Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Takoluka posted:

What in the world are people expecting from a Splatoon sequel that would be so fundamentally different from the original? Like, when Doom 2 came out, did everyone complain that it should have just been a $5 WAD file?

sequels are ports now. there hasn't been a new game in decades. also games on pc and console are console exclusive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
RELEASE THE STARDEW PLEASE!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Policenaut posted:

PS Vita launched with the best new Lumines game since 2,

Would kill for Lumines on Switch.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Star Doo
Soon!!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The first pinwheel I found in Zelda didn't trigger it's korok balloons, so I spent entirely too long trying to figure out what the hell the trick was. :v:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

RELEASE THE STARDEW PLEASE!

Check under your chair, Dr. Tim! YOU ALREADY HAVE A COPY!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
[quote="“Dr. VooDoo”" post="“475225486”"]
Check under your chair, Dr. Tim! YOU ALREADY HAVE A COPY!
[/quote]

:vince:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

They sent me a brand new Switch cause they couldn't fix the issue with the wifi and now I have much better wifi signal reception. Super fast turn around too

What was wrong with your wifi? The short leash on the wifi receptor in my Switch annoys me almost every day.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Tender Bender posted:

I can't wait for Stardew, a game I've been wanting for a long time and will probably play for 12 hours over one weekend and then never touch again.
Actually you'll play it for 400 hours over the course of 2 weeks and then randomly stop playing it and never play it ever again.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Stardew Valley looks ugly and I am going to play CatQuest and Yooka-Laylee instead when?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's basically SNES era graphics. It's alright, not like Dwarf Fortress ugly.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Jet Set Radio Future when?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

Would kill for Lumines on Switch.

Oh my god why did you put this thought in my head :fap:

Also Rez plz.

The Bloop posted:

Yooka-Laylee instead when?

They just now posted to their kickstarter with a new update that says "we'll let you know!! :D" :fuckoff:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yooka Laylee good or bad? I liked Banjo Kazooie (20?) years ago, but I'm not sure I'd like it now...I feel like I may have grown out of the genre. I am excited about the new mario, but that's because it looks insanely awesome.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cartoon Man posted:

Yooka Laylee good or bad? I liked Banjo Kazooie (20?) years ago, but I'm not sure I'd like it now...I feel like I may have grown out of the genre. I am excited about the new mario, but that's because it looks insanely awesome.

It's not good as Banjo 1 but it's pretty equal to the rest of Rare's 3D platformers for better and for worse. Mario will definitely be leagues better.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Fun Times! posted:

What was wrong with your wifi? The short leash on the wifi receptor in my Switch annoys me almost every day.

I was getting System Error 2618-0002 while it was in sleep mode, which is a network error. Was happening every day so something screwy was happening with its connection while sleeping

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Mario will definitely be leagues better.
Without a doubt, but luckily it's not an either-or (plus I backed Y-L like 100 years ago so I don't have to buy that again)

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Has there been any indication of a Hollow Knight release date? The game looks cool and I've resisted steam sales for it because I'd like it on Switch but it still seems nebulous from what I can find.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Flip Wars just came out in NA, any EU goons have impressions?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Flip Wars' characters make me think that the game was originally going to be another Metroid spinoff like Federation Force. Looks like it could scratch the same itch as Bomberman.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 10, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Moonlighter posted on their Kickstarter again talking about console releases and I asked them if they were thinking about Switch and they said "It is not announced officially but we are seriously considering it :)"

So if that looks like something you'd be interested in, semi-good news for the indefinite future!

e: yeah I should probably like link to a trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3MmavVxFCY

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 10, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Wow that game looks really cool, it would be perfect for the Switch.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Has there been any indication of a Hollow Knight release date? The game looks cool and I've resisted steam sales for it because I'd like it on Switch but it still seems nebulous from what I can find.

Just buy it on both because indie games need your help

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I purchased Thumper, I am Setsuna, and Shovel Knight collection this afternoon in anticipation of my next trip to China. Between my books, 3DS backlog, and still needing to finish Zelda, I don't think I'm going to be hurting for entertainment. I'm excited.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Switch is the perfect console for the entire Jackbox series

https://twitter.com/jackboxgames/status/895684395041828866

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

someone tell if phantom trigger is any good

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gumdrop Larry posted:

basically every digital indie release date for Switch is a giant glowing question mark. Stardew when, Hollow Knight when, Wargroove/Golf Story/Mother 3 when.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DLC Inc posted:

basically every digital indie release date for Switch is a giant glowing question mark. Stardew when, Hollow Knight when, Wargroove/Golf Story/Mother 3 when.
In fairness, we do know Stardew is at least running on Switch from those tweets posted a page or two back. So soonish. Ish. Maybe.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Darkest Dungeon dev potentially joins the "this would be perfect for Switch" train

https://gonintendo.com/stories/287354-darkest-dungeon-dev-says-there-s-always-a-chance-of-a-switch-ve

Darkest Dungeon would be perfect for Switch even if it's on Vita/iPad now

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm waiting for that Dandara game announced at E3 which is supposed to be Switch exclusive I think?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

why are they doing this to us

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zelder posted:

someone tell if phantom trigger is any good

It might be me. I will have the purest opinion of all, because I'd never heard of this game before today and it looks kinda rad. I think I might buy it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I love my portable indie machine.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

Way to make me feel old. It's actually 19 years old, but still.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
gently caress it. Give me Super Meat Boy. Give me N++. Give me Spelunky.

Give me Mini Metro and Stardew and Rogue Legacy and You Need A Budget and Holy Potatoes and bit.trip and Trackmania and all the poo poo I bought on Steam during sales and never played. Give me them.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Give me FTL

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Mega64 posted:

I love my portable indie machine.
Now all it needs is some good indie games.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Cartoon Man posted:

From a friend who loved N64 rare games, it seems like it's a old Rare game with all the good and bad it entails. Fun writing, good music, some clever gameplay ideas, bad boss battles, levels can end up feeling like a chore. As long as you don't over-idolize the genre it'll probably end up being okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Only a couple fringe reviews, but I think I'm backing away from my intent to buy Phantom Trigger. Sounds mediocre at best.

• Locked thread