Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

esperterra posted:

Yeah, I meant before KL fell. It is weird not one of them would go after Darry and the kids to be with them. Or simply return to KL to serve their new king.

Something was up for sure.

They were Rhaegars best buddies and recognized that the war was lost. Following the former royal family into exile was not their style, dying while fulfilling the last order their prince gave them on the other hand was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I don't buy it.

Edit: Was Gerold even his buddy?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 10, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Lycus posted:

I don't buy it.

Edit: Was Gerold even his buddy?

Honor makes people do dumb things that make no sense. It's like the moral of the story.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So It Goes posted:

I don't like the secret marriage because it ruins the theme that despite Jons true heritage, he was still a bastard technically. As such, all the people that poo poo on him for being a bastard were technically accurate and his success in spite of being one was a nice thematic touch.

Removing him from being a bastard ruins all of that and just pushes his whole Harry Potter chosen one destiny even farther and makes the show kinda hokey.

They also made sure that Sam's rear end in a top hat dad and his honestly innocent brother, got burnt so Sam can have a happy ending with Gilly in a castle.

esperterra posted:

After Viserys, Aegon would be next in line anyway,

Technically the line always passes through the eldest son. So Jon would still be ahead of Viseris even if Rhaegar was never crowned.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Prediction: they're gonna include something very explicit to remind viewers that Jon and Dany are related when they have sex because otherwise nobody would even realize.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

lezard_valeth posted:

Honor makes people do dumb things that make no sense. It's like the moral of the story.

But this wouldn't be a dumb honor vs smart pragmatism situation at all.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Prediction: they're gonna include something very explicit to remind viewers that Jon and Dany are related when they have sex because otherwise nobody would even realize.

Show watchers who don't read anything like recaps or articles or anything still have 0 idea who Jon's dad is, it's loving hilarious.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Complete spoilers say Sam tells Bran to go watch Rhaegar and Llyana's wedding. The flashback will go back and forth between said wedding and boatsex.

So yes.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Demiurge4 posted:

They also made sure that Sam's rear end in a top hat dad and his honestly innocent brother, got burnt so Sam can have a happy ending with Gilly in a castle.

Sam was disowned you slut.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

one of the dumbest people i work with who watches the show (they even call jaime "james") knows dany is jon's aunt.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Yea, and who witnessed it? His mom and sister, who clearly love Sam and wouldn't actually hold up his "disowning" if he came back home.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

Do you think Arya will tell anyone that she trained with the faceless men?

Jon? The Hound?

Who am I kidding Bran will talk about it

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

By a dead man, and Sam is best buddies with a king on the winning side.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Sam is a brother of the Night's Watch - him no longer having a claim on Horn Hill is very well documented through his vows, even though he is tapping that sweet Gilly rear end.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

He also saved the life of the Queen's best friend. As Stannis said of Night's Watch vows, "Words are wind".

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Will there even be a nights watch without a wall?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The Watch and the Wall will no longer exist so it doesn't matter.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Yeah it's demonstrated time and again that vows, traditions, birthright, etc. all mean exactly as much as the person with the most swords or subtlest dagger at their command wants them to. Even before pillar institutions and massive great houses got annihilated. Now they're pretty much starting at feudal Mad Max times and it's gonna mean even less.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TeaJay posted:

It would actually be a pretty nice moment for Sansa if she would echo Ned (and Jon) with the whole "The (wo)man who passes the sentence should swing the sword".

Also Arya is really dumb if she actually falls for this plot. Or can't even trail Littlefinger without being seen. Granted, Baelish is a master of subterfuge, but... Arya's training and all? Surely she has more points in Sneak than LF has in Perception

I lol how they even keep around a guy who has a history of backstabbing his supposed "allies"

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So it was a couple pages back people were talking about it, but I went back and watched the scene where Davos puts Gendry in the boat and he actually tells Gendry to follow the coast and get back to King's Landing. Gendry's all "uh the Gold Cloaks are kind of looking for me..." but Davos handwaves it by saying they don't know his face. So I guess there's a reason for Davos to expect Gendry might still be hanging around there, albeit a dumb one.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Episode 5 plot outline leak - http://imgur.com/a/AkDWm

there another link to this anywhere it got taken down

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Sydin posted:

So it was a couple pages back people were talking about it, but I went back and watched the scene where Davos puts Gendry in the boat and he actually tells Gendry to follow the coast and get back to King's Landing. Gendry's all "uh the Gold Cloaks are kind of looking for me..." but Davos handwaves it by saying they don't know his face. So I guess there's a reason for Davos to expect Gendry might still be hanging around there, albeit a dumb one.

"Gendry" was killed years ago on the Kingsroad. And they never knew what he looked like. And the king who sent them is long dead. It's not like they have DNA or retinal scans in Westeros.

Edit: He spent a whole season in a Lannister military camp no problem. King's Landing is no big deal.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 10, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Operation Bastard Purge did seem like a one-off venture ordered by a dead king rather than an ongoing edict, and the Lannister Men who were specifically tasked with pursuing Gendry were successful as far as they knew thanks to Arya's misinformation.

So I guess it's plausible he could hide in plain sight.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lycus posted:

"Gendry" was killed years ago on the Kingsroad. And they never knew what he looked like. And the king who sent them is long dead. It's not like they have DNA or retinal scans in Westeros.

Yea, exactly. Remember all the various dwarves they kept bringing to Cersei to be all "See? We got the Imp! Now pay up!"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The important part is that Gendry was there to confirm whether those were Lena Headey's tits or if she used a double for the shame walk.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

banned from Starbucks posted:

there another link to this anywhere it got taken down

Here's a text version, but because it was automatically transcribed it's missing a few of the words. Does anyone have a mirror of the original images?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

"You must stay in hiding for the rest of your days, if people are to find of your identity it could lead to your undoing."

*makes big rear end warhammer with Baratheon sigil upon it*

"it was for the king, who was a baratheon"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i wish those hackers would leak the rest of the season. it should be a crime not to dump seasons all at once nowadays.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Yeah it's demonstrated time and again that vows, traditions, birthright, etc. all mean exactly as much as the person with the most swords or subtlest dagger at their command wants them to. Even before pillar institutions and massive great houses got annihilated. Now they're pretty much starting at feudal Mad Max times and it's gonna mean even less.

it's like no one remembers Ned handing Barristan Selmy a sealed edict from now-dead Robert making Ned Regent until Joeffrey is of age, which Cerci literally rips up in front of everyone.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

The important part is that Gendry was there to confirm whether those were Lena Headey's tits or if she used a double for the shame walk.

that was 100% a double when she got out of the bed with jamie recently

i know a 20 year old rear end when i see one

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Groovelord Neato posted:

i wish those hackers would leak the rest of the season. it should be a crime not to dump seasons all at once nowadays.

That leak was them cutting off a finger and sending it to HBO.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

it's like no one remembers Ned handing Barristan Selmy a sealed edict from now-dead Robert making Ned Regent until Joeffrey is of age, which Cerci literally rips up in front of everyone.

yep, and how that whole power play turned not on some maester coming in to tape it back together and like inspect the handwriting before taking it to the westerosi UN for arbitration or w/e, but on who's behalf the city guard had been bribed

Ague Proof posted:

That leak was them cutting off a finger and sending it to HBO.

and it was still one of the highest-rated eps ever iinm, so if i were hbo i'd be like "sure yeah release another one in 240p. they still gonna tune in to peep them titties in HD"

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

etalian posted:

I lol how they even keep around a guy who has a history of backstabbing his supposed "allies"

They. Need. The. Knights. Of. The. Vale.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The highest rated ever, i think.

JaySB posted:

To be fair, I'm sure they'll obey Royce, who seems to be Sansa's real right hand.

Maybe they have to kill him in secret, so Robin doesn't throw a shitfit.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 11, 2017

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Lycus posted:

Edit: He spent a whole season in a Lannister military camp no problem. King's Landing is no big deal.

Hopefully when Gendry bumps into his old master on the way to breakfast he's not too sour about getting his face shoved over hot coals during an interrogation over Gendry. :v:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

JaySB posted:

So Littlefinger falls down some stairs, how tragic, and if you can't figure out how to manipulate Sweetrobin into fighting the zombies with his cool sworn knights then you have failed the tutorial level of The Game of Thrones.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

latest preston video had him saying hes a feminist and his subs are losing their drat minds

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Do they know GRRM is a feminist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Dongicus posted:

latest preston video had him saying hes a feminist and his subs are losing their drat minds

:lol: I just read the first 5 comments and decided to give up. jfc

• Locked thread