cumming?

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zzulu posted:

different bran

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

are you sure???

*mysterious music plays*

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Decebal posted:

I vote for The Young Hound as a spinoff

A oval office of the Seven Kingdoms

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zzulu posted:

The good characters were the focus on early seasons

We had dudes like Sean Bean being the protagonist for most of S1 and he got to act together with that fat bearded king guy.... and Tyrion with friends helming the following seasons.

Now the absolutely least interesting characters and actors are the sole focus of the show while guys like Tyrion are sidelined

I lolled at now you have Dany and Jon scenes creating a charisma black hole.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zzulu posted:

are you sure???

*mysterious music plays*

(dooduhluhDAduh dooduhluhDAduh dooduhluhDAduh ) DING DING DING DING, DING DING (dooduhluhDAduh dooduhluhDAduh ) DING DING DING DING, DING DING (dooduhluhDAduh dooduhluhDAduh ) [b]DUN[dun dun /b](dooduhluhDAduh dooduhluhDAduh )

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
How many gloryholes did bran the builder include in the wall? Is that how the WW get through?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So are theere lady giants or what?

asking for a friend

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

How does a contract for a show like this look? Did the actors know that it'd go this loving long? I can't imagine Jacob Anderson went aw poo poo yeah I'm gonna play nodick brokenenglish for five years.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
I hope Davos gets at least 3 more chances to bring up his humble Fleabottom origins while sucking off another incompetent leader who once did something fair one time.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

etalian posted:

I lolled at now you have Dany and Jon scenes creating a charisma black hole.

I can't believe how dull those two are.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue Raider posted:

I dunno though... he gave them the notes he had at the time. At the time he was also saying stuff like "I have a basic 'wrote-myself-into-a-corner' ending more or less written but I want to avoid using it." Plus things like that constantly evolve as they are being written; he's even said that's specifically his style of writing (versus planning everything out meticulously beforehand then putting it to paper).

Plus it's their job to take his notes regarding a novel and then make a TV show out of it. If people/armies/ships feel like they are teleporting around (or whatever complaint) that isn't GRRM's writing that's the showrunners not paying enough attention to the sense of time progression wrt the viewer.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Zzulu posted:

[€dit] I mean, could Bran warg into someone and then gently caress HIMSELF

<Sansa pauses, breakfast spoon halfway to her mouth as Bran's eyes go white and he shakes violently.>
Sansa: Bran! What happening? Is that you?
Bran: Yes. But not the bran you know.
Sanda: Uh-Doi?!
Bran: I'm from.. different times.
Sanda: Which time? The future?
Bran: Every time, every bran, here and now. In this time.
Sansa: Uh-Doi-Doi?!
Bran: I'm All Bran. Part of your complete breakfast.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
No spin-offs matter unless it's the Brienne and Tormund sex tape.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

aphid_licker posted:

How does a contract for a show like this look? Did the actors know that it'd go this loving long? I can't imagine Jacob Anderson went aw poo poo yeah I'm gonna play nodick brokenenglish for five years.

I'm not sure, but for that money, I'd play Nodick Brokenenglish for as long as HBO wanted me to.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

aphid_licker posted:

Nodick Simperlips gettin real paid son!

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think it is funny that Alfie Allen (Theon) apparently just sat around smoking weed all the time to the point that his sister Lily Allen made a song/video poo poo talking him and now he probably made or will make more money from GoT alone than she is worth total.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RgOm_WJKpE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
More like Casterly Cock.